Thread: Trump scraps his own voter fraud commission

Trump scraps his own voter fraud commission

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42561699

US President Donald Trump has scrapped the voter fraud commission he set up in May to investigate his own allegations of illegal voting.

A White House statement said many US states had refused to cooperate with the commission.

Mr Trump has said fraud had cost him the popular vote in the 2016 election.

His rival Hillary Clinton won three million more votes overall than Mr Trump in results that were certified by the Federal Election Commission.

In a statement, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Mr Trump had decided to dissolve the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity "rather than engage in endless legal battles at taxpayer expense".
    You know if they found even 1 actual fraud case they'd be showcasing it.

I saw this comment on FB

"What we really need to prevent voter fraud is a national ID card for all legal citizens that can only be obtained through a verification system that is tied to legal birth record with an identity based encryption chip .."

Yikes. That's a tinfoil hat worthy comment and scarily enough I could see people getting behind that. A sneaky way to have REAL ID for everyone
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Voter fraud is rampant, I don't know how to read this but it isn't good.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The Commission hasn't even met since last September. It was all for show.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...n-judge-252132

The commission’s charter calls for meetings “approximately every 30-60 days.” The panel’s last session took place in New Hampshire on Sept. 12.

In a statement, the White House said dissolving the commission would avoid "endless legal battles at taxpayer expense," adding that Trump has asked the Department of Homeland Security to determine future action.

Another White House official familiar with the matter said the commission was unable to operate as structured under the Federal Advisory Committee Act. That law mandates a degree of transparency around commission activities and was the subject of litigation against it.
    Homeland Security would have no jurisdiction over voter fraud.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-04-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I agree.

Is that why confirmed cases are so rare- because it is so "rampant"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Is that why confirmed cases are so rare- because it is so "rampant"?
    I think it would mean it is easy to get by with .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think it would mean it is easy to get by with .
    If it is rampant, they should be easy to find.

Unless you don't look, which nobody does.

Also it is much easier to find cases than to prove them, we see cases of voter fraud without being able to prove them all the time, but we see the effect of voter ID and other anti-fraud measures whenever they are implemented.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you think voter fraud occurred during the 2012 campaign with votes being taken away from Ron Paul. Iowa, Maine, etc. ?

Unless you don't look, which nobody does.

Also it is much easier to find cases than to prove them, we see cases of voter fraud without being able to prove them all the time, but we see the effect of voter ID and other anti-fraud measures whenever they are implemented.
    There are people looking. And not finding anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    Do you think voter fraud occurred during the 2012 campaign with votes being taken away from Ron Paul. Iowa, Maine, etc. ?
    Caucus votes like Iowa are not determined by popular votes. They are about whose arms you can twist. The party sets their own rules for determining who wins.

Ron Paul was awarded 22 of 25 Iowa delegates.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-05-2018 at 01:13 PM.

I never did see the result from detroit's Jill stein recount that had ballot boxes that had drastically fewer ballots than the official count said should be in there. The law in michigan says if the actual ballots in the box is different than the first count, whatever physical ones can't be recounted. Seems like an easy way to ensure no one can recount something.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...tion/95107886/
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Caucus votes like Iowa are not determined by popular votes. They are about whose arms you can twist. The party sets their own rules for determining who wins.

Ron Paul was awarded 22 of 25 Iowa delegates.
    This was not relevant to the question asked. You are correct he won the delegates Iowa, but Maine's delegates were stolen at the RNC convention. Thanks for the reminder that Ron Paul did indeed win Iowa!

The question was: do you think there was voter fraud, where votes may have been stolen from Ron Paul or other candidates in 2012, regardless of them being in a caucus or primary state?