Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: President Donald – Campaign promises

President Donald – Campaign promises

Donald Trump really is a different kind of politician.
    Where other politicians try to hide how corrupt they are, it looks like Donald doesn’t care if the people that voted for him find out.

Trump has made lots of campaign promises that he didn't keep.

1. Donald won’t “lock up” Hillary Clinton.

2. Trump won’t reveal the truth about 9/11.

3. Mexico won’t pay for a border wall.

4. Trump has failed to replace Obamacare.

5. The wages of ordinary people in the counties that voted for Trump won’t be increased.

6. Trump has not brought a big tax cut for the average American.

7. Trump has failed to balance the Federal Budget.

8. Donald repealed his statements that NATO is “obsolete".

9. At one time Donald promised to take all US troops out of the opium producing Afghanistan US, but instead the US will send 3,000 additional soldiers to Afghanistan.

10. He hasn’t bombed ISIS into obliteration, but instead threw the biggest available bomb on Afghanistan, and bombed the starving Yemen.

11. Trump's government didn’t declare China to be a currency manipulator.

12. Donald Trump won’t do a “real” audit of the Federal Reserve.

13. Donald didn’t reverse the deal President Barack Obama made with Cuba.

14. Trump didn’t make any progress in getting rid of the estimated 11.3 million illegal immigrants, but in 2017, deportations lower than in the previous year

15. Trump said he would approve waterboarding, because "torture works". CIA director Mike Pompeo said that he would "absolutely not" reinstate such methods (which doesn’t mean anything really…).

16. Donald hasn’t invested on the roads, rail and airports yet.

Donald has also kept some promises (at least partially).

1. Donald promised to bring corporation tax down from 35% to 15%, and he brought it down to 21%.

2. Donald withdrew from the Paris climate deal.

3. Donald withdrew the US from the TPP, but didn’t renegotiate the North American Free Trade Association (NAFTA).

4. Donald has formally recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital, which stirred up some controversy, and approved moving the US embassy to Jerusalem.

5. Trump kept his promise to approve the Keystone XL pipeline.

6. Trump didn't bring a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States". His current ban only affects Muslims from Chad, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen. This has nothing to do with Donald’s business ties to Muslim countries like: Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Indonesia.
    For more information: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000
    (archived here: http://archive.is/fGNxj)

A duck quacks and Trump tweets…
    Last edited by Firestarter; 12-31-2017 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Muslim ban partially achieved
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn’t realize his term was over.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Honestly.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Like Obama and the shovel-ready jobs that were a big fat lie to begin with.
    #NashvilleStrong

Like Obama and the shovel-ready jobs that were a big fat lie to begin with.
    Everybody who voted Obama thought the other guy was going to do the work, so no shovels were lifted and no ground was ever broken.

8 years of Obama and Americans were shoveling $#@! just to get by.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Everybody who voted Obama thought the other guy was going to do the work, so no shovels were lifted and no ground was ever broken.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0dFsNwiqOM

Obama promised jobs. He lied so he could give most of the $1trillion to companies closely tied to his friends, including Solyndra.
    #NashvilleStrong

Sure lets keep on dreaming that President Donald will "drain the swamp"...

I wish that the BBC would do some similar stories on the politicians in Britain...
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

2000 lies

In his first 10 months as president, Donald Trump (red line) lied nearly 6 times more than even (the pathological liar) Obama during his entire 8-year presidency (blue line).

Reportedly President Trump has already told a whopping 2000 lies in about a year, 5.6 a day (this includes counting repeated lies double): http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...rump-2000-lie/

Trump has repeatedly credited himself for decisions that happened before he took office. For example, 61 times, he has lied that he secured business investments and jobs.

Trump repeated the falsehood about bringing the biggest tax cut 53 times.
    Trump has lied 25 times that the United States had the highest corporate taxes and 33 times that it is one of the highest-taxed nations: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8138071.html
    Last edited by Firestarter; 06-12-2020 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Image was deleted

Wow, I had no idea you worshipped the establishment so much.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wow, I had no idea you worshipped the establishment so much.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

Sorry, almost everything in the OP is total horse $#@!.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    1. Donald won’t “lock up” Hillary Clinton.

Investigations are just beginning..

2. Trump won’t reveal the truth about 9/11.

I never thought that would happen, but there is a much better chance of it happening still with Trump than Hillary.

3. Mexico won’t pay for a border wall.

Yes, they will. Not that I care.

4. Trump has failed to replace Obamacare.

He repealed the individual mandate and passed Rand's plan allowing freedom in interstate commerce. It's a good start, do you realize Obamacare can't function without the individual mandate? You need to have more patience here..

5. The wages of ordinary people in the counties that voted for Trump won’t be increased.

Obama lost something like 16k manufacturing jobs in 2016, Trump increased 171k manufacturing jobs. Let's hold on a minute and not get caught up in the media propaganda.

6. Trump has not brought a big tax cut for the average American.

Specs and I are both getting tax cuts in the four figure range, I am very happy with that. The rich getting tax cuts will help the poor, too, you commie..

7. Trump has failed to balance the Federal Budget.

He reduced spending this year from last year, when was the last time we reduced our spending??

8. Donald repealed his statements that NATO is “obsolete".

He is starting to wind down foreign aid.

16. Donald hasn’t invested on the roads, rail and airports yet.

The foreign aid money is going to be used for that.

Donald has also kept some promises (at least partially).

1. Donald promised to bring corporation tax down from 35% to 15%, and he brought it down to 21%.

2. Donald withdrew from the Paris climate deal.

3. Donald withdrew the US from the TPP, but didn’t renegotiate the North American Free Trade Association (NAFTA).

4. Donald has formally recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital, which stirred up some controversy, and approved moving the US embassy to Jerusalem.

5. Trump kept his promise to approve the Keystone XL pipeline.

6. Trump didn't bring a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States". His current ban only affects Muslims from Chad, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen. This has nothing to do with Donald’s business ties to Muslim countries like: Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Indonesia.
    For more information: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000
    (archived here: http://archive.is/fGNxj)
    So once you update the OP, maybe you can change the title to, "So far, not too bad!!" Then maybe say something about how things are going pretty great, except foreign policy, which I still think all of us here will be much happier about within the next couple years.

And the reduction is regulations is not even whispered on this forum, the one that hates government regulation more than anything.

This just shows that some here have no principles. They only like government when it does what they like. That's not liberty thinking.
    Last edited by euphemia; 01-10-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

How can he have 'foreign lobbying ban' as a fulfilled promise when he had foreign lobbyists as members of both his campaign and his administration's top staff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

And the reduction is regulations is not even whispered on this forum, the one that hates government regulation more than anything.

This just shows that some here have no principles. They only like government when it does what they like. That's not liberty thinking.
    Not even whispered.

Except the threads about it:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-cuts-red-tape

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...on-Regulations

And the posts about it:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6569544

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6569809

That's just in the past two weeks.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"The Patriarch"

But totally ingored by posters want to put it all in the worst possible light. Could be MSM for all we know.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

No, you don't get it. Anything short of constant, effusive praise constitues "not even whispered about," apparently. Sure, Trump has done some positive things. But, apparently, believing the bad still outweighs the good and calling him out on the bad is some form of heresy.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    But, apparently, believing the bad still outweighs the good and calling him out on the bad is some form of heresy.
    Compared to what?

I can't believe some people think that the President should have undone all the damage of the last few administrations in less than a year. As an ardent pro-life advocate, Trump did more in less than a year than every presidential administration since I was born.
    #NashvilleStrong

Trump is a fraud and just like any scam during the campaign he always contradicted himself so technically he never really promised anything you just wanted to believe whatever narrative you chose to. It's like the x files line I want to believe.

Obama lost something like 16k manufacturing jobs in 2016, Trump increased 171k manufacturing jobs. Let's hold on a minute and not get caught up in the media propaganda.
    You're the one spreading pro-Trump lies, all of the time.

Trump promised 25 million jobs in 10 years (how will he stay president that long?), it doesn't look like he's on track on that promise: http://money.cnn.com/interactive/new...-jobs-tracker/

It doesn't look like President Donald has brought more jobs, compared to Obama...

Specs and I are both getting tax cuts in the four figure range, I am very happy with that. The rich getting tax cuts will help the poor, too, you commie..
    So your point is that if the rich get richer... they will help the poor get rich?!?

So once you update the OP, maybe you can change the title to, "So far, not too bad!!" Then maybe say something about how things are going pretty great, except foreign policy, which I still think all of us here will be much happier about within the next couple years.
    Donald Trump is even worse than Obama, Bush and Clinton...
    Last edited by Firestarter; 01-11-2018 at 04:47 AM.

I can't believe some people think that the President should have undone all the damage of the last few administrations in less than a year. As an ardent pro-life advocate, Trump did more in less than a year than every presidential administration since I was born.
    I'd settle for not doing more damage.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It gets mentioned here all the time.

There's just not much to say about it.

As an ardent pro-life advocate, Trump did more in less than a year than every presidential administration since I was born.
    What pro-life thing has he done?

You're the one spreading pro-Trump lies, all of the time.

Trump promised 25 million jobs in 10 years (how will he stay president that long?), it doesn't look like he's on track on that promise: http://money.cnn.com/interactive/new...-jobs-tracker/

It doesn't look like President Donald has brought more jobs, compared to Obama...

So your point is that if the rich get richer... they will help the poor get rich?!?

Donald Trump is even worse than Obama, Bush and Clinton...

Obama brought more government jobs, Trump decreased public sector jobs and increased manufacturing jobs by over 200k over what Obama did the year before, just in his first year!

He has been working with Rand on a lot of initiatives, and Rand has been very happy with the outcomes on a lot of these projects he has worked on with Trump.

Taxes down, spending down.

You have to really admit that what your vision of Trump was going to be is not the reality.

You have to really admit that what your vision of Trump was going to be is not the reality.
    I suggest that you stop ignoring the awful truth on Trump, and stop yourself be brainwashed with the pro-Trump BS that Zionist shill Alex Jones loves to spread...

I suggest that you stop ignoring the awful truth on Trump, and stop yourself be brainwashed with the pro-Trump BS that Zionist shill Alex Jones loves to spread...
    ...and Rand Paul??

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter

...and Rand Paul??
    I'm no expert on the political points of Rand or Ron Paul; and I can't even call myself a supporter of father and son Paul.

I hope that a forum member, that I can take more seriously than even Dannno, can correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression is that Rand Paul isn't pro-Trump.
    I can still remember that the forum had a custom-designed banner "Who do we support? Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump - None of the above".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast