Thread: US Government should not be hiring contractors to kill people.

US Government should not be hiring contractors to kill people.

I think a simple policy would have tremendous consequence for the world peace. The US government should not be allowed to hire assassins/mercenaries. If the government feels they need to kill somebody, they should do it themselves instead of hiring contractors. The contractors should not be allowed to use weapons. Also no killings inside USA.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think all assassinations should be done using RQ-170 or any other Lockheed Martin aircraft.

Helps my portfolio
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Isn't this exactly what the Constitution authorizes?

The Congress shall have Power To ...grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal....

ARTICLE I, SECTION 8, CLAUSE 11

Is it okay to hire individuals and call them the armed services? Give them the utmost respect? Make a big deal out of it when they return?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Is it okay to hire individuals and call them the armed services? Give them the utmost respect? Make a big deal out of it when they return?
    Of course.

They're heroes.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Government always hires somebody..

Governments have no fingers.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Isn't this exactly what the Constitution authorizes?
    Nope..
    Not a proper understanding of it..

I was very surprised to hear anyone that had even heard of this old law,, and impressed with Ron Paul when he suggested it.

But it is not what most people think,,and has been poorly described by most.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Government always hires somebody..

Governments have no fingers.
    That's where the declaration of war comes in.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    That's where the declaration of war comes in.
    if and when necessary,, and only as a last resort.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    if and when necessary,, and only as a last resort.
    Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Obviously.
    And in such case ,, it calls up the militia.

Though it has been my observation and personal experience that when there are real threats,,,natural or otherwise..
    The volunteers are already there.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

A difference without a distinction.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

as to the OP
    US Government should not be hiring contractors to kill people.

No,, it should not.. ever.
    Federal government should not.
    State Government should not.
    Local government should not.

but they do.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Soldiers are already mercenaries. Why wouldn't you want someone who is subject to competitive bidding and a partial market test? You can look up the interview Stossel did with Erik Prince of Blackwater fame (who was a Ron Paul contributor). Seems like a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Soldiers are already mercenaries. Why wouldn't you want someone who is subject to competitive bidding and a partial market test? You can look up the interview Stossel did with Erik Prince of Blackwater fame (who was a Ron Paul contributor). Seems like a good idea to me.
    What incentive is there, for someone who gets paid to fight, to win instead of always looking for more dragons to slay?

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Why wouldn't you want someone who is subject to competitive bidding and a partial market test? .
    Why would you want the government to kill people? and forget about the cost efficiency of doing so.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.