Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta airport shut down

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm sure it is because a homeless drug addict lit a fire somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm sure it is because a homeless drug addict lit a fire somewhere.
    or a wino.

]Suzanimal just turned on her Christmas yard display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnLQB_qlbwU

Last edited by Danke; 12-17-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Suzi, look what you done did.

Look at all the blocked planes not broadcasting flight information right now. MUCH more than normal...

+

+

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I like the Vicki Lawrence version.

Trivia: Bobby Russell was her first husband.

So apparently one flight did leave during the airport shutdown.

An Israeli cargo airplane (CAL Cargo Airlines)

Headed in direction of DC, with destination and flight path indicating Liege, Belgium.

A small Cessna with no call signs left a few minutes later, following the same direction.

Could be nothing. Or could be something.
    +

6 min ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

He is the master of trolling
    +

+

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    That, or people are being rounded up.

Or, maybe simply a fire in the basement.

Time will tell...
    +

10 days ago:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...training-drill

Atlanta Airport Fire? Just Smoke From a Drill, Officials Say

Authorities say a routine training exercise at the world's busiest airport in Atlanta produced a plume of heavy, dark smoke rising over the city and visible for miles.
    +

According to some very convincing religious calendar videos, the 7 year tribulation period of Revelation starts on the 19th. Just fyi.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

What do they say, practice makes perfect?

+

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    10 days ago:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...training-drill

Atlanta Airport Fire? Just Smoke From a Drill, Officials Say

Authorities say a routine training exercise at the world's busiest airport in Atlanta produced a plume of heavy, dark smoke rising over the city and visible for miles.
    Airports have mock-up aircraft that the fire departments use routinely. Fun to watch.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

+

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ai...minals-n830546

Atlanta airport loses power, trapping travelers in planes and terminals

ATLANTA — Flying home for the holidays was more of a headache than usual for those traveling through the Atlanta airport on Sunday.

Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta — the busiest airport in the world — lost power on Sunday reportedly leaving some passengers trapped in planes and inside the airport terminals.

By early evening, the airport had canceled 824 flights and delayed 525, according to FlightAware.com.

The airport confirmed the outage on Twitter, and the FAA said it put a ground stop in place, slowing or halting inbound air traffic.

"The FAA tower can operate normally, however, departures are delayed because airport equipment in the terminals is not working," the federal agency said in a statement.

Georgia Power said in a statement Sunday evening that "the issue may have involved a fire which caused extensive damage in a Georgia Power underground electrical facility." The utility said it expects to have power restored to the airport by midnight.

Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire and had begun assessing damage and beginning repairs, but they have not yet been able to ascertain the cause of the blaze, the utility said.

Airport officials said a large portion of the facility had been affected and that repair teams had been working to address the situation since around 1:30 p.m. ET.

Delta airlines, which is headquartered in Atlanta, said they were aware of the power outage. Flight disruptions were expected and passengers should check the status of their flights, the airliner said.

Delta said it would issue a waiver to those who were travelling through Atlanta with the airline on Dec. 17 or 18. The airline also said it would give travelers a refund if they would like to cancel their trip because their flight was cancelled or delayed more than 90 minutes.

Those arriving for their flights were met with long lines and a pitch dark airport. No escalators, elevators or information screens were operational.

Brian Moote, 36, the morning host of an Atlanta radio show, said he was returning home on a flight from Dallas when the power went out in the airport. Moote said he and his fellow passengers had been stuck in their plane on the tarmac for nearly six hours, beginning at around 12:30 p.m. ET,

The pilot warned passengers that the power could be out until 11 p.m. ET, Moote told NBC News over the phone.

"People are being really calm and cool about it just because we realize it’s not the airline's fault," he said. "But the babies are getting restless. We don’t have any food; nobody has eaten. They’re trying to get us water."

Moote said that he had been told the passengers would be removed from the plane soon, but the airport had a limited number of stair cars and needed buses, so there wasn't a clear timetable.

"It’s just a complete catastrophe in their ability to evacuate an airport," Moote said. "If this is another type of disaster, we’d just be toast."

According to WXIA, the outage reached the entire airport and affected the train connecting the terminals.
    As of 4:30 Pacific Time, they have power back on in one concourse - five and a half hours after the outage started
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-17-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    According to some very convincing religious calendar videos, the 7 year tribulation period of Revelation starts on the 19th. Just fyi.
    Didn't Jesus himself say nobody will know the day or time or hour?

http://www.unsealed.org/2015/11/2017...on-theory.html

This is just a THEORY. If the Church was meant to know the dates of the Tribulation with certainty we would know by now. So far date speculation has been 100% wrong, because it is just that - speculation. So take this with a grain of salt. We refuse to buy into the "Thus saith the LORD" crowd when it comes to rapture/Tribulation/Second Coming dates: Matthew 24:36, Mark 13:32. HOWEVER, we also refuse to buy into the logic used by the mockers who say it's useless to research and watch. Jesus did say we cannot know the day or hour.
    What is the event we should be watching for? Is it the AntiChrist signing a peace treaty with all nations? Doesn't the Rapture come before the Tribulations?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-17-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Airports have mock-up aircraft that the fire departments use routinely. Fun to watch.
    All the mock ups of ships that I have trained on, they all used propane and didn't make nearly that much smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Don;t recall him saying anything about the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Don;t recall him saying anything about the decade.
    As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.
    “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,f but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
    http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/24.htm
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-17-2017 at 07:30 PM.

You didn't contradict what I posted. Meh.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    All the mock ups of ships that I have trained on, they all used propane and didn't make nearly that much smoke.
    they use jet fuel, produces a lot of black smoke.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I hope john mcclane is there to take care of business.

they use jet fuel, produces a lot of black smoke.
    Really? They still allow that?

I'm surprised the tree huggers and froggets haven't shut them down yet.

I trained once, years ago, with diesel and used pallets in a ship space mockup.

Hotter than $#@!ing hell it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Really? They still allow that?

I'm surprised the tree huggers and froggets haven't shut them down yet.

I trained once, years ago, with diesel and used pallets in a ship space mockup.

Hotter than $#@!ing hell it was.
    I think that the iron airplane mockup fires use propane also. Not sure though....fire department stuff.

The last time I did fire bottle training with the airport fire dept, they used a big horizontal steel pan, mabe 10'X10' or so filled with avgas and jet fuel. It burned quick and hot and smoked like hell. Theoretically, a vigorous attack with a small fire bottle could put it out. Only one of the firemen could do it. Sort of a trick to doing it successfully.

Also, it is possible that they were training on a Sunday. We trained seven days a week, if necessary. The fire department on the airport is always open.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 12-17-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I think that the iron airplane mockup fires use propane also. Not sure though....fire department stuff.

The last time I did fire bottle training with the airport fire dept, they used a big horizontal steel pan, mabe 10'X10' or so filled with avgas and jet fuel. It burned quick and hot and smoked like hell. Theoretically, a vigorous attack with a small fire bottle could put it out. Only one of the firemen could do it. Sort of a trick to doing it successfully.

Also, it is possible that they were training on a Sunday. We trained seven days a week, if necessary. The fire department on the airport is always open.
    Amazing how much fire you can knock down with a hand held dry chem extinguisher, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

http://www.unsealed.org/2015/11/2017...on-theory.html

What is the event we should be watching for? Is it the AntiChrist signing a peace treaty with all nations? Doesn't the Rapture come before the Tribulations?
    Seems some believe they have accurately done the maths. I guess we'll see if anything interesting happens on the 19th that represents a beginning of the sequence. Was just FYI, not my own work, but was convincing. I'll dig up a vid if you'd like but wasn't trying to send the thread in a religious direction.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-17-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast