Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OH - Aggressive wild turkeys attacking mailmen and shutting down deliveries

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^ This broad ain't from these parts, ^^^^^^^
    Sounds like Texan.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been attacked by a rooster at a friends house. Roosters ain't no joke. Rooster would lord it over the whole property. Rode around on the back of my friends horse in the back yard so it could have an eagle eyes view of everything. Turkeys are bigger than roosters.
    They are basically 2.5 foot tall dinosaurs.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I've been attacked by a rooster at a friends house. Roosters ain't no joke. Rooster would lord it over the whole property. Rode around on the back of my friends horse in the back yard so it could have an eagle eyes view of everything. Turkeys are bigger than roosters.
    Roosters spur a human exactly one time.

Wild turkeys around here stay out of range....

Phill is probably more forgiving. Wouldn’t doubt he set up a safe place for rooster
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Phill is probably more forgiving. Wouldn’t doubt he set up a safe place for rooster
    Rooster attacked me while I was moving a mattress and attacked from the opposite side. I just dropped the mattress over on him and left him under it and had a smoke and a beer. When I finally lifted the mattress he took off like a rooster out of hell. Never did anything more than give me the stink eye from there on out.

Rooster attacked me while I was moving a mattress and attacked from the opposite side. I just dropped the mattress over on him and left him under it and had a smoke and a beer. When I finally lifted the mattress he took off like a rooster out of hell. Never did anything more than give me the stink eye from there on out.
    Animal cruelty. Reported.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

See? This is why I respect you. I never thought to report that animal for cruelty. I should have called the police.

I've heard tell of these "smart" chickens but I've never actually seen one first hand....

I've heard tell of these "smart" chickens but I've never actually seen one first hand....
    I don't know about "smart" but he was...different. He'd ride around on that horses back all day long. He's do some pecking here and there but the horse never seemed put out by it. Maybe the rooster was eating ticks or such off it is all I could figure.

Oh Great Sachem Oyarde, white man will pay much wampum to lead away these vile birds.

Before they figure this out:

Australian birds have weaponized fire because what we really need now is something else to make us afraid

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/a...eaponized-fire

Raptors, including the whistling kite, are intentionally spreading grass fires in northern Australia, a research paper argues. The reason: to flush out prey and feast

January 9, 2018
    7:12 PM EST

Dick Eussen thought he had the fire beat. It was stuck on one side of a highway deep in the Australian outback. But it didn’t look set to jump. And then, suddenly, without warning or obvious cause, it did.

Eussen, a veteran firefighter in the Northern Territory, set off after the new flames. He found them, put them out, then looked up into the sky.

What he saw sounds now like something out of a fairy tale or dark myth. A whistling kite, wings spread, held a burning twig in its talons. It flew about 20 metres ahead of Eussen and dropped the ember into the brittle grass.

And the fire kicked off once again.

All told that day, Eussen put out seven new flare-ups, according to a research paper published recently in the Journal of Ethnobiology. All of them, he claims, were caused by the birds and their burning sticks.

What’s more, the paper argues, the birds might well have been doing it on purpose.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-09-2018 at 07:21 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh Great Sachem Oyarde, white man will pay much wampum to lead away these vile birds.

Australian birds have weaponized fire because what we really need now is something else to make us afraid

Raptors, including the whistling kite, are intentionally spreading grass fires in northern Australia, a research paper argues. The reason: to flush out prey and feast

January 9, 2018

Dick Eussen thought he had the fire beat. It was stuck on one side of a highway deep in the Australian outback. But it didn’t look set to jump. And then, suddenly, without warning or obvious cause, it did.

Eussen, a veteran firefighter in the Northern Territory, set off after the new flames. He found them, put them out, then looked up into the sky.

What he saw sounds now like something out of a fairy tale or dark myth. A whistling kite, wings spread, held a burning twig in its talons. It flew about 20 metres ahead of Eussen and dropped the ember into the brittle grass.

All told that day, Eussen put out seven new flare-ups, according to a research paper published recently in the Journal of Ethnobiology. All of them, he claims, were caused by the birds and their burning sticks.

What’s more, the paper argues, the birds might well have been doing it on purpose.
    LOL , Excellent . Firebirds . I would trap them and use them on my enemies .

January 9, 2018

Terrorism, I can see Oyarde associated with that.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Terrorism, I can see Oyarde associated with that.
    The Whistling Kite was known to hover over grass fires waiting for prey , But I was not aware they would fire more areas. I bet the Indians of New Guinea have known this , they have been there maybe 50k years or more . You may need to make a run to New Guinea for me .

Just need a knife and a cooler full of ice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

back on my grandpas farm as a kid, he had a rooster that used to terrorize us. until the day 3 of us boys cornered it in the barn, whipped out our peckers and pissed on it. bastard left us alone after that.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    back on my grandpas farm as a kid, he had a rooster that used to terrorize us. until the day 3 of us boys cornered it in the barn, whipped out our peckers and pissed on it. bastard left us alone after that.

TMI, but not surprised
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

January 9, 2018

They have discovered the power of man's red flower?

Last edited by Swordsmyth; 01-10-2018 at 12:33 AM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12