Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A 38 Minute 'Mistake': Hawaii sends incoming ballistic missile alert

A 38 Minute 'Mistake': Hawaii sends incoming ballistic missile alert

Hawaii mistakenly sent an alert broadcast that a ballistic missile is incoming...

Breaking911
    @Breaking911
    Video From Hawaii Shows Children Being Placed Into Storm Drains After False Alert Sent Out About Missile Strike

Sara Donchey
    @KPRC2Sara
    This was my phone when I woke up just now.
    My family is on the North Shore. They were hiding in the garage. My mom and sister were crying.

EndGameShow
    @EndgameShowWW3
    It took 38 mins for the Hawaiian govt to put out a retraction and say this was a mistake, unsatisfactory!

Tulsi Gabbard
    HAWAII - THIS IS A FALSE ALARM. THERE IS NO INCOMING MISSILE TO HAWAII. I HAVE CONFIRMED WITH OFFICIALS THERE IS NO INCOMING MISSILE.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some heads should roll over this blunder. SMH
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Opps,,

But the Test to see if Fear-mongering works was successful.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Mistake or a test to see how people respond when they think it's for real?
    "I am a bird"

There won't be a real one.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Betcha, no one will be fired, no one held accountable. The union for the government worker will step in and declare that there was not enough adequate training for the person to determine which button is for what. I mean after all, how many times does this person actually drill for this scenario?

I hate it when I'm right... https://nypost.com/2018/01/14/worker...t-re-assigned/

The Hawaii public employee who plunged the state into chaos by accidentally sending out an incoming-missile emergency alert Saturday has been re-assigned, according to reports.

The unnamed emergency-department worker will not be fired because he made an honest mistake, said Hawaii Emergency Management Agency spokesman Richard Rapoza to the Washington Post.

“Part of the problem was it was too easy — for anyone — to make such a big mistake,” Rapoza said. “We have to make sure that we’re not looking for retribution, but we should be fixing the problems in the system. … I know that it’s a very, very difficult situation for him.”

The agency has already put in place new safeguards to prevent such a misfire — including a “cancel” button that will immediately send out corrective alerts when an erroneous warning is issued, officials said Sunday.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 01-14-2018 at 08:16 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Betcha, no one will be fired, no one held accountable.
    Commendations are more likely.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Of all the ways to die, being vaporized directly underneath a nuke is the most painless. I reckon hiding your kids in storm drains is only prolonging their death in the real thing.

Media hyping this one all day. Somebody pushed the wrong button at twitter. $#@!ing hilarious.

When Orson wells played war of the worlds the newspapers hyped it up so people would stop believing the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    The union for the government worker will step in and declare that there was not enough adequate training for the person to determine which button is for what. I mean after all, how many times does this person actually drill for this scenario?
    They will go through those motions as part of the cover story but this was not a mistake.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    When Orson wells played war of the worlds the newspapers hyped it up so people would stop believing the radio.
    Yeah, the east coast went postal.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    lol

$#@!ing A. I feel like laughing more than not when "disaster" strikes the US o'Kwa. Always a motherfucker looking for sympathy.

Stephen Falken - "What you see up here is a fantasy...a ... a computer enhanced hallucination...you are listening to a machine. Do the world a favor and don't act like one."

Gen Jack Berringer - "Mr President, at this point in time we can not confirm the inbounds. We have reason to believe they do not exist."

They took down the storm drain video.

lol

This Russian is so cool under fire because he was not highly trained and conditioned from a young age to be a helpless pussy by the State skrools.

Also, I'm willing to wager that his self-identified gender matches his genetic and anatomical gender.

You mean this one

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/unsungdamageddwarfrabbit
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    yup. $#@!s on Twitter were horrified, enraged at 'the very idea!!'... ''They should be arrested!" "the 'stupidity' of stuffing kids into storm drains"...
    etc.. etc..
    couldn't help thinking of the mother of infant Moses... 'the very IDEA!!' 'How could a mother DO that!!'
    Truth?
    If you think it's 'REAL'... you have no idea WHAT you'll do... EZ to 'judge' on a social network/group think.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

So was it an Obama admin. holdover trying to stir up $#@! on the current administration?

Jan2017

Feh... are you serious?

This will pass into the mists, challenged in no substantive way. Were the people of Hawaii to take real action, I'd amend my opinion. As things stand, I am confident there will be no plate of crow to eat, which is the real pity. You know things are bad when someone such as myself wishes to be justly regarded as the village idiot.

Any heads that roll will be those of relative innocence and no consequence whatsoever to the governing orthodoxy.

Think about it in some depth: if this cannot bring a population to rise in fury to strike down that which so clearly treats them in such shabby disregard, I cannot readily envision what might. Thirty seven minutes of thinking there are warheads inbound must seem like that many eternities. Imagine the thoughts and emotions racing through parents for their children. Those same people will fail to rise and take care of business. I suppose they deserve the abuse of the yokes placed about their necks.

This leads my inner software engineer to wonder how their systems are designed, that a mere changing of the guard could lead to this sort of result. The only other possibility is that the man who set this fiasco into motion did so with knowledge and intent, in which case he should spend many years in Leavenworth doing the rocks thing. From a GUI design standpoint, there should be at least three levels of confirmation, properly formatted, through which one must traverse before such messages go out into the wild. Proper design and implementation of such a filter is not particularly difficult. If it is missing, some very serious questions should arise. If not, well...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Feh... are you serious?

This will pass into the mists, challenged in no substantive way. Were the people of Hawaii to take real action, I'd amend my opinion. As things stand, I am confident there will be no plate of crow to eat, which is the real pity. You know things are bad when someone such as myself wishes to be justly regarded as the village idiot.

Any heads that roll will be those of relative innocence and no consequence whatsoever to the governing orthodoxy.

Think about it in some depth: if this cannot bring a population to rise in fury to strike down that which so clearly treats them in such shabby disregard, I cannot readily envision what might. Thirty seven minutes of thinking there are warheads inbound must seem like that many eternities. Imagine the thoughts and emotions racing through parents for their children. Those same people will fail to rise and take care of business. I suppose they deserve the abuse of the yokes placed about their necks.

This leads my inner software engineer to wonder how their systems are designed, that a mere changing of the guard could lead to this sort of result. The only other possibility is that the man who set this fiasco into motion did so with knowledge and intent, in which case he should spend many years in Leavenworth doing the rocks thing. From a GUI design standpoint, there should be at least three levels of confirmation, properly formatted, through which one must traverse before such messages go out into the wild. Proper design and implementation of such a filter is not particularly difficult. If it is missing, some very serious questions should arise. If not, well...
    This is interesting:

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

This is interesting:

Loathe as I am at times to trust Jones, what he says early on about five failsafe measures makes perfect sense. I've worked MILSPEC in the past and imbecilic as most things governmental tend to be, the MILSPEC with which I have had direct contact has been quite good. I can barely imagine that systems such as early warning would be designed so haphazardly as to allow for an error such as this to occur by "accident". That this is being so peddled leaves me inclined to side with Jones. The claim reeks of bull$#@!.

I will say one other thing about such systems: I cannot for the life of me imagine that such a message could be sent without alerts popping up in splash screens on every terminal in the facility in question. I further cannot imagine that such messages would not show up at DoD and possibly the White House itself. It's not as if this was a report that Sgt. Bilko has a nosebleed.

This is also why the official story about Behghazi is a lie. When an embassy puts out an SOS, every US embassy on the planet gets a copy. Every top-tier military terminal receives it, as does State, DoD, and so on. That is how these sorts of messages operate. Both civilian and military bodies are alerted, worldwide.

That this went on for 37 minutes reeks either of malicious intent, or bottomless incompetence. I am more inclined at this time toward the former.

It will be very interesting to see how Trump responds to this, materially speaking.
    Last edited by osan; 01-14-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast