Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Three Reasons to join the Eastern Orthodox Church

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    LOL The good thing about Sola is not his honesty, sincerity, or intellectual powers-for these he lacks-but he does challenge me to prove what I know and sharpen my skills by virtue of his antagonism and amazing ignorance. God bless him.
    True. He has prompted me to pray more in the last few days for both wisdom and patience. God does have a reason for all his creation no matter how mysterious it appears to us.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Part IV
    Well, glad we could put this controversy to bed. y/w, everyone!
    Whoa whoa whoa. Your copy paste did not prove your assertion, that the Jews of Jesus time accepted the duetero books as canonical. There was not one Jew on that list. You can't prove that because it is not able to be proven. The Jews did not accept those books as canonical.

As for your list, there were churchmen who quoted from those books, but many of them that did were completely unaware that the Jews did not regard those books as canonical. They didn't read or write Hebrew and they simply quoted from the books because they were included in compilations in a codex.

Thirdly, your copy paste list is full of inconsistency, because although you quote where a churchman used a quote from a duetero book, you didn't also mention where that churchman didn't accept the canonicity of the book. There are several on that list like that.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 01-17-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    The Jews did not accept those books as canonical.
    Correction. SOME Jews did not accept them..

There were dozens if not hundreds of sects.

They were accepted by the early church and by men that had walked with Christ..

There were some in the banning books days,, that wanted to ban more..

But I am convinced that errors had already begun before there were conventions..
    I believe it even likely that a good many Christians were killed by the heretics who were called christians.
    And the reformation gets even more bloody confused.

but,, that will all come out later
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

But in the meantime we are losing the friendliness and intimacy of our discussion because we waste time and energy addressing interruptions.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    But in the meantime we are losing the friendliness and intimacy of our discussion because we waste time and energy addressing interruptions.
    As happens,, but hb did post an epic amount of history,, and that was cool.

and his point had been clearly made half way through the first level.

Educational history is always better when it's entertaining.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Correction. SOME Jews did not accept them..

There were dozens if not hundreds of sects.

They were accepted by the early church and by men that had walked with Christ..

There were some in the banning books days,, that wanted to ban more..

But I am convinced that errors had already begun before there were conventions..
    I believe it even likely that a good many Christians were killed by the heretics who were called christians.
    And the reformation gets even more bloody confused.

but,, that will all come out later
    Indeed, brother. Heretics and schismatics have tried to infiltrate the Church and divide Her from early on. (Marcionists, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    As happens,, but hb did post an epic amount of history,, and that was cool.

and his point had been clearly made half way through the first level.

Educational history is always better when it's entertaining.
    Thanks. I like to share and chat about this stuff because it's one of my great interests.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Indeed. Thanks, btw, for being one of the civil ones around here in both general contribution and debate. ~hugs~

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345