Thread: Trump Nominates LGBT Activist to Head EEOC — Which Shouldn’t Even Exist

Thumbs down Trump Nominates LGBT Activist to Head EEOC — Which Shouldn’t Even Exist

In yet another swamp victory, the Trump administration has decided to re-nominate a radical LGBT activist and Obama-era holdover for commissioner of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) — a bureaucracy that shouldn’t even exist.
    Lesbian Chai Feldblum has been serving in the post since 2010, having been made EEOC head without Senate approval, via an Obama recess appointment. And from some dark recesses is whence her ideology comes. As Powerline reported Tuesday, “Feldblum is…the architect of the Obama administration’s radical LGBT agenda, including its policy mandating that transgender individuals can use the restroom of their choice” — in other words, sexually confused boys in girls’ locker rooms.
    The Family Research Council’s Tony Perkins provides more detail:
    She came to the administration with an impressive resume of radicalism — complete with jobs at the Human Rights Campaign, the ACLU, and a clerkship with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun, who authored the Roe v. Wade decision. She not only wrote the deceptively named “Employment Non-Discrimination Act” (ENDA) which is a threat to religious freedom in the workplace, she openly vowed to implement ENDA by regulations if Congress didn't pass it. At one point, Chai even signed on to an online petition “‘Beyond Same-Sex Marriage: A New Strategic Vision for All Our Families and Relationships,’ which advocates for polygamy and government recognition... for... diverse kinds of partnerships” — a view she later disavowed.
    But perhaps Feldblum is most remembered for pulling back the curtain on the same-sex marriage agenda. Asked what would happen if religious liberty clashed with the “rights” of people who identify as LGBT, she brazenly stated that she'd have “a hard time coming up with any case in which religious liberty should win.” That's chilling, FRC warned at the time, since as head of the EEOC, she would act as the head referee on disputes over workplace discrimination. If Americans were hoping for neutrality, they certainly didn't get it under Chai's leadership.
    ... When she was asked about the rights of Christians hiring employees of their choosing, she replied, “Gays win; Christians lose.”

Of course, this “gay rights” vs. religious-rights debate should be no debate. Free exercise of religion is in the Constitution. Homosexual “rights” (which really are special privileges) aren’t.
    In reality, the EEOC shouldn’t even exist. It’s plainly unconstitutional for the federal government to be involved dictating to private entities what their employee demographics should be. Moreover, even if you believe that the government needs to contravene “discrimination,” note that states and localities generally have their own anti-discrimination laws, along with bureaucracies to enforce them. Why are we paying to have different layers of government do the same thing?

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...n-t-even-exist
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guarantee if I went on social media right now the left would be finding something wrong with his pick.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I guarantee if I went on social media right now the left would be finding something wrong with his pick.
    Haven't we seen this play before?

Javanka, Chelsea & Malaria might be happy about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I swear, I'm getting pretty sure, kinda, sorta, of the belief that Trump is purposely making a mockery of the system. Between this nomination and his Carlin-esque "Seven Dirty Words" for the CDC right after an FCC kerfuffle, how can he NOT be?

If you said:

"Picture a lesbian government worker in charge of the EEOC"

I'd have come up with her.

HB passed over again.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If you said:

"Picture a lesbian government worker in charge of the EEOC"

I'd have come up with her.

Now picture her with a strap-on.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I feel pretty
    Oh, so pretty
    That the city should give me its key
    A committee
    Should be organized to honor me
    La la la la
    ...Oh is this the wrong thread, I be so confused. Ahhhh!
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Now picture her with a strap-on.
    Nahhh...here she is with her "wife".

I'm pretty sure she is the "receiver".

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nahhh...here she is with her "wife".

I'm pretty sure she is the "receiver".

You can always be counted on to present the bright side of things AF.

Trump Is The First Republican President To Acknowledge LGBT Pride Month, And Yet...

Trump made history Friday, but his administration has attacked the rights of the LGBT community.
    David Mack BuzzFeed News Reporter
    Posted on May 31, 2019,

Evan Vucci / AP Trump in Colorado during the 2016 election.

“As we celebrate LGBT Pride Month and recognize the outstanding contributions LGBT people have made to our great Nation, let us also stand in solidarity with the many LGBT people who live in dozens of countries worldwide that punish, imprison, or even execute individuals on the basis of their sexual orientation,” he wrote in a series of tweets. “My Administration has launched a global campaign to decriminalize homosexuality and invite all nations to join us in this effort!”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ti-lgbt-record

This has been my experience through high school, college, and work

I'm not going to pretend it's always this 100%, but when I revisit places of work and see who got the job instead of me, it's always some "diverse" or "lgbt" or trans-weirdo who got the job instead, and they have no idea what they're doing. I picked the wrong major in college, because it's entirely ruled by lefties. I got left out in opportunies during high school, "minority" kids getting to go to vocational school even though I had better grades, had professors try to eject me out of advanced classes in college because "There's already too many white people" in the class, and then when trying to get a job, all the same crap.
    Last edited by Warrior_of_Freedom; 06-01-2019 at 05:30 PM.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Javanka, Chelsea & Malaria might be happy about it?

Apples n oranges, two young leaders on the left are said to be liberals and one on the right is a conservative.

Related

Trump is selling ‘LGBTQ for Trump’ T-shirts for Gay Pride month
    24 May 2019

The Trump Pride Tee. (donaldjtrump.com) US President Donald Trump is marketing a “Trump Pride Tee” in his online shop, next to “Make America Great Again” hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    "minority" kids getting to go to vocational school even though I had better grades
    You're blaming minorities for you not even making it into a vocational school?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    had professors try to eject me out of advanced classes in college because "There's already too many white people" in the class
    So you didn't make it into a vocational school, but went to college instead and took advanced classes? And the professors kicked you out of these advanced classes you had successfully registered for because there were too many whites in the class already?

Riiiiiight.

What was one of the advanced classes the professor kicked you out of for that reason?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After ignoring LGBTQ Pride month since he took office—and moving to roll back LGBTQ rights in so many areas—President Donald Trump had the gall to tweet about celebrating Pride on the eve of Pride month, in a couple of tweets on Friday in which he also claimed he had “launched” an effort to decriminalize homosexuality around the world.
    But Trump’s celebration of Pride is as fraudulent and calculated as his claim to be fighting to decriminalize homosexuality. This is in fact an attempt to portray himself as supportive of LGBTQ people as he gears up for the 2020 re-election campaign.
    The goal is less about getting much of the community’s backing—which will be near impossible—but more about keeping or getting the support of many others who might be turned off by blatant anti-LGBTQ bigotry.
    The Long, Futile Search for President Trump’s LGBT Pride
    It’s exactly what Trump did in 2016. And the media in particular should be forewarned this time around that it’s all one big sham.
    Trump’s attacks on LGBTQ rights from early in his presidency have been documented, from his Twitter announcement in July of 2017 that he was banning transgender people in the military to his Justice Department’s federal court brief, filed at about that same time, defending discrimination against gay, lesbian and bisexual people in employment.
    But in the past several weeks the assault on LGBTQ rights has ramped up aggressively. The president trumpeted the Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) expansion of a so-called conscience rule allowing for health care providers—including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and teachers—to turn away LGBTQ people and others based on religious grounds.
    HHS’ Office of Civil Rights last week also proposed a new rule to strip protections from discrimination in the Affordable Care Act which, at first, seemed solely to affect transgender people—terrible enough—but upon further scrutiny it became clear would allow discrimination against all LGBTQ people.
    That followed a new rule by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) ending protections in federally-funded homeless shelters for transgender people.
    The Trump administration will soon roll back an Obama administration ban on discrimination against gay and lesbian couples among federally-funded adoption and foster care agencies, according to a report in Axios.
    The State Department also appears to be using challenges to birthright citizenship of gay and lesbian parents’ children who were conceived and born, sometimes with the help of egg donors and surrogates, in other countries—even though one or both parents are U.S. citizens—as another way to diminish same-sex marriage.
    Trump judicial nominee Howard Nielson Jr., who as an attorney defended California’s Proposition 8 (which banned same-sex marriage) by arguing that homosexuality is a choice, was confirmed by the Republican-controlled Senate last week as a district court judge in Utah.
    Nielson is just one of a slew of federal judges with hostility to LGBTQ rights Trump has appointed.
    While Trump’s Supreme Court appointees, Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh, claimed in confirmation hearings that the landmark Obergefell marriage equality decision is settled law, Gorsuch wrote a dissent in a case in 2017 in which he invited state courts to challenge Obergefell, and neither justice has shown deference for precedent, alarming the court’s liberals.
    How could Trump convince political reporters to push the notion that he has, at worst, a “mixed” record on LGBTQ rights and, at best, is pretty good compared to other Republicans?
    He succeeded in doing just that 2016, in part by simply using the term “LGBTQ” in his speech at the Republican National Convention—something no Republican candidate had ever done—claiming he’d protect “LGBTQ citizens.” His record now, however, is quite clear.
    Except Trump’s already showing us how he’s going to attempt to obscure it, with tweets like the ones on Friday, which get breathless headlines from too many of the media. And with interviews like the one he did two weeks ago, in which Trump responded to a Fox News interviewer’s question about Democratic candidate Pete Buttigieg’s same-sex marriage by saying, “I think it’s absolutely fine.”
    He went on to agree with the interviewer that it’s a “sign of great progress,” adding, “Yeah, I think it's great. I think that's something that perhaps some people will have a problem with, I have no problem with it whatsoever.” His interviewer, Steve Hilton, didn't raise Trump's opposition to marriage equality and his appointment of judges hostile to LGBTQ rights.
    Trump and his defenders, which include gay Republicans such as his ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, are pointing to a supposed efforts to combat homophobia worldwide right on cue.
    Grenell earlier this year had in fact announced a “push” by the Trump administration to fight the criminalization of homosexuality around the globe.
    It was odd coming from an ambassador—located in another country—and the state department in Washington hadn’t announced any specific plan. Even Trump seemed unaware of this effort when asked about it by a reporter, responding, “I don't know which report you're talking about.”
    As the New York Times reported, fighting criminalization of LGBTQ people in other countries, is, according to the State Department, “longstanding” policy from the Obama years, and it was “unclear…whether the decriminalization effort was, in fact, new.”
    It would be nice if this were one pro-LGBTQ Obama initiative the Trump administration has decided to continue—unlike the many it is rolling back—but it hardly makes Trump a savior for LGBTQ people.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/president-tru...000307301.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment