Thread: What coins are you looking at in 2018?

What coins are you looking at in 2018?

Been a while since I played in the Crypto markets and am looking to get back in... What coins are folks looking at over the next 12 months?

XRP or IOTA any good? Any others I should research?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IMO, namecoin is the single most undervalued coin out there (namecoin.org). If I can scare up a little spare cash, I'm going to buy some.

For 2018 ? 2 1/2 dollar Gold Indians .

I just bought some TRX. I'm also into BTC and LTC.

WAVES is working on adding smart contracts. This platform already allows people to create coins on their blockchain and has a built in decentralized exchange. Once the contracts are added I expect it to climb
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    For 2018 ? 2 1/2 dollar Gold Indians .
    I am thinking of getting into nickels.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Shield nickels , V nickels and Buffalo nickels are a lot of fun .

Btc. Bitshares bts. Look it up. Dex with crypto usd euro gold... etc. Smart contract controlled bts 200% collateral

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dash has been the best performing investment I've ever made. Still going with it into 2018 for the same reasons. It has a voting system to pay for R&D and marketing directly from the block reward, so the higher the price goes, the more funding is available. Currently it's up to over $7 million per month

These two links have pretty much all the information about why I think it's still going up:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/com...ent_core_team/ (link compilation)
    https://dashvotetracker.com/ (projects up for voting)
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

I can totally see people buying physical gold with monero, or using monero as a base for a hawala system, or using it to pay sucessors to blackwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Dash has been the best performing investment I've ever made. Still going with it into 2018 for the same reasons. It has a voting system to pay for R&D and marketing directly from the block reward, so the higher the price goes, the more funding is available. Currently it's up to over $7 million per month

These two links have pretty much all the information about why I think it's still going up:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/com...ent_core_team/ (link compilation)
    https://dashvotetracker.com/ (projects up for voting)

IMO, here's another good reason to bet on Dash:

Digital Currency Looks to Solve Cannabis Industry’s Cash Problem

Digital currencies may solve some the legal cannabis industry’s woes by becoming an alternative to cash payments. Despite recent state-level ballot initiatives across the US that legalizes marijuana in one form or another, the drug still remains illegal at the federal level. While it’s unlikely the feds are going to go after legal cannabis dispensaries any time soon, the legal murkiness does create one serious problem.

Cash-only
    Banks won’t deal with cannabis dispensaries.

Consider the ramifications. No banking means no payment processing, which means customers can’t use credit or debit cards to make purchases. According to a 2016 survey, 75 percent of customers prefer to pay with credit or debit cards, with only 11 percent preferring to pay with cash.

Unfortunately, dispensaries can’t give customers what they want - payment methods other than cash - because banks won’t do business with them. Consequently, the customer is inconvenienced and the merchant loses potential sales.

A lack of banking causes even more serious problems. Since the industry is forced to accept only cash for payments, marijuana dispensaries are an excellent target for robbers and thieves due to the large amount of cash they keep on premises.

There’s still a larger problem than that, which is perhaps the biggest of all: dispensaries have great difficulty paying their expenses. Utilities, tax assessors and vendors would much rather not be paid in cash, and some vendors may not even accept cash payments.

The cost of protecting large sums of cash is prohibitive. The need for armored cars, safes and guards depletes the bottom line. It’s been estimated that cash handling expenses can amount to 10-15 percent of sales.

Changes are coming
    Seeing an opportunity to gain access to a $6.7 bln market, the digital currency Dash partnered with Alt Thirty Six in April 2017. The Dash network, through its decentralized self-funding mechanism, is paying the company $496,000 to integrate Dash as a payment option in the cannabis industry’s point of sale (POS) systems. The vendor also has skin in the game, having spent nearly $700,000 of their own money developing the POS platform.

As part of this arrangement, Dash will be the only digital currency offered by the point of sale platform. According to the budget proposal submitted to the Dash network:

“We have three major verticals identified and solidified reseller partnerships that will adopt the Alt Thirty Six + Dash payment solutions:

Independent Software Vendors (ISV) – Music & celebrity apparel company (100+ online stores), online marketing automation partner (600+ clients), and more.
    Value Added Reseller (VAR) –IBM, Sirius Computer Solutions, Industry Specific point-of-sale (POS) Partners
    Ecommerce Retailers – Sirius Computer Solutions​”
    The vendor has been making monthly progress reports to the Dash community and work continues apace. The platform’s initial release is scheduled for December of this year.

Going mainstream
    The road to mainstream adoption of digital currency has to begin somewhere, and perhaps no other industry needs cryptocurrency as much as this one. Many have suggested that digital currencies could gain adoption by saving vendors money on credit card fees, and this is certainly possible. But such fees usually amount to no more than three percent.

With the legal marijuana industry, Dash has the potential to save merchants up to 15 percent, which would be a massive boon to their bottom line. Dash is suitable for point of sale use because of its InstantSend feature. Transactions sent via InstantSend are fully confirmed and irreversible in four seconds. Bitcoin transactions, by comparison, usually aren’t considered fully “settled” until six confirmations are received, which can take an hour or more.
    https://cointelegraph.com/news/digit...s-cash-problem

Seems like a good bet to me.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I've been looking into the Dadi ICO. It's coming out in Jan 22? I believe.

It's an Ethereum based coin. The ICO is kind of controlled... something like 50 million coins for sale sold at a fixed .50 USD...

but the coin technology itself seems legit.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Get the Canadian ones, they're awesome.