Thread: FACEBOOK CAN NOW FIND YOUR FACE, EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT TAGGED

FACEBOOK CAN NOW FIND YOUR FACE, EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT TAGGED

Facebook just loosened the leash a little on its facial-recognition algorithms. Starting Tuesday, any time someone uploads a photo that includes what Facebook thinks is your face, you’ll be notified even if you weren’t tagged.The new feature rolled out to most of Facebook’s more than 2 billion global users this morning. It applies only to newly posted photos, and only those with privacy settings that make an image visible to you. Facebook users in Canada and the European Union are excluded. The social network doesn’t use facial-recognition technology in those regions, due to wariness from privacy regulators.Facebook has steadily expanded its use of facial recognition over the years. The company first offered the technology to users in late 2010, with a feature that suggests people to tag in photos. Backlash against the way users were automatically opted into that system is one reason Facebook’s algorithms are face blind in Canada and the EU today. Elsewhere, the company made new efforts to notify users, but left the feature essentially unchanged. In 2015, the company launched a photo-organization app called Moments that uses facial recognition to help you share photos with people in your snaps.https://www.wired.com/story/facebook...not-tagged/amp
    Last edited by Danke; 12-19-2017 at 02:12 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They cannot find my face .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    They cannot find my face .
    No need, y’all look alike.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    No need, y’all look alike.
    It is not easy being this handsome but somebody had to do it .

FACEBOOK CAN NOW FIND YOUR FACE, EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT TAGGED
    FALSE TITLE! They could already find your face. It's just that they didn't share that.

If you have nothing better to do, you can come help me finish that oven. IIRC Uncle Oyarde was gonna rent you out. Whats up with that ??
    "I am a bird"

I'm always tempted to tag pictures of my friends as Mike Hunt, Ben Dover, etc

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I'm always tempted to tag pictures of my friends as Mike Hunt, Ben Dover, etc

HB has already tagged your friend Ben...many times.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    HB has already tagged your friend Ben...many times.
    'Fraid not, spanky. Sorry to disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.