Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: #&^#$ The Bed (Again)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Star Wars: #&^#$ The Bed (Again)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CGI SJW bull$#@! more than likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    CGI SJW bull$#@! more than likely.
    What on earth gave you that impression?

I'm going to see it on Thursday, so I don't want to see the video/spoilers, but why do you say '$#@! the bed'? I thought The Force Awakens was awesome.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I'm going to see it on Thursday, so I don't want to see the video/spoilers, but why do you say '$#@! the bed'? I thought The Force Awakens was awesome.
    if Starwars was a foot race, you would have two NFL wide receivers, a hobby Marathon Runner, three cerebral palsy victims with polio legs, and the force awakens would be a 40 year old smoker who works in a cube.
    In other words clearly not the loser, but also clearly nothing to be proud of.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    if Starwars was a foot race, you would have two NFL wide receivers, a hobby Marathon Runner, three cerebral palsy victims with polio legs, and the force awakens would be a 40 year old smoker who works in a cube.
    In other words clearly not the loser, but also clearly nothing to be proud of.
    But it would be a 40-year-old smoker who works in a cube plastered with posters of one of the wide receivers, because he fantasizes that he's that guy and tries to dress and talk like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    But it would be a 40-year-old smoker who works in a cube plastered with posters of one of the wide receivers, because he fantasizes that he's that guy and tries to dress and talk like him.
    And not of the receiver in his prime, but as he really is in his 60s-70s: very broken, very confused, no money, prosthesis everywhere.

I liked the original trilogy, never saw any of the others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Han Solo died like a pussy.

The Nerd Crew are pretty entertaining. My son has made me watch a few of their videos. As far as Star Wars goes, I like the first three and, with the exception of the actor who played Anakin, I liked The Clone Wars. I thought the rest were pretty dumb. I'm not sure I can take watching poor Carrie Fisher (RIP) try to talk again. She had so much work done to her face, she was barely recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

now here's a trilogy...

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I’ve seen them all except the latest, even going back and watched in chronological order

Saw it last night with the Mrs. We both really liked it. It's likely to spur debate and many won't like it, but it was fun and pure escapism. Exactly what the doctor ordered. They did leave some major questions unanswered though.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Saw it last night with the Mrs. We both really liked it. It's likely to spur debate and many won't like it, but it was fun and pure escapism. Exactly what the doctor ordered. They did leave some major questions unanswered though.
    Did you cry?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Did you cry?
    I cried tears of pain and confusion seeing Super Zombie Leia fly through space....

- Diogenes of Sinope

I cried tears of pain and confusion seeing Super Zombie Leia fly through space....
    Surviving in the vacuum of space for short periods of time is something the jedi have done in a few of the books.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Surviving in the vacuum of space for short periods of time is something the jedi have done in a few of the books.
    Leia isn't a jedi - she's an untrained force sensitive. She didn't just survive the vaccuum of space. She survived a massive explosion that killed everyone else completely unscathed, and then she used her untrained force abilities to fly through space. It was the perfect moment to kill her off, which was basically necessary given the passing of Carrie Fisher, but they gave her superman level abilities to survive something that has killed jedi in canon. Like Jedi Master Plo Koon in Revenge of the Sith got his ship blown up - not in space - and was of course killed. So we have a completely untrained force sensitive surviving something way more miraculously than a Jedi Master LUL. I guess now this new trilogy has two Mary Sues

My family saw it today and we all enjoyed it. They did leave some major questions unanswered, but whatever that just leaves room for people to argue/debate.

I personally hated a lot of the movie mainly for what they did with these characters: (no spoilers other than mentioning names)

Luke
    Leia
    Snoke
    That purple haired woman and Poe

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Pretty much this^^^

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Hamill is an idiot, I haven't seen TLJ yet but I will make up my own mind when I do, the 3rd installment of this trilogy will be the decisive factor, if it is bad I will reject the whole trilogy.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 12-18-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

In any case, its funny that of the three, Leia's dead irl but Luke and Han are dead in the movies. Chewy is alone and friendless this Life Day:

Last edited by Raginfridus; 12-22-2017 at 06:08 PM.

The Last Jedi is being review bombed on Rotten Tomatoes

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/18/1...es-review-bomb

By Julia Alexander Dec 18, 2017,

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is one of the top-rated movies on Rotten Tomatoes, according to critics, but scroll down the movie’s page a little further and audience testimonies tell a different story.

There’s a gaping disparage between what critics thought of the movie (certified fresh) and the feeling a majority of moviegoers walked away from the theater harnessing. How could a movie so universally applauded by critics not have the same resounding effect on general moviegoers?

It’s hard to discern whether reviews of the movie are genuine or, as some outlets have reported, generated by bots or organized attacks from 4chan. One Facebook group, “Down With Disney's Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys,” which aligns itself as a pro-DCEU community, announced on Facebook that it had generated trolls to help review bomb The Last Jedi’s score on Rotten Tomatoes. (Review bombing is when a horde of negative reviews with low ratings are left on an entities page in protest.) The page defines itself by its anti-Marvel and anti-Disney stance as a pro-DCEU fan page.

“Thanks to friends of mine who taught me a thing or two about Bot Accounts, I used them to create this audience score through Facebook accounts created that subsequently logged into Rotten Tomatoes who rigged this score and still keep it dropping,” the post reads.

Questions about 4chan’s influence on the score have also been raised, but a thread on 4chan’s infamous politically incorrect forum, /pol/, has a number of site users claiming that 4chan wasn’t involved. Some 4chan users suggested it was a /pol/ attack because the audience rating is sitting at 56 percent, which could allude to a 2015 meme that /pol/ participants in Europe and the United States used. The term “56” has become notable among 4chan for a keyword used during organized attacks; when the score for The Last Jedi hovered at 56 percent, people thought it was a sign that 4chan was behind the review bomb.

One /pol/user noted that, “even if /pol/ could muster up 10,000 people, which would be like 2-3 times the amount for popular strawpolls posted more than once, it wouldn't be enough to change it to 56% and be able to keep it there.” This sentiment was echoed on the thread, with many /pol/ members claiming they wish it had been an organized attack, but downplaying any involvement in it.

Some of those comments have been screencapped and can be read below.

Angry Fans Petition to Have 'The Last Jedi' Abandoned and Remade

https://www.yahoo.com/news/save-apos-star-wars-apos-122842126.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Angry Fans Petition to Have 'The Last Jedi' Abandoned and Remade

https://www.yahoo.com/news/save-apos...122842126.html
    https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-di...official-canon

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Petition to Remove ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ From Official Canon Has Over 29,000 Signatures

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Petition to Remove ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ From Official Canon Has Over 51,000 Signatures

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast