Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.)

Today is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.)

On January 9th, 2018, partnering organizations in support of law enforcement officers nationwide will promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.). In light of recent negativity directed toward law enforcement nationally, there is a need to show law enforcement officers that our citizens recognize the difficult and sometimes impossible career they have chosen, in public service to us all.

On January 9th of each year we will call our nation’s citizens to action in support of law enforcement. Those citizens who appreciate law enforcement and are discouraged about the negative attention being given to law enforcement are encouraged to take time on January 9, to show their support. Our citizens can show their support in a number of ways:

• Change your profile picture on social media to the .jpg image provided at www.facebook.com/nationalcops.

• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.

• Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.

• Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.

• Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.

• Participate in Project Blue Light - Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.

• Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.

• Advertise your support through local media outlets/billboards.

• Post the public service announcement supplied by C.O.P.S. to your organization’s webpage or social media pages.

Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.

https://www.nationalcops.org/lead.html
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ROTFLMFAO!

I'll be sure to do my part.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I don't know,, but I've been told,

It's hard to run with the weight of gold.

other times I heard it said,

It's just as hard with the weight of LEAD.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Bad idea, some people might decide to celebrate with lead.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No.
    Not even a blue light?
    "The Patriarch"

As in, plata o plomo?

"The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.
    Poetic justice?

Some hapless Mundane, looking to lavish praise on his oppressors, approaches a jittery, trigger happy cop and gets ventilated.

I hope all of our resident statists use protection while appreciating their local law enforcement officers. Remember, just because they're police doesn't mean they can protect you from herpes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    On January 9th, 2018, partnering organizations in support of law enforcement officers nationwide will promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.).
    https://www.nationalcops.org/lead.html
    L.E.A.D.? As in "The officer shot up my golden retriever full of L.E.A.D."?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

There's President Trump striking another massive blow against the deep/police state, I see. MAGA baby!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Poetic justice?

Some hapless Mundane, looking to lavish praise on his oppressors, approaches a jittery, trigger happy cop and gets ventilated.

Like I posted in another thread, if I had the skills I'd create a meme of some poor schmuck getting the $#@! beat out of him by a thug scrum of brave officers while the poor schmuck clings desperately to a sign reading "Thank you police." I think it sums up the copsucker mentaity perfectly.
    Chris

@TheTexan must be out celebrating.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
    Dammit, I wore blue today, might have to go home and change
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Good man. +rep
    Chris

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Naughty naughty.

There is still good in you, I can feel it.

Come back to the light side.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nope

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

LEAD is bad for you!

Have you ever had a bowl of cheerios and thought to yourself I need to sprinkle a little more sugar and LEAD to taste better?

Heres a nice little viral video of a cop doing things we are supposed to support:

Vermilion Parish teacher arrested for asking about raises

6:15 - Teacher asks Question about superintendent taking a huge raise again, teachers get no raise for 10 years in a row.
    7:10 - Teacher Arrested

Full thread on just the teacher here:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...g-About-Raises
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    LEAD is bad for you!

Have you ever had a bowl of cheerios and thought to yourself I need to sprinkle a little more sugar and LEAD to taste better?

Heres a nice little viral video of a cop doing things we are supposed to support:

Vermilion Parish teacher arrested for asking about raises

6:15 - Teacher asks Question about superintendent taking a huge raise again, teachers get no raise for 10 years in a row.
    7:10 - Teacher Arrested

Full thread on just the teacher here:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...g-About-Raises
    Yes of course, L.E.A.D. poisoning.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I will support good cops that do good things and will not support bad cops that do bad things. Had that cop arrested the superintendent for theft, then I would have supported the cop in the video. I also will support cops who refuse to follow unlawful orders. I wont support cops that protect politicians from the people or rich thieves that prey on exploiting the poor.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

I will support good cops that do good things and will not support bad cops that do bad things. Had that cop arrested the superintendent for theft, then I would have supported the cop in the video. I also will support cops who refuse to follow unlawful orders. I wont support cops that protect politicians from the people or rich thieves that prey on exploiting the poor.
    Replace the word "cop" with "person" and I am with you..

A Cop is an authoritarian control Enforcer.

You can be one or the other but not both.

You are either human or inhuman.. but not both.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Replace the word "cop" with "person" and I am with you..

A Cop is an authoritarian control Enforcer.

You can be one or the other but not both.

You are either human or inhuman.. but not both.
    But but but Corporations and chimpanzees and dogs and fish and bacteria and a can of pork and beans are people too!

A human in a job is still a human. I do have respect for Elected positions like Sheriffs, but there are many in Law Enforcement that are not elected and as a result, have zero accountability or even incentive to not conduct wrongdoings on to the people. I understand where you come from, they no longer behave as people once unelected cops begin behaving inhumanely, but would really like it to be different. Maybe its just me having wishful thinking, but really, if these cops wanted to find the real criminals in this country, they need look no further than the people who print money and sign their checks.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I hope so , I made my favorite ( retired ) Law Enforcement Officer buy me some beer today . He is just happy to be off the streets at home where he is safe from me .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe its just me having wishful thinking, .
    I'm sure it is.

I have momentary flights of fantasy in which the world is a better place. Dreams of Eden.
    And I am told of and promised a better afterlife..

I still have no idea what part of Free Society needs Enforcers of Control..

Free people can control themselves.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Ugh. Almost got fired today for showing up 3 hrs late hung over

Once I explained why it was cool though. Still, close call
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I'm sure it is.

I have momentary flights of fantasy in which the world is a better place. Dreams of Eden.
    And I am told of and promised a better afterlife..

I still have no idea what part of Free Society needs Enforcers of Control..

Free people can control themselves.
    I think the problem that many people have, not just us, is that we want to see other people as we see ourselves. Thing is, there are bad people out there who intend on doing bad $#@! to people. Im not sure if that qualifies a need to have Cops, but I can reasonably understand an elected position like a Sheriff. One of our greatest dangers is that when we project on other people, we only notice those who are different once they prove themselves to be different. This applies mostly to the ordinary low ambition sociopaths. Most people miss that those same sociopaths with higher ambitions can get into positions of power in both companies and government, and that is where our problems really start. As long as they can maintain the Illusion of Normalcy, they can typically maintain that power, and manipulate the law from within the system to benefit themselves at our expense. Basically, they can screw us royally and maintain that very needed illusion.

Cops are a different breed of bad. I say it all the time on the needed factors to rule a society with an Iron Fist: Belief, Money, and Violence. Both unelected cops and politicians represent forms of violence in the way they apply their methods of control over a populous. Imprisonment and fines are a form of violence. Even Ghandi acknowledged this by calling poverty the most oppressive form of violence. There is a balance in their system however. For the lawmakers to reign in their control over the police, they control their paychecks. When lawmakers control a law abiding society, they operate on the system of belief by implying that they have authority to control and rule citizens. Their system is designed to maintain itself and always at our expense.

Within their system, they have TWO SETS of rules, one set of rules they apply to us, the written law, and the set of rules that apply to them, the unwritten rules. Cops dare not arrest politicians even if they are known to be high level criminals. The only time they go after certain politicians is if those politician breaks their own unwritten rules. Hittlary is a perfect example. Now, if you take the word "Politician" apart, you find "Polite". Their very job title is a "Polite Form of Violence". Cops conduct Physical Violence. But all methods of control: Belief (or Perception), Money, and Violence balance within themselves to deprive the people of their property until we wake up homeless on the grounds liberated by our fathers.

The Essence of Freedom is the Proper Limitation of Government
    Last edited by DamianTV; 01-10-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    1776 > 1984

I think the problem that many people have, not just us, is that we want to see other people as we see ourselves. Thing is, there are bad people out there who intend on doing bad $#@! to people. Im not sure if that qualifies a need to have Cops, but I can reasonably understand an elected position like a Sheriff. One of our greatest dangers is that when we project on other people, we only notice those who are different once they prove themselves to be different. This applies mostly to the ordinary low ambition sociopaths. Most people miss that those same sociopaths with higher ambitions can get into positions of power in both companies and government, and that is where our problems really start. As long as they can maintain the Illusion of Normalcy, they can typically maintain that power, and manipulate the law from within the system to benefit themselves at our expense. Basically, they can screw us royally and maintain that very needed illusion.

Cops are a different breed of bad. I say it all the time on the needed factors to rule a society with an Iron Fist: Belief, Money, and Violence. Both unelected cops and politicians represent forms of violence in the way they apply their methods of control over a populous. Imprisonment and fines are a form of violence. Even Ghandi acknowledged this by calling poverty the most oppressive form of violence. There is a balance in their system however. For the lawmakers to reign in their control over the police, they control their paychecks. When lawmakers control a law abiding society, they operate on the system of belief by implying that they have authority to control and rule citizens. Their system is designed to maintain itself and always at our expense.

Within their system, they have TWO SETS of rules, one set of rules they apply to us, the written law, and the set of rules that apply to them, the unwritten rules. Cops dare not arrest politicians even if they are known to be high level criminals. The only time they go after certain politicians is if those politician breaks their own unwritten rules. Hittlary is a perfect example. Now, if you take the word "Politician" apart, you find "Polite". Their very job title is a "Polite Form of Violence". Cops conduct Physical Violence. But all methods of control: Belief (or Perception), Money, and Violence balance within themselves to deprive the people of their property until we wake up homeless on the grounds liberated by our fathers.

The Essence of Freedom is the Proper Limitation of Government

i like your signature.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

i like your signature.

This can not be +REPPED enough!

I am out of rep right now, someone care to cover me?
    1776 > 1984

This can not be +REPPED enough!

I am out of rep right now, someone care to cover me?
    For The Dank?

I dunno about that.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast