Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 96

Thread: Explain To Me How Trump Differs From The Generic Democrat

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Although he has been called Nazi, racist etc, traits linked to leftist idealogies in the past, follow the money. He has been committed conservative at heart and has always financed Republicans.
    Has he not contributed to democrats also?
    "The Patriarch"

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

    Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    A better question would be how does rev 3.0 differ from a generic democrat?
    I agree.
    Using that jaded youtube is not really all that persuasive that Trump is just a RINO Democrat -
    But certainly business man Trump was not very analytical in the war analysis if he didn't realize the 9-11 plot was all Clinton years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    It is a brain-dead question. Secondly, that clip doesn't address policy at all.

    Would ANY Democrat have put Neil Gorsuch on Supreme Court? No. Therefore Trump is different and better than every single Democratic alternative.

    Trump . . . didn't get involved in Syria like Hillary would have.
    Hillary interventionism established with Libya and Syria as Secretary of State - she wasn't the president but wanted to break glass ceilings so bad
    she would organize and planned seditiously to go rogue against her President off the reservation.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The tax cut without any spending cut?
    Yes, that means more borrowing/printing.
    So, GOP stands for borrow/print and spend, while Dem stands for tax and spend.
    [insert gif of shocked and horrified Jefferson]
    All you asked was how he differs from a generic democrat. I gave you 1 simple example from relatively current news. The democrats went nuts over the idea of people keeping more of their own money via the taxbill.

  6. #34

    New York Values

    At his core Trump is a NYC Bernie Bro, big government nanny state progressive thug.

    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  7. #35
    Unfortunately, there are no generic dems anymore. They're all 'resist' progressives that have lost their minds.

  8. #36
    It is weird that he signed that tax bill. I wonder why.

  9. #37
    Unless you mean the liberty Democratic legislators in New Hampshire, Trump has been far more pro-liberty than the average Democrat politician.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    And he didn't win the Dem nomination.

    Generic Dem won.

    There is no meaningful difference between generic Dem and generic GOP.

    Spending will increase at almost exactly the same rate.

    The GOPer will pretend to deregulate, without meaningfully changing a thing.

    And, of course, the bipartisan foreign policy won't even blink.

    ...it's the inevitable product of this form of government.
    Does rev 3.0 have a desire to be a bitchfest leader?

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Unfortunately, there are no generic dems anymore. They're all 'resist' progressives that have lost their minds.
    Exactly. Most of them have been compromised as well. Drain the swamp is a work in progress. This country didn't get this way overnight, so it is safe to say it will not get drained overnight.

    I will give Trump an A+ for what he has been able to accomplish thus far--he has obstructionists hurdling at him from every direction.

    I will add that Trump is no dummy either.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  12. #40
    Politico is pushing the Generic Democrat narrative - https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...emocrat-216121

    What Will It Take To Beat Trump? The Case for a Generic Democrat

    Is rev 3.0 a shill?



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Politico is pushing the Generic Democrat narrative - https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...emocrat-216121

    What Will It Take To Beat Trump? The Case for a Generic Democrat

    Is rev 3.0 a shill?
    rev 3.0 is bill hicks

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Focusing on policy...

    Go
    Why don't you tell us the top three policies of Trump's that you disagree with?
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Why don't you tell us the top three policies of Trump's that you disagree with?
    Which one of Trumps policies is a higher priority then his neocon policies? The whole point of the neocons is the ends justify the means.


    1. They agree with Trotsky on permanent revolution, violent as well as intellectual.
    2. They are for redrawing the map of the Middle East and are willing to use force to do so.
    3. They believe in preemptive war to achieve desired ends.
    4. They accept the notion that the ends justify the means that hard-ball politics is a moral necessity.
    5. They express no opposition to the welfare state.
    6. They are not bashful about an American empire; instead they strongly endorse it.
    7. They believe lying is necessary for the state to survive.
    8. They believe a powerful federal government is a benefit.
    9. They believe pertinent facts about how a society should be run should be held by the elite and
      withheld from those who do not have the courage to deal with it.
    10. They believe neutrality in foreign affairs is ill-advised.
    11. They hold Leo Strauss in high esteem.
    12. They believe imperialism, if progressive in nature, is appropriate.
    13. Using American might to force American ideals on others is acceptable. Force should
      not be limited to the defense of our country.
    14. 9-11 resulted from the lack of foreign entanglements, not from too many.
    15. They dislike and despise libertarians (therefore, the same applies to all strict constitutionalists.)
    16. They endorse attacks on civil liberties, such as those found in the Patriot Act, as being necessary.
    17. They unconditionally support Israel and have a close alliance with the Likud Party.

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Which one of Trumps policies is a higher priority then his neocon policies? The whole point of the neocons is the ends justify the means.


    1. They agree with Trotsky on permanent revolution, violent as well as intellectual.
    2. They are for redrawing the map of the Middle East and are willing to use force to do so.
    3. They believe in preemptive war to achieve desired ends.
    4. They accept the notion that the ends justify the means – that hard-ball politics is a moral necessity.
    5. They express no opposition to the welfare state.
    6. They are not bashful about an American empire; instead they strongly endorse it.
    7. They believe lying is necessary for the state to survive.
    8. They believe a powerful federal government is a benefit.
    9. They believe pertinent facts about how a society should be run should be held by the elite and
      withheld from those who do not have the courage to deal with it.
    10. They believe neutrality in foreign affairs is ill-advised.
    11. They hold Leo Strauss in high esteem.
    12. They believe imperialism, if progressive in nature, is appropriate.
    13. Using American might to force American ideals on others is acceptable. Force should
      not be limited to the defense of our country.
    14. 9-11 resulted from the lack of foreign entanglements, not from too many.
    15. They dislike and despise libertarians (therefore, the same applies to all strict constitutionalists.)
    16. They endorse attacks on civil liberties, such as those found in the Patriot Act, as being necessary.
    17. They unconditionally support Israel and have a close alliance with the Likud Party.
    How many of these does Trump actually support?

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How many of these does Trump actually support?
    How many doesn't he support? How many Mcmasters and Nikki Haleys do we have to get before people realize Trump is a neocon?? Just because the neecons had to sneak up Trumps ass to get in the whitehouse doesn't mean they didn't win, and that we should support their administration.

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    How many doesn't he support? How many Mcmasters and Nikki Haleys do we have to get before people realize Trump is a neocon?? Just because the neecons had to sneak up Trumps ass to get in the whitehouse doesn't mean they didn't win, and that we should support their administration.
    Resist we much!


  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How many of these does Trump actually support?
    I doubt that he knows anything about Leo Strauss. But it looks like a pretty good list of some of his positions to me.

    Some of them understate the matter. Noecons and Trump don't merely express no opposition to the welfare state, for example. They positively praise it.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I doubt that he knows anything about Leo Strauss. But it looks like a pretty good list of some of his positions to me.

    Some of them understate the matter. Noecons and Trump don't merely express no opposition to the welfare state, for example. They positively praise it.
    We've Been Neo-Conned
    Ron Paul
    July 12, 2003


    The modern-day, limited-government movement has been co-opted. The conservatives have failed in their effort to shrink the size of government. There has not been, nor will there soon be, a conservative revolution in Washington. Political party control of the federal government has changed, but the inexorable growth in the size and scope of government has continued unabated. The liberal arguments for limited government in personal affairs and foreign military adventurism were never seriously considered as part of this revolution.
    Since the change of the political party in charge has not made a difference, who's really in charge? If the particular party in power makes little difference, whose policy is it that permits expanded government programs, increased spending, huge deficits, nation building and the pervasive invasion of our privacy, with fewer Fourth Amendment protections than ever before?

    .....
    Last edited by nikcers; 12-30-2017 at 03:19 PM.



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Your neighbor is a neocon.

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Politico is pushing the Generic Democrat narrative - https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...emocrat-216121

    What Will It Take To Beat Trump? The Case for a Generic Democrat

    Is rev 3.0 a shill?
    Was that a round-a-bout way for MSM to confess Trump alone can defeat Trump? That's true of every incumbent; people don't leave the warm-glowing comfort of the devil they know.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 12-30-2017 at 03:28 PM.

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Your neighbor is a neocon.
    We are all Neocons now.

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Has he not contributed to democrats also?
    He has. And the Republicans he's supported have not been good ones.
    https://ballotpedia.org/History_of_D...ical_donations

  27. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Which one of Trumps policies is a higher priority then his neocon policies? The whole point of the neocons is the ends justify the means.


    1. They agree with Trotsky on permanent revolution, violent as well as intellectual.
    2. They are for redrawing the map of the Middle East and are willing to use force to do so.
    3. They believe in preemptive war to achieve desired ends.
    4. They accept the notion that the ends justify the means – that hard-ball politics is a moral necessity.
    5. They express no opposition to the welfare state.
    6. They are not bashful about an American empire; instead they strongly endorse it.
    7. They believe lying is necessary for the state to survive.
    8. They believe a powerful federal government is a benefit.
    9. They believe pertinent facts about how a society should be run should be held by the elite and
      withheld from those who do not have the courage to deal with it.
    10. They believe neutrality in foreign affairs is ill-advised.
    11. They hold Leo Strauss in high esteem.
    12. They believe imperialism, if progressive in nature, is appropriate.
    13. Using American might to force American ideals on others is acceptable. Force should
      not be limited to the defense of our country.
    14. 9-11 resulted from the lack of foreign entanglements, not from too many.
    15. They dislike and despise libertarians (therefore, the same applies to all strict constitutionalists.)
    16. They endorse attacks on civil liberties, such as those found in the Patriot Act, as being necessary.
    17. They unconditionally support Israel and have a close alliance with the Likud Party.
    In short, you would say that your number one, strongest disagreement with Trump is a neoconservative foreign policy? Fair enough. Best to keep it simple, and not try to figure out what is really going on in Trump's head. It changes so much that he may not know, or he just wants to keep everyone guessing at all times. No questions about where Nikki Haley stands.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  28. #54
    The real question is how is he any different than Ross Perot?

  29. #55

    The Generic Libertarian

    We need a thread... Explain to me how Trump Differs From The Generic Libertarian like Bob Barr or Gary Johnson.
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  30. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    We need a thread... Explain to me how Trump Differs From The Generic Libertarian like Bob Barr or Gary Johnson.



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    He has. And the Republicans he's supported have not been good ones.
    https://ballotpedia.org/History_of_D...ical_donations
    What does that have to do with evaluating him now? I posted the same stuff in June of 2015. For example

    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Trump has given money to almost exclusively to Democratic candidates from Harry Reid to Chuck Schumer. The only kinda sorta conservative Republican he supported was Giuliani for Mayor, and I am stretching to call Giuliani a conservative. He has supported single payer healthcare, a 20% wealth tax, and tariffs. I bought a copy of his book from the 99cent bin that he wrote when was considering running in 2000. He basically was a watered down Bernie Sanders.

    He has a one year track record. His governing record looks nothing like his rhetoric from 15 years ago. No tariffs, no socialized medicine, no assault weapons ban and no wealth tax. Maybe he should be evaluated on his actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    It is weird that he signed that tax bill. I wonder why.
    I don't know. Why? It was a good bill. Whatever his reason, good on him. I don't see a need to psychoanalyze if the results are good.

  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Focusing on policy...

    Go
    A standard "generic" democrat would be openly hostile to my line of work.

    Trump has, or is willing to, roll back many restrictions and Obama era regulations that will make it easier and more profitable for my line of work to remain productive, profitable and myself to remain steadily employed.

  34. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    The real question is how is he any different than Ross Perot?
    Got elected.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  35. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    We need a thread... Explain to me how Trump Differs From The Generic Libertarian like Bob Barr or Gary Johnson.
    Johnson definitely was not a fan of civil liberties.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2017, 05:40 PM
  2. Someone please explain - Trump a patsy?
    By Son_of_Liberty90 in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-26-2016, 09:35 PM
  3. Donald Trump Is A Democrat (operative)
    By juleswin in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 08-26-2015, 07:31 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 06:23 PM
  5. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •