Thread: why call it a money "BOMB"?

why call it a money "BOMB"?

I know that term has been utilized for years here. Some people might see the word bomb and be turned off by it. Is that the best marketing term to maximize capital donations?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gawd, this was argued about incessantly back in 2007.

That and the date of the first one: 5th of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Gawd, this was argued about incessantly back in 2007.

That and the date of the first one: 5th of November.
    Indeed. OP, feel free to go back in time and read the original threads from when the term was spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Indeed. OP, feel free to go back in time and read the original threads from when the term was spawned.
    No I am not that concerned with the nostalgia. I was more wondering how people outside of RPF would perceive it. I did not want to pose the question and derail Glen's thread. Obviously he needs to maximize his contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    No I am not that concerned with the nostalgia. I was more wondering how people outside of RPF would perceive it. I did not want to pose the question and derail Glen's thread. Obviously he needs to maximize his contributions.
    It's not a matter of nostalgia. Those were the same concerns voiced here and debated into minutia when it was spawned. You could read the historical archive and the concerns that were voiced and then compare them to what actually happened. If you did so, you would find that all the concerns were much ado about nothing. And since that time, the term moneybomb has been adopted and used by many other unrelated outlets without any such hand-wringing.

Note: I was concerned and a skeptic of the term when it originated, but it all turned out ok.

As a non-native English speaker, I can say that the word 'moneybomb' to me means exactly what we mean by it here. Although taken literally it may mean something else, this meaning still is close to the way we perceive it. "Let the money fly". I think it's appropriate and I do not agree with changing words for the sake of perception. I know marketing is everything, however, we need to stop changing the world, by changing the meaning of words, this happens too often. A 'moneybomb' is simply a new word that has been generated organically and has a certain meaning, people better get used to it. I personally think the word 'narcissist' refers to people who grow or sell narcissus flowers, but that's just my thoughts on the matter, the word actually means something else, so I will accept this and use it as described in the dictionary.
    "I am a bird"

I think its is more catchy than "Money Laderhosen" or a "Money Faberge Egg"; it just kinda rolls right off the tongue, doesnt it?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

You are Ron Paul's Media!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When I typed in my 20.18 for Glen I put on The Gap Band , You Dropped a Bomb On Me .