Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Jersey Residents Threatened with Arrest and Fines for Possession of Raw Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I am not against choice.
    Not as an abstract or in certain specific cases maybe but in most cases you are.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well we have one bull$#@! artist who did a bull$#@! experiment for the Milk (tm) industry and we have a bunch of people who are lactose intolerant who say they can drink raw milk..

I know who I'm inclined to believe, and I also know who you are inclined to believe, even though your inclination is completely irrational.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well we have one bull$#@! artist who did a bull$#@! experiment for the Milk (tm) industry and we have a bunch of people who are lactose intolerant who say they can drink raw milk..

I know who I'm inclined to believe, and I also know who you are inclined to believe, even though your inclination is completely irrational.
    I tend to go with actual studies over online anecdotal reports. But that is just me. Your standards for proof may be different.

I tend to go with actual studies over online anecdotal reports. But that is just me. Your standards for proof may be different.
    Well the fact that I've seen so many bull$#@! studies that have been disproven, especially when it comes to profit motives like the Milk (tm) industry has, yes I suppose my standard of proof is much higher than yours.

Your only standard is whether it was published in a bull$#@! establishment journal that is probably being paid off, whereas my standard of proof extends far beyond that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I agree with most on this thread that people should be able to put parasite–ridden animal breast milk into their body, if that's what they really want to do.
    It's certainly more nutritious than the white water sold in the supermarkets..

But I think if most people knew the truth about dairy… both the health side of it, and what takes place before it gets to you, even on the so-called "humane" farms... they would ditch it ASAP.
    I know firsthand and love consuming both dairy and beef.

Even on the smaller farms, calves are taken away from their mother, usually on the first day of their life....Because we can't have the baby cow drinking our milk, can we? This separation is deeply distressful to both the mother and the baby. Then since the male calves are useless to the dairy industry, they are either killed immediately or they are raised for veal, meaning they will be put in a very small pen, not allowed to move so their muscles atrophy, and then of course they are killed at a young age so someone can satisfy their desire for baby flesh.
    Actually most dairy calf's are raised for either milk production or cut and raised for beef, very few are raised for veal and only a complete idiot would kill a calf that's worth money the moment it drops.

Please watch this video, the whole thing.
    Sorry Lily not gonna do it. I'm okay with folks who want to "protect" livestock buying all they can afford to keep and protecting the hell out of 'em...

I just wonder why they can't be okay with me consuming mine?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    It's certainly more nutritious than the white water sold in the supermarkets..
    I don't know what you mean by white water, but it's actually not. Numerous studies have shown the connection between a protein found in animal milk and certain types of cancer. Among other things.

Of course we've been inundated with so called studies that say dairy is healthy, but those studies have been shown to be funded by the dairy industry.

In fact, I highly recommend that everyone watch the documentary "What The Health" which shows the collusion between the animal industries and government.

Also, there's a reason why the majority of the worlds population is "lactose intolerant." I don't think it's difficult to figure out what that reason is.

Actually most dairy calf's are raised for either milk production or cut and raised for beef, very few are raised for veal and only a complete idiot would kill a calf that's worth money the moment it drops.
    Well, thankfully the demand for veal in the US has decreased in the last several years, but there is still a demand for veal in the world, so that is the fate of some of the male calfs.

Secondly, idiotic or not, some male calfs are killed as waste products of the dairy industry. Take a look:

Also, there's a demand for soft leather, so that's another reason why some male calfs have a very short life.

Sorry Lily not gonna do it. I'm okay with folks who want to "protect" livestock buying all they can afford to keep and protecting the hell out of 'em...

I just wonder why they can't be okay with me consuming mine?

You're not gonna what… watch the video? The reason I posted that is because I think everyone should at least be aware of what they are supporting. You said that you were, and it seems you don't have a problem with the calfs being taken away from their mother, so there's not much more I can say to you about this.

However, I think it's safe to say that many people who consume dairy are simply unaware of what happens, and if they saw some of what goes on, for example separating the baby from his mother, they would ditch dairy...especially when it's so easy to drink almond milk or numerous other types of plant-based milks. Why would they continue to drink something that has been linked to cancer and other health problems, often contains pus or parasites, and involves cruel and unnatural practices when there are so many good alternatives?
    Last edited by lilymc; 12-20-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12