Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Christian Looks at Islam

A Christian Looks at Islam

A Christian Looks at Islam

“I am convinced that nothing more irksome and harmful could possibly be done to Mohammed or the Turks [Islam] (more than with all weapons) than the publication among Christians of their Koran. By reading it Christians may see what an utterly accursed, shameful, wretched book it is – full of lies, fables, and all abominations… Therefore my kind and Christian petition to you, my gracious and dear sirs, is: Be pleased to allow this book freely to circulate, without hindrance, for the glory of Christ, for the good of Christians, for the harm of the Turks, and to the disgust of the devil.”
    -A letter from Martin Luther to the city council of Basel on October 24, 1542

Islam originated with the prophet Muhammad in 7th century Arabia. The word Islam means submission, a Muslim is one who submits to Allah. Islam is the worlds second largest religion and derives its teachings from the prophet Muhammad who received revelations from Allah [god] through the angel Gabriel. These revelations were compiled from memory by his followers into the Koran the very words of Allah and free from any flaw 39.27 . The Koran containes 114 chapters [or suras] and is about 2/3 the size of the new testament. During the month of Ramadan Muslims fast [see sura 2.185] from sunrise to sundown celebrating Muhammad receiving revelations. The hadiths are also seen as authoritative to the majority of Muslims that contain information on the teachings and doings of the prophet Muhammad. Friday is the holy day for Muslims the day Muhammad first preached. The holy sites are Mecca witch is called the mother city Sura 6.92-93 and only Muslims can enter mecca. Mecca is the city where Muhammad was born and also the place of the Ka'bah.

All Muslims are to go to Mecca for a week long pilgrimage 3.95-100 no meat allowed 5 1-3 and when they reach the ka'bah they march around it seven times 2.124-130 22.25-30 believing this is were Abraham offered Ishmael as a sacrifice on the alter, and they also believe Abraham built it. Than they go to three pillars and throw stones believing they are stoning Satan and freeing themselves from sin for the year. Than they go to the cave they believe Mohammad received revelations from Gabriel. On the pilgrimage Muslims also go to the place they say Adam and Eve found each other outside of Eden, and the spot of the final sermon of Muhammad.

Medina “the city of the prophet” is where the first mosque or meeting place was built. It is also where Muhammad first became a political and military leader. The dome of the rock in Jerusalem and the great mosque in Damascus witch has the tomb of Saladin and a shrine of what is said to be John the baptist are also holy sites to Muslims. Sharia or Islamic law, means “the way.” Muslims are divided into two major factions the Shi'ites and the Sunnis. The shi'ites are the party of Ali who believed Mohammad successor should come from his family and should have been Ali instead of Abu Bakr who was the first caliph [leader], 10% of Muslims are shi'ites. Sunnis are those who adhere to the Sunnah, the model of the prophet from the traditions of Mohammad found mostly in the hadiths.

Five Pillars of Islam

There are five pillars to the Islamic faith that unifies all Muslims.

1-Declaration of faith “There is no god but Allah and Mohammad is Allah's messenger”
    2-Prayer. Five times a day they pray the first seven verses of the Koran the fatiha [opening] that must be cited in Arabic and directed towards mecca.

In the name of god, the most beneficent, the most merciful
    All appreciation, gratefulness and thankfulness are to Allah alone, lord of the worlds
    The most beneficent, the most merciful
    The possessor of the day of recompense (i.e., on the last day of judgment)
    You we worship, and you we seek help
    Direct all of us to the straight path (i.e., to the way of Islam)
    The way of those on whom you have bestowed your grace, not the way of those who have earned your anger, nor of those who have lost their way and are astray

3-Almsgiving to the poor. However this is done to gain merit not out of compassion. 2.5% of their income.
    4-Fasting during the month of Ramadan from sunrise to sundown.
    5-Pilgrimage [hajj] to mecca at least once in their lifetime.
    -Jihad or holy war is often called the sixth pillar of faith, jihad meaning “struggle.” And “Allah Akbar” simply means God is greater.

Growth of Islam

In the last 50 years Islam has increased by over 235% largely by birth rate to 1.2 billion people. Indonesia has 154 million Muslims and the Arab world a total of 140 million. 15% of Muslims live in middle east, most live in Asia. Islam is generally not spread by conversion but historically by fear and conquest. As Muslim forces moved into a territory often the citizens were given the choice of death or conversion and any Muslim who wanted to leave Islam faced death [more on this later]. Today Islam is spread by birth rates. As western countries reproduction drops below 2 per family, Islamic families around the world maintain 6 kids per family.

Muslim Demographics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

My Objections to Islam- Muhammad Was a False Prophet

Of course if Muhammad was a false prophet than Islam is a false religion. Islam does not show the signs of being gods revelations to man but of a 7th century Arabians creation.

Was Muhammad a True Prophet of God?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Prophet-of-God

Islam Contradicts the Bible That the Koran Says is the Word of God

The Bible and the Koran contradict each other on many very important issues. Yet the Koran says the bible was from God and would substantiate its claims. Allah promised Jesus his followers will have power over those that try to corrupt his words. Christians and Jews were to judge by their Torah and gospel 5:47 5 42-44 [many other verses as well ] in the 7th century. The years after Muhammad death Muslims realized the bible contradicted the Koran, but since the Koran was true in their eyes, that must of meant that the bible as been edited and corrupted.

However this even goes against what the Koran says, that the gospel [NT] the Torah [OT] cannot be corrupted by man 28 48-49 6.114-115 18.27 10.64 15.9 [ verb nazzal same term used of Torah in 5.44 and injil [gospel] 5.47 also see 2.24 4.174 compare 5.44 5.46]. Muhammad himself believed in the Torah in his time and area Abu Dawud Book 33 no 4434. Muslims are said to ask the Jews and Christians to substantiate Muhammad as a prophet as they have god given writings of “guidance and light” [divine inspiration] 5.42-48 5.65-68 10.94 5.50 5.72. Christians in v 47 are to judge by what is reveled to them in the gospel in. The problem is that we have surviving manuscripts of entire bibles from not just Arabia, but all over. Not just the 7th century but hundreds of years earlier. showing the bible of the time of Muhammad when the Koran claims its gods word and would substantiate its message. Is the bible of today and thus the Koran contradicts itself and is false. It also brings up the question of why did god not protect his earlier scripture the Torah and gospel especially when the Koran says it did? if Christians did corrupt the bible, it is only because Allah willed it 2.253. Also why did Allah wait for the 7th century to have an accurate word of God if the bible has been corrupted?

No Historical Evidence for Islam pre 7th Century Arabia

The Koran is Gods eternal word in haven and does not change. The Koran claims that the prophets of old such as Moses, Adam, Jonah, Abraham, Jesus, John the Baptist etc all were Muslims and taught true Islam. The Koran says Jesus followers [who were Muslims] were teaching Islam 3.52-53 5.111 5.47 and those followers would be dominate until the day of resurrection [future] 3.55 61.14 and they would have victory over disbelievers.

says O you who have believed, be supporters of Allah , as when Jesus, the son of Mary, said to the disciples, "Who are my supporters for Allah ?" The disciples said, "We are supporters of Allah ." And a faction of the Children of Israel believed and a faction disbelieved. So We supported those who believed against their enemy, and they became dominant
    -Qu'ran 40 70-72

Yet their is no record of them or of Islamic teachings. Where is their historical evidence for Islamic doctrine before Muhammad? Jesus says words in the Koran that are not recorded in the first 600 years of christian history by friends or enemies. Instead we see biblical and christian doctrine, manuscripts, bibles and writings throughout history up until Muhammad. The Koran says there is nothing new in Koran that was not taught to earlier generations 41.42-44 [many other passages] . Further the Koran says in many places that apostles went out into all nations of the earth, why is there no evidence for Islam in preislamic nations?

The Death of Jesus on the Cross

“Forty Arabic words six hundred years after the events they describe, more than seven hundred and fifty miles fro Jerusalem....this is the entirety of the foundation upon witch the Islamic faith bases its denial of the crucifixion...When it comes to the cross, the Qur'an stands firmly and inallerabley against the mass of historical evidence.”
    -James White What Every Christian Needs to Know About the Qur'an Bethany House publishing

Islam rejects the well established historical fact that Jesus died on the cross Sura 4.157-158 that even liberal atheist scholars must admit to.

"One of the most certain facts of history is that Jesus was crucified on orders of the Roman prefect of Judea, Pontius Pilate.”
    -Bart Ehrman

“Even the most critical historian can confidently assert that a Jew named Jesus worked as a teacher and wonder-worker in Palestine during the reign of Tiberius, was executed by crucifixion under the prefect Pontius Pilate and continued to have followers after his death”
    -Luke Timothy Johnson,#The Real Jesus#(San Francisco: Harper San Francisco, 1996), p. 123.

[Jesus]“Death as a consequence of crucifixion is indisputable.”

-Gerd Lüdemann

“slightest doubt about the fact of Jesus crucifixion under Pontius Pilate. That he was crucified is as sure as anything historical can ever be.”

-John Dominic Crossan

"I claim to be an historian. My approach to Classics is historical. And I tell you that the evidence for the life, the death, and the resurrection of Christ is better authenticated than most of the facts of ancient history . . ."
    -E. M. Blaiklock Professor of Classics Auckland University

Another subject related to crucifixion in the Koran the practice is said to be around since the time of Joseph 7.124 12.41 20.71 26.49. There is no historical support for this view.

The Koran Says Muhammad was Foretold in the Bible

Those who follow the Messenger, The unlettered Prophet, Whom they find mentioned In their own (Scriptures)—In the Law and the Gospel— ... It is they who will prosper. `
    -Qur’an 7:157

And remember, Jesus, The son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (Sent) to you, confirming The Law (which came) Before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger To come after me, Whose name shall be Ahmad [i.e. Muhammad]."
    -Qur’an 61:6

If Muhammad was the prophet of Allah told of in the Koran gods eternal word, than surely he would be clearly written of in the Bible as the Koran and its prophet Muhammad claimed. Yet the Koran does not give one quote from the Bible where this is to be found. The Koran says Jesus spoke of his coming [Muhammad] and people should know this by reading the Bible 10.94 despite no recorded history of Jesus saying this. The early Muslims believed Jews and Christians were awaiting a prophet of Arabia see Ibn Kathir 4.178. But in fact he fails as a biblical prophet and contradicts the Bible both the old testament and the new, in many places. See

Is Muhammed Prophesied in the Bible? James White vs Shabir Alley
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He87MiAWq90
    Zakir Hussain vs. James White: Is Muhammad Prophesied in the Bible?
    http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2012/09/...te-is.html

Scientific Objections and Islamic Superstition

We have indeed decked the lower heaven with beauty (in) the stars—(for beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious evil spirits, (so) they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side, repulsed, for they are under a perpetual penalty, except such as snatch away something by stealth, and they are pursued by a flaming Fire, of piercing brightness.
    -Qur’an 37:6-10

And We have (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with lamps, and We have made such (lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire.
    -Qur’an 67:5

They ask thee concerning Dhu al Qarnayn. Say, “I will rehearse to you Something of his story.” Verily We established his power On earth, and We gave him The ways and the means To all ends. One (such) way he followed, Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, He found it set In a spring of murky water: Near it he found a People.
    -Qur'an 18:83-86

Allah, Muhammad and the Koran teach many superstitious beliefs more constant with an 7th century Arabian than a revelation from God. For example, shadows are animals bowing down to god 16.48-54. Stars are missiles to hit demons with 37 6-10 67.5. Allah turned Jews into monkeys and pigs 2 62-65 5 59-60 7.116. The sun sets in a pool of murky water. [Arabic pagan belief]

And the Sun Runs its course for a period determined For it; that is The decree of (Him), The exalted in Might, The All-Knowing. And the Moon—We have measured for it Mansions (to traverse) Till it returns Like the old (and withered) Lower part of a date stalk. It is not permitted To the Sun to catch up The Moon, nor can The Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along In (its own) orbit (According to Law)
    -Qur’an 36:38-40

Muhammad said Satan can be in the upper part of peoples noses while they sleep causing them to wake up in the middle of the night so therefore people should blow their nose. Once satan urinated in a Muslims ear, causing him to not get up from bed to do his prayers. Satan farts so he does not hear certain prayers of Muslims. Crows crow, when they see a angel. Graying of a donkey means it has seen Satan. Yawning is from Satan. The sun rises between the two heads of Satan. A fever is from the heat of hell fire so treat it with water. Hell fire causes heat. Shooting stars were created to hit devils. Muhammad taught one wing on a fly has a disease, the other wing the cure. Adam was 90 feet tall. Allah transformed some Jews into apes because they did not follow the Sabbath 2.65-66. The Koran is not to be left open and unattended or a devil or jinn will come along and read it. And “if the Koran was wrapped in a skin and thrown into a fire it would not burn” al-tirmidui.652. Muhammad had concerning sanitary practices.

I heard that the people asked the Prophet of Allah: Water is brought for you from the well of Buda’ah. It is a well in which dead dogs, menstrual cloths and excrement of people are thrown. The Messenger of Allah replied: Verily water is pure and is not defiled by anything.
    -Sunan Abu Dawud 67

It was narrated that Jabir bin Abdullah said: “We came to a pond in which there was the carcass of a donkey, so we refrained from using the water until the Messenger of Allah came to us and said: ‘Water is not made impure by anything.’ Then we drank from it and gave it to our animals to drink, and we carried some with us.”
    -Sunan Ibn Majah 520—

[Mua’wiya said]: I saw the prophet sucking on the tongue or the lips of Al-Hassan son of Ali, may the prayers of Allah be upon him. For no tongue or lips that the prophet sucked on will be tormented (by hell fire).

-Musnad Ahmad 16245

It is related that Abu Hurayra said, "I never saw al-Hasan without my eyes overflowing with tears. That is because the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, went out one day and I found him in the mosque. He took my hand and I went along with him. He did not speak to me until we reached the market of Banu Qaynuqa. He walked around it and looked. Then he left and I left with him until we reached the mosque. He sat down and wrapped himself in his garment. Then he said, 'Where is the little one? Call the little one to me.' Hasan came running and jumped into his lap. Then he put his hand in his beard. Then the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, opened his mouth and put his tongue in his mouth. Then he said, O Allah, I love him, so love him and the one who loves him!'"
    (Al-Adabal-MufradAl-Bukhari,Number1183) Al-Adab al-Mufrad al-Bukhari 1183—

Contradictions

And when Allah said: O Isa,[Jesus] I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so l will decide between you concerning that in which you differed.
    -Koran 3.55

"So peace be upon me on the day I [Jesus] was born and the day of my death, and the day when I will be raised to life. "
    -Koran 19.33

Jesus predicts his death and resurrection in 19.30-37 [also see 19.15] 3.55 [“Gathering you” means “I will cause you to die”] yet Muslims believe Jesus did not die on the cross, instead it was made to “appear to them” he died, instead he went to haven 4 157-158. This also brings up the issue of Islam explanation of Christianity. The bible says many false prophets will come after Jesus that will mislead many. So we would aspect a religion like Islam. But if Islam is true than Allah created the world biggest religion Christianity, by deceiving people into thinking Jesus died on the cross.

How can a impersonal god such as the god of the Koran create personal beings? If Allah is impersonal and does not reveal himself, than how do we know that Allah reveled to Muhammad? Allah is the greatest of deceivers, how than can we be assured he was not deceiving Muhammad? Allah is all knowing yet in 18.22 he is unsure how many people are saved. Allah tells us not to sin, but created us imperfect.

Islamic View of Woman

Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret what Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High Exalted, Great.
    -Qur'an 4:34 (Pickthall)

Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great
    -Qur'an 4:34 (Shakir)

And if ye fear that ye will not deal fairly by the orphans, marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice.
    -Qur’an 4:3

Abu Said al-Khudri said: "The apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Quranic verse, "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess" [Qur’an 4:24]. That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period."
    -Sunan Abu Dawud 2150 Also see Sahih Muslim 3432 3384 3248 Sahih Muslim 3250

The Islamic view of woman is hard for me to accept. Men are allowed to beat their wives and lock them in separate rooms 4.34. The reason woman are veiled is because the sight of them unveiled causes angels to flee according to Ibn Ishaq. Woman cant testify in court in most cases under Islamic law, their testimony is not worth that of a mans when they can. Even Aisha's did not count in her claimed adultery while marries to Muhammad. To be found guilty of rape four male witnesses are needed and if a woman brings a man to court and four wont testify, she goes to jail. In Pakistan 75% of woman in jail are their for claiming rape but not able to produce four male witnesses. Woman are a pollutant during their time period 2.222. Men can have four wives 4.3, Mohammad was allowed eleven by Allah.

Muslim men can have sex with captures slaves and wives called muta. The Qur’an permits Muslims to have sex with their female captives and slaves (i.e. those "whom their right hands possess"). As the Muslim armies raided town after town, they captured many women, who would often be sold or traded. Yet, since the Muslim men were a long way from their wives, they needed wisdom from God to guide them in their treatment of their female captives:

The Believers must (Eventually) win through—Those who humble themselves In their prayers; Who avoid vain talk; Who are active in deeds Of charity; Who abstain from sex, Except with those joined To them in the marriage bond, Or (the captives) whom Their right hands possess—For (in their case) they are Free from blame.
    -Qur’an 23:1-6

Quote:Not so those devoted To Prayer—Those who remain steadfast To their prayer; And those in whose wealth Is a recognized right For the (needy) who asks And him who is prevented (For some reason from asking); And those who hold To the truth of the Day Of Judgement; And those who fear The displeasure of their Lord—For their Lord’s displeasure Is the opposite of Peace And Tranquility—And those who guard Their chastity, Except with their wives And the (captives) whom Their right hands possess—For (then) they are not To be blamed.
    -Qur'an 70:22-30

Quote:Abu Said al-Khudri said: "The apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Quranic verse, "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess" [Qur’an 4:24]. That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period."
    -Sunan Abu Dawud 2150[Also see Sahih Muslim 3432 Sahih Muslim 3371 Sahih Al-Bukhari 4138 Sahih Muslim 3384 Sahih Muslim 3248 Sahih Muslim 3250 [Sami Zaatari vs. David Wood: Is Muhammad a Good Role Model for Society?]

Not surprising Study: 19 of 20 Worst Countries for Women Are Muslim-Majority Countries http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2014...ing+Muslims%29

Islam a Revelation From the Eternal God? Or a 7th Century Arabic Religion?

For claiming to be a revelation from the eternal God who spoke through Moses, Adam, Jesus etc Islam sure seems to fit what one would expect if a 7th century Arabian [Muhammad] who used local sources and created a man made religion. Muhammad was familiar with local Gnostic, Jewish and Talmud, christian and pagan beliefs and customs. Islam is a combination of them all. In fact Muhammad's understanding of the Bible often came from local Gnostic and heretical groups and the Talmud leading to his false doctrine on many Biblical issues that he believed were true. For example Local heretical christian groups used the Arabic infancy gospel of Thomas a forgery written in local Arabian that dates to the 6th century, and the Koran contains material from that gospel like Jesus speaking as a baby 3.46 19 29-33 Jesus making clay birds come to life 5.110 [bible says his first miracle was in john 2.11 as adult] presented as truth. local Gnostics did not believe Jesus died on the cross and it was either Judas or that Jesus just appeared to die, this is material the koran says is true. From the Talmud comes the Koranic story of the two sons of Adam found in sura 5.27 5.31 and Abraham being thrown in the fire and god cools the flames sura 21 68-69. Sura 18.9-26 derives from apocrypha writings acta sunctorum. Jinn, the lunar calender came from pre Islamic Jewish sources. Sura 19 22-26 derives from the gospel of pseudo-Matthew. The legend of Mt Sinai suspension by god in 2.63,93 4.154 7.171 comes from Jewish folklore in the Babylonian Talmud. Some of the prophets such as Jonah, Elijah, and Issac, appear in Arabic of the Koran as translated from Greek rather than Semitic[witch would be expected if those were divinely reveled. Who brought revaluations to Muhammad Gabriel or the holy spirit? 2.91 16.104 26.193 53.5 is Gabriel the holy spirit? Comes from a misunderstanding of Luke 1.26.

“Nothing in the Qur'anic text actually addresses the essence of christian faith [trinity] even though it is painfully clear the author thought he was doing so.”
    -James White What Every Christian Needs to Know About the Qur'an Bethany House Publishers 2013

The Koran teaches a false view of the Trinity in 5.116 that includes Mary Jesus mother in the trinity. The Koran confused Miriam the sister of Moses with Mary Jesus mother in 19.28. Also see

James White vs. Bassam Zawadi: Does the Qur'an Misrepresent the Trinity?
    http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2012...oes-quran.html ]

Muhammad came from the Arabian pagan tribe the Quraysh based in Mecca witch was the center for trade and pilgrimage for pagans with its local pagan shrine the Ka'bah as the holiest site in pre Islamic Arbia . One of his local pagan tribes deities was “Allah” the pagan moon god who's symbol is the crescent moon. Muhammad took 7th century Arabian culture and elevated it to religious status mixed in with local Jewish and christian groups theology on the one true god. Five prayers a day, prayers towards mecca, the fast of Ramadan, circling the ka'bah, dietary laws, clothing, woman's veil, woman wear black, men wear white, virgins a gift in heaven, the story of the sun setting in mirkey water, even the word muslim were all done by pre Islamic pagans. Muhammad just brought his local tribes “Allah” the moon God to a higher status. See

the religion of Islam by Dr. Ron Carlson
    https://www.christianministriesintl.org/...ry=2827161

I think Islam as a whole pointed out by David Wood and why Muslims actually consume more during Ramadan, is man made. Muhammad made a religion for his 7th century fellow Arabs.

Why do Muslims eat more when they're fasting than when they're not fasting? Why put a mask of piety on gluttony? The answer, I think, lies at the very heart of Islam. Islam does not make people more holy or spiritual. Rather, it gives them a religious framework for carrying their desires to perverse extremes. If a non-Muslim man hits a few clubs and somehow manages to have sex with ten women in one day, Islam will condemn him as a fornicator. But if this same man converts to Islam, marries four women, and takes six sex-slaves as his captives after a battle, he can be perfectly righteous before Allah, even if he has sex with ten women in one day. Likewise, if a man hires a prostitute and sleeps with her, he has sinned, according to Islam. But if the same man sets up a "temporary marriage" (a practice called "Muta"), he can hire the same prostitute, for the same amount of time, have sex with her in the exact same way, and bear no shame whatsoever in the Muslim community. If a psychopath goes on a killing spree, brutally murdering men, women, and children, he is surely going to hell, according to Islam—unless, of course, he is killing men, women, and children in a terrorist attack for the sake of Allah, in which case his violent massacre will earn him a one-way ticket to Paradise. Even according to Muslim sources, the tribes of Mecca were violent, lascivious, and gluttonous. Muhammad didn't change their behavior by forcing them to convert to Islam. He simply made their violence, lasciviousness, and gluttony pleasing to Allah. Should we be surprised that Ramadan is a month-long feast that Muslims call "fasting"?
    -David Wood Why do Muslims eat More During Ramadan

Islamic View of Haven

Much of the Koranic version of heaven comes from the Zorastriods of Persia- not from christian and Jewish sources of haven as claimed. They also seem very human rather than divine. “High bosomed maidens” for companions in haven 78 31-33 Young boy servers who will seem like sprinkled pears 76 15-17 young boys will be there as waiters as fine as virgin pearls 52 22-31 bashful virgins 38.47-52 virgins and dark eyed virgins in heaven 55 53-67 53 -78 56 17-33 recline in couches and wed black eyed whores 52 15-22 37.37-50 36.55-60. In haven their are “voluptuous woman” 78.31 woman created virgins 56.36 some things forbidden in Koran like liberal use of wine, are allowed in haven.

The Koran, Violence, Jihad, and non Muslims

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled. And those Jews (who came to you) say (as did some Jews who lived before): "Ezra (‘Uzayr) is God's son"; and (as a general assertion) the Christians say: "The Messiah is God's son. " Such are merely their verbal assertions in imitation of the utterances of some unbelievers who preceded them. May God destroy them! How can they be turned away from the truth and make such assertions?
    -Koran 9.29-30

Islam is perhaps most well known among non Muslims for its violence and violence committed in the name of Islam despite western liberalism attempts to hide it. Often 5.32 is used to try and convince us Islam is peaceful. However even here according to the Koran this is a a teaching to the children of Israel, not Muslims. 2.62 another passage, refers to Christians and Jews who converted to Islam. Islam is known as the religion of the sword. The Saudi Arabia flag is a Islamic sword. Of course if Allah is violent or commands his followers to be, that does not disprove Islam in any way, it just proves god is violent or thinks it justified in certain circumstances. But just to piss off the PC crown here are some Koranic passages justifying violence.

9.38-39 those who don't fight for Islam will be punished. The best deed a Muslim can perform is armed struggle [jihad]. Paradise is a reward for fighting for Allah 9.111. Muslims are to fight till Allah alone is worshiped 2.193. God allows Muslims to be killed in battle to test there faith 3.152-154 3.166. It is no concern to believers if god kills non believers in battle 3.126-131 Fight those who believe not in Allah 9:29. Muslims were created to help Muhammad in war 9.40 Allah sends thunderbolts at who he chooses 13.12-13. Muslims cannot enter paradise until you proven in battle your a true believer 3.140-144 those that fight [in battle] for Islam in war receive heaven, hell for those that dont 48.16-20 those that die in battle for islam will go to paradise 47 4-6 those that die in battle will be forgiven all there sins, and will go to heaven 3.195 promised reward for those that fight in battle 4.95-97 98-101 3.169-172 9.87-90 4.74 9.89 die in jihad guarantee paradise 9.111. True believers will beg to go to war 9.43-47 believers will kill, and be killed for the cause of god 9.111 Muhammad was called to rouse believers to fight 8.62-66 go to war well armed or ill equipped to march and fight for the cause of Allah 9.41. Beheading comes from 8.9 12-13 Allah sent angels to behead the enemies of Islam. Muslims are told to behead your enemies 47.4. Armed men during prayer, believers must always be on guard 4.102. those that make war against allah or Muhammad shall be slain or crucified 5.33. if anyone thinks god will not give victory to Muhammad they should hang themselves 22.15-16.

Unbelievers

So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
    -Koran 9.5

O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness.”
    -Qur’an 9:123

Muhammad said “I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah.”
    -Sahih Muslim 33

Islam is only religion in world that has mandate violence against non believers. Unbelievers are enemies 4.101 fight against them until idolatry is no more and gods religion reigns supreme 2.192-93. Muhammad is to make war with nonbelievers and deal sternly with them 66.9. large numbers of mass killings by Allah towards unbelievers in Koran are found. Allah tells Muhammad not to pray for enemies 9.80 9.84. No forgiveness for those who reject allah and his prophet 9.80. Muslims are the best of people 3.110 Jews and christian are the worse of creatures 98.6

O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.
    -Qur’an 5:51

God tells Muhammad to make war on unbelievers and hypocrites and to deal rigorously with them 9.73-74
    make war on infidels who who live around you 9.123 Make war on idolaters until Islam reins supreme 8.29-40
    dont let unbelievers think they will ever get away, muster against them all men and Calvary strike terror into the enemies of god 8.57-60 Make war with unbelievers 9.1-13 unless they join the faith- fight against unbelievers who have been given scripture and do not believe [Jews Christians] until they pay tribute and are subdued 9.29-31. “So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them” 47.4. It is evil to be friends with unbelievers 5 80-82. Jews Christians are perverse 9.29-30

Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikun will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures.
    -Qur’an 98:6

So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them
    -Koran: 47.4

It has been narrated by ‘Umar b. al-Khattab that he heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslim.
    -Sahih Muslim 4366

What if If Muslims do not Fight?

Fighting is obligated for believers much as they dislike it 2.216. You cannot enter paradise until you proven in battle your a true believer 3.140-144. Muslims were created to help Muhammad in war 9.40.Those that fight [in battle] for Islam in war receive heaven, hell for those that dont 48.16-20. a woeful scourge falls on Arabs who do not fight in war 9.87-90 9.38-39 . Muslims are to put to death deserter wherever you find them 4 87-90. Those that dont fight in battle for god are not equal to those that do 4.95 Those that dont fight that are able, are unclean and will be punished in hell 9.94-96. God will strike off the heads and fingertips of unbelievers if any believer turns his back to infidels on the march he will receive wrath from god and hell fire 8.15-16. Believers who fight in war for Islam are not to be friends with those who have yet to join in war 8.70-75. Muslims who fight for god are held higher by god than others and are promised paradise 9.20-22.

Jihad

As for killing.... Allah says we should decapitate,we should amputate the limbs, we should mutilate.... we are fighting a religious war....we are fighting Christians”
    -Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau dec 2013

“Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment
    -Koran 5.33

There are three stages in Islam, when they are outnumbered and not in power [such as in the west] they can legitimize peacefulness and tolerance 1.09 and when Muslims feel threaten they can seek peace, they can pretend to be peaceful outwardly, but not inwardly 3.28. Than when they gain power there is defensive jihad 22 39-40. Lastly when they have the advantage and are in power [see Muslim nations for examples] they are on offensive expansionist Jihad sura 9.39. When Islam has the upper hand such as Muhammad had after he became leader of Medina, they are to never ask for peace 47.35. However there are four kinds of jihad in Islam.

Jihad of the heart/soul (jihad bil qalb/nafs) is concerned with combating “evil” (i.e. un-Islamic) desires and the devil in the attempt to escape his persuasion to evil. In other words it is the “internal” jihad.

Jihad by the tongue/pen (jihad bil lisan/qallam) is concerned with spreading the word of Islam with one’s tongue or writing and the verbal (or written) defence of Islam.

Jihad by the hand (jihad bil yad) refers to choosing to do what is right and to combat injustice and what is wrong in Islamic terms with action, e.g. protest, demanding “special consideration” etc. Some writers see this “hand-jihad” as subsuming the sword-jihad (below{1}).

Jihad by the sword (jihad bis saif) refers to qital fi sabili Allahi ([armed] fighting in the way of Allah, or holy war), this is the most common usage by Salafi and Wahhabi Muslims and the most ancient. For example, Sahih Bukhari (the pre-eminent Hadith collection of Sunni Islam) has almost 200 references to jihad and 98% (~196) of them refer to it in the sense of armed warfare against non-Muslims. 98% of his hadith relating to jihad refer to sword jihad “Asbab al-Nuzul.” Ali ibn Ahmad al-Wahidi (Trans. Mokrane Guezzou), 2008 Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought, Amman, Jordan.

“Jihad of the sword” that has been the primary understanding of jihad in Islamic history and jurisprudence is beyond doubt”.“when the word jihad occurs in the koran without any modifier or with the typical modifier “in the cause of allah” it invariably refers to armed combat on behalf of islam. It is often linked with the word qital in the context of dealing with unbelievers...“Muhammad himself was engaged regularly in a military jihad and commanded his followers to engage in it as well”.”
    -Dr Mateen Elass. Understanding the koran a quick christian guide to the Muslim holy book

Thus whilst jihad is not only warfare the vast majority of it is. This has been the historical actions and beliefs of Muslims from the time of Muhammad before western liberalism. In the century after Muhammad died with Abu Bakr as leader, Islam spread through expansionist jihad across north Africa up to Spain across Asia and India.

“expansion jihad clearly understood by Muslims at the time of Muhammad death in one century Islam expanded from a limited religion of the Arabian peninsula to a empire across N africa up to spain in west and across asia and india in east”
    -Dr Mateen Elass Understanding the koran a quick christian guide to the Muslim holy book Dr Mateen Elass.

“Indeed, the reward in God's book for jihad in God's path is something for which a Muslim should love to be singled out, by which God saved [people] from humiliation, and through which He has bestowed nobility in this world and the next. (Tabari 11:80 / 2083—84)
    -Abu Bakr

“In the Muslim community, the holy war is a religious duty, because of the universalism of the Muslim mission and (the obligation to) convert everybody to Islam either by persuasion or by force.
    -Ibn Khaldun The Muqaddimah: an Introduction to History (abridged), trans. Franz Rosenthal, Princeton UP, 1967, p.183)

The Prophet said, "A single endeavor (of fighting) in Allah's Cause in the forenoon or in the afternoon is better than the world and whatever is in it."
    - Volume 4, Book 52, Number 50: Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Apostasy

Ibn Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allah said, “Whoever changes his (Islamic) religion, kill him.”
    -Al-Bukhary (number 6922)

Abd-Allah ibn Masood said: The Messenger of Allah said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allah and that I am the Messenger of Allah, except in one of three cases: a soul (in case of murder); a married person who commits adultery; and one who leaves his religion and separates from the main body of Muslims.”
    -Sahih Al Bukhary number 6484 and Sahih Muslim number 1676
    Last edited by 1stvermont; 12-30-2017 at 06:19 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stvermont View Post
    Islam Contradicts the Bible That the Koran Says is the Word of God

The Bible and the Koran contradict each other on many very important issues. Yet the Koran says the bible was from God and would substantiate its claims.
    Quran didn't mention the bible even once. According to Encyclopedia Britannica, the bible is a book that was written mostly by anonymous authors and was canonized in 367 by Athanasius.

The Koran is Gods eternal word in haven and does not change. The Koran claims that the prophets of old such as Moses, Adam, Jonah, Abraham, Jesus, John the Baptist etc all were Muslims and taught true Islam. The Koran says Jesus followers [who were Muslims] were teaching Islam 3.52-53 5.111 5.47 and those followers would be dominate until the day of resurrection [future] 3.55 61.14 and they would have victory over disbelievers.
    The essence of the message of Prophets Jesus and Muhammad is "Worship the creator not the creature" "God is not a man" "Worship your and my Lord" "God is one". Both preached it perfectly.

The Koran Says Muhammad was Foretold in the Bible
    Prophet Muhammad is mentioned by name in the bible.
    מַחֲמַדִּ

Quote Originally Posted by Muslim brother View Post
    Quran didn't mention the bible even once. According to Encyclopedia Britannica, the bible is a book that was written mostly by anonymous authors and was canonized in 367 by Athanasius.

Thanks for your posts Muslim brother. Glad to see a libertarian minded muslim. Thanks for looking over my post as well and commenting. Just to be honest it is my desire all Muslims would come to know Jesus as their lord and savior because of my love for your people as for all people. I also am simply doing what the Koran says for Christians to do in Sura 5:47 5 42-44. As for your first comment I would say your viewing the bible from a human perspective rather than a god given revelation as the Koran says it is. Man cannot change gods word as Allah tells us many times in his word. As a Muslim you must see Allah and Muhammad as the authority, not the encyclopedia. In here is my argument. The Koran says the bible is gods unaltered word at the time it was recited by Muhammad thus after 600 ad. We have complete copies of the bible hundreds of years earlier the same as today's. Yet it contradicts the Koran in many major theological issues. The reason is Muhammad thought he was a prophet in line with the prophets of old, yet was mistaken.

The essence of the message of Prophets Jesus and Muhammad is "Worship the creator not the creature" "God is not a man" "Worship your and my Lord" "God is one". Both preached it perfectly.
    I agree in part, this is the Koranic understanding and both those prophets teachings and Christians and Muslims can praise this theology of one god instead of nature or idols. However the injil contains far more than monotheism and contains information that contradicts the Koran and what it says of the injil. Such as Jesus death , burial , resurrection and divine nature among many other issues. The issue is Muhammad thought the injil constant with his "revelations" but in reality he only had knowledge of the gospel in passing by word and memory. This is the reason for his misunderstanding. I highly recommend you read the gospels [they are the same gospels that Christians had in the time of Muhammad] that he spoke of as revelations from Allah for yourself and "let truth prevail".

מַחֲמַ
    I would not trust a youtube video for finding truth. If you want to you can post any one passage and we will take them one at a time. But this is why I posted two debates on the subject including one with Islams top apologist Shabir Alley. The claim he is mentioned in the bible is easily refuted in these debates along with the claim is his name is used.

Is Muhammed Prophesied in the Bible? James White vs Shabir Alley
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He87MiAWq90
    Zakir Hussain vs. James White: Is Muhammad Prophesied in the Bible?
    http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2012/09/...te-is.html
    Last edited by 1stvermont; 12-30-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Islamic View of Woman

Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret what Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High Exalted, Great.

Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great

And if ye fear that ye will not deal fairly by the orphans, marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice.
    -Qur’an 4:3

Abu Said al-Khudri said: "The apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Quranic verse, "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess" [Qur’an 4:24]. That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period."
    -Sunan Abu Dawud 2150 Also see Sahih Muslim 3432 3384 3248 Sahih Muslim 3250

The Islamic view of woman is hard for me to accept. Men are allowed to beat their wives and lock them in separate rooms 4.34. The reason woman are veiled is because the sight of them unveiled causes angels to flee according to Ibn Ishaq. Woman cant testify in court in most cases under Islamic law, their testimony is not worth that of a mans when they can. Even Aisha's did not count in her claimed adultery while marries to Muhammad. To be found guilty of rape four male witnesses are needed and if a woman brings a man to court and four wont testify, she goes to jail. In Pakistan 75% of woman in jail are their for claiming rape but not able to produce four male witnesses. Woman are a pollutant during their time period 2.222. Men can have four wives 4.3, Mohammad was allowed eleven by Allah.

Muslim men can have sex with captures slaves and wives called muta. The Qur’an permits Muslims to have sex with their female captives and slaves (i.e. those "whom their right hands possess"). As the Muslim armies raided town after town, they captured many women, who would often be sold or traded. Yet, since the Muslim men were a long way from their wives, they needed wisdom from God to guide them in their treatment of their female captives:

The Believers must (Eventually) win through—Those who humble themselves In their prayers; Who avoid vain talk; Who are active in deeds Of charity; Who abstain from sex, Except with those joined To them in the marriage bond, Or (the captives) whom Their right hands possess—For (in their case) they are Free from blame.
    -Qur’an 23:1-6

Quote:Not so those devoted To Prayer—Those who remain steadfast To their prayer; And those in whose wealth Is a recognized right For the (needy) who asks And him who is prevented (For some reason from asking); And those who hold To the truth of the Day Of Judgement; And those who fear The displeasure of their Lord—For their Lord’s displeasure Is the opposite of Peace And Tranquility—And those who guard Their chastity, Except with their wives And the (captives) whom Their right hands possess—For (then) they are not To be blamed.
    -Qur'an 70:22-30

Quote:Abu Said al-Khudri said: "The apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Quranic verse, "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess" [Qur’an 4:24]. That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period."
    -Sunan Abu Dawud 2150[Also see Sahih Muslim 3432 Sahih Muslim 3371 Sahih Al-Bukhari 4138 Sahih Muslim 3384 Sahih Muslim 3248 Sahih Muslim 3250 [Sami Zaatari vs. David Wood: Is Muhammad a Good Role Model for Society?]

Not surprising Study: 19 of 20 Worst Countries for Women Are Muslim-Majority Countries http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2014...ing+Muslims%29
    I'll just drop this off here...

EVERY year, thousands of British people convert to Islam. Estimates of how many vary a lot, but in 2011 a study concluded that the total number of converts in the United Kingdom might exceed 100,000 and that about 5,000 had made that choice the previous year, with women exceeding men and the “white British” share of fresh converts amounting to around half. Whatever their own religious views, people are curious about unusual spiritual journeys: when, in 2013, Cambridge University produced a study of British women who had embraced Islam, it was downloaded more than 150,000 times.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/eras...nversion-islam
    Women reject weaksauce Christianity, preached by doddering old men or lesbians.

Women reject manginas and weak beta orbiters.

Three-quarters of Britons who become Muslims are female. Now a major new study has shed light on the difficulties they face in adjusting to their new life.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-6258015.html

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-31-2017 at 09:47 AM.

מַחֲמַדִּ
    Jesus accepted worship from Thomas and others. If Jesus was merely a prophet, why did He accept worship? Isn't worship due to God alone?

In other words, Islam rejects the God of the universe, Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Jesus accepted worship from Thomas and others. If Jesus was merely a prophet, why did He accept worship? Isn't worship due to God alone?

As a religion it does (but you know how I feel about religion) but so does Judaism,, which Christian religion grew out of..

Individuals in those religions can still be saved,,, and you don't know what another man believes,, or will believe tomorrow.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    As a religion it does (but you know how I feel about religion) but so does Judaism,, which Christian religion grew out of..

Individuals in those religions can still be saved,,, and you don't know what another man believes,, or will believe tomorrow.
    Sure, a Muslim can be saved, if he rejects the false prophet Muhammad and turns in faith fully to Jesus for the forgiveness of his sins

Sure, a Muslim can be saved, if he rejects the false prophet Muhammad and turns in faith fully to Jesus for the forgiveness of his sins
    Might be a better way of going about it than bombing them.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Might be a better way of going about it than bombing them.
    Oh yeah. I don't agree with any of that.

Please note that the word translated as "worshipped" is the GREEK word "prosekunesan" which is derived from the root word proskuneo {pros-ku-neh'-o}. The literal meaning of this word is (and I quote): "to kiss, like a dog licking his masters hand." This word also has the general meaning of "bow, crouch, crawl, kneel or prostrate." Please check the Strong's concordance for the true meaning of this word. Is the act of kissing someone's hand the same as worshipping him? selective translation. Have a look here
    http://media.isnet.org/kmi/off/Islam...ch1.2.4.3.html

The God of the universe vs Jesus, the messenger:

The original post is simply rife with confirmation bias and lacks any sort of scrutiny.

For example, you can suggest that Islam is misogynistic, then selectively take verses you think agree with that but it's not look at the bigger picture. For these broad topics I choose to zoom out, and look at it relatively.

The Arabs of their time were misogynistic. The practice of infanticide was somewhat commonplace if the child was a female; in fact it was considered honorable to kill your child if she was a female. Moreover, women were, in the words of Umar ibn al Khattab, "controlled" by their men in Mecca. There were no limitations on how many wives you could marry, and no specific rights that women were given, any rights they had were inherent to their status in society rather than innate human rights.

Islam came and not only stopped infanticide, but espoused favorable views of female children, stating that if you raise two girls to adulthood, you are guarenteed heaven (a far cry from the previous policies of the Arabs), it specifically gave women rights over their husbands (to be treated well, to be provided for, to be given children, and to be treated fairly of the husband has multiple wives). Islam also gave women a voice, Umar noting that Muhammad's wives argued with him and that he preferred the relationship the Ansaris (Arabs from Medina) had with their wives who were Jewish (Matriarchal society), the Quraysh used to say the Ansar were "controlled by their women", and Muhammad took some of those elements.

So that's a broad perspective, and no one would deny that from this broad perspective women are treated much better under the Islamic system then what was previously there. That should negate ideas of mysogyny from Muhammad and his followers instantly.

The question then becomes for modern times, is it enough?

You noted some examples which are not actually true. The Quran never said men can "lock women in a separate room", it says sleep in another room, i.e., show them you're angry by refusing to sleep with them. The story of the Quran allowing physical admonishment to wives is actually an interesting one in that Muhammad forbade it completely until some of the companions complained, then a verse was revealed giving the conditions, the final being "darabuha", meaning "strike her".

Muhammad clarified, "strike her without violence", and Ibn Abbass was asked what this meant so he replied, it's like how you would hit someone with a miswak (a twig), meaning you cannot hit with intent to harm physically, but just as a method to show severity in your anger.

So this is just one small example from the long post in the OP. And I can be much more detailed if need be. The other ideas such as women being taken captive, is not something that Islam invented. Islam allowed captives to be kept as punitively, meaning if they were involved in a war effort against you, their punishment may be being taken captive.

You cannot rape them, you cannot so much as strike them (doing so under Islamic law requires you to free them), even though you can have sex with female captives, you cannot force it, so there must be consent under those rules.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Ahh, what religion causes people to do. Defending sex slavery now, are we? Absolutely disgusting. Not to mention, Mohammad endorsed the immoral practice of collective punishment with what he did to banu qureyza. A few leaders of the tribe made negotiations with the Meccans, so the perfectly moral, best example for humanity thing to do is behead all the men and then enslave all the women and children. How the $#@! do you justify enslaving kids? If you even attempt to rationalize it you are an awful person.

But yea I bet those slave women were feeling horny and consented to sex with the murderers of their families. Definitely nothing questionable going on there.

How can you seriously look at islam's teachings and say they aren't misogynistic? The testimony of 2 women is that of 1 man. Why is that? Because women are deficient in intellect. You can find that $#@! in any hadith book. So what will it be? Does "Sahih" actually mean fabricated? Do you think it's not misogynistic to consider women deficient in intellect? Was it a mistranslation?

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Ahh, what religion causes people to do. Defending sex slavery now, are we? Absolutely disgusting. Not to mention, Mohammad endorsed the immoral practice of collective punishment with what he did to banu qureyza. A few leaders of the tribe made negotiations with the Meccans, so the perfectly moral, best example for humanity thing to do is behead all the men and then enslave all the women and children. How the $#@! do you justify enslaving kids? If you even attempt to rationalize it you are an awful person.

But yea I bet those slave women were feeling horny and consented to sex with the murderers of their families. Definitely nothing questionable going on there.

How can you seriously look at islam's teachings and say they aren't misogynistic? The testimony of 2 women is that of 1 man. Why is that? Because women are deficient in intellect. You can find that $#@! in any hadith book. So what will it be? Does "Sahih" actually mean fabricated? Do you think it's not misogynistic to consider women deficient in intellect? Was it a mistranslation?
    Bani Qurayza's fate was determined by Mosaic law (not Islamic) by an arbiter they chose (someone from their own tribe). Furthermore Islamic "slavery" is hardly slavery in that we cannot even use the terms "slave", and "master". A so-called slave in Islam must be treated like a brother, must sit at the same table as you, must wear the same clothes you wear, and must be allowed to earn their freedom. Furthermore any abuse to a slave requires the manumission of the slave.

Your simple appeals to emotion will not be effective.

As for women being "naaqisat fi deen wa'l 3ql" (deficient in mind and faith), this is taken commonly from a hadith which was more-or-less the prophet joking with a group of women to egg them on into donating more of their jewelry. The real reason in certain cases testimony of women is credited less is because of the patriarchal nature of society; a woman has less leverage than a man and can therefore be coerced into false testimony by a tyrannical husband or father (one of the reasons the prophet cautioned who you give your daughter to in marriage).

The Islamic court system is meant to give the largest benefit of the doubt to the accused.

מַחֲמַדִּ
    Nobody who uses a computer translator is to be taken seriously, as this guy does at ~8 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    Bani Qurayza's fate was determined by Mosaic law (not Islamic) by an arbiter they chose (someone from their own tribe). Furthermore Islamic "slavery" is hardly slavery in that we cannot even use the terms "slave", and "master". A so-called slave in Islam must be treated like a brother, must sit at the same table as you, must wear the same clothes you wear, and must be allowed to earn their freedom. Furthermore any abuse to a slave requires the manumission of the slave.

Your simple appeals to emotion will not be effective.

As for women being "naaqisat fi deen wa'l 3ql" (deficient in mind and faith), this is taken commonly from a hadith which was more-or-less the prophet joking with a group of women to egg them on into donating more of their jewelry. The real reason in certain cases testimony of women is credited less is because of the patriarchal nature of society; a woman has less leverage than a man and can therefore be coerced into false testimony by a tyrannical husband or father (one of the reasons the prophet cautioned who you give your daughter to in marriage).

The Islamic court system is meant to give the largest benefit of the doubt to the accused.
    Mohammad was supposed to be the last messenger of god on earth. He was supposed to make the law of god clear for everyone in all times. He was the most respected figure in his society, and people went to him for knowledge and advice. So what did he do with that huge responsibility? Make jokes about women being stupid for people to misunderstand for hundreds of years, leading to the mistreatment of millions upon millions of women. You're just making this $#@! up as you go, right?

https://www.searchtruth.com/searchHa...earch_word=all

Does that look like a joke to you? Where's the punch line? He's making logical conclusions from the verses he revealed in the quran.

You're right about banu qurayza though. They did select a former Jew to decide their punishment. And if I remember correctly, Mohammad was quoted to have said something along the lines of "Allah's choice of punishment would be similar." So, still waiting for your defense of child slavery, as Allah endorsed collective punishment, mass beheading, and child enslavement.

That's a nice feature of the Islamic court system you got there though. That's what causes rape victims to get punished for zina, right?

Mohammad was supposed to be the last messenger of god on earth. He was supposed to make the law of god clear for everyone in all times. He was the most respected figure in his society, and people went to him for knowledge and advice. So what did he do with that huge responsibility? Make jokes about women being stupid for people to misunderstand for hundreds of years, leading to the mistreatment of millions upon millions of women. You're just making this $#@! up as you go, right?

https://www.searchtruth.com/searchHa...earch_word=all

Does that look like a joke to you? Where's the punch line? He's making logical conclusions from the verses he revealed in the quran.

You're right about banu qurayza though. They did select a former Jew to decide their punishment. And if I remember correctly, Mohammad was quoted to have said something along the lines of "Allah's choice of punishment would be similar." So, still waiting for your defense of child slavery, as Allah endorsed collective punishment, mass beheading, and child enslavement.

That's a nice feature of the Islamic court system you got there though. That's what causes rape victims to get punished for zina, right?
    He actually joked a lot. He once told an old women, that old women don't go to heaven. She ran off crying, and had to explain to her he meant she was going to be a young beautiful woman in heaven.

The hadith is clear he was trying to rile the women up. In the same hadith he said they had less faith because they don't pray/fast on their periods (they're not allowed to), it's a joke.

Stop trying to be emotional. Appeals to emotion are for sophists and have no use in an actual discourse.

Also rape victims are never punished themselves. Shar'i rulings are clear on this matter.

قال الإمام مالك رحمه الله والعقوبة في ذلك على المغتصب ، ولا عقوبة على المغتصبة في ذلك كله
    Imam Malik said: The punishment is on the rapist, and not the raped, under any circumstances.

If the woman is proven to have lied regarding the claim, she will be punished.

He actually joked a lot. He once told an old women, that old women don't go to heaven. She ran off crying, and had to explain to her he meant she was going to be a young beautiful woman in heaven.

The hadith is clear he was trying to rile the women up. In the same hadith he said they had less faith because they don't pray/fast on their periods (they're not allowed to), it's a joke.

Stop trying to be emotional. Appeals to emotion are for sophists and have no use in an actual discourse.

Also rape victims are never punished themselves. Shar'i rulings are clear on this matter.

قال الإمام مالك رحمه الله والعقوبة في ذلك على المغتصب ، ولا عقوبة على المغتصبة في ذلك كله
    Imam Malik said: The punishment is on the rapist, and not the raped, under any circumstances.

If the woman is proven to have lied regarding the claim, she will be punished.
    I'm making fun of you because your flimsy justifications are a complete joke. There's nothing emotional at all in the post you quoted. The abuse of women in muslim societies is an ongoing problem, and we can attribute this abuse largely to Mohammad saying women are stupid and that you are allowed to beat them. Pretty convenient that Allah forgot to include the part about "with a toothbrush" when saying you can beat your wife. Just like you forgot to defend child slavery.

But you believe the Quran is eternal right? So Allah did remember to write, billions of years in advance, that it's ok to marry your adopted son's ex-wife so Mohammad could get with Zayn's wife. He also remembered to include that you shouldn't stay too long after dinner to chat with mohammad, and that mohammad's ~10 wives cant be married by anyone after his death.

If a woman accuses a man of rape without sufficient evidence, she can and has been punished, regardless of whether she lied or not.

I still don't see the joke though. There was a clear twist in the example you gave, but nothing in the hadith I quoted. He basically just said: women pray and fast less than men, so they are deficient in faith. There's no joke here.

I'm making fun of you because your flimsy justifications are a complete joke. There's nothing emotional at all in the post you quoted. The abuse of women in muslim societies is an ongoing problem, and we can attribute this abuse largely to Mohammad saying women are stupid and that you are allowed to beat them. Pretty convenient that Allah forgot to include the part about "with a toothbrush" when saying you can beat your wife. Just like you forgot to defend child slavery.

But you believe the Quran is eternal right? So Allah did remember to write, billions of years in advance, that it's ok to marry your adopted son's ex-wife so Mohammad could get with Zayn's wife. He also remembered to include that you shouldn't stay too long after dinner to chat with mohammad, and that mohammad's ~10 wives cant be married by anyone after his death.

If a woman accuses a man of rape without sufficient evidence, she can and has been punished, regardless of whether she lied or not.

I still don't see the joke though. There was a clear twist in the example you gave, but nothing in the hadith I quoted. He basically just said: women pray and fast less than men, so they are deficient in faith. There's no joke here.
    "Making of of me", yet you're the one appealing to emotions and in general making a complete fool of yourself. It's probably why you keep bringing up new points which are completely unrelated to this discussion, why are you talking about his his marriage to Zayd's ex wife (not sure who Zayn is)? In Islam we're not allowed to adopt, only foster, so Zayd in Islamic law is not his son.

I'm sure you're trying to make loose insinuations regarding the moral character of Muhammad but they're not sticking because you know little about what you're talking about.

I already juxtaposed the traditional Arab treatment of women to the Islamic treatment, it's not a coincidence you glossed over that. It doesn't fit your narrative so you ignored it.

Also I've lived in the Arab world. Women, by the statistics, and anecdotally, are treated worse right here in America.

"Making of of me", yet you're the one appealing to emotions and in general making a complete fool of yourself. It's probably why you keep bringing up new points which are completely unrelated to this discussion, why are you talking about his his marriage to Zayd's ex wife (not sure who Zayn is)? In Islam we're not allowed to adopt, only foster, so Zayd in Islamic law is not his son.

I'm sure you're trying to make loose insinuations regarding the moral character of Muhammad but they're not sticking because you know little about what you're talking about.

I already juxtaposed the traditional Arab treatment of women to the Islamic treatment, it's not a coincidence you glossed over that. It doesn't fit your narrative so you ignored it.

Also I've lived in the Arab world. Women, by the statistics, and anecdotally, are treated worse right here in America.
    I'm bringing up new points because you are completely incapable of responding to the ones I've already brought up. You refuse to defend Islam's endorsement of child slavery - because you can't. You know it's wrong, and you can only give a "god works in mysterious way"-esque justification. This is what happens when you work backwards from your conclusions. No one in their right mind would read the quran and say it's a perfect book, or read about Mohammad and say he was the best man ever. You are indoctrinated to believe these things and mold the facts to fit your conclusion.

So here's one of the quranic verses that Allah preserved for billions of years to send to Mohammad so he could end the norm of adoption and make it ok to marry your foster son's ex wife.

https://quran.com/33/37

Allah was really pushing the boundaries with this revelation. It was so important for muslims to know that this was ok. Too bad Allah didn't use this verse to say something actually useful for humanity, like to ban slavery or first cousin marriages. How about this next one?

https://quran.com/33/53?translations=20

I honestly have no idea how you can read the above verse and remain Muslim. So obviously authored by Mohammad himself and not some omniscient, omnipotent creator of the universe delivering a message to be revered for all eternity. I know far more about islam than what you are willing to admit.

All you are capable of doing is point to skewed, inaccurate statistics of the world today because there are many indefensible, substantive issues with the quran and mohammad.

Those hideous arab gulf states treat women like cattle. SA is still beheading people for witchcraft. Atheism is illegal. Women couldn't drive until recently. They treat south asian workers like slaves. Out of all the countries on the planet, these are the worst. I'd rather go to north korea than step foot in the birthplace of islam. To pretend that western countries treat women worse than those honor culture hellholes is intellectual dishonesty of the highest degree.
    Last edited by Influenza; 02-06-2018 at 11:18 PM.

The original post is simply rife with confirmation bias and lacks any sort of scrutiny.

For example, you can suggest that Islam is misogynistic, then selectively take verses you think agree with that but it's not look at the bigger picture. For these broad topics I choose to zoom out, and look at it relatively.

The Arabs of their time were misogynistic. The practice of infanticide was somewhat commonplace if the child was a female; in fact it was considered honorable to kill your child if she was a female. Moreover, women were, in the words of Umar ibn al Khattab, "controlled" by their men in Mecca. There were no limitations on how many wives you could marry, and no specific rights that women were given, any rights they had were inherent to their status in society rather than innate human rights.

Islam came and not only stopped infanticide, but espoused favorable views of female children, stating that if you raise two girls to adulthood, you are guarenteed heaven (a far cry from the previous policies of the Arabs), it specifically gave women rights over their husbands (to be treated well, to be provided for, to be given children, and to be treated fairly of the husband has multiple wives). Islam also gave women a voice, Umar noting that Muhammad's wives argued with him and that he preferred the relationship the Ansaris (Arabs from Medina) had with their wives who were Jewish (Matriarchal society), the Quraysh used to say the Ansar were "controlled by their women", and Muhammad took some of those elements.

So that's a broad perspective, and no one would deny that from this broad perspective women are treated much better under the Islamic system then what was previously there. That should negate ideas of mysogyny from Muhammad and his followers instantly.

The question then becomes for modern times, is it enough?

You noted some examples which are not actually true. The Quran never said men can "lock women in a separate room", it says sleep in another room, i.e., show them you're angry by refusing to sleep with them. The story of the Quran allowing physical admonishment to wives is actually an interesting one in that Muhammad forbade it completely until some of the companions complained, then a verse was revealed giving the conditions, the final being "darabuha", meaning "strike her".

Muhammad clarified, "strike her without violence", and Ibn Abbass was asked what this meant so he replied, it's like how you would hit someone with a miswak (a twig), meaning you cannot hit with intent to harm physically, but just as a method to show severity in your anger.

So this is just one small example from the long post in the OP. And I can be much more detailed if need be. The other ideas such as women being taken captive, is not something that Islam invented. Islam allowed captives to be kept as punitively, meaning if they were involved in a war effort against you, their punishment may be being taken captive.

You cannot rape them, you cannot so much as strike them (doing so under Islamic law requires you to free them), even though you can have sex with female captives, you cannot force it, so there must be consent under those rules.
    Sorry I was gone for some time thanks for the post. As for Islam and woman and you argue Islam was better than 7th century Arabian pagan customs of the time, ok. But as a christian I look at Islam not through the lens of if it improved society over an awful pagan society [it did i agree in more ways such as monotheism] but as a claimed revelation from god the creator of all mankind. In that case I dont care if woman's lives were improved in some manner, I care how Islam treats woman among other issues. We cannot ignore those issues just because they improved on some pagan ones.

I am going to have to disagree with you on the beating woman part.

"Narrated Ikrima: 'Rifaa divorced his wife whereupon Abdur-Rahman married her. Aisha said that the lady came wearing a green veil and complained to her (Aisha) and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating. It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's messenger came, Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes! When Abdur-Rahman heard that his wife had gone to the prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him, but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment. Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's messenger! She has told a lie. I am very strong and can satisfy her, but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifaa." Allah's messenger said to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifaa unless Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." The prophet saw two boys with Abdur-Rahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that Abdur-Rahman said, "Yes." The prophet said, "You claim what you claim (that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow.""
    Bukhari, vol. 7, # 715

"The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."
    -Abo Dawud 2142

As for the rape comment i think I will post this.

Why do Muslims eat more when they're fasting than when they're not fasting? Why put a mask of piety on gluttony? The answer, I think, lies at the very heart of Islam. Islam does not make people more holy or spiritual. Rather, it gives them a religious framework for carrying their desires to perverse extremes. If a non-Muslim man hits a few clubs and somehow manages to have sex with ten women in one day, Islam will condemn him as a fornicator. But if this same man converts to Islam, marries four women, and takes six sex-slaves as his captives after a battle, he can be perfectly righteous before Allah, even if he has sex with ten women in one day. Likewise, if a man hires a prostitute and sleeps with her, he has sinned, according to Islam. But if the same man sets up a "temporary marriage" (a practice called "Muta"), he can hire the same prostitute, for the same amount of time, have sex with her in the exact same way, and bear no shame whatsoever in the Muslim community. If a psychopath goes on a killing spree, brutally murdering men, women, and children, he is surely going to hell, according to Islam—unless, of course, he is killing men, women, and children in a terrorist attack for the sake of Allah, in which case his violent massacre will earn him a one-way ticket to Paradise. Even according to Muslim sources, the tribes of Mecca were violent, lascivious, and gluttonous. Muhammad didn't change their behavior by forcing them to convert to Islam. He simply made their violence, lasciviousness, and gluttony pleasing to Allah. Should we be surprised that Ramadan is a month-long feast that Muslims call "fasting"?
    -David Wood Why do Muslims eat More During Ramadan
    Last edited by 1stvermont; 02-08-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Nobody who uses a computer translator is to be taken seriously, as this guy does at ~8 minutes.
    Listen to the rabbi mentioning his name.

It doesn't even need a computer translator.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stvermont View Post
    Sorry I was gone for some time thanks for the post. As for Islam and woman and you argue Islam was better than 7th century Arabian pagan customs of the time, ok. But as a christian I look at Islam not through the lens of if it improved society over an awful pagan society [it did i agree in more ways such as monotheism] but as a claimed revelation from god the creator of all mankind. In that case I dont care if woman's lives were improved in some manner, I care how Islam treats woman among other issues. We cannot ignore those issues just because they improved on some pagan ones.
    Nor am I suggesting we gauge our morals in terms of relativity, however it's difficult to depict Islam as misogynistic if it actively improved the lives of women and elevated their status. So we must rationalize that.

I am going to have to disagree with you on the beating woman part.
    There's nothing really to disagree with. You posted verses I wholly explained, and any person can Google "Islam wife beating", and get a list of supposed quotes that will ally them in their 'debates', but I'm not here to play whack-a-mole, meaning, if I explain one thing, you just move on to the next, ad nausea? Instead we should read the scripture or hadiths, and actually think about them in a broader context.

So for example you posted the verse about striking the wife, the prophet said this is striking without violence, the phrase was explained in Tafseer this way:
    عطاء قال قلت لابن عباس : ما الضرب غير المبرح ؟ قال السواك
    Ata' asked ibn Abbass what that means (i.e., to hit without pain), he responded "like with a siwaak"

The siwaak is a twig, so it means make physical contact but nothing that can hurt.

Other examples of women being harmed in prophetic times

رجل لطم امرأته فخوصم إلى النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم في ذلك فقضى لها بالقصاص
    A man beat/slapped his wife, and it was told to the prophet, and he judged in her favor by qisaas (so the man was beat as punishment)

So how do we reconcile what you're posting and what I'm posting? Well some of it is just sketchy, the hadith you posted about men not being asked why they struck their wives, that's a hadith classified as weak, so the authenticity is questioned.

As for the hadith where the woman was apparently beaten, it never said such a thing was condoned, and never was stated that she wanted retribution, as I just showed a woman complained about being slapped by her husband and he was punished for it.

The summary version of women in Islam is that they were elevated in status to equals when they were relegated to inferior positions and subjected to infanticide by the previous people, and while a man can exert authority over his wife as the head of a family, he cannot physically harm her, even if he can strike to cause no pain as an expression of anger, anymore than this is prosecutable as I showed in the above hadith.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's one of a few videos I've seen from people raised Muslim who've discovered the peace of the Holy Spirit through meeting and accepting Jesus Christ as Lord. It's always a beautiful thing. Peace, Love, and Joy, the fruits of the Spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Here's one of a few videos I've seen from people raised Muslim who've discovered the peace of the Holy Spirit through meeting and accepting Jesus Christ as Lord. It's always a beautiful thing. Peace, Love, and Joy, the fruits of the Spirit!

I know how you feel

I know how you feel
    I pray you someday do. Most impressive to post a response to an 8 minute video within 4 minutes of it being posted.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I pray you someday do. Most impressive to post a response to an 8 minute video within 4 minutes of it being posted.
    My post was meant to express a point, that someone converting to one religion isn't some kind of definitive proof (especially at the rates of people converting to Islam). There's active discussion in this thread going on, your post seemed rather out of place.

My post was in response to the OP not the side discussion.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Nor am I suggesting we gauge our morals in terms of relativity, however it's difficult to depict Islam as misogynistic if it actively improved the lives of women and elevated their status. So we must rationalize that.

There's nothing really to disagree with. You posted verses I wholly explained, and any person can Google "Islam wife beating", and get a list of supposed quotes that will ally them in their 'debates', but I'm not here to play whack-a-mole, meaning, if I explain one thing, you just move on to the next, ad nausea? Instead we should read the scripture or hadiths, and actually think about them in a broader context.

So for example you posted the verse about striking the wife, the prophet said this is striking without violence, the phrase was explained in Tafseer this way:
    عطاء قال قلت لابن عباس : ما الضرب غير المبرح ؟ قال السواك
    Ata' asked ibn Abbass what that means (i.e., to hit without pain), he responded "like with a siwaak"

The siwaak is a twig, so it means make physical contact but nothing that can hurt.

Other examples of women being harmed in prophetic times

رجل لطم امرأته فخوصم إلى النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم في ذلك فقضى لها بالقصاص
    A man beat/slapped his wife, and it was told to the prophet, and he judged in her favor by qisaas (so the man was beat as punishment)

So how do we reconcile what you're posting and what I'm posting? Well some of it is just sketchy, the hadith you posted about men not being asked why they struck their wives, that's a hadith classified as weak, so the authenticity is questioned.

As for the hadith where the woman was apparently beaten, it never said such a thing was condoned, and never was stated that she wanted retribution, as I just showed a woman complained about being slapped by her husband and he was punished for it.

The summary version of women in Islam is that they were elevated in status to equals when they were relegated to inferior positions and subjected to infanticide by the previous people, and while a man can exert authority over his wife as the head of a family, he cannot physically harm her, even if he can strike to cause no pain as an expression of anger, anymore than this is prosecutable as I showed in the above hadith.
    I dont disagree with what your saying but your logic and conclusions. So if in a pagan society you can kill, torture and rape any woman you like. and islam comes along and says hay, you can only rape and kill not torture, that while better does not conclude islam is god ordained. otherwise feminism and liberalism must be from god as they would improve the condition of woman over islam.

You said "There's nothing really to disagree with. You posted verses I wholly explained" and this is our issue, its an issue of authority. Do we take the plain words of the koran and hadiths, or yours? when you say those verses do not say what they actually say, who do we listen to? that is why your editions to the koran mean nothing to me as the koran is clear on beating their wives. to claim it says [ to hit without pain or with a twig] makes a fool of the verse and its punishments by husbands to woman who disobey. This claim is well refuted in debates see below

DEBATE: Does the Quran Promote Peace? (Spencer & Wood vs. Hussain & Ebady)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgKarDCo6bY

You say the man was beat for slapping his wife? could you please support from the hadith. You go on to ask
    So how do we reconcile what you're posting and what I'm posting? ​ My answer we dont. Because I post from the koran, you post from yourself, once more an issue of authority. You than claim Bukhari as "weak" please support this claim, if bukari is not authority than who is? [other than you of course].

In conclusion the koran and islam have a clear history of its treatment of woman, modern western liberal muslims do not like it, and so tell us the koran does not say what it says.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast