Thread: Pregnenolone, "The Red Pill"

pcgame

Pregnenolone, "The Red Pill"

Infowars is selling a product called "the red pill" and it has Pregnenolone in it. I think it is either some type of steroid or steroid precursor, I am not sure. Anyway, Is this actually safe for someone in there 20s or 30s to take? Will it reduce natural hormone production once you get off it?

here is a link
    https://www.infowarsstore.com/the-real-red-pill.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    Infowars is selling a product called "the red pill" and it has Pregnenolone in it. I think it is either some type of steroid or steroid precursor, I am not sure. Anyway, Is this actually safe for someone in there 20s or 30s to take? Will it reduce natural hormone production once you get off it?

here is a link
    https://www.infowarsstore.com/the-real-red-pill.html
    Pregnenolone—The Basics
    Pregnenolone, like DHEA, is a steroidal hormone manufactured in the body. Pregnenolone is a precursor hormone synthesized from cholesterol, principally in the adrenal glands, but also in the liver, skin, brain, testicles, ovaries, and retina of the eyes.

Steroids are a large family of structurally similar biochemicals that have sex-determining, anti-inflammatory, and growth-regulatory roles. Indeed, pregnenolone is the grand precursor from which almost all of the other steroid hormones are made; including DHEA, progesterone, testosterone, the estrogens, and cortisol. Despite its powerful metabolites, pregnenolone is acknowledged to be without significant side effects, with minimal or no anabolic, estrogenic, or androgenic activity.

Pregnenolone has been found to be 100 times more effective for memory enhancement than other steroids or steroid-precursors in laboratory mice. Pregnenolone appears to be the most potent memory enhancer yet reported in animals. Pregnenolone has been reported to not only make people smarter but happier and enhance one's ability to perform on the job while heightening feelings of well-being. Pregnenolone has also been reported to reduce high stress induced fatigue.

As is the case with the steroid-hormone precursor DHEA, pregnenolone levels decline with age. Many physicians and scientists believe that restoration of pregnenolone to youthful levels is an important step in the treatment of aging and symptoms of aging. Pregnenolone may be one of the most important hormones because it seems to have a balancing effect. It is a precursor to many other hormones and may be able to bring the levels of other hormones up or down as needed.

Other benefits of pregnenolone may include stress reduction and increased resistance to effects of stress, improvement of mood and energy, reduced symptoms of PMS and menopause, improved immunity, and repair of myelin sheaths.

Pregnenolone also operates as a powerful neurosteroid in the brain, modulating the transmission of messages from neuron to neuron and strongly influencing learning and memory processes. As with DHEA, pregnenolone levels naturally peak during youth and begin a long, slow decline with age.

By the age of 75 our bodies produce 60% less pregnenolone than the levels produced in our mid-thirties. For this reason pregnenolone is one of the biomarkers of aging. Like counting the rings of a tree, by measuring the level of pregnenolone at any given point of a person's life, it is often possible to make an educated guess as to his or her age.

Some other hormones that decline with age are DHEA, the estrogens, testosterone, progesterone, and growth hormone. These are considered biomarkers of aging as well. Since pregnenolone provides the initial raw material from which all the other steroid hormones are made, some of our other hormones will decline in a parallel fashion.

While our youth-giving hormones are diminishing, loss of quality of life progressively settles in. We slowly begin to experience physical and mental decline – loss of energy, memory loss, visual and hearing impairment, arthritis, cardiovascular disease, and sexual decline, just to name a few. Supplementing small amounts of these neuro-hormones may slow these age-related processes, improving one's quality of life by rejuvenating the body to more youthful functioning.

Pregnenolone—A Little History
    Research on pregnenolone, as well as usage of pregnenolone, dates back as far as the 1930s. Human studies were conducted in the 1940s on factory workers to test the effect of pregnenolone on anti-fatigability and autoimmune disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis. The results were successful and improvements were noted. Even though pregnenolone was proving to be not only effective, but safe as well, it was discarded when Merck's newly introduced pharmaceutical agent, cortisone, was announced to be a cure-all for rheumatoid arthritis in 1949.

Soon after cortisone and cortisol came into use, the synthetic steroid hormones dexamethasone, and later prednisone, were introduced. Remember that these steroids are hundreds of times more powerful than pregnenolone (or DHEA for that matter). Because they could be patented, it was more politically and economically advantageous for pharmaceutical companies to promote these drugs rather than pregnenolone. Additionally, these steroids were very fast acting compared to pregnenolone. Users and doctors preferred the quick fix. However, these steroidal compounds proved to have serious downsides, including compromising the immune system and inducing osteoporosis, among other serious complications.

Even though cortisone and cortisol are stress hormones that are natural to the body, they have historically been and continue to be administered in pharmacological doses rather than at physiological amounts natural to the body. The pharmacological levels at which cortisone and cortisol are generally administered give them a risk profile not unlike that of the synthetic hormones.

Scientists have been studying the impact of hormones on learning and memory for many years. Various studies have found that pregnenolone enhances motivation, the ability to acquire knowledge, and long-term memory. A research group of industrial psychologists conducted studies in the 1940s to test pregnenolone on students and workers for the ability to enhance job performance. They found that the students/workers had a markedly improved ability to learn and remember difficult tasks.

It is also amazing that pregnenolone not only enhanced job performance of the students/workers, but they additionally experienced heightened feelings of well-being. The same research group performed a study on factory workers to see if pregnenolone could improve their work productivity. Productivity increased most notably in the workers whose situations were considered the most stressful – for example, the workers who got paid per piece and whose living depended on their productivity. Improvement was noted, but less so, in workers who got paid a fixed wage regardless of their productivity levels. Not only did pregnenolone improve productivity for both groups, but the workers also reported enhanced mood.

As previously mentioned, despite successful results, research on pregnenolone halted in the 1950s when cortisone became available as an immediate cure-all. Because pregnenolone, unlike cortisone, couldn't be patented, pharmaceutical companies had no financial incentive to pursue the research. It is unfortunate that pharmaceutical companies are governed by a financial system and healthcare system that imposes the requirement that for a molecule to be profitable it must be patentable. If there were half as many studies done on pregnenolone as the patented drugs, pregnenolone's therapeutic potential would be expected to be far reaching.
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a.../adrenals.aspx
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Hormones and hormone precursers can contribute to tumor growth. https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...pplement-safe/

Cancer Cell Stimulation
    Cancer cells divide abnormally and have the capacity to invade other cells and tissues. Cancer cells are able to proliferate because they have the ability to avoid apoptosis -- programmed cell death, which is a normal cellular process. You should not take pregnenolone supplements if you have a history of or are at risk for cancer. Pregnenolone supplements have the capacity to stimulate hormone-responsive cancers. It is clinically shown to stimulate prostate cancer cell growth, according to a study published in the December 2000 issue of "The Journal of Steroid and Biochemical Molecular Biology."
    Side Effects
    All supplements have the capacity to cause side effects. Because your body uses pregnenolone to make steroid hormones, side effects include female facial hair growth, over-stimulation, irritability, aggression and insomnia. If these side effects become bothersome, you may need to decrease your dosage for them to resolve. Consult your doctor if you experience bothersome side effects while supplementing pregnenolone.

I assume this stuff is being marketed to older folks. Probably younger folks need to exercise caution when using it. Younger folks probably need to allow the body to produce it's own hormones. Of course this is just my opinion. I don't know if the body will stop making this precursor or not. I would rather see the body supported to be able to make it's own hormones rather than just given supplements.

I can tell that I am making less hormones but I still want to try an support my body to make as much as it can because I know that they will be my very own DNA of hormone not some GMO thing out on the market. I like being me so much that I want to help myself to the cellular level be who I am.

I am known to be a picky eater by all my friends and family. I don't like eating sugar, pork ,beef, and, grains because I know they make me feel bad. My favorite is nuts and berries. I like leaf vegetables, legumes, and root vegetables. I do like plain whole milk yogurt. I make a lot of smoothies and eat spirilina and blue green algae. I will also occasionally eat chocolate ice cream. I feel that eating this way helps all my bodily functions. I don't feel everybody should eat this way and I never try to convert someone to my way of eating.

I think I will try to make sure that I am eating right for my androgen hormone production. I started taking vitamin d3 not long ago but did not like how it made me feel. I am outside a lot so it is possible that my V-D levels are not too bad. But I again I would rather my body make it's own vitamin d. I actually have not focused very much on my hormones but I can tell I am low in certain ones and probably need to see if I can amp them up. The endocrine system is very complex and probably most people have some sort of imbalance to the endocrine system. Diabetes seems to be one of the more prominent endocrine imbalances. I have focused more on the digestive hormonal functions and have worked to keep it in balance which is ever a challenge for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I assume this stuff is being marketed to older folks. Probably younger folks need to exercise caution when using it. Younger folks probably need to allow the body to produce it's own hormones. Of course this is just my opinion. I don't know if the body will stop making this precursor or not. I would rather see the body supported to be able to make it's own hormones rather than just given supplements.

I can tell that I am making less hormones but I still want to try an support my body to make as much as it can because I know that they will be my very own DNA of hormone not some GMO thing out on the market. I like being me so much that I want to help myself to the cellular level be who I am.

I am known to be a picky eater by all my friends and family. I don't like eating sugar, pork ,beef, and, grains because I know they make me feel bad. My favorite is nuts and berries. I like leaf vegetables, legumes, and root vegetables. I do like plain whole milk yogurt. I make a lot of smoothies and eat spirilina and blue green algae. I will also occasionally eat chocolate ice cream. I feel that eating this way helps all my bodily functions. I don't feel everybody should eat this way and I never try to convert someone to my way of eating.

I think I will try to make sure that I am eating right for my androgen hormone production. I started taking vitamin d3 not long ago but did not like how it made me feel. I am outside a lot so it is possible that my V-D levels are not too bad. But I again I would rather my body make it's own vitamin d. I actually have not focused very much on my hormones but I can tell I am low in certain ones and probably need to see if I can amp them up. The endocrine system is very complex and probably most people have some sort of imbalance to the endocrine system. Diabetes seems to be one of the more prominent endocrine imbalances. I have focused more on the digestive hormonal functions and have worked to keep it in balance which is ever a challenge for me.
    Just eat a varied diet and you will be fine. Another risk from taking any sort of hormone is that your body works hard to maintain the levels of those hormones to where it thinks they should be. If you increase levels via supplementation, your body cuts down on its own production. A lot of hormones are used for reproduction or body growth and after a certain age the body simply doesn't need as much of them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Just eat a varied diet and you will be fine. Another risk from taking any sort of hormone is that your body works hard to maintain the levels of those hormones to where it thinks they should be. If you increase levels via supplementation, your body cuts down on its own production. A lot of hormones are used for reproduction or body growth and after a certain age the body simply doesn't need as much of them anymore.
    I know this. But, sometimes I do think it would be nice to have more energy. I feel like I am getting weaker which is something I don't like when I am doing gymnastics with my grand children.

I know this. But, sometimes I do think it would be nice to have more energy. I feel like I am getting weaker which is something I don't like when I am doing gymnastics with my grand children.
    Maybe something can help then. One thing to try is perhaps a low dose of something like DHEA and cycle it- take it for a couple of weeks or so on and a couple off.

Maybe something can help then. One thing to try is perhaps a low dose of something like DHEA and cycle it- take it for a couple of weeks or so on and a couple off.
    I tried it before it did not seem to do anything. The only supplements I take is Co Q 10 and resveratrol but, I don't take them everyday. If I fell really weak or low on energy I take it. I take both when I know I am going to spend time with my grand children.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I tried it before it did not seem to do anything. The only supplements I take is Co Q 10 and resveratrol but, I don't take them everyday. If I fell really weak or low on energy I take it. I take both when I know I am going to spend time with my grand children.
    I have this perhaps odd theory on the "family of energy". A family is allotted a certain amount of energy. In a normal state, all members of the family unit should have the same amount of energy. But kids are like "energy magnets" or "vacuums". They suck up energy from everybody around them which sends them into flurries of activity. It is only when they are at rest that you get some of it back. But they can be so delightful that they also give off energy as well. Enjoy every minute with them!

Hormones and hormone precursers can contribute to tumor growth. https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...pplement-safe/
    Supplementation with DHEA and/or Pregnenolone—The Scientific Truth
    Cancer Risk

Erroneous Regulation of DHEA and Pregnenolone
    Both pregnenolone and DHEA are “parent” hormones of the sex hormones estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. Taking pregnenolone or DHEA supplements, therefore, may indeed raise levels of those sex hormones; in fact, that is considered one of the desired effects. Mainstream physicians, however, continue to express concern about boosting sex hormone levels late in life, citing the theoretical risk of hormone-dependent malignancies such as breast and prostate cancers.

The truth, as always, is more nuanced. Important work by Harvard urologist Abraham Morgentaler and others has revealed that low testosterone levels increase prostate cancer risk.2,3 Morgentaler himself has become a strong proponent of supplementation with testosterone in older men.3 He was also the lead researcher on a study demonstrating that DHEA supplementation in rats enhanced total testosterone levels without producing any deleterious changes in prostate tissue.4

Similar theoretical risks apply for breast cancer. But no increased risk of breast cancer has been demonstrated in large studies of combinations of natural estradiol and progesterone (the natural products of DHEA and/or pregnenolone).5 Furthermore, natural progesterone alone may reduce cancer risk, again suggesting that boosting sex hormone levels with precursors such as DHEA and pregnenolone is safe.6 One recent animal study demonstrates a direct anti-cancer effect of DHEA in obese rats.7

To date, no study has convincingly shown an increase in human hormone-dependent cancer risk as a result of DHEA or pregnenolone supplementation.8 Naturally, any individual who is known to have cancer of any kind should consult with his/her physician when using any new supplement or medication.
    http://www.lifeextension.com/magazin...nolone/Page-01
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Sometimes it takes up to three months before you see any improvement. You should also check to see how you B12 is. B12 helps people with low energy and weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    http://www.lifeextension.com/magazin...nolone/Page-01

To date, no study has convincingly shown an increase in human hormone-dependent cancer risk as a result of DHEA or pregnenolone supplementation.
    Nope, no studies showing any links. Except for the ones which do. (noting that your link is a company trying to sell the supplements- not a scientific source)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11179903
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-01-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Nope, no studies showing any links. Except for the ones which do. (noting that your link is a company trying to sell the supplements- not a scientific source)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11179903
    You need to look at the dates.

Not to mention this little tidbit of info:
    Bisphenol A inhibits production of a wide range of steroid hormones.
    Abstract Title:
    Bisphenol A impairs follicle growth, inhibits steroidogenesis, and downregulates rate-limiting enzymes in the estradiol biosynthesis pathway.

Abstract Source:
    Toxicol Sci. 2010 Oct 18. Epub 2010 Oct 18. PMID: 20956811

Abstract Author(s):
    Jackye Peretz, Rupesh K Gupta, Jeffrey Singh, Isabel Hernández-Ochoa, Jodi A Flaws

Article Affiliation:
    Jackye Peretz: University of Illinois, Urbana IL, 61802; peretz@illinois.edu.

Abstract:
    Bisphenol A (BPA) is used as the backbone for plastics and epoxy resins, including various food and beverage containers. BPA has also been detected in 95% of random urine samples and ovarian follicular fluid of adult women. Few studies have investigated the effects of BPA on antral follicles, the main producers of sex steroid hormones and the only follicles capable of ovulation. Thus, this study tested the hypothesis that postnatal BPA exposure inhibits antral follicle growth and steroidogenesis. To test this hypothesis, antral follicles isolated from 32-day-old FVB mice were cultured with vehicle control (dimethylsulfoxide; DMSO), BPA (4.4-440μM), pregnenolone (10μg/mL), pregnenolone + BPA 44μM, and pregnenolone + BPA 440μM. During the culture, follicles were measured for growth daily. After the culture, media was subjected to enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for hormones in the estradiol biosynthesis pathway, and follicles were processed for quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction of steroidogenic enzymes. The results indicate that BPA (440μM) inhibits follicle growth and that pregnenolone co-treatment was unable to restore/maintain growth. Further, BPA 44μM and 440μM inhibit progesterone, dehydroepiandrosterone,androstenedione, estrone, testosterone, and estradiol production. Pregnenolone co-treatment was able to increase production of pregnenolone, progesterone, and dehydroepiandrosterone and maintain androstenedione and estrone levels in BPA treated follicles compared to DMSO controls, but was unable toprotect testosterone or estradiol levels. Further, pregnenolone was unable to protect follicles from BPA (44- 440μm) induced inhibition of steroidogenic enzymes compared to the DMSO control. Collectively, these data show that BPA targets the estradiol biosynthesis pathway in the ovary.

Article Published Date : Oct 18, 2010
    Study Type : In Vitro Study
    Additional Links
    Diseases : Androgen Deficiency : CK(42) : AC(14), Estrogen Deficiency : CK(57) : AC(19), Hormone Insufficency : CK(30) : AC(8), Low DHEA : CK(28) : AC(7), Progesterone: Low : CK(32) : AC(14), Testosterone: Too Low : CK(435) : AC(79)
    Problem Substances : Bisphenol A : CK(685) : AC(178)
    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/...eroid-hormones

You need to look at the dates.

Not to mention this little tidbit of info:

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article/...eroid-hormones
    That is completely unrelated to the topic.

That is completely unrelated to the topic.
    No it is not since we are inundated by BPA.

Sometimes it takes up to three months before you see any improvement. You should also check to see how you B12 is. B12 helps people with low energy and weakness.
    I absolutely can't take B vitamins of any kind. It is one of the reasons I don't take a multivitamin because almost all of them have B vitamins. They make my digestive track hurt and sometimes they make me dizzy as hell no way would I or could I go thru that for 3 months or more to get a result. I just have to eat right. I have a very high metabolism I would never spend money on something that takes up to 3 months to see a result. If something makes me feel sick I won't take it. I do not understand why people will take medicine with devastating side effects hoping it will make them well.

People take medicine for nail fungus that may not work at all but they say it could take up to a year to get results when colloidal silver will knock it out in under a month sometimes even a week. I figure if I take a medicine or a supplement and see no good results in the time it takes to complete a whole bottle then I don't need it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I absolutely can't take B vitamins of any kind. It is one of the reasons I don't take a multivitamin because almost all of them have B vitamins. They make my digestive track hurt and sometimes they make me dizzy as hell no way would I or could I go thru that for 3 months or more to get a result. I just have to eat right. I have a very high metabolism I would never spend money on something that takes up to 3 months to see a result. If something makes me feel sick I won't take it. I do not understand why people will take medicine with devastating side effects hoping it will make them well.

People take medicine for nail fungus that may not work at all but they say it could take up to a year to get results when colloidal silver will knock it out in under a month sometimes even a week. I figure if I take a medicine or a supplement and see no good results in the time it takes to complete a whole bottle then I don't need it.
    I understand what you are saying. My point in bringing up that it might take up to three months to see any results is because people have different reactions when they are deficient. If you are severely deficient it will work right away. The other thing about B12 the best to take is in liquid form which has Methylcobalamin not cyanocobalamin.

Here are symptoms of B12 deficiency:

Signs of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
    One-quarter of U.S. adults suffer from low vitamin B12 levels. One of the hallmarks of low B12 is fatigue, which may mean you don't have enough blood oxygen to supply energy. Health Eternally notes:

"Technically speaking though, vitamin B12 does not contain any 'real' energy all on its own. However, if you have megaloblastic anemia, which is famous for making you feel tired and weak, then a sudden increase in B12 can certainly make it seem like you have all the energy in the world!

That's because vitamin B12 is critical in the production of red blood cells, which transport oxygen all throughout your body. Without oxygen, you die! So it's not hard to see how oxygenated blood can make you feel very energetic and alive." 8

Anxiousness and depression may occur because a B12 shortage also depresses the brain chemical serotonin, a neurotransmitter linked to your brain's pleasure centers, and dopamine, the mood regulator registering memory and mood.

Unless there's an intervention, low B12 levels may even lead to paranoia, delusions and hallucinations. Other signs include:

A numb, tingly, "pins and needles" sensation in your hands, legs or feet, which may indicate possible nerve damage.
    Yellow skin, an indication that your red blood cells are degrading, which releases a yellow pigment in the process.
    A swollen, "smooth" tongue with fewer papillae "bumps" containing taste buds.

One patient recovered completely after receiving B12 treatment.9
    Unstable, wobbly and dizzy feelings, which are signs there may not be enough oxygen in your blood, related to low B12.
    Blurry or double vision, or shadows in your field of vision, caused by optic nerve damage from a B12 deficiency.
    Memory loss, which may be a red flag when it has no other potential cause.
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...eficiency.aspx

You can try to get it through food, but if you are severely deficient it will take a ton of food to help.

Beef liver: 1 ounce: 20 micrograms (over 300 percent DV)
    Sardines: 3 ounces: 6.6 micrograms (over 100 percent DV)
    Atlantic mackerel: 3 ounces: 7.4 micrograms (over 100 percent DV)
    Lamb: 3 ounces: 2.7 micrograms (45 percent DV)
    Wild-caught salmon: 3 ounces: 2.6 micrograms (42 percent DV)
    Nutritional yeast: 1 tablespoon: 2.4 micrograms (40 percent DV)
    Feta cheese: 0.5 cup: 1.25 micrograms (21 percent DV)
    Grass-fed beef: 3 ounces: 1.2 micrograms (20 percent DV)
    Cottage Cheese: 1 cup: 0.97 micrograms (16 percent DV)
    Eggs: 1 large: 0.6 micrograms (11 percent DV)
    https://draxe.com/top-10-vitamin-b12-foods/