Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Explain To Me How Trump Differs From The Generic Democrat

I think the better question is, how is Trump better than the generic Republican like Romney.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I think the better question is, how is Trump better than the generic Republican like Romney.
    Was Romney really a Republican.. I thought he was just a pirate.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Was Romney really a Republican.. I thought he was just a pirate.
    He is eyeballing Orrin Hatch's post, if Orin should retire. So yeah, I think he is a pirate.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Probably not something a generic Democrat would do...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...y-Aid-to-Pakis
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Got elected.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Why don't you tell us the top three policies of Trump's that you disagree with?
    1. Increasing spending

2. Increasing spending

3. Increasing spending

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    1. Increasing spending

2. Increasing spending

3. Increasing spending
    how would that be different than any in my lifetime? R or D
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

1. Increasing spending

2. Increasing spending

3. Increasing spending

1. Increasing spending

2. Increasing spending

3. Increasing spending
    2017's federal budget, submitted by Obama, totaled $4.147 trillion in spending.

2018's federal budget, submitted by Trump, totals $4.094 trillion in spending.

A decrease of $53 billion dollars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...ederal_budgets

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

That's not including Trump's forthcoming infrastructure proposal that is supposed to run at a trillion dollars, not all in one year I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    That's not including Trump's forthcoming infrastructure proposal that is supposed to run at a trillion dollars, not all in one year I assume.
    All I can go by is what is on paper.

Rev 3.0 said his issue was increased spending, times three.

The Trump budget cuts spending.

So, now what?

So, now what?
    Be afraid, be very afraid.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump's budget proposal was for $594 billion in defense spending. What was actually passed, and what he actually signed, was $700 billion in defense spending. That's not accounted for in the wiki pages you're looking at.

Also, as mentioned above, this doesn't include the extra infrastructure spending that he wants.
    Last edited by TheCount; 01-01-2018 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Tell the whole truth. There are significantly fewer federal employees now than when he took office. He’s still undoing the Obama expansion.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Tell the whole truth. There are significantly fewer federal employees now than when he took office. He’s still undoing the Obama expansion.
    Do you consider the Department of Defense to be federal employees?
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump's budget proposal was for $594 billion in defense spending. What was actually passed, and what he actually signed, was $700 billion in defense spending. That's not accounted for in the wiki pages you're looking at.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Do you consider the Department of Defense to be federal employees?
    The department of defense can't be cut unless you don't want to win. Why do you hate winning?

Source?
    https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc.../NDAA-2018.pdf

Page 1110.
    Pinochet is the model

Well that certainly more than wipes out the $53 Billion budget decrease that AF was talking about.

So the fact is, as big and expensive as the federal government grew under Obama, that was not enough for Trump.

And Trump is only just getting started in his spending increases.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well that certainly more than wipes out the $53 Billion budget decrease that AF was talking about.

So the fact is, as big and expensive as the federal government grew under Obama, that was not enough for Trump.

And Trump is only just getting started in his spending increases.
    It will be spectacular great

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The department of defense can't be cut unless you don't want to win. Why do you hate winning?
    There's just been so much winning that I'm tired of it.
    Pinochet is the model

Trump’s War on Regulations: More Than 1,500 Withdrawn, Delayed or Under Review, Plus $570 Million in Savings

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...llion-savings/

AP reported:

Neomi Rao, the administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, said the administration had completed 67 deregulatory actions and taken three regulatory actions through the end of September that would result in a cost savings of $570 million a year.

Those deregulatory actions include a wide range of actions, including the withdrawal of guidance documents and reductions in paperwork burdens, and a dozen regulations killed by Congress, Rao said.

More than 1,500 regulations other rules and regulations have been withdrawn, delayed, or are under reconsideration, officials said.

U.S. forces now on the ground supporting combat operations in Yemen, Pentagon says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...pentagon-says/

The Pentagon has placed a small number of U.S. advisors on the ground in Yemen to support Arab forces battling al-Qaeda, military officials said on Friday, signaling a new American role in that country’s multi-sided civil war.

Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, said U.S. personnel had been in the country for about two weeks, supporting Yemeni and Emirati forces that are fighting a pitched battle against militants near the southeastern port city of Mukalla.
    Pinochet is the model

The generic Democrat is the same as the generic GOPer, obviously.

...has been since 1896.

Trump’s War on Regulations: More Than 1,500 Withdrawn, Delayed or Under Review, Plus $570 Million in Savings

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...llion-savings/

AP reported:

Neomi Rao, the administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, said the administration had completed 67 deregulatory actions and taken three regulatory actions through the end of September that would result in a cost savings of $570 million a year.

Those deregulatory actions include a wide range of actions, including the withdrawal of guidance documents and reductions in paperwork burdens, and a dozen regulations killed by Congress, Rao said.

More than 1,500 regulations other rules and regulations have been withdrawn, delayed, or are under reconsideration, officials said.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...e-already-dead

Trump Takes Credit for Killing Hundreds of Regulations That Were Already Dead

As the Trump administration nears its one-year mark, White House officials are touting cuts to regulations as one of their top achievements.

“In the history of our country, no president, during their entire term, has cut more regulations than we’ve cut,” President Donald Trump said last month. His Press Secretary Sarah Sanders puts the total at nearly 1,000, an astounding accomplishment for the notoriously slow-moving federal bureaucracy.

But government records—and in some cases the agencies carrying out Trump’s policies—tell a very different story.

For one thing, only a handful of regulations have actually been taken off the books. That’s due to laws that keep government policies from wildly swinging back and forth every time moving trucks show up at the White House.

Rather, the claim of victory in the war on regulation is instead based almost entirely on stopping proposed rules that haven’t yet made their way through the machinery of government. The White House says it has killed or stalled 860 pending regulations. It’s done this by withdrawing 469, listing another 109 as inactive and relegating 282 to “long term.”

A Bloomberg News review has found even those claims are exaggerated. Hundreds of the pending regulations had been effectively shelved before Trump took office. Others listed as withdrawn are actually still being developed by federal agencies. Still more were moot because the actions sought in a pending rule were already in effect.

The review’s findings undercut one of the signature assertions of an administration that has struggled to show progress on its major campaign promises. Efforts to rescind Obamacare faltered in Congress and a promised wall along the Mexican border remains unbuilt. But Trump and his aides proudly and repeatedly point to progress in cutting government red tape.

[more at link]

All I know is that every once and a while I fall back into the 80's portion of my brain and laugh out loud when I realize Donald Trump is the president.

1. Increasing spending

2. Increasing spending

3. Increasing spending
    That is just one, and as others have pointed out, it's not unique to Trump in the slightest.

how would that be different than any in my lifetime? R or D

So, now what?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is orange, the others are not?

Just spitballing here.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Start here:

http://goldismoney2.com/threads/im-s.../#post-1302080
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast