Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44

Thread: Yet another SWATing

  1. #1

    Default Yet another SWATing

    http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...192081124.html
    “A male came to the front door, as he came to the front door, one of our officers discharged his weapon,” Livingston said.
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...duty-swatting/

    “They call it swatting,” says grieving Wichita mother after son killed by police


    Family says son killed by police in ‘swatting’ was unarmed, didn’t play video games

    Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...#storylink=cpy
    “The police said, ‘Come out with your hands up,’” she said. “(The officer) took me, my roommate and my granddaughter, who witnessed the shooting and had to step over her dying uncle’s body.”

    The family was handcuffed, taken outside and placed into separate police cruisers, she said. They were taken downtown and interviewed by Wichita police officers.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    It was very stupid of the guy who made the call but I still blame the goons. They don't have to pull the trigger at every slight perception of "fear". I'm quite sick of them saying how they "feared for their life". Grow some balls mr goon! There are some "rules of engagement" that say don't fire until fired upon. It's about time the goons take that to heart. You can only discharge your weapon when someone is shooting at you.

    If they do this, watch the innocent death count drop to zero...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

    Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

    Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

  4. #3

    Default

    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  5. #4

    Default

    Sick.

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The gamer may be a scumbag,, but he is right.

    He is guilty of a false police report. and a poor human being.

    The Police that rushed to an innocent mans death,, and delivered the bullet are guilty of murder.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Sick.
    Very sick but goons still need to only shoot when someone is shooting at them...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

    Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

    Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

  8. #7

    Default

    “They (police) had to take the screen door as evidence.”
    The seized screen door will be forensically analyzed, interrogated, and compelled to confess its role in this unfortunate death.
    "Even an establishment Republican like Jerry Moran is far more libertarian you are." Traditional Conservative

    "You're a far more horrible person than she (Bristol Palin) will ever be." angelatc

  9. #8

    Default

    Does anyone know how the Officers are doing? I would like to reassure @TheTexan as to their wellbeing.

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Does anyone know how the Officers are doing? I would like to reassure @TheTexan as to their wellbeing.
    On Vacation,, paid.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Does anyone know how the Officers are doing? I would like to reassure @TheTexan as to their wellbeing.
    It really is a tragedy that these Officers had to go through this terrible ordeal, because of some prank call.

    But that's why they're Heroes.

    They shoot innocent people, so we don't have to.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  12. #11

    Default

    Lawsuits. Multiple lawsuits.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  13. #12

    Default

    MEH.
    PUT HIS BONES ON THE PILE...




    ...it's getting kinda BIG

    Please tell me why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).

    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide


    ^THAT^

    Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Very sick but goons still need to only shoot when someone is shooting at them...
    without a good reason.
    Most should surrender and let justice be done upon them.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  15. #14

    Default

    Any person that uses the 50 some year low police death statistic for proof that policing is not dangerous is just wrong. The reason police deaths are so low is because of the intense officer training the LEO must undergo nowadays.

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    The seized screen door will be forensically analyzed, interrogated, and compelled to confess its role in this unfortunate death.
    We saw how that worked so well at Waco.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  17. #16

    Default

    In a couple of forums I read that are infested by LEOs, with shootings like this and Daniel Shaver one, and the Prescott boy in San Antonio --

    they have taken to saying something along the lines of "well, it's not what I would call a 'good' shoot, but it was a legal one.' "

    Yes, it is legal. Legal murder (or at least manslaughter). And that needs to change.

    However, you'll never hear any congress critters or state legislators discussing this sort of thing, and the changes that need to be made.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Any person that uses the 50 some year low police death statistic for proof that policing is not dangerous is just wrong. The reason police deaths are so low is because of the intense officer training the LEO must undergo nowadays.
    Bull$hit.

    Doubt it is in the top 20 dangerous professions in reality. But I have done several in the top 10.

    and I have never had to kill anyone. I've disarmed a few. and kept some alive.. even though it was not my profession.

    There is NO Excuse to shoot an unarmed person. Ever.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

    There is NO Excuse to shoot an unarmed person. Ever.
    let me repeat that

    and keep repeating it
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Any person that uses the 50 some year low police death statistic for proof that policing is not dangerous is just wrong. The reason police deaths are so low is because of the intense officer training the LEO must undergo nowadays.
    Policing is NOT dangerous. Not even close to some of the jobs I have done in comparison. These statistics merely echo what has been said before. There is no War on Cops. The profession is not even close to being the most dangerous.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Any person that uses the 50 some year low police death statistic for proof that policing is not dangerous is just wrong. The reason police deaths are so low is because of the intense officer training the LEO must undergo nowadays.
    Police work is not inherently dangerous. Statistically speaking, a roofer or a plumber or a garbageman is at much greater risk of death and injury, not to mention the top deadly jobs, fishermen, miners, lumbermen and pilots and the risks they face daily, than a cop.

    However, you are quite right in that the number of deaths are down due to intense training.

    Very, very right.

    Cops are being intensively trained, to understand and know the following:



    Cops are at war.

    That cops returning home safe from the battlefield is priority number one.

    That we the people, are not citizens to be protected and served and our rights and dignity upheld, but are, in fact, enemy combatants, to be viewed with suspicion and scorn, and to be "neutralized" if we so much as raise a finger in any form of resistance, defiance or non compliance.

    That, under the Circular Force Continuum, all one needs to do, as a cop who has just blown away some hapless, unarmed Mundane, is to recite the "get out of jail free" phrase: "I feared for my safety". That gives almost total and complete legal protection from any retribution or prosecution or reprimands. You don't even need to risk planting a "drop piece" on the body anymore. In fact, that might rarely get you in real trouble. Learn the magic phrase and keep it as rule number one.




    Now, if I had the legal authority to blow away every $#@! that does so much as cut a loud fart around me, I'd live a pretty "safe" life as well.

    $#@! a bunch of trigger happy, hut hutting, murderous $#@! cops

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Any person that uses the 50 some year low police death statistic for proof that policing is not dangerous is just wrong. The reason police deaths are so low is because of the intense officer training the LEO must undergo nowadays.

    Sarcasm? I certainly hope so.
    Chris

    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." — Benjamin Franklin

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    I was a minarchist, but I ran out of excuses.

  23. #22

  24. #23

    Default

    A 25-year-old man in California has been arrested over an alleged hoax 911 call that led to police killing an unarmed man in Kansas on Thursday night, authorities said.
    Tyler Barriss from South Los Angeles was arrested on a fugitive warrant Friday afternoon for allegedly making the so-called "swatting" call, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
    The Wichita Police Department in Kansas is working with the Los Angeles Police Department as well as the FBI on this case. Among the lines of inquiry investigators are pursuing is whether the 911 call was connected to an online-gaming dispute, police said.
    Barriss is the same man who allegedly called in a bomb threat to ABC station KABC in 2015, which led to an evacuation of the Los Angeles television station, according to the Glendale Police Department in Los Angeles County. Barriss received a two-year sentence, court records show.
    "Barris served time after being charged by state authorities in Los Angeles for making threats and was released earlier this year," the FBI said in a statement, but did not directly link the sentence to the KABC bomb threat.
    Thursday's incident began around 6:18 p.m. Central Time when police received a 911 call about an alleged shooting with hostages at a residence in Wichita, Kansas. The caller told authorities he had shot his father in the head while his parents were arguing, police said. The caller also said he was holding his other family members at gunpoint inside the home and was thinking about setting the house on fire, police said.
    The Wichita Police Department released audio of the phone call between the individual and the 911 dispatcher.
    "They were arguing and I shot him in the head and he's not breathing anymore," the caller says.
    "I'm just pointing the gun at them, making sure they stay in the closet, my mom and my little brother," he says. "I already poured gasoline all over the house. I might just set it on fire."
    The caller repeatedly gave authorities his alleged home address, leading Wichita police officers to the house

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  25. #24

    Default

    This rat bastard will serve as an excellent diversion and cover for the rat bastard that pulled the trigger.
    "Even an establishment Republican like Jerry Moran is far more libertarian you are." Traditional Conservative

    "You're a far more horrible person than she (Bristol Palin) will ever be." angelatc

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    This rat bastard will serve as an excellent diversion and cover for the rat bastard that pulled the trigger.
    Seems that is the direction it's taking.

    and that is decidedly sad
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Police work is not inherently dangerous. Statistically speaking, a roofer or a plumber or a garbageman is at much greater risk of death and injury, not to mention the top deadly jobs, fishermen, miners, lumbermen and pilots and the risks they face daily, than a cop.

    However, you are quite right in that the number of deaths are down due to intense training.

    Very, very right.

    Cops are being intensively trained, to understand and know the following:



    Cops are at war.

    That cops returning home safe from the battlefield is priority number one.

    That we the people, are not citizens to be protected and served and our rights and dignity upheld, but are, in fact, enemy combatants, to be viewed with suspicion and scorn, and to be "neutralized" if we so much as raise a finger in any form of resistance, defiance or non compliance.

    That, under the Circular Force Continuum, all one needs to do, as a cop who has just blown away some hapless, unarmed Mundane, is to recite the "get out of jail free" phrase: "I feared for my safety". That gives almost total and complete legal protection from any retribution or prosecution or reprimands. You don't even need to risk planting a "drop piece" on the body anymore. In fact, that might rarely get you in real trouble. Learn the magic phrase and keep it as rule number one.




    Now, if I had the legal authority to blow away every $#@! that does so much as cut a loud fart around me, I'd live a pretty "safe" life as well.

    $#@! a bunch of trigger happy, hut hutting, murderous $#@! cops
    Now why not tell us how you really feel???
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

    Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

    Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Now why not tell us how you really feel???
    Hey CA....

    I just caught you on yesterday's replay of FTL.

    Good job!

    Are you a frequent caller?
    "Even an establishment Republican like Jerry Moran is far more libertarian you are." Traditional Conservative

    "You're a far more horrible person than she (Bristol Palin) will ever be." angelatc

  29. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Hey CA....

    I just caught you on yesterday's replay of FTL.

    Good job!

    Are you a frequent caller?
    I used to call all the time but the last couple of years I've tapered off. Been calling them for over 10 years. I've got to claim a little credit for guiding Ian and Mark along their progression towards "Christian Anarchy". Mark has a way to go yet but Ian is pretty much there but he hates the term "anarchist" and prefers "voluntarist"... It's just semantics. He's actually an anarchist.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

    Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

    Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I used to call all the time but the last couple of years I've tapered off. Been calling them for over 10 years. I've got to claim a little credit for guiding Ian and Mark along their progression towards "Christian Anarchy". Mark has a way to go yet but Ian is pretty much there but he hates the term "anarchist" and prefers "voluntarist"... It's just semantics. He's actually an anarchist.
    Very cool.

    Ian has to be the most formidable debater I've ever seen. I disagree with him on a few issues such as immigration and such, but I sense that he plays the devil's advocate on many issues and he can skilfully defend any argument.
    "Even an establishment Republican like Jerry Moran is far more libertarian you are." Traditional Conservative

    "You're a far more horrible person than she (Bristol Palin) will ever be." angelatc

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Very cool.

    Ian has to be the most formidable debater I've ever seen. I disagree with him on a few issues such as immigration and such, but I sense that he plays the devil's advocate on many issues and he can skilfully defend any argument.
    I have straightened him (and Mark) out a time or two. I download and keep all the episodes where I call in. I used to download every show but that got to be too much to keep up with so I quit a few years back. Still have everything I've downloaded...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

    Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

    Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Check this link out....are MSNBC swating their own fingers?
    By theswedishchef in forum Florida Debate
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •