Thread: Today I filed to run for state representative in the 113th district in Kansas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Today I filed to run for state representative in the 113th district in Kansas

My name is Brett Fairchild. Today I filed to run for state representative. I'll be running in a rural district in Kansas. I'm running on a platform of opposing tax increases, repealing the state sales tax on food groceries, ending civil asset forfeiture and no knock warrants, legalizing industrial hemp and medical marijuana, opposing all restrictions on gun ownership, supporting a free market healthcare system, reforming our state's licensing laws, reducing the size of the state workforce and reducing welfare/entitlement spending.

I'm running in a Republican primary against a Republican I would describe as being a liberal Republican. I've known him my entire life and even consider him to be a friend, but I just have strong disagreements with him politically. He's part of a group of so called "moderate Republicans" in the Kansas house. In reality, they vote with the Democrats about 80-90% of the time. These so called "moderate Republicans" make up about half of the Republicans in the house of representatives. This legislative session they voted for the largest tax increase in state history, voted for massive spending increases, voted to keep Common Core, voted against defunding Planned Parenthood, voted to expand gun free zones, voted to expand Medicaid, voted to restore teacher tenure, etc.

My opponent raised a large amount of money in his last campaign, and he defeated his previous opponent by a large amount. Therefore, I'm going to need to come up with ways to raise money to run a competitive campaign. I'd appreciate any support you guys could give me. Even if you can only afford to donate a small amount, a lot of people donating a small amount of money can go a long way.

I know this isn't the right forum for this, but I'm just posting his here so that more people can see it initially. If the mods could just leave this post in this sub forum for a day or two before moving it, I'd appreciate it.

This is my campaign website for anyone who wants to look at it.

http://www.brettfairchild.com/
    Last edited by Brett85; 01-02-2018 at 06:59 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.