Thread: NBC Bans Workplace Hugging and Sharing Cab Rides to Curb Sexual Harassment

NBC Bans Workplace Hugging and Sharing Cab Rides to Curb Sexual Harassment

https://www.dangerous.com/39621/nbc-...al-harassment/

December 27, 2017

NBC has taken the odd step of cracking down on hugging and imploring its employees to tattle on each other on punishment of termination—two drastic measures done in the wake of the Matt Lauer sexual harassment scandal.

Since Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein was accused of sexual harassment by a host of female models, journalists, and actresses both present and former, hundreds of women and even a few men have come forward with their own stories of workplace harassment, sexual assault, and even rape by powerful men in the media, catalyzing in the nationwide #MeToo movement.

NBC has also been accused of helping to cover up the Weinstein scandal by suppressing a report by Ronan Farrow on the disgraced movie producer.

In November, Matt Lauer was accused of sexual abuse by a former NBC intern. The network found his actions to be “a clear violation” of its workplace policies following an investigation.

According to insiders, Lauer’s office—like many other executives at 30 Rockefeller Center, were designed with buttons that allowed them to lock their doors from their desks. Two women who spoke to Variety told the publication that the trap allowed Lauer to “welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him.”

Page Six reported this week that “NBC employees have been ordered to report any inappropriate relationships in the workplace—and if they fail to do so, they could be fired for covering up for colleagues.”

Additionally, the company’s newly implemented draconian anti-harassment policies stipulate that employees who wish to hug each other will “have to do a quick hug, then an immediate release, and step away to avoid body contact,” according to a source.

Employees are also banned from sharing cabs, or even “taking vegans to steakhouses.” It is unclear what specific incident may have brought about the latter rule.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

or even “taking vegans to steakhouses.” It is unclear what specific incident may have brought about the latter rule.
    LOL. That's not sexual harassment, but it's some epic trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

So taking a vegan to a steakhouse is on the same level as sexual assault.

Got it
    No - No - No - No

Dress codes should be initiated. Perfumes should be regulated. Cleavage and legs should be covered and never exposed. Smiles and gestures must be regulated also. Limits on how one can look at another should be imposed. We need government approved attire.
    Last edited by Schifference; 12-31-2017 at 08:13 AM.

And how about no more "news" shows with two males sitting on a sofa with mini-dress clad female sandwiched between them in virtual up-skirt positioned frame? ...Or is that asking for too much?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Well , I could not work there . No shared cab rides ? no steak houses ? That Lauer perv ruined it for everybody .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Germany is separating woman from men at New Year's events. This is probably the best route. The left is always talking about how we need to emulate Europe, who is now emulating the Middle East. We should probably cut out the middle man and look to Saudi Arabia and Iran for solutions to the horrible #MeToo problem. Perhaps we could hire some ISIS or Taliban consultants and import a whole lot of them to enforce rules to provide the safety that is so desperately needed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Germany is separating woman from men at New Year's events. This is probably the best route. The left is always talking about how we need to emulate Europe, who is now emulating the Middle East. We should probably cut out the middle man and look to Saudi Arabia and Iran for solutions to the horrible #MeToo problem. Perhaps we could hire some ISIS or Taliban consultants and import a whole lot of them to enforce rules to provide the safety that is so desperately needed.
    Sharing bathrooms is still OK.

There was a time when mature, well adjusted adults would resent the hell out of being treated as if they were children like this and refuse to tolerate it. Apparently no more.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    There was a time when mature, well adjusted adults would resent the hell out of being treated as if they were children like this and refuse to tolerate it. Apparently no more.
    a nation of spoiled children?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    a nation of spoiled children?

Indeed. Sometimes it seems as if the whole nation has been pussified and infantilized.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 12-31-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

And that's really the truth. The solution is to investigate complaints when they are first filed, and to remind employers they work for the company and not the other way around. Lauer's behavior was just horrible to coworkers. NBC would have done well to do something at the outset.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

That's precisely why I said "good".

I am on a personal quest to catalog exactly how much bull$#@! Amerikunts will tolerate.

Looks like it will be an expansive catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Dress codes should be initiated. Perfumes should be regulated. Cleavage and legs should be covered and never exposed. Smiles and gestures must be regulated also. Limits on how one can look at another should be imposed. We need government approved attire.
    Insert image of a Burka here.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    And how about no more "news" shows with two males sitting on a sofa with mini-dress clad female sandwiched between them in virtual up-skirt positioned frame? ...Or is that asking for too much?
    Ratings.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I am on a personal quest to catalog exactly how much bull$#@! Amerikunts will tolerate.

For a decently sized segment of society, I'd wager that there is literally no limit to the bull$#@! they'll tolerate in their endless quest to divest themselves of any personal responsibility for their own lives and outcomes. Sad but true.
    Chris

+ rep

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

We tend to focus on politics but the biggest source of this bullcrap is your HR department, just like in OP. The typical evasive strategy to deal with this is saying "it is just a job" while happily engaging in backstabbing at work.

These are new regulations, please note, and that Lauer violated clear NBC policy as well as federal law, and he knew it.

This is what happens when horrible people are favored. More rules for the rest of us and the favored keep right on doing wrong.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    These are new regulations, please note, and that Lauer violated clear NBC policy as well as federal law, and he knew it.

This is what happens when horrible people are favored. More rules for the rest of us and the favored keep right on doing wrong.

Right, I'm sick of living in a system that disperses collective punishment for the bad that a few do.

For a decently sized segment of society, I'd wager that there is literally no limit to the bull$#@! they'll tolerate in their endless quest to divest themselves of any personal responsibility for their own lives and outcomes. Sad but true.
    I wouldn't take that bet even if you gave me ten to one odds.