Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #MagicResistance: The Rise of Feminist Witchcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I don't know, contrary to what has been posted, that wasn't snark, but an honest rumination.
    With all of Trump's #winning it obviously doesn't work.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Job comes to mind off the top of my head.
    Yeah and that is what I thought you were thinking. However, God did not destroy Job. Again you must know the context in it's entirety.

God knew Job was a faithful servant and Satan said he could turn Job's devotion for God if only God would take the wall of protection from him. God agreed because he knew Job would not cave in.

Job remained faithful even through the trials and tribulation that Satan placed upon him. This went on for 38 chapters. Job began to feel sorry for himself. Here is where God comes in...

Job 40 (KJV)

40 Moreover the Lord answered Job, and said,

2 Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.

3 Then Job answered the Lord, and said,

4 Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

5 Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.

6 Then answered the Lord unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

7 Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

8 Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?

9 Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him?

10 Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty.

11 Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him.

12 Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.

13 Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in secret.

14 Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.

Fast forward...God rewarded Job for his faithfulness:

Job 42:10-17 (KJV)

10 And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.

11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

12 So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.

13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.

14 And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch.

15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.

16 After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.

17 So Job died, being old and full of days.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Not intentionally provoking... but how is this any different from 'praying' for a supernatural power to intervene in the natural world? Looking at both objectively, I see no difference in a witch casting a 'spell' with a specific intention and a person 'praying to god' with a specific intention. Same same.
    Good question. Revelation 21:8, "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” This list is not arbitrary, it wasn't constructed on John's whim. it is a very carefully constructed list and both cowards and those who practice magic arts (witchcraft, sorcery, whatever) will be consigned to the lake of fire. Ask yourself: Why does someone turn to witchcraft? Why cast a curse upon someone? Well, if you hate someone, you have two options - you can physically attack them or you can curse them (or, you could forgive them as Jesus taught us to do). If you're a small person or you are generally afraid of physical confrontation, yet you will not forgive, cursing is the only alternative.

As some other posters have pointed out, there is nothing fake about witchcraft, at least, in its active form (99% of the stuff that kids are doing is ill-advised but is not active witchcraft). The first time a witch-mother puts a hex on your hated enemy and he turns up deathly ill the next day, you say to yourself, "Wow, this is more powerful than I ever imagined" and then you partake of the forbidden fruit so that you, too, can have the power that the witch-mother has. And now you have passed through the gates of hell.

The English word "pray" literally means to beg or petition. The imagery is that of a weak peasant begging a powerful king to act on his behalf. "Please, King, my enemy is injuring me, will you make him stop?" The king, being righteous, does not act capriciously but, rather, serves a just sentence. In most cases, you will never see your enemy brought to justice for his wrongdoing in this life. But that's not the point, anyway, since the point of prayer is not to satisfy your base appetite to see your enemies writhing in pain, humiliated before you. The point of prayer is to submit your injuries to someone who has both the power and the legitimate authority to resolve the situation in a thoroughly just way.

The bully is always a coward. He will not face his opponent but attacks him from behind, catches him off guard or attacks someone at a massive strength disadvantage. Witchcraft is spiritual bullying. It utilizes a spiritual power that is overwhelming vis-a-vis its victims and it is done to satisfy the base appetites of those who practice it. In the end, those who practice it will burn.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 12-18-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Clayton we can still ask God to help the ones that can be helped to come out of this magic thing. I know with God all things are possible.

#MagicResistance?

Is that something like a saving throw ... ?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Clayton we can still ask God to help the ones that can be helped to come out of this magic thing. I know with God all things are possible.
    Of course. I don't mean to cause despair. My main trouble with modern Christianity is the implicit denial of the reality of witchcraft. Even in churches where it is nominally acknowledged to exist, it's still "hush, hush". What's the issue? Are you afraid to mention the devil? You shouldn't be. Or do you believe that witchcraft is the stuff of fairy tales, as the atheists do? And it seems the few people who do talk about it, won't talk about anything else. So, you have this dichotomy where it's either not talked about at all, or it's constantly harped on in obsession to the point where you wonder if the preacher is more interested in the devil than he is in God.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Of course. I don't mean to cause despair. My main trouble with modern Christianity is the implicit denial of the reality of witchcraft. Even in churches where it is nominally acknowledged to exist, it's still "hush, hush". What's the issue? Are you afraid to mention the devil? You shouldn't be. Or do you believe that witchcraft is the stuff of fairy tales, as the atheists do? And it seems the few people who do talk about it, won't talk about anything else. So, you have this dichotomy where it's either not talked about at all, or it's constantly harped on in obsession to the point where you wonder if the preacher is more interested in the devil than he is in God.

It is hard to find the middle road in this. For me anyway. I know people who are called spiritual warriors some of them are fanatical some are not. I think when we follow the Lord that we are automatically spiritual warriors. Love your enemy is a very powerful spiritual warrior tool. The power is in LOVE. Love is the power. I know evil cannot stand against it. The choices we make will reflect our decision to seek righteousness or to follow evil. Someone seeking righteousness banishes evil and can see it if it crosses their path. I examine my own fruit all the time. I see that God has more to give than I know how to ask for.

Bitterness, envy,hatred cut love out of your life. You can't really love when you hold on to resentments. You can't serve 2 masters. You can't love others unless you love yourself. People who love them selves love God. We all must walk thru the fire to burn away the dross. God gives us all exactly what we ask for. I ask for God's will for me and work to be strong enough and pure enough to keep up with it. Following God is so exciting, so worth every cleansing, so worth walking thru the fire to see the truth. God will fight my battles if I allow Him too. That is something that is truly amazing. God is my security I trust God. I bring up the subject of God as much as possible. I see my purpose is to praise God forever.

I am human. I make mistakes. I am hard headed, and I want to blame something or someone for my BS. God can make even my mistakes and, greatest heartaches and loss workout to my highest good if I give them to Him. I see angels all the time. I am a most fortunate person to walk in the grace of God.

I see that witchcraft works all rituals have power. I prefer to have the power of the Most High God. If I draw nearer to God He will draw near to me that is all that I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    It is hard to find the middle road in this. For me anyway. I know people who are called spiritual warriors some of them are fanatical some are not. I think when we follow the Lord that we are automatically spiritual warriors. Love your enemy is a very powerful spiritual warrior tool. The power is in LOVE. Love is the power. I know evil cannot stand against it. The choices we make will reflect our decision to seek righteousness or to follow evil. Someone seeking righteousness banishes evil and can see it if it crosses their path. I examine my own fruit all the time. I see that God has more to give than I know how to ask for.

Bitterness, envy,hatred cut love out of your life. You can't really love when you hold on to resentments. You can't serve 2 masters. You can't love others unless you love yourself. People who love them selves love God. We all must walk thru the fire to burn away the dross. God gives us all exactly what we ask for. I ask for God's will for me and work to be strong enough and pure enough to keep up with it. Following God is so exciting, so worth every cleansing, so worth walking thru the fire to see the truth. God will fight my battles if I allow Him too. That is something that is truly amazing. God is my security I trust God. I bring up the subject of God as much as possible. I see my purpose is to praise God forever.

I am human. I make mistakes. I am hard headed, and I want to blame something or someone for my BS. God can make even my mistakes and, greatest heartaches and loss workout to my highest good if I give them to Him. I see angels all the time. I am a most fortunate person to walk in the grace of God.

I see that witchcraft works all rituals have power. I prefer to have the power of the Most High God. If I draw nearer to God He will draw near to me that is all that I need.
    Very good points. The term "spiritual war" probably brings to mind negative things for people... But as you said, our tools or 'weapons' are things like love, intercessory prayer, and even songs of praise and worship to God. It may sound hard to believe to some, but those things are more powerful than evil, and evil cannot stand against it.

It may be hard to move in the opposite spirit in this crazy world with so much hate and aggression… I think it goes against our human nature to love our enemies and return evil with good… But it's exactly what God told us to do.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Very good points. The term "spiritual war" probably brings to mind negative things for people... But as you said, our tools or 'weapons' are things like love, intercessory prayer, and even songs of praise and worship to God. It may sound hard to believe to some, but those things are more powerful than evil, and evil cannot stand against it.

It may be hard to move in the opposite spirit in this crazy world with so much hate and aggression… I think it goes against our human nature to love our enemies and return evil with good… But it's exactly what God told us to do.
    Yes Jesus did tell us to love our enemy. I made a bumper sticker for my car that says that very thing the day after 9-11. I have had so much awesome response to it people have came up and knocked on my car window in traffic to tell me thanks for the reminder and how much they needed to read that.

Many times I have asked God to bless the person who is flipping me the bird(my sister did it the last time I saw her) it would be so much easier to go beat her ass than to say God bless her right now. She did it in front of about 10 people who were looking very bewildered at her actions. My brothers want to have her committed I want God to deal with her instead. I already know that there is nothing I can personally do to help her I just don't have the kind of power that would turn someone like her around without God being the one actually doing the work. I have asked God to help me help her so many times and nothing I do really works or helps. I do know that I do not have to let her continue to hurt me

2 John
    I like this particular chapter of John

2 John - Chapter 1

1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
    2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
    3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
    4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
    5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
    6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
    7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
    8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
    9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
    10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
    11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
    13 The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess this would explain why I've seen grown women with Harry Potter related tattoos and logo clothing.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Of course. I don't mean to cause despair. My main trouble with modern Christianity is the implicit denial of the reality of witchcraft.
    And overall denial of Spiritual beings in general. and little understanding of them.

Mostly it is,, "stuff that happened long ago and God doesn't work that way today" line of thinking.

The War in Revelation is not at some distant point,, it is history and current. It is ongoing.

This has been one of my rants here.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Good points on the power of God's love. This goes all the way back to the Garden of Eden. The Serpent's lie was that the paradise God had created for Adam and Eve was a lie, that God was "holding out" and keeping the goods to himself (the knowledge of Good and Evil). Once they disobeyed (rebelled), they were driven out of Eden into the fallen world we currently inhabit, where murderous Cain lived and righteous Abel died. Do you see the inversion? The murderer lives on while the victim dies. So, in this fallen world, the violent, deceitful, rebellious, murderous, vengeful, hateful, and so on, are supposed to have "power", while everyone who practices the fruits of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, and so on - are weak, fated to be banished to death by the grist-mill of power. But the Serpent's lie is easily exposed: this world is just temporary, so nothing that happens here matters in the long-run, especially death. So Cain's murder was not an exercise of power over Abel, it was just an exposition of his heart, and an enslaving of himself to the Serpent's murderous world-order, a world-order that is itself doomed to be completely burnt to ashes -- nothing of it will remain. Meanwhile, the resurrecting power of the Son of God moots the power of death, so that every murder that has ever happened is just an indictment of the murderer, not an injury to the murdered. The blood-lust that is pumped up by acts of violence is the very currency of the Serpent's lies - it's just a sensory feeling, a delusion, a psychological reward to encourage the violent in their violence without ever stopping to think about the long-run destiny of the world built on violence. And so both the Deceiver and the deceived - that is, the Devil and his children - will march right off into the fiery lake of sulfur.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    And overall denial of Spiritual beings in general. and little understanding of them.

Mostly it is,, "stuff that happened long ago and God doesn't work that way today" line of thinking.

The War in Revelation is not at some distant point,, it is history and current. It is ongoing.

This has been one of my rants here.
    Yes. And it is on a crescendo. The world is changing so fast, soon we won't even be able to keep up with the news.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12