Thread: A Comparison of the Biblical God vs Allah

A Comparison of the Biblical God vs Allah

A Comparison of the Biblical God vs Allah

"You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness....”
    -Adolf Hitler A. Speer, Inside the Third Reich, pp. 142-143

Which is a God of Love?

“Whereas Muslims the primary currency of the divine economy is sovereign power, for Christians it is sacrificial love. Islam commands bow before him, Christianity invites run into his outstretched arms.
    -Mateen Elass Understanding the Koran Zondervan Grand Rapids Mich 2004

In the Koran Allah is not all loving, he loves only those who do good works. Allah is the enemy of unbelievers 2.97-100 god does not love the unbelievers 3.30-35 god does not love the evil doers 3.56-57 god bears no love for the sinful 2.275-277 god does not love wrongdoers 42.38-44 god does not love the proud 16.22-26 Allah does not love the unbelievers 30.43-46 god does not love transgressors 7.54-57 so his love is conditional based on the works of a individual.

Say [O Muhammad]: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Say: Obey Allah and the Apostle; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.
    -Qur’an 3:31-32

Then turn thy face straight to the right religion before there come from Allah the day which cannot be averted; on that day they shall become separated. Whoever disbelieves, he shall be responsible for his disbelief, and whoever does good, they prepare (good) for their own souls, that He may reward those who believe and do good out of His grace; surely He does not love the unbelievers.
    -Qur’an 30:43-45

3:31-32 makes Allah’s love contingent on whether a person believes in Muhammad. This is similar to 19:46, which declares: “Lo! those who believe and do good works, the Beneficent will appoint for them love.”Allah is called “the Loving,” the Qur’an only means by this that Allah will love people once they believe in him and obey his prophet. The god of Islam has no love for sinners and unbelievers.

The God of the bible loves all and loves unconditional. “But god demonstrated his love for us that while we were sinners Christ died for us” Romans 5.8. Allah said god will love you, if you love him first 3.30-35 and believers need to help god, for him to help them 47.5-11. Jesus said of those who love only those who love them “if you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?” Matt 5.46. When being nailed to the cross after being beaten, scourged, spat at etc he prayed to god for those nailing him to the cross "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." Luke 23.34.

A Personal god of Love?

Allah has 99 names not one is a god of love. The bible says “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love” 1 John 4.8. No one can speak with the Islamic god in haven 78 37-38. There is no personal relationship with god in this life or afterlife. In the bible its a personal god, that came into our world and suffered for us. Allah is an impersonal god outside of his creation not really caring for his creation

Since Allah is all powerful he needs nothing outside himself and loves nothing outside himself The plurality in the Godhead is vital for understanding the biblical teaching, “God is love” John 4:8 A Unitarian God, such as Islam’s Allah, could not be a God of Love in his nature, since by definition love requires another person to be the recipient. Allah might conceivably be able to love after he created, but that would make love contingent on creation, not an intrinsic property of Allah.

Allah Does not Wish all to be Saved

Allah does not will all to be saved 32.12-32 the Koranic god wishes to scourge unbelievers for his sins 5.48-50. Allah could have led all mankind to him, but he leads them astray because of there bad deeds 13.31, God wishes to scourge sinners 5.49, unbelievers are allowed to live longer only so they sin more, and receive a greater punishment 3.178. Allah punishes unbelievers, so there souls shall depart in unbelief 9.55. Allah misleads whom He wills and guides whom He wills14:416:93 42.13. God leads the wrongdoers astray 14.25-30 If one believes in Allah is based on gods predetermined outcome “Allah misleads whom he wills and guides whom he wills.” 14.4 Allah mislead billions around the world. He predestined them to hell [9.51 57 21-23 2 6-7 3 73-74 5 40-41 6.107 6.149 7.178 32.13 10.99 7 29-31 81 28-29 sahih Muslim 1.1 33.6436 33.6393. .

When God resolved to create the human race...he throw one half into hell, saying “These to eternal fire, and I care not” and projected the other half into haven adding “and these to paradise, I care not”
    -Kisasul-Anbiya 21 also Abu-Dawood 2203 Al-Timidhi 38 Mishkat al -Misabih 3.112-13

The God of the bible is very different. "The Lord is not willing that any should perish but that all should reach repentance" 2Pet. 3.9. "He desires all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth" 1Tim. 2.4.
    "'Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked?,' says the Lord God, 'And not rather that he should turn from his way and live? For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone,' says the Lord God. 'So turn and live! Say to them, "As I live," says the Lord God, "I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways. For why will you die?"'" (Ez. 18.23,32; 33.11). “He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 peter 3.9.

So the god of the bible allows unbelievers to live, in hopes they will come to believe in him. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me Rev 3.20. I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5.

Paradise a Gift of Grace or Earned? And the Justice of God

“In Islam God revels not himself but his will for humanity. His concern is not to invite human beings into a life transforming love relationship with himself but to demand rightful obedience to his commands. Under Islam the best human beings can hope for is to be recognized and rewarded as faithful servants.”

In the Koran paradise is not a gift but a reward for good works 16.31-34. Paradise is earned with labors 7.43. You go to heaven if your good deeds outweigh your bad deeds on a scale 21.47 23.99-105, otherwise you go to hell and judgment. You must do works before you can be forgiven by Allah 8.1-5 20.81-86 33.35 7.156-157. God has mercy on those who do good works first 9.70-72. This concludes there is no chance for redemption for someone who is 50 years old full of bad works even if they have a change of heart. The sin is to great there is no chance for redemption.

The bible says "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10.13. In the bible paradise is freely given by a gracious God [who wants all in haven unlike the Koranic God] to all who accept. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” John 3.16 “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace But where sin increased, grace increased all the more” Romans 5.20.

A Just God

The god of the Koran is unjust and leaves sin unpunished. Since many crimes and sins will be committed that are never paid for or punished. Many Muslims will commit sins in their earthly life but their good deeds will outweigh their bad deeds and they will enter paradise. So their bad needs go unpunished. Making Allah unjust for allowing sins and crimes to go unpunished. In Sahih Al-Bukari 4.676 a man murdered 99 people and had no good works to speak of. Yet he was forgiven by Allah for no reason. His forgiveness was not based on gods love or an adornment for sin [such as Jesus n the cross] or gods law or mercy. Just an arbitrary forgiveness. Allah once forgave a man with great sin and no good works simply because he recited the shahada. Thus he is not a good judge or a just judge.

The biblical God is a just god and cannot allow sin to go unpunished. Yet he is also loving and forgiving. That is why he sent Jesus to take the punishment for sin we deserved. In this way God can be both all loving, and just, not allowing sin to go unpunished.

The Origin of Death and Suffering

“Allah ...determined the course of all that occurs in creation from beginning to end. Everything has been ordered by God's will, and nothing can alter or withstand his determinations.”

In Islam there is no original perfect creation instead Allah created a world with death, disease, suffering earthquakes and man was created imperfect and impatient. In the Koran on the original created earth animals were eaten. In fact they were created to be eaten 36.71-76 16.1-6 16.14 death is a design of creation. In the Koran god ordained death 40.67-73 god is the author of death, death was an original part of creation. No one dies unless god wills it 3.144-46. The term of every life is fixed 3.144-46 6.60-62 everyone death is predetermined by god 16.61-63 In the Koran god is the cause of all death. Allah causes man to die 45. 24-26,27 80 18-20 god ordained death to people 56. 51-62 “Allah does what he wills” has “power over all things” including death and destruction 14.27 5.17 54.49 man was created weak 4.27-28 animals were created to be eaten all animals in the sea are wholesome food 5.96 god created life and death that he might put us to the test 67 1-3 god ordained death to people 56. 51-62 god causes people to die 45. 24-26,27 80 18-20.

In the bible God originally created a perfect creation with no death, disease, or sickness. Originally man and animals were vegetarian. Death is the enemy. In the bible Death is the last enemy to be destroyed and was not part of god original “good” creation Romans 5 12-21 1 Corinthians 15 20-26 Genesis 3. The future haven is to be like the original garden of Eden original when animals did not eat each other and humans did not eat animals.

The wolf will live with the lamb,
    the leopard will lie down with the goat,
    the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
    and a little child will lead them.
    7 The cow will feed with the bear,
    their young will lie down together,
    and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
    8 The infant will play near the cobra’s den,
    the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
    9 They will neither harm nor destroy
    on all my holy mountain,
    for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD

Isiah 11 6-9

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
    5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.”
    -Revelations chapter 21 1-5

For more in depth look at this from the biblical perspective see Why is There Death and Suffering if God is all Loving- A Christian Response
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread....n-Response

All men Created Equal?

In the Koran the meanest beast in gods sight are the deaf and dumb 8.21-22. People are not all equal in Allah's sight 32.16-20. Allah does not see all men as equal 9.18-20.

In the bible God shows personal favoritism to no man Galatians 2.6 there is no favoritism with god Romans 2 11. “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3.28 10 “Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another? Malachi 2.10.

Hell

“He created them for hell while they were yet in their fathers loins.”
    -Sahih Muslim 33.6436

In the koran hell was prepared for unbelievers 3.131 132 and hell was created for man 7.179 sahih al-bukari 8.593. Hell was created for demons and man 11.118-123. People will repent in hell and not be saved 10.54-58 10.97.

In the bible Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels Matt 25.41 not for humans.

Heaven

In the Koran sin continues in heaven 47.12-16 [and sahih al bukari vol 8 book 77 number 611] no one can speak with god in haven 78 37-38. Believers will mock unbelievers in hell, as they recline apone there couches 83.35. In the bible there is no more sin Isiah 11 6-9 Isiah 65.25 Revelations chapter 21 1-5 Rev 22 3-5 Isiah 2 1-4. And the purpose of heaven is to have an eternal relationship with a loving god unmarred by sin and separation.

The Purpose of Man

In the Koran man was created to be tried with affliction 90.1-7. Man was created weak 4.27-28 Muslims were created to help Muhammad in war 9.40 . In the bible man was created for a personal relationship with God lev 26.12 1 john 4.19 gen 5.1 gen 1.27 rev 21 1-5.

Fallen man

In the Koran man is forgetful and needs five prayers a day to remind him. "Surely prayer keeps [one] away from indecency and evil; and certainly the remembrance of Allah is the greatest [force] and Allah knows what you do" 29-45.

In the bible man is a sinner and fallen “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3.23” “For the desire to do what is good is with me, but there is no ability to do it. 19 For I do not do the good that I want to do, but I practice the evil that I do not want to do.” Romans 7 18-19

Searching for Truth?

If you are critical of Islam your fingers are chopped off than you go to hell 8.10-13. Death penalty for attacking the Koran 8.10-13 33,36.

In the book of acts the Berea were loved by god because they searched the scriptures to see if what the apostles were telling them was true or not not just blindly accepting.

The simple believes every word: but the prudent man looks well to his going.
    -Proverbs 14.15

The first to present his case seems right, till another comes forward and questions him
    -Proverbs 18.17

Test all things; hold fast what is good.
    -1 Thessalonians 5:21

Enemies

In the Koran if anyone attacks you attack him back 2.194-195. Allah tells Muhammad not to pray for enemies 9.80 9.84.

Jesus said love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, Matt 5.44. blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matt 5.9 do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Early Believers

Abu bukr and early the Muslims spread Islam through conquest, battle, violence, and forced conversion. The Apostles died and were tortured to death for there beliefs.

Allah – The Greatest Deceiver of them All

God is deceitful 8.41-45 Allah is a schemer like man 86.17 According to the Qur'an, Allah is the "best of deceivers" 3:54; 8:30.

"The phrase is often translated into English as "best of planners," "best of schemers," or "best of plotters," but the root word (makr) means "deception." Hence, the following Qur'an verses should be rendered as follows:Qur'an 3:54—And they (the unbelievers) planned to deceive, and Allah planned to deceive (the unbelievers), and Allah is the best of deceivers. Qur'an 7:99—Are they then safe from Allah's deception? No one feels safe from Allah's deception except those that shall perish. Qur'an 8:30—And (remember) when the unbelievers plotted deception against you (O Muhammad), to imprison you, or kill you, or expel you. They plotted deception, but Allah also plotted deception; and Allah is the best of deceivers.
    -Sam Shamoun

Muhammad was allowed to break treaty of Hudaybiya. The Koranic God seems to be ok with small sins as well, and even rewards them for not doing big sins 53. 32-40. Muhammad allowed a follower to lie in order to kill a Jewish poet Ka'b bin Al-Ashrat who was critical of Muhammad.

The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b bin Ashraf (i.e. a Jew)." Muhammad bin Maslama replied, "Do you like me to kill him?" The Prophet replied in the affirmative. Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say what I like." The Prophet replied, "I do (i.e. allow you)."
    -Volume 4, Book 52, Number 271: Narrated Jabir:

The god of the bible cannot lie Titus 1:2 Hebrews 6:18

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    so @1stvermont,, Do you have views of your own? or do you just copy/paste?

Even among Christians there is a wide spectrum of views of God. everything from a vengeful tyrant to an apathetic and absent deity.

add to that,, He has been known by many names.

I know him as Father and Friend,,,, and some christians think I'm weird.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

*note: OP, you should be clearer. Arab Christians also use the word "Allah", even though they speak of an entirely different God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    even though they speak of an entirely different God.
    Do they?

I know it is a common belief and teaching.
    I'm not so sure it is true.

I wasn't a Christian when I first called on God. but I called on Him just the same.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Do they?

I wasn't a Christian when I first called on God. but I called on Him just the same.
    Yes. Christians *historically* recognize Christ to be equally God, and Muslims do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Yes. Christians *historically* recognize Christ to be equally God, and Muslims do not.
    some sects of Christianity are confused as well.. The concept of Trinity is difficult for some,, even for some who believe.

There is a lot of error.. it is one of those tears to be wiped away.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

so @1stvermont,, Do you have views of your own? or do you just copy/paste?

Even among Christians there is a wide spectrum of views of God. everything from a vengeful tyrant to an apathetic and absent deity.

add to that,, He has been known by many names.

I know him as Father and Friend,,,, and some christians think I'm weird.
    Well my views should be clear in the op. I copy paste from the bible because the op is a comparison of the bible and Koranic views of god. Therefore i quote the bible to show what it says of God. I am a christian that believes the bible is the word of god. I believe what it says of him rather than what "some Christians" [usually liberals and unbelievers or cultural Christians] say of him. Therefore my theology comes from the bible and not what someone says they think is true or arbitrary opinion.

*note: OP, you should be clearer. Arab Christians also use the word "Allah", even though they speak of an entirely different God.

agreed. But i thought it would help clarify when i was speaking of the biblical god or Koranic god. Of course i refer to Allah simply as god as well so i did not do a great job lol.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do they?

seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
    matt 7.7

and yes if you take the time to read the bible and koran [or my op] you will see they are vastly different. The only reason you are unsure is because you know nothing of islam it seems. God is the creator of the world, of all mankind. you search for him you will find him. God is not the god of Christians only.

Not sure but you might like this.

What of Those That Have Never Heard of Christianity
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s-to-the-Bible

some sects of Christianity are confused as well.. The concept of Trinity is difficult for some,, even for some who believe.

There is a lot of error.. it is one of those tears to be wiped away.
    Your issue is your authority is on what some modern liberal Christians claim to fit the culture around them. That is why for example gay marriage is only "confused" or unsure what the bible says today, because its an issue not because god was not clear in his word. rather than having god or the bible as your authority. That jesus is divine is clear in the bible and in part what makes us christian, one who does not see his divinity is not a christian such as muslims who would say the same about us if we reject Muhammad as a genuine prophet.

There is error? not sure what your referring to her other than liberals have claimed this you believed them and could not defend gods word. Perhaps a thread could be done for you if you let me know your issues maybe in a pm. Please dont derail this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stvermont View Post
    Please dont derail this thread.
    I had no such intent. I only attempt to derail Hate and misinformation.

There are things I do not KNOW. There are things that I do.

Some take one sect and judge an entire faith upon it..

I do not want to be judged by the examples of Westboro Baptist,, or Jim Jones..
    I do not call any "Father" or "Master" or "Teacher" on this earth.

God can speak through anyone.. even from a lower creature like a donkey.

I believe that God had reason to bless Ishmael,, and has raised up men among them for his own purpose.

and I would caution against cursing what God has blessed. The Arab world will play a role in things to come.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Well my views should be clear in the op. I copy paste from the bible because the op is a comparison of the bible and Koranic views of god.
    I post scripture copy/paste often enough..
    I was wondering because you posted several in a row that were pages from a website..

That is not scripture,, that is the post of some other writer regardless of content.

But I see that you do respond with your own thought.

And,, before you ask,, and because you alluded to it,,,

I am a Christian Believer. Though an irreligious one.
    And,, Oh Yes,, there is a lot of error in Christian churches. Especially in the spreading of warfare.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I had no such intent. I only attempt to derail Hate and misinformation.

There are things I do not KNOW. There are things that I do.

Some take one sect and judge an entire faith upon it..

I do not want to be judged by the examples of Westboro Baptist,, or Jim Jones..
    I do not call any "Father" or "Master" or "Teacher" on this earth.

God can speak through anyone.. even from a lower creature like a donkey.

I believe that God had reason to bless Ishmael,, and has raised up men among them for his own purpose.

and I would caution against cursing what God has blessed. The Arab world will play a role in things to come.

That is why I quoted from the Koran and Bible. This thread only applies to those who hold them as gods word. Once more this thread has nothing to do with hate or arab people, but the Koran and comparing its theology to the bible.

I post scripture copy/paste often enough..
    I was wondering because you posted several in a row that were pages from a website..

That is not scripture,, that is the post of some other writer regardless of content.

But I see that you do respond with your own thought.

And,, before you ask,, and because you alluded to it,,,

I am a Christian Believer. Though an irreligious one.
    And,, Oh Yes,, there is a lot of error in Christian churches. Especially in the spreading of warfare.
    Please support? koranic quotes? biblical quotes? you claim my op is the work of another writer, please support this claim.

I agree their is lots of error in churches, you seem full of them imo. Do you see any error in my op? if so please support.

Please support? koranic quotes? biblical quotes? you claim my op is the work of another writer, please support this claim.
    "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness....”
    -Adolf Hitler A. Speer, Inside the Third Reich, pp. 142-143
    Top of the page ,, first quote.

Did you write that whole page of attack against Islam?

I do not Quote the Koran. I never studied the Koran. I read and study the Bible.. including books removed from it capriciously.

I speak from my own faith,, and not from some credentialed other.

War will come in the Middle East.. The last war will be there.
    All will focus on Jerusalem. Many will be surprised and dismayed. There are surprises coming due to confused teaching.

I have no idea how many of Ishmael's people will be saved. And Muhammad taught there was ONE God.
    He taught that to people that believed in many gods. and I believe for a purpose..

If they are at war with Israel,, they attack the anti-christ. because that is where his throne is.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Top of the page ,, first quote.

Did you write that whole page of attack against Islam?

I do not Quote the Koran. I never studied the Koran. I read and study the Bible.. including books removed from it capriciously.

I speak from my own faith,, and not from some credentialed other.

War will come in the Middle East.. The last war will be there.
    All will focus on Jerusalem. Many will be surprised and dismayed. There are surprises coming due to confused teaching.

I have no idea how many of Ishmael's people will be saved. And Muhammad taught there was ONE God.
    He taught that to people that believed in many gods. and I believe for a purpose..

If they are at war with Israel,, they attack the anti-christ. because that is where his throne is.
    of course not, when you quote someone you give the reference for the quote when you quote it. You implied my op was done by another, of course quotes comes from others that is why you give the reference and quote them.

Honestly I think i shall stop responding unless you have something to add to the op, good day sir.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.