Thread: Report: Paul Ryan looking for the Exit

Report: Paul Ryan looking for the Exit

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...hington-216103

He felt he was ‘made for this moment.’ But now, on the verge of achieving his long-sought legislative dream, he’s got his eyes on the exits.
    There'll be no living with dannno after this...

Last edited by CaptUSA; 12-14-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sure he'll be replaced by another status quo drone, contra an Amash or a Massie, so it won't make a difference.

I remember when everyone hated Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    They don't anymore?

still do... maybe he's afraid he'll get snagged with a sex scandal.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Good. Now Ryan will go off into the private sector to make millions from legislative loop holes he knows about.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Let's hope his replacement is at least a little better and not worse.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only thing missing, however, is a confirmation from Ryan himself, which however won't be forthcoming because moments after the Politico report, the Washington Examiner reported that Paul Ryan "laughed away speculation that he plans to quit his post after Congress passes tax reform and said next year's agenda will include legislation to transform the nation's welfare program into one that can move more people from dependency on government into the workforce."

"Next year is going to be the year where we work on people," Ryan told reporters who asked about his welfare reform plan at his weekly news conference. "Next year is the year we work on getting people where they need to get in life, in better jobs, an actual career, closing the skills gap."

Ryan has pledged to his largest faction of conservatives that the House would tackle entitlement reform in 2018 with a welfare-to-work proposal. Ryan is a longtime advocate of reforming the nation's welfare system to make it one that helps transition people away from dependency and into good paying jobs.

Ryan said the proposal would include career training as well as criminal justice reform, which has enjoyed wide bipartisan support in both chambers but has nonetheless stalled this year.
    Politico conceded as much, and reported that Ryan "can't afford to admit he’s a lame-duck—his fundraising prowess and dealmaking leverage would be vastly diminished, making the House all the more difficult to govern." As such, "when asked at the end of a Thursday morning press conference if he was leaving soon, Ryan shot a quick “no” over his shoulder as he walked out of the room."
    So is Ryan leaving or not? Following the duo of conflicting reports, there is absolutely no clarity either way, but at least a lot of excited people helped bring in a lot of breathless clicks for the source article.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...speaker-denies

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Paul Ryan's inability to be better than crybaby Boehner, is EPIC FAILURE indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

The White House is pushing back on a report by Politico Thursday that House Speaker Paul Ryan is considering leaving Washington at the end of next year.
    Asked whether the president was aware of the reports, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the president spoke to Ryan and that the reports are false.
    “The president did speak to the Speaker not too long ago and made sure the speaker knew very clearly and in no uncertain terms that if that news was true he was very unhappy with it,” Sanders said “The Speaker assured the president those were not accurate reports and that they looked forward to working together for a long time to come.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...200932299.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment