Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roy Moore Loses Senate To Dems: Trump Train De-Railed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Roy Moore Loses Senate To Dems: Trump Train De-Railed?

One would hope so.

...comment.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Left/right establishment and media victory. Are you happy about that?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Left/right establishment and media victory. Are you happy about that?
    No this was a failure of the right culture warrior wing of the GOP.

i.e. the people over whom we need to vault to get into power.

$#@! them.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    No this was a failure of the right culture warrior wing of the GOP.

i.e. the people over whom we need to vault to get into power.

$#@! them.
    There you go with that pesky "we" again. You, want world government; the vast majority of us do not.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

McConnell and Obama won tonight. Rand and Massie lost. Screw it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    No kidding. Trump was against Moore in the primaries.

The Hillary train is back on track if anything-- although it may not be her at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    No kidding. Trump was against Moore in the primaries.

The Hillary train is back on track if anything-- although it may not be her at the helm.
    Trumps support for Moore was malicious compliance at best. His comments were unneccesary and probably ruined the political debate. It was a repeat of the election but the reverse, Republicans thought they were going to win by a landslide and the Democrats were fired up over fake news.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trumps support for Moore was malicious compliance at best. His comments were unneccesary and probably ruined the political debate. It was a repeat of the election but the reverse, Republicans thought they were going to win by a landslide and the Democrats were fired up over fake news.
    I was feeling like that while I was watching the result, but didn't really formulate it intellectually. I think you're right. That's an insightful observation.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I was feeling like that while I was watching the result, but didn't really formulate it intellectually. I think you're right. That's an insightful observation.
    They are going to get rid of the Republican majority Rand Paul won after the last election. It's hard to blame $#@! on the other party when you control all three branches of government. That's why Trump's weak ass argument lost, theres no way people would go out and vote for government promises and ponies that we know they won't deliver on. You have all three branches of the government and we still have Obamacare, this is bull$#@! and Republican voters know it.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I dunno. Rand’s probably relieved he won’t have to deal with being associated with a pedophile. Has he done anything to help Moore since the endorsement?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I dunno. Rand’s probably relieved he won’t have to deal with being associated with a pedophile.
    Yep

Has he done anything to help Moore since the endorsement?
    Nope

I dunno. Rand’s probably relieved he won’t have to deal with being associated with a pedophile. Has he done anything to help Moore since the endorsement?
    Do you mean an alleged pedophile?

Rand endorsed Moore back in October but has been silent on it ever since. http://reason.com/blog/2017/10/17/ra...ore-in-alabama

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...g-pedophilia#1

A pedophile is a person who has a sustained sexual orientation toward children, generally aged 13 or younger, Blanchard says.
    Moore is not a pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Do you mean an alleged pedophile?
    Not even allegedly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

He's building a political empire, derails will happen.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I don't think you understand the Trump train if you think it was derailed. Trump won tonight, the real Trump, not the one he plays on TV.
    If you please, what is the real Trump?

OK but how do you explain his court nominees?

Leaves the Senate 51-49. Under reconciliation rules (which they used for the Obamacare votes and their tax reform bill) they can pass a bill with 50% of the votes (assuming the VP votes with them to break a tie). This means that to pass that tax reform they can only lose a single member of their party and still pass it. That is why they were trying to get things done so quickly. But the reconciliation of the House and Senate tax reform bills has not been worked out yet and now passing it has gotten even harder- Bob Corker was against it on the first go round and changes to get House votes may cost them other Senators (Collins is said to be leaning against it as it currently stands).

This is why it was so important to Trump and his agenda.

Other bills will need at least 60 votes to pass- meaning trying to lure ten Democrats. If they vote party line, nothing will be done.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-12-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Trump made robo calls and RM still lost?

Bad omen. Which one played bigger role in this GOP defeat, Trump's Israel embassy call or Ivanka's child rights call? Or was it something else like Flynn/Kushner scandals?
    Assuming following are not fakenews.

Chris Matthews: Trump Is Moving Capital To Jerusalem For Roy Moore

Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC’s Hard Ball with Chris Matthews, said that the call from Trump’s administration to move the capital of Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem Wednesday “is related” to the Roy More Alabama Senate race.
    “And a couple more points about this. Don’t think this isn’t related to Alabama next week. It is related. It is the Christian evangelicals down there with their crazy ideas about Israel, which is, I don’t know, mythical,” Matthews stated.
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/06/ch...for-roy-moore/

Ivanka Trump: 'Special Place in Hell for People Who Prey on Children'

insider.foxnews.com/.../ivanka-trump-reacts-roy-moore-special-place-hell-people-pre...
    Nov 15, 2017 - At a public appearance in South Jersey, Ivanka Trump spoke to the Associated Press about the sexual misconduct allegations against Judge Roy Moore (R-Ala.).

Moore would be a liability. Btw, riding on a horse to polls.

I do not think there has ever been a trump train . The senate never passing anything at all might be a gift to america

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do not think there has ever been a trump train . The senate never passing anything at all might be a gift to america
    merry xmas

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mi...rticle/2643267

Mitch McConnell: Alabama's new senator won't be seated this year

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that no matter who wins Tuesday’s Senate election in Alabama, Republican Luther Strange will remain in the seat until the end of the session this year.

“Sen. Strange is going to be here through the end of this session,” McConnell, R-Ky., told reporters.

Republicans are eager to pass a tax reform bill and send it to the president’s desk as early as next week, but there is no guarantee they will be able to round up the votes by then, and they might need more time.

Strange, a Republican, was appointed to the seat to replace Jeff Sessions, who President Trump picked to serve as attorney general.

Keeping Strange in the seat assures Republicans of a reliable GOP vote, not just for tax reform but for must-pass spending legislation.

Republican Roy Moore defeated Strange in the Alabama Republican primary and is facing off against Democrat Doug Jones in Tuesday’s election.

State officials said certification of Tuesday's election would not happen until Dec. 26th at the earliest in order to ensure all counties have reported results. The Senate is only expected to be in session this year until Dec. 22 at the latest.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

What kind of psycho roots for the neocon/prog empire? Regardless of Moore's candidacy, they have run this country aground.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    What kind of psycho roots for the neocon/prog empire? Regardless of Moore's candidacy, they have run this country aground.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    What kind of psycho roots for the neocon/prog empire?
    Good question

Why'd you do it?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Good question

Why'd you do it?
    Trump is being assailed by the entire deep state apparatus every day. You have your answer right there. Any sane person wants to see the power dispersed/broken as opposed to the status quo that once again prevailed tonight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast