Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Wife Has Leukemia

I'm so glad to hear your wife is doing so well. Here's hoping things continue along those lines for a very long time.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'm so glad to hear your wife is doing so well. Here's hoping things continue along those lines for a very long time.
    Thanks. I'm wrecked after the last six months. We needed some good news.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    How wonderful of her to share her joy with us. It's great to see her so positive and eager to jump back into life. So happy for you both.

Yeah, this kind of thing can be a truly devastating experience. I know that first hand. Our very best most positive wishes for many, many happy cancer free years to come.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't watch videos where I am, but it sounds like good news, so congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I can't watch videos where I am, but it sounds like good news, so congrats!!!
    Thank you. Outta rep. I need a bourbon and a nap. Like a 3 week nap.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I'm happy to hear things have improved, may GOD continue to bless you and yours.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Good to see your wife is doing well. Congrats.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I am so glad to hear this. Godspeed

Thank you. Outta rep. I need a bourbon and a nap. Like a 3 week nap.
    Can't help with the nap but have one on me.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-27-2018 at 12:02 PM.

This is fantastic news. She has been in prayers ever since I first heard about this.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Good morning RPF family...

I'm writing to let you all know that we just had the 6-month bone-marrow biopsy to test for any remaining leukemic cells. After 4 rounds of chemotherapy and a Stem Cell Transplant, the test shows that she has 0.0000 leukemic cells as of today. We have made it past the first 6-month hurdle, which is the highest risk for this leukemia, so we can breathe a little easier now. She will be taking chemo pills for the next two years, but at a low dose, so her hair has started to grow back! The daily struggle is hard. The meds she is still on kick her butt and make it very hard to eat still, but she is so damn tough. The doctors are happy and have eased back on some of the immuno-suppressants. Her immune system is still weak and she is still vulnerable to simple germs, much like a newborn baby, so all we need is time for her to build up antibodies and grow her natural immunities.

We will have another biopsy in 6 months or so, and do that until we hit the 3 year mark. If we can make it to 3 years, doctor says she can be cut loose and we have beaten this thing.

Thank you all again for your support, thoughts, and prayers.

- Diogenes of Sinope

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also, she had her PICC line removed from her arm! (Central Line IV) This is a huge deal! Taking care of that thing, flushing all three lines, preventing infection, etc., was a serious job so now that that is out, we can relax a little bit.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Great news! I am so thrilled to hear she is getting better with each passing day.

God Bless you all.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I know people love to give "modern medicine" a bad rap but we have had many patients beat leukemia and live many productive years. Yeah, the treatment is poison but that's what works. Killing those cancer cells. I've had prostate cancer and mine was solved by surgery but I've lived 5 years since that date and cancer free so I'm very happy with "modern medicine". Are there alternative remedies out there? No doubt there are but unless you have a provable track record you are gambling with your life on them (which everyone has the absolute right to do if they like)...

I'm very happy to hear that your outcome was a good one!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

So very happy for you and the kids. Modern medicine is God's work. But I also hope science some day these treatments will be viewed as barbaric. It must be so hard for you to see her struggle and be unable to shoulder her burden. Hugs to you all.

Wow. I'm just so happy for you right now. What a trial. I appreciate you staying with us and following up. Good news is hard to find but this is the best kinda news to revive mine, and possibly others, spirit. My eyes are kinda happily perspiring.

Yay! Awesome! #хорошо
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I only know you through the internet, but it does warm my heart to hear this.

Chester Copperpot

great news!

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is great news.
    She is a strong woman and you are a great husband.
    Big hugs to you and your family.

Thanks for the update with great news.

Wishing you and your family all the best.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Wish you all the best ! Thanksgiving will be here in three weeks .
    Do something Danke

That is good to hear, may GOD continue to bless you!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Good morning RPF family...

I'm writing to let you all know that we just had the 6-month bone-marrow biopsy to test for any remaining leukemic cells. After 4 rounds of chemotherapy and a Stem Cell Transplant, the test shows that she has 0.0000 leukemic cells as of today. We have made it past the first 6-month hurdle, which is the highest risk for this leukemia, so we can breathe a little easier now. She will be taking chemo pills for the next two years, but at a low dose, so her hair has started to grow back! The daily struggle is hard. The meds she is still on kick her butt and make it very hard to eat still, but she is so damn tough. The doctors are happy and have eased back on some of the immuno-suppressants. Her immune system is still weak and she is still vulnerable to simple germs, much like a newborn baby, so all we need is time for her to build up antibodies and grow her natural immunities.

We will have another biopsy in 6 months or so, and do that until we hit the 3 year mark. If we can make it to 3 years, doctor says she can be cut loose and we have beaten this thing.

Thank you all again for your support, thoughts, and prayers.
    This is the first I've seen of this. Sorry for the occurrence, glad for the outcome.

Bibi went through this in 2011. Stage IV breast cancer of a particularly aggressive form. Clean over seven years now.

I can well imagine what you went through. It's no fun watching someone you love go through this.

Send your girl my congratulations and fondest wishes for long, boring, and healthy life.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Thanks for the update. Wishing you and your wife well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Good morning RPF family. I haven't posted in quite a long time. After my wife's battle with leukemia, I sorta just stopped posting anywhere, and then twitter became a thing...

Anyway, my wife is doing well... so well. We are almost at the 5+ year mark from beating this thing. Life has certainly changed for us. Had to sell our house and move to pay for all this madness, but we are doing ok. Ended up moving to middle of nowhere north texas (Oklahoma border) and have a few acres to play around on with animals and gardens.

This whole experience has been surreal. My wife found her faith again. She was a lapsed Catholic, but through her whole ordeal, she kept doing the sign of the cross, praying, and found the strength to beat this thing... we've been going to a very traditional Catholic Church that still does the Latin Mass (against the Pope's demands to cease and desist)... I became very good friends with our priest. We hang out a couple times a week and share a beer and talk about God. Suffice it to say that I, too, am now Catholic.

I will try and post more often here.

To those of you who donated to us when we needed it... from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU. Not a single penny was wasted and every bit went to taking care of my wife and children.

God bless you all, RPF.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Good morning RPF family. I haven't posted in quite a long time. After my wife's battle with leukemia, I sorta just stopped posting anywhere, and then twitter became a thing...

Anyway, my wife is doing well... so well. We are almost at the 5+ year mark from beating this thing. Life has certainly changed for us. Had to sell our house and move to pay for all this madness, but we are doing ok. Ended up moving to middle of nowhere north texas (Oklahoma border) and have a few acres to play around on with animals and gardens.

This whole experience has been surreal. My wife found her faith again. She was a lapsed Catholic, but through her whole ordeal, she kept doing the sign of the cross, praying, and found the strength to beat this thing... we've been going to a very traditional Catholic Church that still does the Latin Mass (against the Pope's demands to cease and desist)... I became very good friends with our priest. We hang out a couple times a week and share a beer and talk about God. Suffice it to say that I, too, am now Catholic.

To those of you who donated to us when we needed it... from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU. Not a single penny was wasted and every bit went to taking care of my wife and children.

God bless you all, RPF.
    I have to admit, when I saw this thread bumped up, I dreaded the worst.

That is great news, sorry to hear about all the upheaval, but it sounds like you made the best of it.

Of course...Texas and all...if owned Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent Texas.

Seriously, I am glad to hear that.

I hate to speak for either of them, but if you wanted to pay some prayers forward, Phill4Paul and pcosmar could both use some right now.

Keep in touch.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

God bless you all, RPF.
    Great to hear that she has beat it. A friend of mine went through this with his wife, and it has been around 16 years since she had her first treatments. Leukemia can be beat. Moving is always an adventure in itself!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Good news.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast