Thread: Diatomaceous Earth: All UR Toxins R Belong to US!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Diatomaceous Earth: All UR Toxins R Belong to US!

Food Grade DE (cheap! 2lbs/$9)
    Been taking a heaping teaspoon in my coffee each morning for over a month now...

my report:
    feel 'better'
    less sleep needed
    more energy

my test:
    stopped for 4 days and 'felt' the difference
    back on and benefits resumed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How Diatomaceous Earth Works:

When Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade) is taken into the body it starts working in 3 different ways:

1st:

As it moves through the stomach and digestive tract, it attracts and absorbs bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals. These toxins are trapped and passed out of the body. In addition, any larger parasites that happen to be in the stomach or digestive tract are killed by the D.E. All of these activities result in a much healthier body with less sickness. We often hear the phrase “I just feel better” with our DE users. This better feeling comes from all the “junk” being removed from the body and by giving our immune system the “jump start” it needs.

2nd:

Diatomaceous Earth is very hard. On the hardness scale where diamonds are a 9, DE is a 7. This is very important, because as those millions of tiny hard and sharp DE cylinders pass through the small and large intestines, they “scrub” the walls. After only a few months of taking DE, the intestine wall is no longer coated with mucus and molds but CLEAN!! The advantages of this are:
    1. Regular bowel movements (This is the #1 comment everyone makes about DE)
    2. Healthier Colon. This is especially important as we get older. A clean healthy colon keeps away polyps, cancers, and ulcers. Today, many are spending thousands of dollars to get colonics to do the same thing as DE does. Many users report increased energy and needing less sleep. This is a result of all the food and nutrients that are taken in being better absorbed into the blood stream. With a coated colon–many nutrients never get absorbed.

3rd:

A small amount of Diatomaceous Earth gets absorbed into the blood stream as silica. One of the benefits of Silica is that it helps to destroy bad fats. Everyone that we know that is taking DE has lowered their cholesterol by 40-50 points. Everyone is also amazed at how their high blood pressure goes down.
    The benefits of silica are many. In today’s grains, there is actually a shortage of silica. Years ago, the silica found in our foodstuffs was adequate, but with today’s hybrids and depleted soils, only about 1/3 of the silica needed is supplied in our food. DE is a simple and inexpensive way to get the silica your body needs.

The intake of silica through DE can help you in many ways:

1. Lower High Blood Pressure!

2. Lower High Cholesterol! –
    Most are reporting 40-60 points lower after only 2 weeks on DE.

3. Sore joints feeling better –
    Osteoporosis is a symptom of the aging process. As calcium in our body system depletes, our bones become brittle and weak. Taking only a calcium supplement can not correct or stop this threatening and crippling disease because the body cannot assimilate and make use of the calcium without the presence of silica. Evidence suggests that, instead of affecting healing, supplemental mineral calcium, on the contrary, accelerates the leaching away of bone calcium and thus hastens the degenerative process of osteoporosis and similar diseases that affect the supportive and connective tissues in the human body. For osteoporosis, silica can stop the pain and even restore the bodies’ self repair process. Silica is responsible for the depositing of minerals into the bones, especially calcium. It speeds up the healing of fractures and also reduces scarring at the site of a fracture. Even when calcium is insufficient, the body can turn silica into calcium that the bones need.

4. Healthier skin –
    Overseas, DE is used extensively as a health and beauty product for hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints. Tissue degeneration accelerates due to aging when connective tissue develops an increasing inability to retain moisture when left unassisted. Silica can help slow the degenerative process of connective tissue. With silica, vitality and life, which are often lost as the years accumulate, can be naturally maintained or even restored to your skin. Collagen, largely made up of silica, is the glue that holds us together. If our body has enough silica, the collagen will make us look younger. Silica helps with skin problems and injuries including itching, rashes, abscesses, boils, acne, calluses, warts, eczemas, burns, frostbite, benign skin sores, insect bites and bed sores. If you regularly follow a silica regimen, your skin will keep its young look.

5. Hair That Grows! –

Hair is nature’s greatest beauty enhancer. Hair deserves to be pampered. Hair at 90 micrograms per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100 micrograms per gram. Silica is a major component of hair. Using a good silica supplement (such as DE) should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.

6. Teeth and Gums!

– Hardening the enamel, silica prevents cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also prevents bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession that causes the loosening of teeth, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss. Silica effectively fights ulceration and the decay of bones and teeth and also lessens inflammation.

7. Toughens nails –

Your nail plates are complex protein structures that grow four to five millimeters per month on average. With silica supplementation, fragile nails become normal within a short period of time. Silica will beautify the appearance of your nails and improve their hardness, making them shinier and less prone to breaking.

More Benefits!

Silica lowers bad cholesterol and raises good. Silica fades age spots. Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels. DE has a negative charge and bacteria have a positive charge. It is believed that it sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in its honeycomb shaped skeletal form. Silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis. It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
    Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects.
    Cancer can not survive in cells that have the correct levels of Silica.
    Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
    Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
    The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
    Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues. In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
    Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
    The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.
    Has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odor binding effects.
    Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
    Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
    Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
    Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart’s key blood vessel thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk.
    Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis.
    By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
    Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
    Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimers disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues. Silica can stimulate the immune system.

Dosage: Take 1-2 tablespoons per day mixed in some kind of liquid or food. There is no unpleasant taste. Since it will not dissolve, stirring several times while drinking will prevent settling. Some have experienced higher energy levels, so it is probably better not to take it right before sleeping. No worry about getting too much–any excess silica not needed by the body is automatically eliminated through the blood stream, kidneys and intestines.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 12-28-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Pro Tip 2: If you have plastic headlights that have aged less-than-gracefully, you can totally use this stuff to buff them out. My Tacoma's headlights are super clear again. Totally makes the purchase worthwhile. You can even make yourself a nice cold glass of long-dead-diatom-infused water to enjoy while you're making those headlights shine. Just know where the bathroom is.

UPDATE: Today is 7/21/15. It's been about 7 weeks since I first used D.E. I figured I would need to reapply it after a heavy rain or every few weeks, but that has not been necessary at all. I dusted a few times around specific areas where I saw ants during the first week, but haven't used any since. I have not seen a single ant inside my house since May. This has been one of the most valuable purchases I've ever made on Amazon.
    Last edited by timosman; 12-28-2017 at 04:02 PM.

@timosman
    very versatile inorganic product 2 B sure.

I started this 'new' thread after reading the other 2 RPF threads.... cuz
    they evolved into 'the many uses for DE' type thread.

I want to really focus on the human health benefit this time around.

as an anecdote... (haha)
    for the first several days... you won't need to 'know where the bathroom is'..
    but that goes away pretty quickly and you're back to 'normal' in no time.

I'm definitely encouraging others to try and report back...
    ESPECIALLY if you're using some kind of nutritional regiment to 'treat' a malady.. like juicing/vegan/raw food etc.
    why?
    cuz think how much MORE benefit you would get from your regime
    if
    your intestinal wall is cleansed and able to absorb nutrients.
    Just makes sense to 'add' this cheap effective element to what you're already doing.
    imo.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 12-28-2017 at 04:20 PM.

for instance... compare the simplicity of DE

to something like the 'Gerson' therapy..

to achieve the intestinal wall 'cleanse'...
    you are doing 'coffee' enemas 3X or more per day...
    then drinking carrot juice by the gallon

(full gerson for treating cancer = taking a thyroid supplement to 'elevate' your body temp to 99.5-100F for several weeks as well. )

Just sayin.. if yer over 50... it's a pretty pain free way for preventive maintenance and more mojo.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 12-28-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Understand I'm not bashing DE or denying it works. I can find every position to be imagined regarding DE, but you and others are saying it has helped you and I'm not even going to argue against that. But, I did want to point out one thing that I hope is wrong because if not, it is not a benefit and something to be mindful of.

If DE does in fact remove E.Coli from your bowels, that is not good. As bad as infections E.Coli can cause in a person, in the gut it serves a purpose as with all microbial life. E.Coli aids in breaking waste down, but it's main benefit is the way they live on the lining in our intestines. It causes them to basically put up no vacancy signs, as with E.Coli there it leaves no room for other bacteria and viruses to do the same. I know it's crazy, but as bad as E.Coli is it's one of the good guys in our bowels and helps prevent infections.

And if it's removing intestinal mucus (which with the way DE breaks down, I see where it does) that isn't good. It's there to help protect the intestinal wall, aids bowel movement, and helps keeps stool soft since your intestinal wall is getting all the water it still can from the stool. And if it can keep it's abrasive characteristics once absorbed into the blood stream then it could also push mucus out from other areas of the body. Our bodies produce a lot of mucus for lubricant.

Like I said, I'm not knocking it. Just pointing out depending on how effectively it does the above two, might be worth looking into ways to help maintaining large gut bacteria (I guess like probiotics?) and keeping yourself well hydrated to get as much as you can in mucus creation to be sure you're replacing what you lost.

That said, please keep us updated. If you don't mind, what made you try it? I'm guessing fatigue going off of your "report"? I'm curious. And also thankful of your control by stopping for a few days as well.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Understand I'm not bashing DE or denying it works. I can find every position to be imagined regarding DE, but you and others are saying it has helped you and I'm not even going to argue against that. But, I did want to point out one thing that I hope is wrong because if not, it is not a benefit and something to be mindful of.

If DE does in fact remove E.Coli from your bowels, that is not good. As bad as infections E.Coli can cause in a person, in the gut it serves a purpose as with all microbial life. E.Coli aids in breaking waste down, but it's main benefit is the way they live on the lining in our intestines. It causes them to basically put up no vacancy signs, as with E.Coli there it leaves no room for other bacteria and viruses to do the same. I know it's crazy, but as bad as E.Coli is it's one of the good guys in our bowels and helps prevent infections.

And if it's removing intestinal mucus (which with the way DE breaks down, I see where it does) that isn't good. It's there to help protect the intestinal wall, aids bowel movement, and helps keeps stool soft since your intestinal wall is getting all the water it still can from the stool. And if it can keep it's abrasive characteristics once absorbed into the blood stream then it could also push mucus out from other areas of the body. Our bodies produce a lot of mucus for lubricant.

Like I said, I'm not knocking it. Just pointing out depending on how effectively it does the above two, might be worth looking into ways to help maintaining large gut bacteria (I guess like probiotics?) and keeping yourself well hydrated to get as much as you can in mucus creation to be sure you're replacing what you lost.

That said, please keep us updated. If you don't mind, what made you try it? I'm guessing fatigue going off of your "report"? I'm curious. And also thankful of your control by stopping for a few days as well.
    I'm learning more as I go as to why/how it works (your input is helpful as well to 'understand'/sort out.. thank you).

I had a conversation yesterday w/ a life-long friend/diabetic since early 20's now 57 y.o.
    He's an amazing person and has fought for his health now for 30 plus years and consequently very analytical/savy.
    His body is struggling now.... slowly 'losing' the battle... almost blind.. but still he fights and fights hard.
    His autonomic nervous system is degrading as well... think ALS/Lou Gehrig disease.

He read through what I wrote (is now doing DE also btw) and corrected/embellished on a few things I did not know/understand.

I'll do my best here to pass on his comments.

The DE benefits primarily the upper intestines not the lower. Big difference I did not understand to distinguish.

The Gerson Therapy/coffee enemas were developed for/serve only the lower intestinal tract.
    The caffeine 'spasm's' the bile ducts (hundreds) which 'trigger' the liver to 'filter' the blood.
    In a 20 minute period (if you can 'hold' it... hahaha) the liver will cycle a 'wash' of your blood 6-7 times.

Also, the lower tract primarily acts to 'de-water' the 'diarrhea' you produce (so you shiit 'logs').. just being blunt.

He maintains the DE (as above) would work/benefit/impact the upper intestinal walls 'only'/primary...
    where the nutrient-to-blood transfer occurs.

Your 'point' regarding the e-coli is a good one but I think that's a lower intestinal function.. right?

Still sorting this stuff/appreciate your continued thoughts.

cheers.

also.. just re-read your post...
    It's important to understand that the DE doesn't really 'break down' all that much.

You can literally put the stuff into a 10-20% solution of HCL and it just sits there... same with NaOH.
    That would be because it is primarily silica based, not calcium based.
    This is from my own experience using it as a filter aid during my mining/chemistry days.
    It is VERY 'non-reactive' to PH... acid or alkaline.

It's impact on 'e-coli' may be a completely wrong assumption
    in extolling it's 'benefits'.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 01-07-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    I'm learning more as I go as to why/how it works (your input is helpful as well to 'understand'/sort out.. thank you).

I had a conversation yesterday w/ a life-long friend/diabetic since early 20's now 57 y.o.
    He's an amazing person and has fought for his health now for 30 plus years and consequently very analytical/savy.
    His body is struggling now.... slowly 'losing' the battle... almost blind.. but still he fights and fights hard.
    His autonomic nervous system is degrading as well... think ALS/Lou Gehrig disease.

He read through what I wrote (is now doing DE also btw) and corrected/embellished on a few things I did not know/understand.

I'll do my best here to pass on his comments.

The DE benefits primarily the upper intestines not the lower. Big difference I did not understand to distinguish.

The Gerson Therapy/coffee enemas were developed for/serve only the lower intestinal tract.
    The caffeine 'spasm's' the bile ducts (hundreds) which 'trigger' the liver to 'filter' the blood.
    In a 20 minute period (if you can 'hold' it... hahaha) the liver will cycle a 'wash' of your blood 6-7 times.

Also, the lower tract primarily acts to 'de-water' the 'diarrhea' you produce (so you shiit 'logs').. just being blunt.

He maintains the DE (as above) would work/benefit/impact the upper intestinal walls 'only'/primary...
    where the nutrient-to-blood transfer occurs.

Your 'point' regarding the e-coli is a good one but I think that's a lower intestinal function.. right?

Still sorting this stuff/appreciate your continued thoughts.

cheers.

also.. just re-read your post...
    It's important to understand that the DE doesn't really 'break down' all that much.

You can literally put the stuff into a 10-20% solution of HCL and it just sits there... same with NaOH.
    That would be because it is primarily silica based, not calcium based.
    This is from my own experience using it as a filter aid during my mining/chemistry days.
    It is VERY 'non-reactive' to PH... acid or alkaline.

It's impact on 'e-coli' may be a completely wrong assumption
    in extolling it's 'benefits'.
    Very informative. Thanks.

Full disclosure....my interest lies in the fact it seems your interest lies in dealing with chronic fatigue. Is that correct?

I ask because I'm also dealing with chronic fatigue. Ironically, this is a complaint seeming to be really prevalent among men ages 40+ nowadays. My wife sees many patients complaining of it from all walks of life. Some are overweight, some "under" weight, some are heavy exercisers, some work in offices, some outside, ect. Point being, they can't seem to find any particular thing these people share that could be a possible link.

After talking about it with my wife and her looking into it t o make sure she didn't see anything that could potentially hurt me....I ordered some myself to try. I'm also a coffee drinker (lol....I got a Kuerig for Christmas and a $#@! load of Dunkin Doughnuts Original Blend cups), so my wife will make my morning cup for me and like you, add it to that. I mention that because she'll eventually give me my coffee WITHOUT it to see how I do with and without (but with me not knowing when she isn't to test for "placebo").

So I'll add to your thread with my results as well.

Thanks for bringing this up., sincerely.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Full disclosure....my interest lies in the fact it seems your interest lies in dealing with chronic fatigue. Is that correct?

I ask because I'm also dealing with chronic fatigue. Ironically, this is a complaint seeming to be really prevalent among men ages 40+ nowadays. My wife sees many patients complaining of it from all walks of life. Some are overweight, some "under" weight, some are heavy exercisers, some work in offices, some outside, ect. Point being, they can't seem to find any particular thing these people share that could be a possible link.

After talking about it with my wife and her looking into it t o make sure she didn't see anything that could potentially hurt me....I ordered some myself to try. I'm also a coffee drinker (lol....I got a Kuerig for Christmas and a $#@! load of Dunkin Doughnuts Original Blend cups), so my wife will make my morning cup for me and like you, add it to that. I mention that because she'll eventually give me my coffee WITHOUT it to see how I do with and without (but with me not knowing when she isn't to test for "placebo").

Here is my latest update for you since your gonna go for it

Best time: Take 1st thing in morning before eating (so it doesn't just 'spend' itself by absorbing nutrients from your food)
    Best way: heaping tsp/tbs into 2-3 oz of ice cold water.. chug it. Done.
    Have your coffee/tea whatever... 20 min.. then food ok.

You could also be dealing with adrenal fatigue.

References:
    https://draxe.com/3-steps-to-heal-adrenal-fatigue/
    https://drwillcole.com/15-ways-to-he...gue-naturally/
    http://naturalsociety.com/adrenal-fa...recovery-tips/

Also here is some good info about chronic fatigue:
    https://draxe.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

@Intoxiklown

Peristalsis is a series of muscle contractions. These contractions occur in your digestive tract.

So... I spoke w/ my good friend again.. same one who is 57.. fighting the latter stages of diabetes.. legally blind.. a cataract in one eye..
    as above

He ordered/received 10lbs of DE... but had not begun any use till a couple days ago.
    why?
    Basically, he was on different medications and 'regimes' for different issues
    and he didn't want to introduce something 'new' to the equation
    cuz he then couldn't identify
    what was benefiting and what wasn't. Makes sense.

Anyway, he was eating primarily just soups cuz of his digestive functions breaking down.
    (He has given me permission to share)

As above... his autonomic nervous system is 'shutting down'...
    these are the involuntary actions your body performs (like breathing)
    that you don't have to 'think' about.

One of those 'systems' is your peristalsis which performs to 'move' your 'solids'
    through your lower intestinal tract until you finally get the 'feeling'
    and 'decide' to take a dump.

His peristalsis had begun to shut down... his 'belly' was bloating.
    His only 'remedy' was the coffee enemas in the mornings.

So...
    He took his first 2 'doses' of DE last week.

That afternoon following,
    he had his first real shiit in 10 days.

He told his doctors and they're scratching their collective heads trying to figure out 'why'.

I have no idea and neither does he.

---------

I might just add this is an individual who is definitely NOT 'out of shape'.
    He's an amazing person.. built 5 'outbuildings' himself on his property in SC in the last several years..
    and was running a 1000 bird chicken farm with his wife.
    Here's his pic w/ Lula his 'baby'.

Last edited by goldenequity; 01-28-2018 at 11:15 AM.

It fixed a flea infestation at my house this year.

I put a combined DE and bentonite clay in my smoothie about every other day. I can tell when I go too long without using it. I buy mine at "tractor supply" it is food grade it comes in 10lb bags and is very reasonably priced.. I use it for many things not just my gut health. I give it to all my animals. Bentonite clay absorbs heavy metals and draws out toxins.

All I have to do to get some e-coli is visit my daughter-in law and eat some of her cooking. I go about once a week. (don't tell her I said this please if you happen to know her). She is very clean but every time I eat her food my e-coli gets out of balance. I eat a lot of yogurt though but my DiL makes a lot of deserts and insists that I try it. I only eat small amounts she knows I don't like eating stuff with sugar she uses the very best ingredients available but it still gives that e-coli that extra push.

any updates?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    any updates?
    For you ? I say just eat a couple Palouse Earthworms ea morning with your coffee .

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    any updates?
    here's a bump as a tribute to my (above) good friend Alex...

He's struggling now but he STILL shines bright

(from 2015)

He built a 'Cajun Microwave' some years back....
    and this past weekend 'supervised' a pig roast party w/ some neighbors.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.