Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #MagicResistance: The Rise of Feminist Witchcraft

Exclamation #MagicResistance: The Rise of Feminist Witchcraft

Woemen...

#MagicResistance: The Rise of Feminist Witchcraft

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/1...inist-witches/

by CHARLIE NASH17 Dec 2017522

From organizing mass hexes to setting up witch-themed Etsy stores, the feminist movement and witchcraft are becoming increasingly entwined.

In an article this week, feminist and author Laurie Penny documented the “boom in online occultism” and why feminists are so attracted to witchcraft.

“Days after Donald Trump won the U.S. election, videos of women ‘hexing’ Trump went viral around the world, encouraging budding magical practitioners to burn images of the president-elect to bring his works to ruin,” reported Penny on Wednesday. “Meanwhile, an entire explosive industry of witch-paraphernalia is boiling out of the cauldron of digital consumer culture.”

“You can buy your crocheted bat-bunting and your broomstick-decals on Etsy, while a couple of clicks away anonymous web artisans peddle laptop stickers declaring the owner, with more or less accuracy, a daughter of the witches they weren’t able to burn,” she explained. “Commodification is usually a poisoned apple for movements like this, but there’s a proud legacy of repurposing the witch-aesthetic for radical ends.”

The two scenes have become so intertwined that the term “witch” has even started to become synonymous with “feminist,” as online stores such as Witchsy sell feminist witch-themed goods.

Dozens of witch-related products, ranging from pentagram-decorated clothing to “I’m a witch, you’re a bitch” pins, can be found on Witchsy among more typical feminist merchandise, while searching “feminist witch” on Etsy returns over 750 results.

Though a large percentage of “feminist witches” undoubtedly limit themselves to the aesthetic alone, an increase in political mass hexes shows a portion of the movement delves deeper.

Following President Trump’s inauguration, witches, covens, and even A-list celebrities started to hex the president with frequent “spells.”

In July, Lana Del Rey admitted to casting a spell on President Trump, and in October, Vox reported that thousands of members of the “resistance witches” had been casting spells against the president each month.

“On a typical Wednesday, by the light of the waning moon, Kate Doucette joined several thousand strangers on the internet in casting a spell to ‘bind’ Donald Trump,” Vox declared. “Doucette — which is her married name, not her legal name — is one of the ‘resistance witches,’ an at least 13,000-strong umbrella group of internet neo-pagans, Wiccans, solo practitioners who self-identify as ‘hedge witches,’ longtime magical practitioners in various traditions, and committed activists.”

“They’ve come together each month since Trump’s inauguration with one goal: to perform a spell — equal parts quasi-religious ritual and activist performance — to ‘bind’ the president, forming a collective known as the #MagicResistance,” they explained.

So what’s binding feminism and witchcraft?

According to Laurie Penny, “A general sense of powerlessness in a chaotic and competitive society, along with a revived interest in forms of feminism that don’t care who they frighten, may explain the growing appeal of hedge magic as a cultural aesthetic as much as a practice.”

The craze for witchery displays an encouragingly wide understanding that for social change to happen someone has to feel threatened. The paraphernalia of skulls and guts and ravens are merely a uniform that declares intent. I am not a nice, compliant creature, not a princess in training. I am something else. Something darker. There are more like me. Best beware.

Pissing off your overpious relations is as good an excuse as any to dabble in magic—and a good many modern practitioners are spiritual refugees of one sort or another from patriarchal, monotheistic religions as practiced in, for example, large parts of the United States. I’m convinced that part of the reason I first started getting interested in tarot and cartoon spellcraft at a tender age was to annoy my grandmother, who would have made a formidable witch herself had she not got married too young, as so many of her generation did, to some layabout called Jesus Christ who left her to raise six kids with nothing but the promise of salvation.

The feminist witches also see those women persecuted during the 17th century Salem witch trials as their late comrades — tortured and murdered by the patriarchy.

Still, the increase in feminist witchcraft hasn’t led to entirely receptive reactions from others in the witch community.

“The ‘witchblr’ community appropriates non-white cultures (Native American, Yoruba, Hindu, Caribbean, Romani, and so on) and comes up with a lot of $#@!ty excuses for that,” complained one witch to the Verge, who wrote an article about “how witches took over Tumblr in 2017.”

And the community hasn’t been without its controversies; most notably 2015’s “Boneghazi,” where witches fought over the ethics of grave-robbing.

But the trend doesn’t appear to be declining anytime soon, with one follower of the late Anton LaVey’s Church of Satan claiming “the Trump era is an era of an occult renaissance.”

“Occultism keeps becoming more socially relevant in times of economic hardships and political strife,” the user proclaimed.

On the other hand, maybe witchcraft is just an excuse for feminists to pretend to be Hogwarts students from their beloved Harry Potter series.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

She'll put a spell on youuuuuu....

Part of me feels kinda sorry for them. I have a sister who is into this stuff she is big into Harry Potter and the tumblr community. I can't even talk to her she is so angry and hateful of just about everything that doesn't have something to do with Harry Potter or SIMS games. Oh and Emma Watson is her savior. I pray for her and stay away from her too. Her negativity is over whelming and it makes me sad to see what she is doing to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Part of me feels kinda sorry for them. I have a sister who is into this stuff she is big into Harry Potter and the tumblr community. I can't even talk to her she is so angry and hateful of just about everything that doesn't have something to do with Harry Potter or SIMS games. Oh and Emma Watson is her savior. I pray for her and stay away from her too. Her negativity is over whelming and it makes me sad to see what she is doing to herself.
    That's truly sad but seems to be a recurring story I hear all the time. Yet if I say anything bad about Harry Potter, I am looked at with disdain. It's just a fantasy story, I am told. The problem is, too many people live in a fantasy and they are grasping for the truth but looking in all the wrong places.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That's truly sad but seems to be a recurring story I hear all the time. Yet if I say anything bad about Harry Potter, I am looked at with disdain. It's just a fantasy story, I am told. The problem is, too many people live in a fantasy and they are grasping for the truth but looking in all the wrong places.
    Superman is a fantasy story as well.

Imagine the mocking derision and laughter if a bunch of men started jumping off buildings with red capes thinking they could fly.

I've read the whole Potter series, and it's nothing more than a children's story, with no more witchery and saucery than say Cinderella.

It's not the stories, it's the ridiculous addlepated woemen, in this case, who think burning incense and chanting spells will make any difference in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Superman is a fantasy story as well.

Imagine the mocking derision and laughter if a bunch of men started jumping off buildings with red capes thinking they could fly.

I've read the whole Potter series, and it's nothing more than a children's story, with no more witchery and saucery than say Cinderella.

It's not the stories, it's the ridiculous addlepated woemen, in this case, who think burning incense and chanting spells will make any difference in the real world.
    Isaiah 3:4 (KJV)

4 And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.

How about these fantasies?

Report: Thousands of 'witches' do monthly spell to protect world from Trump
    HOCUS POTUS Tens of thousands of witches around the world join forces every month to cast a ‘binding’ spell on Donald Trump and ‘protect’ us from his actions
    JK Rowling apologizes to family of disabled boy but REFUSES to say sorry to Trump for falsely saying the President didn't shake hands after outrage led by Piers Morgan
    J.K. Rowling’s Bizarre Leadership Of The Unhinged Anti-Trump Left

Revelation 18:23 (KJV)

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Revelation 22:15 (KJV)

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's my point.

It's silly on the face of it to think that these spellcasters have any effect on the real world.
    Of course it is silly but they believe in it and they effect the real world with their delusions and lies.

That's my point.

It's silly on the face of it to think that these spellcasters have any effect on the real world.

Of course it is silly but they believe in it and they effect the real world with their delusions and lies.
    Not Silly.
    Dangerous.

and just as "real" as asking for prayers.

If you don't think these things they pray to exist and affect this world,,, well, read the book again.
    They are what shape this world (into the corruption it is)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Not Silly.
    Dangerous.

and just as "real" as asking for prayers.

If you don't think these things they pray to exist and affect this world,,, well, read the book again.
    They are what shape this world (into the corruption it is)
    I do not worry about it. It has all been foretold and I read the back of the book, they lose in the end.

2 Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Acts 1:8 - But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

1 Corinthians 4:20 - For the kingdom of God [is] not in word, but in power.

1 Corinthians 6:14 - And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Ephesians 6:10 - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

2 Corinthians 12:9 - And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Ephesians 3:20 - Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Colossians 1:11 - Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Luke 24:49 - And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Isaiah 40:29-31 - He giveth power to the faint; and to [them that have] no might he increaseth strength. (Read More...)

Ephesians 1:19 - And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Psalms 89:13 - Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, [and] high is thy right hand.

2 Corinthians 13:11 - Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

1 Corinthians 2:5 - That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.…
    Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand.
    he does lose in the end,,
    but I do not dismiss it as "silly".

This War still rages in this time.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    he does lose in the end,,
    but I do not dismiss it as "silly".

This War still rages in this time.
    Much of it comes from Traditions of men, not God. Micheal will kick Satan's arse out of Heaven (Revelation 12:7-17 ) and then Christ will come to stomp on his head ( Romans 16:20 )

Romans 8:31-33 (KJV)

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
    Last edited by donnay; 12-18-2017 at 01:07 PM. Reason: stop=stomp

That's my point.

Not intentionally provoking... but how is this any different from 'praying' for a supernatural power to intervene in the natural world? Looking at both objectively, I see no difference in a witch casting a 'spell' with a specific intention and a person 'praying to god' with a specific intention. Same same.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Not intentionally provoking... but how is this any different from 'praying' for a supernatural power to intervene in the natural world? Looking at both objectively, I see no difference in a witch casting a 'spell' with a specific intention and a person 'praying to god' with a specific intention. Same same.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Dear Donna

Thank you all the support you have given to me in these past couple of months. I did not realize until after my mom died just how much of a fantasy world my sister lives in. She was totally dependent on my mom and she is now going off the deep end big time. I am sure she is casting spells and other stuff. She has declared that she hates my brothers and I and that she doesn't ever want to see us again. She has an autistic son and I am really worried about him.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good question...

I guess the difference lies in manipulating earthly things, you know, candles, conconuts, bones, to achieve a direct effect.

From a Biblical perspective, there is only one God. So if someone is not praying to the true living God of the universe, then who are they praying to?

It makes a big difference, because there is a spiritual realm, but not all spirits are of God. It may sound silly or hard to believe to non-Christians, but there is a spiritual war going on… and we have to be careful, because there are certain powers that are very deceptive. The Bible says even Satan masquerades as an angel of light.

Witchcraft is simply people trying to get power from the wrong spirits...from the demonic realm.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

There is a difference between praying for God's blessings on an enemy and casting a hex on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Dear Donna

Thank you all the support you have given to me in these past couple of months. I did not realize until after my mom died just how much of a fantasy world my sister lives in. She was totally dependent on my mom and she is now going off the deep end big time. I am sure she is casting spells and other stuff. She has declared that she hates my brothers and I and that she doesn't ever want to see us again. She has an autistic son and I am really worried about him.
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Have a Merry Christmas!

It may be a children's story but the bottom line is it glorifies witchcraft/sorcery and tries to make all those things 'cool.' The crazy thing is, lots of Christians don't see it that way. In fact, I know some practicing Christians who like the Harry Potter series and let their kids read it. It may sound crazy to nonbelievers, but that's exactly what the enemy of God wants. That's why it's so important to be aware of what we put into our minds… because there's so much garbage out there, including things that are very appealing or addicting, but not good spiritually.

I agree with both Donna and pcosmar. We shouldn't worry, or be scared of those things. (1 John 4:4 says why) But at the same time, we need to be aware, especially when it comes to kids. As Jesus said: be wise as serpents and gentle as doves.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Hosea 4:6 - (KJV)
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Genesis 12:3 -
    And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Jeremiah 17:5 -
    Thus saith the LORD; Cursed [be] the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

John 8:32 -
    And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:36 -
    If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    It may be a children's story but the bottom line is it glorifies witchcraft/sorcery and tries to make all those things 'cool.' The crazy thing is, lots of Christians don't see it that way. In fact, I know some practicing Christians who like the Harry Potter series and let their kids read it. It may sound crazy to nonbelievers, but that's exactly what the enemy of God wants. That's why it's so important to be aware of what we put into our minds… because there's so much garbage out there, including things that are very appealing or addicting, but not good spiritually.

I agree with both Donna and pcosmar. We shouldn't worry, or be scared of those things. (1 John 4:4 says why) But at the same time, we need to be aware, especially when it comes to kids. As Jesus said: be wise as serpents and gentle as doves.
    Let's say these things are effective and real.

Should there not be a legal sanction of some sort against people who cause harm by spellcasting?

Should there not be a legal sanction of some sort against people who cause harm by spellcasting?

Burned at the stake?

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I've noticed you always, always, always turn arguments into a legal discussion. People are free to pray to whoever the hell they want. It's absurd to think that there should be laws against spellcasting or things like that. It's not a physical war, it's something that goes on in an entirely different realm. And as a couple of us have already said, we don't have to be afraid, if God is for you then who do you have to fear?

ETA: I just noticed, that post sounded kind of harsh, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by lilymc; 12-18-2017 at 05:41 PM.

― Henry David Thoreau

Is that a liberty position?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I've noticed you always, always, always turn arguments into a legal discussion. People are free to pray to whoever the hell they want. It's absurd to think that there should be laws against spellcasting or things like that. It's not a physical war, it's something that goes on in an entirely different realm. And as a couple of us have already said, we don't have to be afraid, if God is for you then who do you have to fear?

ETA: I just noticed, that post sounded kind of harsh, I'm sorry.
    I was just curious, that's all.

if God is for you then who do you have to fear
    God has a long history of destroying those most loyal to him.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Is that a liberty position?
    I don't know, contrary to what has been posted, that wasn't snark, but an honest rumination.

I was just curious, that's all.

God has a long history of destroying those most loyal to him.
    Really care to name them?

Really care to name them?
    Job comes to mind off the top of my head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast