Thread: Stephen Bannon, under fire after West Wing tell-all, expresses regret over comments attributed

Stephen Bannon, under fire after West Wing tell-all, expresses regret over comments attributed

Stephen Bannon, under fire after West Wing tell-all, expresses regret over comments attributed to him
    By Washington Post Staff January 7 at 12:18 PM
    The former White House chief strategist had not previously remarked on Michael Wolff’s “Fire and Fury,” which prompted questions about President Trump’s mental fitness. Trump said on Twitter today that the “Fake Book” was written by “a totally discredited author.”

Bannon released this statement:

Donald Trump, Jr. is both a patriot and a good man. He has been relentless in his advocacy for his father and the agenda that has helped turn our country around.

My support is also unwavering for the president and his agenda — as I have shown daily in my national radio broadcasts, on the pages of Breitbart News and in speeches and appearances from Tokyo and Hong Kong to Arizona and Alabama. President Trump was the only candidate that could have taken on and defeated the Clinton apparatus. I am the only person to date to conduct a global effort to preach the message of Trump and Trumpism; and remain ready to stand in the breech for this president’s efforts to make America great again.

My comments about the meeting with Russian nationals came from my life experiences as a Naval officer stationed aboard a destroyer whose main mission was to hunt Soviet submarines to my time at the Pentagon during the Reagan years when our focus was the defeat of ‘the evil empire’ and to making films about Reagan’s war against the Soviets and Hillary Clinton’s involvement in selling uranium to them.

My comments were aimed at Paul Manafort, a seasoned campaign professional with experience and knowledge of how the Russians operate. He should have known they are duplicitous, cunning and not our friends. To reiterate, those comments were not aimed at Don Jr.

Everything I have to say about the ridiculous nature of the Russian ‘collusion’ investigation I said on my 60 Minutes interview. There was no collusion and the investigation is a witch hunt.

I regret that my delay in responding to the inaccurate reporting regarding Don Jr has diverted attention from the president’s historical accomplishments in the first year of his presidency.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.04c01c368beb

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sean Spicer noted yesterday that there was no denial from Bannon, regret is not denial.

Question now will be is his 'regret' stronger or weaker than his disdain for 'Javanka'/'the democrats' (as he puts it) hurting "conservative agenda" and will it stop him from spilling any beans about charges like 'money laundering' against Trump family that he had alluded to?

Trump claims ‘Sloppy Steve’ Bannon ‘cried when he got fired’
    January 6, 2018
    “He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!”

People are acting like everything in the book is true. Like any product, let the buyer beware.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

This is all a show. A distraction and a ruse in order to implicate the fake stream media. Trump and Bannon are playing the fake stream media like the little fools they are.

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

https://www.axios.com/scoop-bannon-s...source=sidebar

And now begins the staged detente, and the continued laughter of Trump and Bannon.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Steve Bannon Is Stepping Down From Breitbart

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...down-brietbart
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I regret that my delay in responding to the inaccurate reporting regarding Don Jr
    That's "fake news"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.