Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Live updates: Alabama Senate race

Doug Jones won because he had more yard signs.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Doug Jones won because he had more yard signs.
    You've been proven correct.

This revolutionizes the methodology of polling.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Just read this. Spot on:

Maybe the only hope for this country is the repubs get destroyed in 2018. The leftists sweep every spot on a ballot, then giddy with power they provide the spark that will finally turn this cold civil war hot. The only way this country gets cleansed is by fire and salt. But, it may all be in vain. I dont think a society with our level of cultural rot survives. I dont think its supposed to. Not my decision to make. All i can do is protect my peeps when things get sporty. I am reminded of a scene in that old classic The Ten Commandments, where Chuck Heston comes down the mountain with the tablets , only to find people partying like groids on taxpayer payday. Thats this country now. A bunch of disgusting turds partying on someone elses dime. We havent gotten to the point just yet where it comes down. But i think we are damn close. This american society is on borrowed money and time

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    We need to shine a light on this:

Alabama Supreme Court blocks order to preserve digital voting records
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/12/al...ote-roy-moore/

If we do not demand paper ballots in all 50 states we will continue to see this over and over again. Voter fraud is real and that is how the corruption continues.
    Alabama Lawyer Blasts Last Minute Court Ruling Allowing Destruction of Digital Voting Records Amid Hacking Fears

by Joshua Caplan

In what is being described as a “spurious,” ruling, an Alabama court says officials can destroy all digital voting records for the state’s special Senate election between Republican Judge Roy Moore and Democrat Doug Jones.

AL.com reports:

At 1:36 p.m. Monday, a Montgomery County Circuit Court judge issued an order directing Alabama election officials to preserve all digital ballot images created at polling places across the state today.

But at 4:32 p.m. Monday, attorneys for Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill and Ed Packard, the state administrator of elections, filed an “emergency motion to stay” that order, which the state Supreme Court granted minutes after Merrill and Packard’s motion was filed.

By granting the stay, the court effectively told the state that it does not in fact have to preserve the digital ballot images – essentially digitized versions of the paper ballots voters fill out at the voting booth – created today.

But Priscilla Duncan, attorney for four Alabama voters who sued the state last week in an attempt to force election officials to preserve the digital records, said Tuesday that their argument was “spurious” and misleading.

Alabama attorney Priscilla Duncan blasted the decision saying, “They made a bunch of spurious arguments that they don’t have the authority to tell [election officials across the state] what to do – well, they’re already telling them what to do – and that it will cause a bunch of confusion at the polls, but the voters wouldn’t even know if they changed their retention policy.”

The ruling comes amid hacking fears, prompting Department of Homeland Security officials to boost the state’s cybersecurity.

“What I’m worried about is undermining the broader confidence in the vote,” he said. “My [ideal] outcome is ensuring the American people have confidence that their vote matters when they show up to vote — whether it’s at a state, a mayor, county commissioner or for president,” says DHS official Chris Krebs.

“We learned our lessons last year.” Krebs added.
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

What a $#@!show, how is anyone supposed to believe the results?

Roy Moore came in a little behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Roy Moore came in a little behind.
    ISWYDT.

Don’t be surprised if you start seeing some negs for that.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 12-13-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

When the dust begins to clear, will Roy Moore be initiating a defamation lawsuit? After all, the claims did cost him an election.

I guess we all know what this means, he's back on the McConnell train.
    If last night’s election proved anything, it proved that we need to put up GREAT Republican candidates to increase the razor thin margins in both the House and Senate. -Donald Trump
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...55920967880704
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    When the dust begins to clear, will Roy Moore be initiating a defamation lawsuit? After all, the claims did cost him an election.
    I hope so. Then AL can clean house.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't believe someone accused of sexually assaulting teenagers, who left the campaign trail for a week other than to interview a 12 year old girl, lost a US Senate race.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Here's the thing: We have a vested interest here an we have no voice. Nobody is listening to the real issues that affect all Americans. We will either do the bidding of establishment Republicans or Democrats. That's basically the same thing.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What a $#@!show, how is anyone supposed to believe the results?
    Exactly. This is how they continue to keep the corruption going.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

The Constitution originally called for senators to be appointed by state legislatures. Direct elections aren't working out so well, are they?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I can't believe someone accused of sexually assaulting teenagers, who left the campaign trail for a week other than to interview a 12 year old girl, lost a US Senate race.
    People can make excuses for Moore. The bad press did make the race closer. The actual loss is entirely on Moore. Moore did not debate Jones. Moore has been in hiding for a month. He just tried to run out the clock.

Mark Sanford faced almost identical circumstances as Moore. Sanford was losing all the polls, had no money, and was abandoned by the party. Same as Moore. Nobody wanted Sanford to win in either party (except a few libertarians). The difference is Sanford owned it and did a ton of interviews and appearances. Colbert's sister was actually the one who went into hiding. Sanford could actually articulate his beliefs like a smart and sane person. If Moore were capable of that, he wins 100% of the time. Moore had a much easier road than Sanford.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 12-13-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I honestly can't believe how many so called libertarians and people with Ron and Rand Paul pictures are gloating and sharing and retweeting an ultra liberal Democrat who will have a voting Record between Nancy Pelosi and Lindsey Graham. We are so screwed.
    Gloating over the defeat of a man who said positive things about Rand and Ron both.

Not even among our tiny minority can there be any unified front.

The heady days of old animosities dying out and a people rising up together in a glorious display of demanding their freedom are long gone.

Never were, in fact.

Freedom is not popular.

Never has been.

Meanwhile, the opposition voting blocs are, statistically, voting in 100% lockstep, for more control, more government, more taxation, more surveillance, more war, more spending.

And we're $20 trillion in the hole.

Damn right we're $#@!ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Gloating over the defeat of a man who said positive things about Rand and Ron both.

Not even among our tiny minority can there be any unified front.

The heady days of old animosities dying out and a people rising up together in a glorious display of demanding their freedom are long gone.

Never were, in fact.

Freedom is not popular.

Never has been.

Meanwhile, the opposition voting blocs are, statistically, voting in 100% lockstep, for more control, more government, more taxation, more surveillance, more war, more spending.

And we're $20 trillion in the hole.

Damn right we're $#@!ed.
    Meh, I wouldn't let Rev 3, zippy and TheCount ruin your whole idea about this place.. they could be 1 person or 2 people or 3 people, whatever, the point is they are predictable, they are always going to troll for the establishment.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Moore looks to be a bit ungracious in defeat.
    And for that he has my undying respect, we have too many candidates who are good losers, it's time we recounted every close race and filed a lawsuit over every election law violation.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And another thing: there was no "voter fraud".

Trump is a polarizing figure and toxic to downballet races.

Half the country thinks he is, literally, Hitler.

All it took to flip this seat in deep red Alabama was a $#@!ton of money to energize blacks, woemen and liberal city dwellers.

There are many more of "them" than "us".

Boom, there ya go.

///
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-13-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    The Moore accusers will disappear. And if any of them recant or change their stories, the mainstream media won't cover it.

On the other hand, this will continue to be the left's go-to tactic against all straight white male GOP candidates. Any smears related to sex or woman will be hysterically broadcast by the leftist media, even if they have to make them up or create new definitions of sexism or "rape". In the short term, it will be interesting to see if the accusations against Trump continue being trumpeted by the media, or if that was merely a ploy before the Moore vote. Long term, it will come up again, no doubt about that.

Coming up...

"He said I had spinach on my teeth in front of other people and it made me feel so small and unimportant, like I wasn't even a real person. It was so humiliating. He has no respect for women. I have been in therapy for 60 years since that happened. It was like being raped." #SaladRape
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Moore looks to be a bit ungracious in defeat.
    And for that he has my undying respect, we have too many candidates who are good losers, it's time we recounted every close race and filed a lawsuit over every election law violation.
    I look at a guy like Willard Romney as an example of a "good" loser.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I look at a guy like Willard Romney as an example of a "good" loser.
    And a "born looser" at that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

All it took to flip this seat in deep red Alabama was a $#@!ton of money to energize blacks, woemen and liberal city dwellers.

Boom, there ya go.
    The changing demographics are working against us as well.

Between immigration and low white birth rates, it is only a matter of time before we find ourselves in our own, great big, version of Rhodesia.

Compromising with it will only hasten it.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    The changing demographics are working against us as well.

Between immigration and low white birth rates, it is only a matter of time before we find ourselves in our own, great big, version of Rhodesia.

Compromising with it will only hasten it.
    Well get out there and pump out a few dozen babies! Do your bit for the country!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Well get out there and pump out a few dozen babies! Do your bit for the country!
    What makes you think that I am white?

Your assumptions violate your core "values", comrade.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Just read this. Spot on:

Maybe the only hope for this country is the repubs get destroyed in 2018. The leftists sweep every spot on a ballot, then giddy with power they provide the spark that will finally turn this cold civil war hot. The only way this country gets cleansed is by fire and salt. But, it may all be in vain. I dont think a society with our level of cultural rot survives. I dont think its supposed to. Not my decision to make. All i can do is protect my peeps when things get sporty. I am reminded of a scene in that old classic The Ten Commandments, where Chuck Heston comes down the mountain with the tablets , only to find people partying like groids on taxpayer payday. Thats this country now. A bunch of disgusting turds partying on someone elses dime. We havent gotten to the point just yet where it comes down. But i think we are damn close. This american society is on borrowed money and time

I've said this a bunch of times, but I don't think much is going to change until the dollar and our standard of living collapses. Like you said, most people are still partying and I think it's mainly on borrowed and printed money. At some point the dollar will crash and our standard of living will be more in line with our productivity. That's when I think major changes will happen. The question is will the changes be good or bad?

Boom, there ya go.
    Evidence of voter fraud exists in the election.
    Democratic activists made a last-minute push to get out the vote against Roy Moore in Alabama by encouraging “African-Americans in Mississippi” to vote in the wrong state.
    Sources on the ground in Alabama confirm that these tactics are real, and they have been used by supporters of Democrat Doug Jones.
    Big League Politics received evidence of a Reddit call for “African-Americans in Mississippi” to “make a short trip to Alabama on December 12.” That Reddit thread is still active.
    Similar calls have been made on Reddit for African-Americans in other nearby states, including Georgia and Tennessee.
    BLP BLP

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/eviden...lts-come-late/

Via Reddit thread.
    African-Americans in Georgia: The Democratic Party needs you to make a short trip to Alabama on December 12 and vote against the right-wing Republican Senate candidate and child molester Roy Moore If you need transportation, we have buses available. Call 202 863-8000
    Voter fraud! The Democrat Party is giving free bus rides for black voters from Mississippi, Georgia and Tennessee to go to Alabama and vote against GOP candidate Roy Moore on December 12. The phone number listed in the title to the thread in r/Georgia is the phone number for the D.C. office of the DNC ( Democratic National Committee 430 South Capitol St. SE Washington, DC 20003. Main phone number: 202863-8000. ).

Reddit links:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Georgia/com...ocratic_party/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Georgia/com...ocratic_party/
    ___
    https://70news.wordpress.com/2017/12...te-in-alabama/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Breaking:

Selma, Alabama:

- Population: ~21,000.
    - Votes for Doug Jones: ~25,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    WaPo and CNN say it was an anonymous source from the UK, known only as Richard A.
    For the record and people who didn't click on the link, that was a joke. It was based loosely on the fact that pundits on CNN were ecstatically claiming that the Moore defeat was due to black voters around Selma. That opinion was quite popular last night on most of the networks. Also the fact that voter fraud would inevitably come up.

You never know.

Boom, there ya go.
    Agree for the most part. That is the environment that has been intentionally cultivated by the Democrat, leftist media and politicians, precisely because they think it will get the results they got last night. Additionally, Roy Moore was a flawed candidate before the "hitting on young women 40 years ago" accusations. He was extremely controversial and polarizing. He had been censured in the past. He barely won elections that should have been easy GOP wins.

That provides the opening for a smear campaign to work.

Evidence of voter fraud exists in the election.
    Democratic activists made a last-minute push to get out the vote against Roy Moore in Alabama by encouraging “African-Americans in Mississippi” to vote in the wrong state.
    Sources on the ground in Alabama confirm that these tactics are real, and they have been used by supporters of Democrat Doug Jones.
    Big League Politics received evidence of a Reddit call for “African-Americans in Mississippi” to “make a short trip to Alabama on December 12.”
    Close races can also be thrown by small scale voter fraud that probably occurs in every election.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Quit spinning this in favor of Roy Moore! Pundits on TV have been telling us that he sexually assaulted children, and that he is a pedophile! Just last hour on Fox, slimy neocon Jesse Watters said that Moore was "credibly accused of molesting little kids".

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast