Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
Go ahead and teach me what is so wonderful about Canada and the UK, the burden of proof lies with you.
It's not that they're wonderful, just that they're not as tyrannical as the USA, which I hope you'll admit isn't saying much.

So let's start with Canada vs. US. Overall, Canada ranks as the 6th most free country, according to Cato, while the USA ranks 23rd.

You've mentioned freedom of speech a few times already. Well, on that issue, Canada beats the US. Canada's score on the expression and information category is 9.32. The US gets a score of 9.05.

The other factor on the human freedom column (i.e. everything that's not economic freedom) where Canada is noticeably more free than the USA is rule of law, where Canada gets a score of 7.44 and the USA gets 6.73.

For the total on the human freedom column, Canada's score is 9.24, while the USA's is 8.79. This makes the USA the 28th most free country when looking just at Cato's human freedom categories, while Canada is 15th.

Turning to economic freedom, again Canada has more economic freedom than the USA does. Canada's total economic freedom score is 7.98, making it the 5th most economically free country in the world, while the USA's score is 7.75, making it the 16th most economically free.

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...s-update-4.pdf