Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: President Donald – Campaign promises

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I'm no expert on the political points of Rand or Ron Paul; and I can't even call myself a supporter of father and son Paul.

I hope that a forum member, that I can take more seriously than even Dannno, can correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression is that Rand Paul isn't pro-Trump.
    I can still remember that the forum had a custom-designed banner "Who do we support? Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump - None of the above".
    Why wouldn't you support people who are promoting liberty like Ron and Rand Paul if you favor liberty? That doesn't make any sense. That's like if you had a broken leg and you shot the medic who was coming to help you, or at minimum didn't help direct them toward where you were in the woods if they are looking for you. It should make people question your motivations for being here if you can't support people who are trying to help you get more liberty.

It sounds like you're not even paying attention to what is going on and all you do is watch Trevor Noah and John Oliver or some bull$#@!.

You don't realize you are being lied to by the media about Trump constantly.

It is true that Trump is not the perfect liberty candidate and he could be doing a lot better on foreign policy - but what he is, is he is better on liberty on the whole than the establishment and the establishment is attacking him for it and trying to take him out.

Ya, Rand's policies would be a lot better than Trump, although there is a pretty decent amount of overlap, and I can understand why the forum had the 'Neither Hillary nor Trump' logo, in fact I sported it because I didn't vote for Trump. All I did was discuss how the mainstream media was lying about him constantly. But I didn't know for certain what his motivations were, if he intended to win, if he was a spoiler or what.. When he won, and the media gnarled their teeth and became even more vicious, that was a pretty good signal that we were going to see some positive changes. Because the media is the enemy, if you don't know that, you're either dumb or you are purposefully obfuscating the reality of our existence.

[Trump] is different than any other politician. And now we have all these wise acres out there wanting to criticize and be presumptuous about trying to judge someone’s intelligence. I can tell you he has the wherewithall to do things no other politician has, and in a good way.
    -Rand Paul

Rand Paul has praised Trump numerous times for moving things in a positive direction.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why wouldn't you support people who are promoting liberty like Ron and Rand Paul if you favor liberty?
    I don't know enough about Rand and Ron Paul to know whether they support "liberty".
    While I've seen some videos where Ron Paul says some good things, this doesn't prove to me that he supports "liberty". This only proves that he's a good talker, but I think that talk is cheap...

The single 3 lines that you've quoted by Rand Paul, doesn't prove to me that he's positive about Trump in general.
    I do know that both Trump and father and son Paul have been backed by Bilderberg member Peter Thiel; who should be infamous for supporting "medical vampirism".

Because the media is the enemy, if you don't know that, you're either dumb or you are purposefully obfuscating the reality of our existence.
    You - Dannno - seem to do nothing else but spread propaganda.
    You're lying even more than the media, this makes you an "enemy"...

Trump is just as much THE enemy, as Obama or Clinton (actually more akin to faithfull servants for the elite).

As far as I can tell, the Bush crime family is different, as this is high in the world hierarchy itself.

If I understand Zionism, NWO correctly - Rothschild is THE enemy.
    Donald Trump is a Zionist puppet for the Rothschild crime syndicate that's been partners in crime with the British and Dutch Royal families for more than a century: http://www.conspiracyschool.com/blog...-and-oligarchs
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter
    7. Trump has failed to balance the Federal Budget.
    In 2016, Donald Trump promised that he could rid the US national debt of $19 trillion debt in 2 terms as president "over a period of eight years".
    Trump warned that the US is "sitting on a bubble right now that's going to explode": https://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/02/p...ebt/index.html

The new budget plan looks more like a ballooning deficit, that will likely swell debts and deficits.
    According to Goldman Sachs, the budget bill will increase the US deficit by $1.1 trillion next year.
    At more than $20 trillion, greater than the annual GDP, the United States' debt is already at its highest level since World War II.

Because of the December tax cuts, of which the wealthy profit most, the federal revenues are cut by $1.5 trillion over 10 years.

There is a $1.5 trillion plan to upgrade the nation’s infrastructure.

The budget deal calls for an additional $300 billion in defence spending over 2 years.
    Trump said in an Oval Office appearance on Monday:
    We're going to have the strongest military we've ever had, by far.
    In this budget we took care of the military like it's never been taken care of before.
    After the peak in the deficit in the wake of the 2008-2010 recession, President Barack Obama’s administration reduced the deficit from 9.8% of GDP in 2009 to 2.4% by 2015.
    After it reached $666 billion in the 2017 fiscal year, the deficit will likely hit $1 trillion in 2019.
    In fiscal year 2018, borrowing by the US Treasury will climb to $1.4 trillion from $550 billion in 2017: https://www.yahoo.com/news/stimulus-...193132670.html

Last edited by Firestarter; 02-13-2018 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Added graph
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

If you buy $20,000 with loaned money, you could claim that your “personal GDP” is soaring, but in reality you would put your family in a precarious financial position.
    The following 8 examples show that the current financial condition of the US is a “horror show”…

#1 US consumer credit hit another all-time record high. In the second quarter of 2008, total consumer credit reached a total of $2.63 trillion and in 2018 that has soared to $3.87 trillion (a 48% increase in 10 years).
    #2 Student loan debts have hit another all-time record high at more than $1.5 trillion dollars (an increase of almost 80% in 8 years).
    #6 According to one recent study, the “rate of people 65 and older filing for bankruptcy is three times what it was in 1991”.

#5 Real wage growth in the US has recently declined by the most in 6 years.
    #7 In 2018, already 57 major retailers have announced store closings.

#8 The size of the official US budget deficit is up 21% under President Trump.
    #9 It is estimated that interest on the national debt will surpass half a trillion dollars for the first time in 2018.
    #10 Goldman Sachs has estimated that the yearly US budget deficit will surpass $2 trillion dollars by 2028: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...on-horror-show

According to The Washington Post, since Trump took office in January 2017, he’s told 6,420 lies in 649 days. During the first 9 months of his presidency, Trump made (only) an average of 5 inaccurate statements per day, but in the past 7 weeks, in the lead up to the US midterm elections, Trump has increased that to about 30 lies a day.

Journalist David Dale described “serial liar” Trump’s recent false statements as “whoppers” that are “complete fabrications”:
    What is different about this period, these last couple months, is that he has changed it up and he has introduced a number of whoppers.
    Complete fabrications that he had not been uttering before. These are not simply the usual exaggerations with crowd sizes and so on. He is making stuff up in the last couple weeks in a way that I don’t think we’ve seen — even from a serial liar like the president before.

I think in any other context than our roles as objective journalists, we would tell each that that was a lie. So I think if we want to regain the trust that has been lost in media we have to level with readers. We have to be seen to be straight shooters. I think in those cases the word is lie.
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-telli...lleges-1200769

I hope that the media start telling the truth for a change, instead of the one-side propaganda that we’re spoon-fed with. I really wouldn’t want “objective journalists” to lose credibility.
    See the panel discussion with David Dale.

Here’s another lie...
    President Donald was criticised for not visiting the American troops that are fighting to make the oil corporation even richer...

When he finally visited the soldiers in Iraq, First Lady Melania for some reason got a loader cheer than Donald.

Donald finally got a huge response by telling them that he had personally given them a 10% raise.
    You just got one of the biggest pay raises you've ever received. You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years — more than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one.

They said: 'You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.' I said: 'No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent. Because it's been a long time. It's been more than 10 years. That's a long time. And, you know, you really put yourselves out there, and you put your lives out there. So congratulations.

No force in history has done more for the cause of justice and peace. We are always going to protect you. And you just saw that because you just got one of the biggest pay raises you've ever received.
    In reality, American troops have received a pay hike every year for decades.
    The troops get only a 2.6% raise in 2019 and got 2.4% extra in 2018. That’s not 10%.

Basic pay for active duty soldiers ranges from $19,659 for a new private to $38,059 for a staff sergeant with 6 years experience: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-raise-n952336

At about 19:00 Donald Trump starts boasting about the 10% raise.

In reality, American troops have received a pay hike every year for decades.
    Child, please. If you're ever going to make it as a big time infotainer, you need to go BIG. Decades are chicken feed. That might make a 13 yo ooh and ahh. A century, now that's impressive.

.U.S. Military Pay Raise History, 1794 to Present Day

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

President Donald yelled to a roaring crowd of Trump-retards:
    With all that being said though, we have $450 billion, $110 billion of which is a military order, but this is equipment and various things ordered from Saudi Arabia, $450 billion.
    I think it's over a million jobs. That's not helpful for us to cancel an order like that. That hurts us far more than it hurts them.
    https://youtu.be/48Nb8FxZxGA

Some party poopers rated this a “Pants on Fire” lie....

The Saudis haven´t bought anywhere near $110 billion in arms.
    Nor has Saudi Arabia ordered anywhere near $450 billion worth of goods.

Total exports to Saudi Arabia in 2017 were $25.4 billion. “Only” $14.5 billion in arms sales has been agreed upon (not $450 billion or $110 billion). There is no reason at all to think that all of these will be bought though.

The over one million jobs becomes quite ridiculous if you compare it to the offered exports to the Saudis.
    In 2015, the US Commerce Department said exports supported “165,000 jobs" for a export total of $29.7 billion (that´s higher than in 2017). This means that the United States gets .0000056 per job on average.
    If we take the $110 billion in arms sales as a “fact” (which it isn´t) they could generate more than 600,000 jobs. If we take the agreed upon $14.5 billion, this would support “only” 81,200 jobs.

The arms experts have said that arm sales typically take 3 or more years to complete. When you take this into account the $14.5 billion won´t be bought in 2019 alone and the amount of generated jobs would be even much lower: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...llion-saudi-o/

Why wouldn't you support people who are promoting liberty like Ron and Rand Paul if you favor liberty? That doesn't make any sense. That's like if you had a broken leg and you shot the medic who was coming to help you, or at minimum didn't help direct them toward where you were in the woods if they are looking for you. It should make people question your motivations for being here if you can't support people who are trying to help you get more liberty.

It sounds like you're not even paying attention to what is going on and all you do is watch Trevor Noah and John Oliver or some bull$#@!.

You don't realize you are being lied to by the media about Trump constantly.

It is true that Trump is not the perfect liberty candidate and he could be doing a lot better on foreign policy - but what he is, is he is better on liberty on the whole than the establishment and the establishment is attacking him for it and trying to take him out.

Ya, Rand's policies would be a lot better than Trump, although there is a pretty decent amount of overlap, and I can understand why the forum had the 'Neither Hillary nor Trump' logo, in fact I sported it because I didn't vote for Trump. All I did was discuss how the mainstream media was lying about him constantly. But I didn't know for certain what his motivations were, if he intended to win, if he was a spoiler or what.. When he won, and the media gnarled their teeth and became even more vicious, that was a pretty good signal that we were going to see some positive changes. Because the media is the enemy, if you don't know that, you're either dumb or you are purposefully obfuscating the reality of our existence.

-Rand Paul

Rand Paul has praised Trump numerous times for moving things in a positive direction.
    What is the most important criticism you can give about Trump, there are some great accomplishments
    to be sure, but what are the obvious 'Elephants in the room' regarding Trump's actions and pronouncements?

Maybe it isn’t a total lie, because Trump did keep his promise to lower taxes for the big corporations and the filthy rich.
    But is a little misleading...

Working families complain that the US Trump “tax reduction” takes more from them, while they expected the (promised) tax reduction.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 05-04-2019 at 10:03 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In 2016, Donald Trump promised that he could rid the US national debt of $19 trillion debt in 2 terms as president "over a period of eight years".
    This is a great example of the kind of absolutely nonsensical fairy tale level of unkeepable promises Trump is famous for.

Nobody in their right minds could possibly have ever taken this seriously. He's the nuclear powered version of Joe Isuzu.

But that's the thing about his supporters. They choose to let themselves depart from their right minds while they listen to him. They let him take them away to a fairy tale land that if they stopped to think critically, they would know doesn't really exist. But they refuse to think critically and deflate that euphoric fantasy they have of him. It would be like expecting some scientifically accurate explanation for how the Avengers' superpowers work rather than just suspending disbelief and enjoying the movie. People like you are just fuddy duddies spoiling their good time.

Yes, it's true, that at the end of those 8 years, we'll actually have a much much larger debt, along with a bigger and more expensive government and less freedom. But we don't have to worry about any of that when we can just look in the mirror and hold a straight face while we ask ourselves, "Who's going to pay for it?" and then shout back to ourselves in reply, "Mexico!"

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    But that's the thing about his supporters. They choose to let themselves depart from their right minds while they listen to him. They let him take them away to a fairy tale land that if they stopped to think critically, they would know doesn't really exist. But they refuse to think critically and deflate that euphoric fantasy they have of him. It would be like expecting some scientifically accurate explanation for how the Avengers' superpowers work rather than just suspending disbelief and enjoying the movie. People like you are just fuddy duddies spoiling their good time.
    It looks to me like the Trump lies are even more blatant than those of Obama, Bush and Clinton. But I question whether it matters if they lie "only" part of the time or what looks like almost all the time (like in the Trump case).
    My main reason for not voting is that politicians don't keep promises so I don't know what I'm voting for.

Yes, it's true, that at the end of those 8 years, we'll actually have a much much larger debt, along with a bigger and more expensive government and less freedom. But we don't have to worry about any of that when we can just look in the mirror and hold a straight face while we ask ourselves, "Who's going to pay for it?" and then shout back to ourselves in reply, "Mexico!"
    Arguably it's the petrol dollar that makes it possible for the US army to keep on waging wars (and other types of interference in sovereign nations), while because of this they have the most powerful army, that nobody is able to stand up to...

If Hillary would have been president, the wars would have continued and the debt would have also increased.
    It looks like every US president bombs more countries than the last!

It looks to me like the Trump lies are even more blatant than those of Obama, Bush and Clinton.
    They are. By far. And this is part of why his supporters don't even see them as lies at all, hence my allusion to Joe Isuzu.

If Hillary would have been president, the wars would have continued and the debt would have also increased.
    There's no doubt about that. But she wasn't brazen enough to promise that she would erase the entire national debt in 8 years either.

Trump warned that the US is "sitting on a bubble right now that's going to explode": https://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/02/p...ebt/index.html

The new budget plan looks more like a ballooning deficit, that will likely swell debts and deficits.
    According to Goldman Sachs, the budget bill will increase the US deficit by $1.1 trillion next year.
    At more than $20 trillion, greater than the annual GDP, the United States' debt is already at its highest level since World War II.
    During Trump’s first 2 years in office, US federal government deficits have already driven the national debt up by $3 trillion – from $19.5 trillion to $22.5 trillion. That´s even faster than his predecessors, George Bush and Barack Obama.
    The 2018 Trump tax cuts have reduced US government revenues by about $500 billion in 2018;add another $.5 trillion per year in the continuing of the Bush-Obama era tax cuts; another $.4 trillion in Trump war and other spending hikes during his first two years; and more than $.6 trillion in interest payments on the debt — and you reach the $3 trillion added to the national debt in 2017 and 2018.

When George Bush Jr. took office in 2001 the national debt was $5.6 trillion; it almost doubled in 8 years to approximately $10 trillion. When Obama left office in 2016 it had almost doubled again to $19.6 trillion.
    Under President George Bush Jr. there were more than $4 trillion in tax cuts. The US army got several trillions additionally.
    Obama cut another $300 billion in taxes in 2009 and then extended the Bush tax cuts, scheduled to expire in 2010, for two more years to 2012 (costing another $900 billion). Then came another $806 billion in tax cuts for business. In January 2013, Obama extend Bush’s tax cuts for another decade —costing a further $5 trillion until 2023.
    Both Bush and Obama cut taxes by approximately $4 trillion each. And defense-war spending long term costs rose by $6 trillion in total. Roughly a $14 trillion increase to the $5.6 trillion debt of 2000.

To this Trump has since added another $3 trillion during, which adds up to the “current” $22.5 trillion.
    The Treasury Advisory Committee recently warned the US Treasury that it will have to sell $12 trillion more US Treasury bonds, bills and notes, over the next decade, 2018-2028. That’s $12 trillion on top of $22.5 trillion national debt or a $34 trillion national debt by 2028!

Working families complain that the US Trump “tax reduction” takes more from them, while they expected the (promised) tax reduction.
    In January 2018 the Trump tax cut provided $4.5 trillion tax reduction from 2018 to 2028, for businesses, multinational corporations, wealthy households, and investors. US multinationals alone get nearly half of that $4.5 trillion.
    But starting this year, 2019, the middle class will begin paying for those tax reductions for corporate America, investors and the wealthy 1%. Already tax refunds for the average household are down 17%. The tax hike starts in earnest by 2022; middle class will pay $1.5 trillion in higher taxes by 2028.

Today’s $22.5 trillion, rising to $34 trillion, is just the US national government debt. Total US debt includes state and local government debt, household debt, corporate bond and business commercial & industrial loan debt, central bank balance sheet debt, and government agencies (GSEs) debt. Add these other forms of debt to the national debt makes the total debt in the US rises some $53 trillion. This lead to an estimated grand total US debt of more than $70 trillion by 2028 (the $900 billion a year in interest charges for the banksters is probably too low an estimate): https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/03...and-debt-bomb/
    (archived here: http://archive.is/hzpeF)

Brother Nathanael exposes Donald Trump as “The great pretender”.
    EDIT - for some reason video was deleted by Youtube: https://youtu.be/6GfLA8eLQF0
    Last edited by Firestarter; 08-02-2019 at 10:38 AM.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

One of the “important” campaign promises that Donald Trump actually kept is that he didn´t keep any of his presidential salary, but instead donated it to selected “charities”. Some Trump retards have used this for an argument to call the Trump administration “givers” and Obama cronies as “takers”.
    Many previous US presidents have also donated (part of their) salary to “charities”. President Obama donated part of his salary and also the complete amount he got from his Nobel Prize for “peace”: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...ary-donations/

President Trump is also NOT the first president to profit from the presidency for (much) more than his presidential salary.
    For example Bush Jr. and Cheney profitted by giving Halliburton all kinds of contracts to “rebuild” Iraq after the NATO invasion.

According to Forbes' Dan Alexander and Matt Drange, Trump takes at least $175 million from commercial tenants, including the state-owned Industrial & Commercial Bank of China.
    Forbes noted that at least three dozen Trump tenants have "meaningful relationships with the federal government, from contractors to lobbying firms to regulatory targets".
    We don’t know all of the companies because according to federal disclosure laws Trump isn’t required to tell where his businesses get their money.

Foreign governments have been trying to get on president Donald's good side, they've "donated public land, approved permits and eased environmental regulations for Trump-branded developments, creating a slew of potential conflicts as foreign leaders make investments that can be seen as gifts or attempts to gain access to the American president through his sprawling business empire".
    The Chinese government has granted Trump at least 39 trademarks since he took office on top of the at least 7 for Donald´s daughter Ivanka Kushner.

Another way to “lobby” president Trump is to buy real estate from the Trump Organization. In 2017, Trump's companies sold more than $35 million in real estate.
    In the year after he got the GOP presidential nomination in 2016, "70% of buyers of Trump properties were limited liability companies – corporate entities that allow people to purchase property without revealing all of the owners' names. That compares with about 4% of buyers in the two years before".
    Some argue that this is suspicious because limited liability companies are especially founded to obscure buyers' identities.

Donald Trump spent one third of his first year in office visiting his own properties (all expenses paid of course). On top of that more than 100 executive branch officials and members of Congress visited Trump properties in 2017 alone.
    At least 40 special interest groups held events at Trump properties and 11 foreign government's paid Trump businesses. The Kuwaiti Embassy, for example, held a National Day celebration at Trump's Washington hotel in 2017 and 2018.
    Shortly after Trump was elected in 2016, an Asian diplomat explained:
    Why wouldn't I stay at his hotel blocks from the White House, so I can tell the new president, 'I love your new hotel!' Isn't it rude to come to his city and say, 'I am staying at your competitor?'
    https://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...count-the-ways
    (archived here: http://web.archive.org/web/20190420231028/https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2018-03-05/how-is-donald-trump-profiting-from-the-presidency-let-us-count-the-ways)

Another interesting “gift” came from Putin crony Aras Agalarov, who on 17 June 2016 gave Donald Trump an expensive painting.
    This was in the same month as the infamous meeting between Russians and Trump’s campaign team, which was about getting dirt on Hillary Clinton and/or adopting Russian children (maybe some pretty Russian girls?).

In the same period, several multimillion-dollar transactions transfers were done through Agalarov’s accounts.
    On 3 June 2016, for example, Aras Agalarov transferred $3.3 million to the United States, facilitated by Agalarov’s representative Irakly Kaveladze, who also used his own accounts. $725,000 of it was reportedly used to pay the balance on Agalarov’s American Express credit card.

Russian-American oil executive Simon Kukes donated $280,000 to Trump’s joint fundraising committee and inaugural fund.
    Kukes bragged to Vyacheslav Pavlovsky, who works at the Kremlin, that he was “actively involved” in the Trump campaign. Kukes attended Trump’s fundraisers and dined with Mike Pence and Rudy Giuliani. He also had “a very warm conversation” with the Soviet born Brit-American Len Blavatnik, who has generously donated to American political candidates and was a partner with Skull & Bones man Steven Mnuchin in Ratpac-dune: https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...ing-the-money/
    (archived here: http://web.archive.org/web/20190108205557/https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/democracy/reports/2018/12/17/464235/following-the-money/)

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President Donald yelled to a roaring crowd of Trump-retards: https://youtu.be/48Nb8FxZxGA
    With all that being said though, we have $450 billion, $110 billion of which is a military order, but this is equipment and various things ordered from Saudi Arabia, $450 billion.
    I think it's over a million jobs. That's not helpful for us to cancel an order like that. That hurts us far more than it hurts them.
    It looks like President Donald has been working hard to get more jobs producing arms in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia...

In a May 24 letter, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo notified congressional leaders of the national emergency declaration, waiving congressional review for 22 separate arms sales to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates totaling $8.1 billion.
    The arms package, previously blocked by Congress, includes 120,000 precision-guided bombs from Raytheon to the coalition. These will add to the tens of thousands of bombs that the Saudis and UAE have already stockpiled, so they could continue fighting in Yemen practically indefinitely. It also includes support for Saudi F-15 warplanes, mortars, anti-tank missiles and .50-caliber rifles.

The emergency declaration also allows Raytheon Company to build high-tech bomb parts in Saudi Arabia. This information was first reported last Monday.
    The bomb parts to be jointly build by Raytheon and the Saudis include the control systems, guidance electronics and circuit cards for the Paveway “smart” bombs. According to Representative Ted Lieu, it seemed “to serve no purpose other than to forfeit our technology and prevent future congressional oversight”.
    Possibly the Saudis will copy the technology and use it to produce their own weapons, which they could use for example in Yemen or sell to other countries (without US Congress having a say).

Raytheon executives have made their way into high-ranking positions.
    In 2017, Raytheon’s former vice president for government relations, Mark T. Esper, became Army secretary.

According to the Times, Saudi Arabia has "ordered more than 27,000 missiles worth at least $1.8 billion from Raytheon alone" of which "about $650 million of those Raytheon orders came after the Saudi war in Yemen began".
    In May 2017, Raytheon signed a deal to work closely with the Saudi Arabian Military Industries Company. It is unclear whether the new production deal is part of that plan.

On Wednesday, several Members of US Congress - , including Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham and Robert Menendez - announced that they would introduce “measures” against the arms deals. The “coalition” must just as terrified of the terrorist-supporting UN as the toothless Congress by now...
    Rand Paul commented:
    Few nations should be trusted less than Saudi Arabia. In recent years, they have fomented human atrocities, repeatedly lied to the United States and have proved to be a reckless regional pariah. It is concerning and irresponsible for the United States to continue providing them arms.
    Is Saudi Arabia really worse than the US, UK, Israel or the Netherlands?!?

Malinowski, a top human rights official under President Obama, said the bombs will be used in Yemen, not for defending Saudi Arabia or UAE from Iran, as Trump administration officials have claimed: http://archive.is/8uqQe
    (original here: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/07/u...-raytheon.html)

According to @devil21, Donald Trump on campaign trail promised to not hire lobbyists...

President Donald Trump made his hires sign an ethics pledge agreeing not to lobby the agencies where they work until 5 years after they leave.
    Because Trump made a loophole that allows former officials to lobby on agency rule-making, this "pledge" is worthless as Trump officials can still sell their influence to corporate interests wanting to rig the rules against us (the slaves).

By May 2018, at least least 8 former Trump officials have become lobbyists.
    At least 184 people, who have left the Trump administration have seemingly violated this pledge. Of those, at least six former officials are now registered lobbyists and several others work in roles that resemble lobbying (but with another name): https://www.motherjones.com/politics...at-turned-out/

At least 230 corporate lobbyists have joined the Trump administration.
    Trump has also opened a luxury hotel 4 blocks from the White House, so lobbyists wanting to get favours can pay the Trump Organization the overpriced rates.

In June, at a rally launching his reelection campaign, President Donald once again promised to "drain the swamp", assuring the crowd of Trump retards "that's exactly what we're doing right now".
    Trump continued with this beauty: "We stared down the unholy alliance of lobbyists and donors and special interests"...
    Are we really so gullible that we can’t even see that Trump has filled his administration with “the swamp”?!?

We should be so happy that President Donald has the solution to homelessness in the US.
    Donald has already ended homelessness in Washington, D.C.; as he explained:
    I had a situation when I first became president. We had certain areas of Washington, D.C, where (homelessness) was starting to happen. I ended it very quickly. I said, 'You can't do that.'
    As Trump explained to the Fox interviewer:
    When you have leaders of the world coming to see the president ... they can't be looking at that.
    You never guessed it, President Donald will simply outlaw homeless people (more slaves for prison!) so businesspeople and shoppers don't have to walk past the homeless: https://www.creators.com/read/jim-hi...s-of-trump-inc

Just a reminder on what man has been made US president...
    Ivanka Trump said in an interview:
    I remember once my father and I were walking down Fifth Avenue and there was a homeless person sitting right outside of Trump Tower and I remember my father pointing to him and saying, ‘You know, that guy has $8 billion more than me,’ because he was in such extreme debt at that point, you know?
    (at 4:17 mark)
    Last edited by Firestarter; 07-21-2019 at 09:47 AM.

According to @devil21, Donald Trump on campaign trail promised to not hire lobbyists...

President Donald Trump made his hires sign an ethics pledge agreeing not to lobby the agencies where they work until 5 years after they leave.
    Because Trump made a loophole that allows former officials to lobby on agency rule-making, this "pledge" is worthless as Trump officials can still sell their influence to corporate interests wanting to rig the rules against us (the slaves).

By May 2018, at least least 8 former Trump officials have become lobbyists.
    At least 184 people, who have left the Trump administration have seemingly violated this pledge. Of those, at least six former officials are now registered lobbyists and several others work in roles that resemble lobbying (but with another name): https://www.motherjones.com/politics...at-turned-out/

At least 230 corporate lobbyists have joined the Trump administration.
    Trump has also opened a luxury hotel 4 blocks from the White House, so lobbyists wanting to get favours can pay the Trump Organization the overpriced rates.

In June, at a rally launching his reelection campaign, President Donald once again promised to "drain the swamp", assuring the crowd of Trump retards "that's exactly what we're doing right now".
    Trump continued with this beauty: "We stared down the unholy alliance of lobbyists and donors and special interests"...
    Are we really so gullible that we can’t even see that Trump has filled his administration with “the swamp”?!?

We should be so happy that President Donald has the solution to homelessness in the US.
    Donald has already ended homelessness in Washington, D.C.

The not popular solution is to recognize the very cause of this once declining problem. Sacrificing Liberty for Security is the consensus as of late, restricting the right to travel freely, promoting government eminent domain, eliminating private contract rights, while funding more lobbyists and global contractors to build a wall at tax payer expense.

Calling for an End to Welfare earns titles such as Leftist, anarchist, et al. I believe in striking at the root, stop the flow of money that funds the MIC who creates these very problems for profit.

Applying bandaid on top of bandaid such as walls and restricting freedom only lines the pockets of the MIC contractors who create the problem in the first place. It is a viscous cycle that “nationalists” (as opposed to individualist) do not want people to know about. There is a lot of vested interest in social-fascism.

That tax payer wall while taking rightful private property, more concentration camps giving aid and comfort, sacrificing Liberty for Security, I don’t buy that “solution” for a second when the only true solution is ending Welfare, corporatist and private.

Ron Paul is having an upcoming conference to address this very problem.
    Last edited by PAF; 07-21-2019 at 10:18 AM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Because of the December tax cuts, of which the wealthy profit most, the federal revenues are cut by $1.5 trillion over 10 years.

There is a $1.5 trillion plan to upgrade the nation’s infrastructure.

The budget deal calls for an additional $300 billion in defence spending over 2 years.

EM.

Granted big gummit spending and record deficit/debt spending has been out of control during MAGA's 1st term, there are rumors that during second term MAGa will reverse course and become a small gummit Prez.

Another $25 B spending saving has already taken place during 1st term for which MAGA is not being given credit in falenews media:

Trump has not built a single mile of new border fence after 30 months in office

Media can't have it both ways, first called MAGA's promised Wall too expensive but later did not give him credit for cutting that expense.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Trump has not built a single mile of new border fence after 30 months in office

Media can't have it both ways, first called MAGA's promised Wall too expensive but later did not give him credit for cutting that expense.
    But on the other hand, Trump fans can't have it both ways either, often calling the Trump moves that contradict his campaign pledges - 3D-chess...

I have been accused of being a little too harsh on poor Donald a couple of times so far...
    This includes accusations that I was just too fast, as Trump still has years (until the end of his second term) to set the record straight. As far as I can tell, Trump hasn't made good on any promises since I started this thread though.

And I think I can have it "both ways", as this thread was meant to be about Trump's broken campaign promises (I'm afraid that not all of it is on-topic).

From my point of view:
    1) Trump has broken his promise to build the wall.
    2) Trump won't fix the US debt like he promised, but will keep building up the debt (as he has been granted an unlimited credit by becoming president).
    Last edited by Firestarter; 07-22-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Donald Trump - Make America Broke Again

During Trump’s first 2 years in office, US federal government deficits have already driven the national debt up by $3 trillion – from $19.5 trillion to $22.5 trillion. That´s even faster than his predecessors, George Bush and Barack Obama.
    While President Donald promised to solve the debt, his reckless fiscal policies are piling on debt in spades. Donald still promises to make everything “great” in his second term as president...

On the eve of the Great Recession in 2008 the public and private debt burdens were far lower than they are in 2019.
    In Q4 2007, public debt was $9.2 trillion versus $22 trillion in 2019, while total public and private debt has ballooned from $52.6 trillion in 2007 to $72.1 trillion today.
    US Debt has reached $22 trillion nominally, but is actually going to $42 trillion in the next decade.

The low 2.0% seasonally adjusted annualised growth rate for Q2, is boosted by the 0.85% contribution to GDP growth from the government sector (that is paid for by more debt).
    This compares to a 0.24% average contribution from the government sector during Donald’s first 9 quarters in office. If you only correct for the excess contribution (0.61%) from the government sector, there remains a mere 1.4% GDP growth rate.
    The 1.8% gain in the year ending in June, is the lowest rate of gain since Q2 2014. The chart shows that Trump-O-Nomics hasn´t caused a sustained acceleration of growth, but a clear decelerating trend that should be a clear warning sign.

There will be nearly a $150 billion annual increase in defense spending by 2021!
    Even in real terms the FY 2020 budget for defense and nondefense discretionary programs (red bar) will virtually reach the Obama level (green bar), which occurred during the depths of the Great Recession. Besides that, entitlements and mandatory spending will grow to an estimated $3.320 trillion in 2020, from $1.915 trillion in 2010 (a 74% increase).
    The budget deal will bring discretionary spending to almost a new record...

If the bill – including tax cuts and increased spending – becomes law as expected, this will add another $4.1 trillion to the national debt until 2029.
    More than half of that is due to increased spending and interest, NOT Donald’s tax cut, which is not working anyway. The pending spending deal (BBA 2019) will add $1.7 trillion, on top of the $445 billion added in last year’s deal.

Last week the US Department of Agriculture announced plans to will pay $16 billion (on top of the $12 billion already distributed) to aid farmers hurt by the trade war with China
    Real business investment actually dropping 0.6% in Q2.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/08/...a-broke-again/

Here's what this thread is like: Ron Paul promised to end the fed, but after 24 years in Congress the fed still exists. Ron Paul is a failure and a loser and nobody should support him.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Here's what this thread is like: Ron Paul promised to end the fed, but after 24 years in Congress the fed still exists. Ron Paul is a failure and a loser and nobody should support him.
    Not to put words in your mouth, but are suggesting we give Trump 24 years to put hillary in jail, repeal obamacare, etc? Are you hopeful that he will make good on promises to audit the fed in his second term? Is this the "perfection is the enemy of good" argument you are trying to make?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When did Ron Paul promise to do that?

When did Ron Paul promise to do that?
    Exactly. Similarly, the op contains many false statements.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

As far as I can tell, Trump hasn't made good on any promises since I started this thread though.
    For one, NAFTA has been terminated and negotiated a new trade deal. There are many more but you don't appear to care to be informed, just posting to be anti Trump.

Exactly. Similarly, the op contains many false statements.
    But that's where your analogy fails. Trump made stupid promises any fool could tell he could never keep. And sure enough, he broke them.

That's not at all like Ron Paul supporting a policy and never making baseless promises that he could implement it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast