Thread: Ripple XRP

Ripple XRP

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Ripple is way up today also. As a comparison when it comes to technology, excuse the large graphic.

Combine that with bank's and card issuers like Amex adopting the Ripple tech I would expect a surge. Japan and South Korea banks are testing the tech this week. If all goes well they will adopt Ripple this spring.
    So Ripple is a private company and XRP is their cryptocurrency? Seems like they have some technical advantages over the others.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So Ripple is a private company and XRP is their cryptocurrency? Seems like they have some technical advantages over the others.
    1500 TPS? Is that in millions?

Any opinions on Ripple?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Any opinions on Ripple?
    As I understand it, it's centralized and the coins are premined, so it would be like if Google made their own crypto and sold it. That would be something that seems it could be taken over easily, like in devil21's crypto conspiracy theory predictions.

I like the idea of decentralized crypto currency more, but I bought some a few years ago as a hedge and I don't mind them competing in the marketplace of crypto..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Any opinions on Ripple?
    Fred G. Sanford likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    As I understand it, it's centralized and the coins are premined, so it would be like if Google made their own crypto and sold it. That would be something that seems it could be taken over easily, like in devil21's crypto conspiracy theory predictions.

I like the idea of decentralized crypto currency more, but I bought some a few years ago as a hedge and I don't mind them competing in the marketplace of crypto..
    Premined...hmm. Can a crypto be completely mined? Is there anything that would stop them from creating more?

Apparently there are only 4 servers that control the flow of Ripple. One server went down and made the whole network FUBAR until it was fixed.

https://medium.com/@slinafirinne/on-...k-a1655e8d636d

At approximately 9.21pm EST I transferred 550 XRP from my wallet to the Binance exchange. My wallet said the transaction was successful, but no transaction ID was provided to me. When I looked on the exchange, there was no pending transaction either. At the time, the coins that vanished without a trace were worth approximately $1200.

I was not the only person to encounter this issue. I assume 25% of Ripple deposits failed last night, but I could be wrong there. Lots of folks posted about similar instances on the /r/Ripple community as well.

So what happened?

According to the ToastWallet creator, one of Ripple’s servers, s2.ripple.com was experiencing issues and was down. It looks like my transaction went to this server, and that’s why my coins went missing.

The Ripple network did not re-route my request to the other 3 available servers: s1, s3, & s4.ripple.com. Instead, it waited for s2 to become available again and process the missing transactions. Ripple informed my wallet that the transaction was successful, but I had no transaction ID and I couldn’t see evidence of the transaction anywhere. It was as if the coins, and my money, just vanished.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any opinions on Ripple?
    Can't wait to see the inlaw tomorrow. told him on Christmas eve that ripple was probably due to be the next big gain since its the bankers coin. He was playing the crypto market without understanding it all, I expect to be greeted with a big smile tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Can't wait to see the inlaw tomorrow. told him on Christmas eve that ripple was probably due to be the next big gain since its the bankers coin. He was playing the crypto market without understanding it all, I expect to be greeted with a big smile tomorrow.

My small ripple holdings are now worth 10 times what I got in at. I'm smilin'!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I thought Ripple was the banker coin. Meaning, its not that decentralized, non traceable entity crypto is trying to solve... but rather, the bankers entry into the fray.
    Though, my knowledge is rather sparse in relation to crypto.

Ripple is centralized. but it uses cryptography like bitcoin.

Ripplie is not minable. Ripple owns 60% of the supply. Ripple is like the FED. Ripple can decide everything.

People buy Ripple coins as a hedge or for gains.

Ripple is a solid scam worth investing a few dollars. i have a few grands.

years ago I got 2000 Ripple through one of their faucets. I'm glad I held
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Ripple is centralized. but it uses cryptography like bitcoin.

Ripplie is not minable. Ripple owns 60% of the supply. Ripple is like the FED. Ripple can decide everything.

People buy Ripple coins as a hedge or for gains.

Ripple is a solid scam worth investing a few dollars. i have a few grands.
    If they have 60% of the volume that doesn't mean they can determine the price. They could, for a while. If the volume can't be changed it is definitely a whole other institution than the FED. If people however trust this company, then I would say this reserve over half of the volume is pretty decent.
    "I am a bird"

XRP getting some attention today due to Musk’s talk about energy use. XRP still look good?

XRP getting some attention today due to Musk’s talk about energy use. XRP still look good?
    moneygram had an agreement with ripple to handle international value movement, they are no longer working together after the SEC problems. Not sure if they will come back into the good graces of their previous partners. Real world usage is important for older coins like XRP

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    XRP is slightly tricky right now. With the SEC holding their great stage act, some exchanges aren't allowing you to buy/sell XRP.
    However, I do think it has some upside. Now's just a matter of waiting for the court charade to end, which I assume it won't any time soon.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

How does one buy some XRP?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

1. VPN and use any exchange

2. Uphold and a handful of other exchanges still allowing US puchases

3. Ledger Nano + XRP toolkit

4. simpleswap.io from other cryptos.