Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraud Upon the FISA Court Confirmed

Michael Flynn was under FBI investigation earlier than previously thought, according to a little-noticed section in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report — and the former national security adviser's brother told Fox News exclusively this week that the revelation suggested a long-running, high-level effort to "trip him up" and "trap" him.Buried in the second volume of the Mueller report was a mention of an existing FBI investigation of Flynn "based on his relationship with the Russian government," which predated Flynn's phone calls during the presidential transition in December 2016 with then-Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak that ultimately led to his termination for lying.

It was previously thought that Flynn’s communications with Kislyak — picked up by the U.S. intelligence community — made the FBI suspicious, sparking the Flynn probe.
    According to Mueller's report, "members of the intelligence community were surprised by Russia's decision not to retaliate in response to the sanctions. When analyzing Russia's response, they became aware of Flynn's discussion of sanctions with Kislyak. Previously, the FBI had opened an investigation of Flynn based on his relationship with the Russian government. Flynn's contacts with Kislyak became a key component of that investigation."

After Fox News reported on the development Friday morning, President Trump questioned, in a tweet, why he wasn't briefed on the probe in 2016 "so that I could make a change?"
    That section of the report cites interviews, documented in witness reports known as FBI "302s," with former acting assistant attorney general Mary McCord, who helped steer the Russia probe, and former FBI director James Comey.
    "It was an absolute surprise when the Mueller report came out," Flynn's brother Joe told Fox News.
    He said his brother "went through 19 sessions with the special counsel — approximately 90 hours of torturous interviews — and this never came up the entire time. And you would have thought it would have, and they would have maybe focused on that, but it didn't come up at all."
    The special counsel's disclosure also sheds new light on a cryptic passage in the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence's report on Russian interference released last year. The report said Comey, in closed-door testimony, indicated there was an open case on Flynn — which was about to be closed, until Flynn's calls with the Russian ambassador.
    "Director Comey testified that he authorized the closure of the CI [counter-intelligence] investigation into General Flynn by late December 2016; however, the investigation was kept open due to the public discrepancy surrounding General Flynn's communications with Ambassador Kislyak," the report said. "Deputy Director [Andrew] McCabe stated that, 'We really had not substantiated anything particularly significant against General Flynn,' but did not recall that a closure of the CI investigation was imminent."
    The same Republican report found there was no briefing to warn the Trump campaign that a senior figure like Flynn was under investigation.
    "The Trump campaign was not notified that members of the campaign were potential counterintelligence concerns," even though such a defensive briefing would not have been unusual, the report said.
    "The Trump campaign," the report continued, "did not receive a general counterintelligence briefing until August 2016, and even then, it was never specifically notified about [George] Papadopoulos, [Carter] Page, [Paul] Manafort or General Flynn's Russia ties."
    James Trusty, a 27-year Justice Department veteran who worked in the criminal division and served as chief of the organized crime section, told Fox News the wording in the Mueller report likely indicated the existence of an underreported investigation.
    "It looks pretty clear to me that the use of the word 'previously' is suggesting an independent investigation, but there's always room for a little fog of war," Trusty said. "I think there was probably some other investigation; whether a dormant one, or a big one, a little one, we don't know, but it looks like there was something else out there."
    Flynn's brother said the passage backed up the family's long-held concerns.
    "Because of his vocal criticism of the Obama administration and specifically the intelligence community which he came out of, my suspicion is that they were doing everything they could to trip him up and to trap him," Joe Flynn told Fox News.
    The Obama administration fired Flynn as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) in 2014.
    The Mueller report's statement concerning Flynn's Russian government contacts may have referred to a 2015 dinner in Moscow, in which Flynn sat next to Russian President Vladimir Putin and was paid $45,000 for a speech.
    But Joe Flynn said his brother, who had led military intelligence, had kept colleagues in the loop.
    "He did participate in an event where he made a speech over in Moscow," Flynn said. "But he briefed the DIA prior to that and he briefed the DIA after that. He maintained his top-secret security clearance right up until the point. He resigned from his job as national security adviser. So if there was a big problem with what his actions were, why wouldn't they have revoked his security clearance and told him that there's an issue here?"

More at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Michael Flynn was under FBI investigation earlier than previously thought, according to a little-noticed section in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report — and the former national security adviser's brother told Fox News exclusively this week that the revelation suggested a long-running, high-level effort to "trip him up" and "trap" him.Buried in the second volume of the Mueller report was a mention of an existing FBI investigation of Flynn "based on his relationship with the Russian government," which predated Flynn's phone calls during the presidential transition in December 2016 with then-Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak that ultimately led to his termination for lying.

It was previously thought that Flynn’s communications with Kislyak — picked up by the U.S. intelligence community — made the FBI suspicious, sparking the Flynn probe.
    According to Mueller's report, "members of the intelligence community were surprised by Russia's decision not to retaliate in response to the sanctions. When analyzing Russia's response, they became aware of Flynn's discussion of sanctions with Kislyak. Previously, the FBI had opened an investigation of Flynn based on his relationship with the Russian government. Flynn's contacts with Kislyak became a key component of that investigation."

After Fox News reported on the development Friday morning, President Trump questioned, in a tweet, why he wasn't briefed on the probe in 2016 "so that I could make a change?"
    That section of the report cites interviews, documented in witness reports known as FBI "302s," with former acting assistant attorney general Mary McCord, who helped steer the Russia probe, and former FBI director James Comey.
    "It was an absolute surprise when the Mueller report came out," Flynn's brother Joe told Fox News.
    He said his brother "went through 19 sessions with the special counsel — approximately 90 hours of torturous interviews — and this never came up the entire time. And you would have thought it would have, and they would have maybe focused on that, but it didn't come up at all."
    The special counsel's disclosure also sheds new light on a cryptic passage in the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence's report on Russian interference released last year. The report said Comey, in closed-door testimony, indicated there was an open case on Flynn — which was about to be closed, until Flynn's calls with the Russian ambassador.
    "Director Comey testified that he authorized the closure of the CI [counter-intelligence] investigation into General Flynn by late December 2016; however, the investigation was kept open due to the public discrepancy surrounding General Flynn's communications with Ambassador Kislyak," the report said. "Deputy Director [Andrew] McCabe stated that, 'We really had not substantiated anything particularly significant against General Flynn,' but did not recall that a closure of the CI investigation was imminent."
    The same Republican report found there was no briefing to warn the Trump campaign that a senior figure like Flynn was under investigation.
    "The Trump campaign was not notified that members of the campaign were potential counterintelligence concerns," even though such a defensive briefing would not have been unusual, the report said.
    "The Trump campaign," the report continued, "did not receive a general counterintelligence briefing until August 2016, and even then, it was never specifically notified about [George] Papadopoulos, [Carter] Page, [Paul] Manafort or General Flynn's Russia ties."
    James Trusty, a 27-year Justice Department veteran who worked in the criminal division and served as chief of the organized crime section, told Fox News the wording in the Mueller report likely indicated the existence of an underreported investigation.
    "It looks pretty clear to me that the use of the word 'previously' is suggesting an independent investigation, but there's always room for a little fog of war," Trusty said. "I think there was probably some other investigation; whether a dormant one, or a big one, a little one, we don't know, but it looks like there was something else out there."
    Flynn's brother said the passage backed up the family's long-held concerns.
    "Because of his vocal criticism of the Obama administration and specifically the intelligence community which he came out of, my suspicion is that they were doing everything they could to trip him up and to trap him," Joe Flynn told Fox News.
    The Obama administration fired Flynn as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) in 2014.
    The Mueller report's statement concerning Flynn's Russian government contacts may have referred to a 2015 dinner in Moscow, in which Flynn sat next to Russian President Vladimir Putin and was paid $45,000 for a speech.
    But Joe Flynn said his brother, who had led military intelligence, had kept colleagues in the loop.
    "He did participate in an event where he made a speech over in Moscow," Flynn said. "But he briefed the DIA prior to that and he briefed the DIA after that. He maintained his top-secret security clearance right up until the point. He resigned from his job as national security adviser. So if there was a big problem with what his actions were, why wouldn't they have revoked his security clearance and told him that there's an issue here?"

More at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
    https://twitter.com/almostjingo/stat...30783339753472

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/kbq225/status/1129516394343796736

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/BeThePlan/status...07620480753664

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/sta...89860064768001

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/sta...89860064768001

Amateurs.

Weeks into an investigation of the origins of the FBI’s investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election, Attorney General William Barr said Friday that the probe has provided more questions than answers due to the “inadequate” and in some cases inconsistent answers he’s been given from the officials involved.
    Asked during an interview with Fox News whether he knew exactly when the FBI began its investigation into the Trump campaign, Barr said he had not yet identified a reliable timeline.
    “I’ve been trying to get answers to the questions, and I’ve found that a lot of the answers have been inadequate and some of the explanations I’ve gotten don’t hang together. In a sense I have more questions today than when I first started,” he said during the interview.
    Pressed to explain what he was referring to, Barr would only say, “some of the explanations of what occurred.”

In addressing whether the investigation was properly predicated, Barr suggested that it was “very unusual” for the FBI to rely on the Steele dossier, an unverified piece of opposition research commissioned by the Clinton campaign, to secure a FISA warrant to surveil Carter Page.
    “It’s a very unusual situation to have opposition research like that, especially one that on its face had a number of clear mistakes and a somewhat jejune analysis,” Barr said. “And to use that to conduct counterintelligence against an American political campaign is a strange would be a strange development.”

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/barr-probe-ru...155005072.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jejune analysis. They must be getting close.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status...04812129492993

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Things are going to get interesting in the Michael Flynn sentencing review; not because of the recently release documents [Here – and Here – and Here] but rather because it appears Judge Sullivan suspects what we’ve previously outlined.
    In addition to the documents, Judge Sullivan is asking the DOJ to provide the transcript of the 12/29/16 call between Mike Flynn and Ambassador Kislyak.
    Why is this important? Because it appears Judge Sullivan suspects the transcript of the phone call will match statements from Flynn to the FBI. Ergo Flynn did not lie to the FBI.
    Since reviewing the November 30th, 2017, pleading we’ve been pointing out how the FBI admits to intercepting the Flynn-Kislyak call, but the FBI never put a factual transcript in the court record. Why not?

More at: https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ed-suspicions/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The FISA Court has already found that the illegal spying goes back at least four years before the 2016 elections. From the article : “The problem for Brennan and Clapper and Comey and Baker and all of them now is, is that the FISA court has already communicated with the Justice Department about its findings. And their findings are that for more than four years before the election of Donald Trump, there was an illegal spying operation going on by FBI contractors, four of them, to steal personal information, electronic information about Americans, and to use it against the Republican Party. There are going to be indictments. There’s going to be grand juries. John Brennan isn’t going to need one lawyer. He’s going to need five… The Obama administration, for more than four years before the 2016 election, allowed four contractors working for the FBI to illegally surveil American citizens, illegally. The FISA court has already found that.”

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Just saw this on GLP. Have not read any of it yet but Loretta Lynch is in there so maybe we'll get to hear all about her conversation, in the airport hanger, with Bill Clinton, about the grandchildren she doesn't have - you know, right around the time Hillary Satan Clinton's activities were downgraded to a "matter".

The transcript release includes testimony from:

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe – pdf Link Here
    Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch – pdf Link Here
    James Comey former chief-of-staff James Rybicki – pdf Link Here
    Former FBI lawyer, Office of Legal Counsel, Trisha Beth Anderson – pdf Link Here
    Deputy Asst. Attorney General (DOJ-NSD), George Toscas – pdf Link Here
    FBI Deputy Asst. Director, Jonathan Moffa – pdf Link Here
    Former FBI Executive Assistant Director of the National Security Branch, John Giaclone – pdf Link Here
    FBI Unit Chief, Office of Legal Counsel, Sally Moyer – pdf Link Here
    FBI New York Field Office, Assistant Director in Charge, William F. Sweeney Jr. – pdf Link Here

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...mpression=true

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status...04812129492993

WOW.

The volume of information coming out is staggering

A December 11, 2014, Platte River Networks email between redacted parties says: “Its [sic] all part of the Hillary coverup operation <smile> I’ll have to tell you about it at the party”

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The House Intelligence Committee JUST voted 12 – 7 to release transcripts from Michael Cohen’s testimony, and related exhibits, to the public.
    Read the Feb 2019 testimony here: https://t.co/bmkABLBFx1
    Read the March 2019 testimony here: https://t.co/HDbBKcCKee
    — House Intelligence Committee (@HouseIntel) May 20, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

THE WIDER SCANDAL: The Obama administration used the prospect of the Russian government interfering in the 2016 election as an excuse to interfere in the election itself
    — Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) May 21, 2019
    BREAKING: Mueller uncovered evidence that Kremlin-tied officials tried to develop contacts with BOTH the Trump campaign & the Clinton campaign during the 2016 election, yet Mueller only investigated & doc'd the efforts to reach out to the Trump campaign, not the Clinton campaign
    — Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) May 22, 2019
    BREAKING: Mueller knew early on from Kushner & Hicks emails Trump campaign + transition had no back channel to Kremlin–Kushner couldn't recall Russian ambassador's name and Hicks hung up on Russian Embassy. In fact, Putin's people struggled to get in touch w incoming Trump admin
    EXCLUSIVE: Judicial Watch Monday sued the Justice Department to obtain all of Special Counsel Mueller's contracting records during his 22-month investigation, including any payments to Steele/Orbis, Fusion GPS or its subcontractors. DOJ had refused to provide the data under FOIA

— Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) May 21, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

BREAKING: Mueller excluded important information about Florida county allegedly targeted by Russian interference. He did not report that it was a Republican County (Washington County) and the breach involved merely voter registration files.
    — BNL NEWS (@BreakingNLive) May 22, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

BREAKING: Several witnesses and targets in Mueller investigation complain the federal grand jury which his prosecutors impaneled in the District of Columbia was composed primarily of African-American jurors who appeared "angry" and held an intense anti-Trump bias. #GrandJuryBias?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sshh, hear that? It's the deafening silence of Barack Obama,who's suddenly gone to ground as #SpyGate scandal draws nearer & calls for him to be questioned under oath grow. No US speaking events, appearances.Organizing for Action(OFA) quietly removed from his website.Fewer Tweets
    — Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) May 23, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports/...43497989963776

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast