Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roy Moore Loses Senate To Dems: Trump Train De-Railed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    There are 34 seats up for re-election in 2018. 24 of those are currently Democratic and eight Republican (two are independent). To take control, the Democrats need to win all the seats they currently have and pick up four more- meaning they need to win 28 out of 34 battles.
    I know, but the hype going around is that they may do that or better, I don't buy it but if Kennedy does we may be rid of the turncoat sooner rather than later.

I'd suggest Moore for SCOTUS but I want someone younger.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I know, but the hype going around is that they may do that or better, I don't buy it but if Kennedy does we may be rid of the turncoat sooner rather than later.

I'd suggest Moore for SCOTUS but I want someone younger.
    Moore's sexual harassment charges would probably rule out him being approved- even among Republicans- should Trump decide to nominate him. And even that is unlikely. Trump wants to distance himself from backing a loser.

There are 34 seats up for re-election in 2018. 24 of those are currently Democratic and eight Republican (two are independent). To take control, the Democrats need to win all the seats they currently have and pick up four more- meaning they need to win 28 out of 34 battles.
    I do not expect the numbers to change at all .

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/15/politi...ede/index.html

Trump and Steve Bannon urge Roy Moore to concede

Both President Donald Trump and his former chief political strategist Steve Bannon are urging Roy Moore to concede, as the defiant Republican Senate candidate refuses to admit defeat to Democrat Doug Jones.

Moore lost Alabama's Tuesday special Senate election by more than 20,000 votes.

"I think he should," Trump told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House on Friday morning. "He tried. I want to support, always, I want to support the person running. We need the seat. We would like to have the seat."

Bannon, the former White House chief strategist, was one of Moore's longest and most fervent supporters. He visited the state three times to campaign on his behalf, including a rally the night before the election. He told the campaign that Moore needs to concede, a source familiar with the conversation tells CNN.

Who cares? Moore shouldn't concede until the recount is completed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Who cares? Moore shouldn't concede until the recount is completed.
    What recount? There isn't one. There is only a mandatory recount if the candidates are within half a percent. Moore lost by 1.5%. Moore can still have one if he is personally willing to pay for it though. What they are waiting on is the certification of the votes but that rarely changes the vote tallies by much and Moore lost by over 20,000 votes.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What recount? There isn't one. There is only a mandatory recount if the candidates are within half a percent. Moore lost by 1.5%. Moore can still have one if he is personally willing to pay for it though. What they are waiting on is the certification of the votes but that rarely changes the vote tallies by much and Moore lost by over 20,000 votes.
    Either recount.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'd suggest Moore for SCOTUS
    Riiiight... nominate someone who willfully disobeys court orders and urges state officials to ignore a binding Supreme Court decision. Even the Senate Republicans aren't crazy enough to go for that.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Riiiight... nominate someone who willfully disobeys court orders and urges state officials to ignore a binding Supreme Court decision. Even the Senate Republicans aren't crazy enough to go for that.
    Crazy is what we need if we are to restore liberty to the Republic.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Crazy is what we need if we are to restore liberty to the Republic.
    Or crazy might destroy liberty. You never know what you might get from crazy.

Or crazy might destroy liberty.
    It depends on what kind of crazy, Moore has the right kind.

You on the other hand.............

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It depends on what kind of crazy, Moore has the right kind.

You on the other hand.............
    Moore wanted to have a duly elected Senator denied his seat simply because Moore didn't like his religion. That isn't liberty. Liberty is supposed to be for everybody- not just white Christians.

Moore wanted to have a duly elected Senator denied his seat simply because Moore didn't like his religion. That isn't liberty. Liberty is supposed to be for everybody- not just white Christians.
    I already dealt with that in the other Moore thread, and in any case there is no way he could accomplish that on his own but he could do a lot of good.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Moore shouldn't concede until the recount is completed.
    He will not concede and massive amounts of voter fraud will be shown.

Trump and Bannon are playing that they want him to concede, so it doesn’t look planned.

But from the rumors going around, this was all planned, in order to expose Soros and the Democratic Party fraudulent practices.

I pray these rumors are right.

Either way, a ridiculous amount of swamp creatures are not running for election again, McCain is rolling around in a boot which mysteriously switches to the other leg (he will be gone soon if not in jail), Clinton is wearing hers for a ridiculous long time for a simple toe fracture, over 4000 indictments are still sealed, Ryan is going bye bye, taxes are going down, the market hit highs every week, an estimated 6000+ people have been arrested in pedophile rings across the nation since Trump was elected....

And all in less than a year.

May God bless our President and may he continue to destroy the Deep State, one swamp creature at a time.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post

Trump and Bannon are playing that they want him to concede, so it doesn’t look planned.

But from the rumors going around, this was all planned, in order to expose Soros and the Democratic Party fraudulent practices.

Either way, a ridiculous amount of swamp creatures are not running for election again, McCain is rolling around in a boot which mysteriously switches to the other leg (he will be gone soon if not in jail), Clinton is wearing hers for a ridiculous long time for a simple toe fracture, over 4000 indictments are still sealed, Ryan is going bye bye, taxes are going down, the market hit highs every week, an estimated 6000+ people have been arrested in pedophile rings across the nation since Trump was elected....

May God bless our President and may he continue to destroy the Deep State, one swamp creature at a time.

https://streamable.com/qid1q

last clip shows it was happening in 2008 also.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    https://streamable.com/qid1q

last clip shows it was happening in 2008 also.
    Of course, it has been happening for as long as there have been elections, especially by the Democrats (think the 1930s).

Trump made an EO this year in anticipation, and the idiot Dems fell into the trap. This election was a honeypot, and the general public will learn how much fraud happens in these elections, facilitated by that monster Soros and his henchmen.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

© Getty

Roy Moore's campaign announced Friday that it is seeking donations for an "election integrity fund" following the former judge's unsuccessful bid for an Alabama Senate seat.
    Moore has refused to concede the race, which went to his Democratic opponent Doug Jones with 50 percent of the vote compared to Moore's 48 percent.
    The campaign is seeking to meet a deadline to report cases of voter fraud before Alabama's secretary of state certifies the vote. The election will be certified between Dec. 26 and Jan. 3.

In a letter sent out to supporters, the campaign said its budget "ran through" on Tuesday, the night of the Alabama special election, and asked supporters to help raise another $75,000 to collect reports of "voter fraud and other irregularities at polling locations throughout the state."

"My campaign team is busy collecting numerous reported cases of voter fraud and irregularities for the Secretary of State's office," the statement said.

More at: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...integrity-fund

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

For those with the means and the desire: https://www.roymoore.org/Support-Judge-Moore/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Some rumors were suggesting GOP candidate Roy Moore's loss was planned from within MAGA team because he was too conservative like Bannon.

There seems to be far greater risk to her political career due to her close ties to GOP-Adelson wing that has started to alienate growing number of GOP conservatives.

Surfacing of Ivanka-Acosta photos unlikely to harm her political career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jDPzW9COsU

How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

BY Julie K. Brown
    Nov. 28, 2018

His client, Palm Beach multimillionaire Jeffrey Epstein, 54, was accused of assembling a large, cult-like network of underage girls — with the help of young female recruiters — to coerce into having sex acts behind the walls of his opulent waterfront mansion as often as three times a day, the Town of Palm Beach police found.
    At this home on El Brillo Way in Palm Beach, young girls, recruited by other young girls, would arrive by car or taxi, be greeted in the kitchen by a member of Jeffrey Epstein’s staff and ascend a staircase. They were met by Epstein, clad in a towel.

The eccentric hedge fund manager, whose friends included former President Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Prince Andrew, was also suspected of trafficking minor girls, often from overseas, for sex parties at his other homes in Manhattan, New Mexico and the Caribbean, FBI and court records show.
    Interactive: Sex abuser Jeffrey Epstein was surrounded by powerful people. Here’s a sampling

Facing a 53-page federal indictment, Epstein could have ended up in federal prison for the rest of his life.
    But on the morning of the breakfast meeting, a deal was struck — an extraordinary plea agreement that would conceal the full extent of Epstein’s crimes and the number of people involved.
    Not only would Epstein serve just 13 months in the county jail, but the deal — called a non-prosecution agreement— essentially shut down an ongoing FBI probe into whether there were more victims and other powerful people who took part in Epstein’s sex crimes, according to a Miami Herald examination of thousands of emails, court documents and FBI records.
    The pact required Epstein to plead guilty to two prostitution charges in state court. Epstein and four of his accomplices named in the agreement received immunity from all federal criminal charges. But even more unusual, the deal included wording that granted immunity to “any potential co-conspirators’’ who were also involved in Epstein’s crimes. These accomplices or participants were not identified in the agreement, leaving it open to interpretation whether it possibly referred to other influential people who were having sex with underage girls at Epstein’s various homes or on his plane.
    As part of the arrangement, Acosta agreed, despite a federal law to the contrary, that the deal would be kept from the victims. As a result, the non-prosecution agreement was sealed until after it was approved by the judge, thereby averting any chance that the girls — or anyone else — might show up in court and try to derail it.

Acosta did not respond to numerous requests for an interview or answer queries through email.

Alexander Acosta, now President Donald Trump’s secretary of labor, was the U.S. attorney for Southern Florida when he negotiated an end to the federal investigation of Jeffrey Epstein.

But court records reveal details of the negotiations and the role that Acosta would play in arranging the deal, which scuttled the federal probe into a possible international sex trafficking operation. Among other things, Acosta allowed Epstein’s lawyers unusual freedoms in dictating the terms of the non-prosecution agreement.
    “The damage that happened in this case is unconscionable,” said Bradley Edwards, a former state prosecutor who represents some of Epstein’s victims. “How in the world, do you, the U.S. attorney, engage in a negotiation with a criminal defendant, basically allowing that criminal defendant to write up the agreement?”
    As a result, neither the victims — nor even the judge — would know how many girls Epstein allegedly sexually abused between 2001 and 2005, when his underage sex activities were first uncovered by police. Police referred the case to the FBI a year later, when they began to suspect that their investigation was being undermined by the Palm Beach State Attorney’s Office.

Not a ‘he said, she said’

“This was not a ‘he said, she said’ situation. This was 50-something ‘shes’ and one ‘he’ — and the ‘shes’ all basically told the same story,’’ said retired Palm Beach Police Chief Michael Reiter, who supervised the police probe.

Indeed, one lawsuit, still pending in New York, alleges that Epstein used an international modeling agency to recruit girls as young as 13 from Europe, Ecuador and Brazil. The girls lived in a New York building owned by Epstein, who paid for their visas, according to the sworn statement of Maritza Vasquez, the one-time bookkeeper for Mc2, the modeling agency.

Mike Fisten, a former Miami-Dade police sergeant who was also a homicide investigator and a member of the FBI Organized Crime Task Force, said the FBI had enough evidence to put Epstein away for a long time but was overruled by Acosta.

Sessions is a white hat. He is one of us. All in good time.
    How much time is good time?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Was it perhaps because his religious conflicted with his oath of office to uphold the US Constitution?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Was it perhaps because his religious conflicted with his oath of office to uphold the US Constitution?
    That sounds very much like what JFK's detractors said -- "He won't uphold the Constitution; he'll take orders from the Vatican!"
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That sounds very much like what JFK's detractors said -- "He won't uphold the Constitution; he'll take orders from the Vatican!"
    Does the Bible tell people to take orders from the Vatican?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Maybe everybody with a religion should be banned from running for office.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-04-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Does the Bible tell people to take orders from the Vatican?
    No, but thinking that all Muslims follow sharia law to the letter is about as accurate as thinking that all Christians follow the Bible to the letter.
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

No, but thinking that all Muslims follow sharia law to the letter is about as accurate as thinking that all Christians follow the Bible to the letter.
    I guess the question would be whether they actually wanted to implement Sharia Law, which is commanded by their religion.

I'm not saying no Muslims can serve in government.. but... if they take an oath to uphold the Constitution and they simultaneously want to institute Sharia Law, as commanded by their religion, then that is breaking the oath of office. It doesn't matter if it is because of their religion or what the reason is.

So if they are actually Muslim, and follow the religion, which means they want to institute Sharia Law.. then it follows that they can't uphold their oath of office. That seems like, at minimum, a big "issue" to me. Or at least a valid concern.. Again, you're correct that identifying as Muslim doesn't mean they are actually Muslim. But if they are truly Muslim, they want to institute Sharia Law.

I'm no expert, but I see Ron Paul as a real Christian, yet I don't know of anything in that regard that would conflict with upholding the Constitution.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-04-2018 at 02:25 PM.

I guess the question would be whether they actually wanted to implement Sharia Law, which is commanded by their religion.
    If they're Shi'ite maybe they're commanded to do Sharia Law. But they aren't commanded to do it by the Koran. They weren't commanded to by Mohammed. Very, very roughly half the Muslims in the world don't see the need, and don't want to be ruled by it.

And you don't have anything like the knowledge or the right to say any different about them.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If they're Shi'ite maybe they're commanded to do Sharia Law. But they aren't commanded to do it by the Koran. They weren't commanded to by Mohammed. Very, very roughly half the Muslims in the world don't see the need, and don't want to be ruled by it.

And you don't have anything like the knowledge or the right to say any different about them.
    Well if it's only half..

I'm not saying no Muslims can serve in government.. but... if they take an oath to uphold the Constitution and they simultaneously want to institute Sharia Law, as commanded by their religion, then that is breaking the oath of office. It doesn't matter if it is because of their religion or what the reason is.

So if they are actually Muslim, and follow the religion, which means they want to institute Sharia Law.. then it follows that they can't uphold their oath of office. That seems like, at minimum, a big "issue" to me. Or at least a valid concern.. Again, you're correct that identifying as Muslim doesn't mean they are actually Muslim. But if they are truly Muslim, they want to institute Sharia Law.

I'm no expert, but I see Ron Paul as a real Christian, yet I don't know of anything in that regard that would conflict with upholding the Constitution.
    Congress would have to implement Sharia law. One person cannot. Congress proposes all kinds of religious influenced laws. Did Kieth Ellison (the person Moore accused) ever call for implementing Sharia law or did Moore and others assume because somebody is Muslim they want Sharia Law throughout the world?

Democratic operatives, backed by a liberal billionaire and facilitated by a former Obama official, created thousands of fake Russian accounts to give an impression the Russian government was supporting Alabama Republican Roy Moore in last year’s election against now-Sen. Doug Jones.
    The secret project, which had a budget of just $100,000 and was carried out on Facebook and Twitter, was revealed after the New York Times obtained an internal report detailing the efforts.
    “We orchestrated an elaborate ‘false flag’ operation that planted the idea that the Moore campaign was amplified on social media by a Russian botnet,” the internal report said. It also took credit for “radicalizing Democrats with a Russian bot scandal” after experimenting “with many of the tactics now understood to have influenced the 2016 elections.”

Jones said Thursday he is "outraged" over the report and wants a federal investigation over the project.
    "I'd like to see the Federal Election Commission and the Justice Department look at this to see if there were any laws being violated and, if there were, prosecute those responsible," he said. "These authorities need to use this example right now to start setting the course for the future to let people know that this is not acceptable in the United States of America."

One participant in the project reportedly was Jonathon Morgan, the chief executive of New Knowledge, a firm that wrote a report – released by the Senate Intelligence Committee earlier this week – about Russia’s social media operations in the 2016 election and its efforts to hurt Hillary Clinton and help Donald Trump.
    He reportedly contacted Renée DiResta, who later joined his company and became the leading author of the report about the Russian interference efforts for the firm, asking for suggestions of online tactics that are worth testing.

The Senate Intelligence Committee did not respond to a request for comment.
    The Alabama project was funded by liberal billionaire and LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman who gave $100,000 to the cause, according to the Times. Hoffman is one of Silicon Valley’s top donors to the Democrats, donating $7 million to various groups and campaigns in the last election cycle.
    The money trickled down through American Engagement Technologies, a firm run by Mikey Dickerson who was appointed by former President Barack Obama to lead the newly-created United States Digital Service.
    Dickerson did not reply to Fox News’ immediate request for a comment.

The Democratic operatives then created a Facebook page and imitated conservative Alabamians who weren’t satisfied with the Republican candidate while encouraging others to write in another candidate.
    The project also involved creating thousands of fake Russian accounts on Twitter that began following Moore. This effort attracted attention from local and national media, falsely suggesting Russia is backing Moore’s candidacy.
    “Russian invasion? Roy Moore sees spike in Twitter followers from land of Putin,” read the headline of an article at The Montgomery Advertiser, just months before the election night. Other outlets shortly picked up the story.

The Washington Post, meanwhile, pointed out that the Moore campaign accused the Jones campaign and Democratic operatives of “pulling a political stunt on Twitter and alerting their friends in the media.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ican-roy-moore

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234