Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51

Thread: Today I filed to run for state representative in the 113th district in Kansas

  1. #1

    Default Today I filed to run for state representative in the 113th district in Kansas

    My name is Brett Fairchild. Today I filed to run for state representative. I'll be running in a rural district in Kansas. I'm running on a platform of opposing tax increases, repealing the state sales tax on food groceries, ending civil asset forfeiture and no knock warrants, legalizing industrial hemp and medical marijuana, opposing all restrictions on gun ownership, supporting a free market healthcare system, reforming our state's licensing laws, reducing the size of the state workforce and reducing welfare/entitlement spending.

    I'm running in a Republican primary against a Republican I would describe as being a liberal Republican. I've known him my entire life and even consider him to be a friend, but I just have strong disagreements with him politically. He's part of a group of so called "moderate Republicans" in the Kansas house. In reality, they vote with the Democrats about 80-90% of the time. These so called "moderate Republicans" make up about half of the Republicans in the house of representatives. This legislative session they voted for the largest tax increase in state history, voted for massive spending increases, voted to keep Common Core, voted against defunding Planned Parenthood, voted to expand gun free zones, voted to expand Medicaid, voted to restore teacher tenure, etc.

    My opponent raised a large amount of money in his last campaign, and he defeated his previous opponent by a large amount. Therefore, I'm going to need to come up with ways to raise money to run a competitive campaign. I'd appreciate any support you guys could give me. Even if you can only afford to donate a small amount, a lot of people donating a small amount of money can go a long way.

    I know this isn't the right forum for this, but I'm just posting his here so that more people can see it initially. If the mods could just leave this post in this sub forum for a day or two before moving it, I'd appreciate it.

    This is my campaign website for anyone who wants to look at it.

    http://www.brettfairchild.com/
    Last edited by Brett85; 01-02-2018 at 06:59 PM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    My name is Brett Fairchild. Today I filed to run for state representative. I'll be running in a rural district in Kansas. I'm running on a platform of opposing tax increases, repealing the state sales tax on food groceries, ending civil asset forfeiture and no knock warrants, legalizing industrial hemp and medical marijuana, opposing all restrictions on gun ownership, supporting a free market healthcare system, reforming our state's licensing laws, reducing the size of the state workforce and reducing welfare/entitlement spending.

    I'm running in a Republican primary against a Republican I would describe as being a liberal Republican. I've known him my entire life and even consider him to be a friend, but I just have strong disagreements with him politically. He's part of a group of so called "moderate Republicans" in the Kansas house. In reality, they vote with the Democrats about 80-90% of the time. These so called "moderate Republicans" make up about half of the Republicans in the house of representatives. This legislative session they voted for the largest tax increase in state history, voted for massive spending increases, voted to keep Common Core, voted against defunding Planned Parenthood, voted to expand gun free zones, voted to expand Medicaid, voted to restore teacher tenure, etc.

    My opponent raised a large amount of money in his last campaign, and he defeated his previous opponent by a large amount. Therefore, I'm going to need to come up with ways to raise money to run a competitive campaign. I'd appreciate any support you guys could give me. Even if you can only afford to donate a small amount, a lot of people donating a small amount of money can go a long way.

    I know this isn't the right forum for this, but I'm just posting his here so that more people can see it initially. If the mods could just leave this post in this sub forum for a day or two before moving it, I'd appreciate it.

    This is my campaign website for anyone who wants to look at it.

    http://www.brettfairchild.com/
    We do not have tax on food here . I also would like to see residential utilities exempted .

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    We do not have tax on food here . I also would like to see residential utilities exempted .
    Yeah, there are 32 states that exempt food groceries from being taxed, and an additional five or six states that have no sales tax at all. Repealing the sales tax on food in Kansas is a very realistic proposal.

  5. #4

    Default

    Best of Luck.

    Local issues, local solutions, local politics.

    Be careful and don't get SWATTED.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  6. #5

    Default

    Good luck.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #6

    Default

    Congrats (I think??). There are few men who can keep their integrity while in office but you of course can use Ron Paul as your mentor. Somehow he did it...

  8. #7

    Default

    Good luck! I will support you.

  9. #8

    Default

    Get some pictures of you shaking hands and kissing babies on the website. Hope to see more farmers run for office.

  10. #9

    Default

    Best of luck to you. Please keep us posted.

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    Get some pictures of you shaking hands and kissing babies on the website. Hope to see more farmers run for office.
    I have a picture with me and two of my young nephews on the palm cards that I'm going to start handing out. So thousands of people will at least see that picture.

  12. #11

    Default

    Do yourself a favor and learn how to win. Most people don't understand how this stuff works, go learn from people who do.


    Start here:

    https://www.leadershipinstitute.org/training/


    Then take one of their classes:

    https://facl-training.org
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  13. #12

    Default

    I know we've had beef in the past but if you're genuine about why you're running then I wish you luck, Brett.

    May I suggest adding something to your issues page about supporting gold and silver as legal tender in your state, similar to Utah's bill several years ago?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC House Boat Rentals

  14. #13

    Default

    You are in my prayers. I hope your constituents see you as the honorable man that you are.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I know we've had beef in the past but if you're genuine about why you're running then I wish you luck, Brett.

    May I suggest adding something to your issues page about supporting gold and silver as legal tender in your state, similar to Utah's bill several years ago?
    Thanks. I'll look into that issue and the Utah bill. But mostly I'm trying to focus on local issues that I believe people in my district care a lot about.

  16. #15

    Default

    Good luck, friend.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  17. #16

    Default

    Good luck!
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Do yourself a favor and learn how to win. Most people don't understand how this stuff works, go learn from people who do.


    Start here:

    https://www.leadershipinstitute.org/training/


    Then take one of their classes:

    https://facl-training.org
    Is there a list of elected officials who took these classes?
    Protest the NSA! Send encrypted e-mails!
    My PGP Key
    PGP Fingerprint: 3A2E 6218 3722 3701 09C9 54CA 9BB3 104C 5049 B6B2

  19. #18

    Default

    Maybe the correct winning strategy is to first identify if more dems or republicans and then run as that party. Then find out everything that the majority of the people want and then scream that from the pulpit every chance you have. Promise them free cars, cell phones, healthcare, food, housing, if they want it then promise you will give it to them.

    The key is getting elected. Once you are in office you never honor your promises anyway so it doesn't matter what you said to get elected.

    Many politicians run on the small government agenda platform and once elected increase the size.

    Catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Promise the honey.

    Need to be well liked personally. Then reengaging on your promises won't matter.

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Is there a list of elected officials who took these classes?
    Yes but it is not public.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yes but it is not public.
    How come? Wouldn't that be great advertising?
    Protest the NSA! Send encrypted e-mails!
    My PGP Key
    PGP Fingerprint: 3A2E 6218 3722 3701 09C9 54CA 9BB3 104C 5049 B6B2

  22. #21

    Default

    I edited the first part of your webpage to read...

    Iím ??? Fairchild, your conservative republican candidate for district 113 in the Kansas House of Representatives.

    Born in Stafford and raised on a farm in St. Johns, I am a National Honor Society graduate of St. Johns High School and hold a degree in Business Administration from Sterling College. I worked at CPI in Great Bend for a couple of years before returning to the family farm, and also have experience as a public school teacher.

    I attend Calvary Baptist Church in Stafford, where Iíve served on the finance committee and with the AWANA program. As a strong, pro-life christian, I pledge to introduce a Life at Conception bill to clarify that unborn children have legal protection under the 14th Amendment, and these children cannot be deprived of Life, Liberty, or Property without Due Process of Law. This will be the first bill that I introduce as a state legislator.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    How come? Wouldn't that be great advertising?
    Things don't work like that.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  24. #23

    Default

    Forget issues, platforms, beliefs, and principles.

    You need a hook that Boobus can sink in dentures into.

    Might I suggest.... MAKGA.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 01-04-2018 at 07:02 PM.
    "Every post is about Hillary and pedophilia. I love them both soooo much!!!!!!!" Zippyjuan

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Forget issues, platforms, beliefs, and principles.

    You need a hook that Boobus can sink in dentures into.

    Might I suggest.... MAKGA.
    Don't forget issues, platforms, beliefs, and principles, they are important.

    However you are correct that slogans and personality are even more important when herding the sheeple, MAKE KANSAS (AND AMERICA) GREAT AGAIN is a good slogan in these times, he should definitely use it before an opponent does unless he comes up with something better.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  26. #25

    Default

    An even better strategy would be to always depict yourself with a Bible in one hand, and the 'murikan phlag in the other and preach killing "our enemies". Really get those redlegged jayhawkers rallied up in a John Brown killing frenzy.

    The promise of a greater vitriolic body count is a proven way to defeat your R opponent in fly-over country.

    Boobus really does respond as the stereotype.

    Don't forget the pandering Juan Deere hat.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 01-04-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    "Every post is about Hillary and pedophilia. I love them both soooo much!!!!!!!" Zippyjuan

  27. #26

    Default

    Best of luck to you!

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    An even better strategy would be to always depict yourself with a Bible in one hand, and the 'murikan phlag in the other and preach killing "our enemies". Really get those redlegged jayhawkers rallied up in a John Brown killing frenzy.

    The promise of a greater vitriolic body count is a proven way to defeat your R opponent in fly-over country.

    Boobus really does respond as the stereotype.

    Don't forget the pandering Juan Deere hat.
    I cried eagles.
    In sorrow, we must go, but not in despair. Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory. Farewell!

  29. #28

    Default

    Best of luck!

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    stuff
    Let's not forget that it I easy for any opponents to search for his name and find this thread and use comments by others here to smear him.

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Let's not forget that it I easy for any opponents to search for his name and find this thread and use comments by others here to smear him.
    Sorry, I don't self censor.

    If Brett thinks that he will be smeared by association with RPF, he will slink away like any other wannabe politician.

    Or, he might refute my brilliant, albeit sarcastic, truths about the Kansas variety of boobus.

    Or, perhaps he embraces free discussion and politely avoids contentious topics on internet forums.

    Kansas, by the way, has produced perhaps the most virulent strain of murderous ideologues and neocons and gun-grabbers from John Brown to Bob Dole, Sam Brownstain, and Nancy Kassebaum.
    "Every post is about Hillary and pedophilia. I love them both soooo much!!!!!!!" Zippyjuan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 07:43 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 02:14 PM
  3. Read King for State Representative District 64
    By archer1600 in forum Texas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 10:52 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 09:20 PM
  5. [TEXAS] I want to primary my district's State Representative.
    By RileyE104 in forum Liberty Campaigns
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •