Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Live updates: Alabama Senate race

Live results from New York Times.
    https://www.nytimes.com/elections/re...ore-doug-jones
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Some of the exit polls suggest a tight race. I'd take them with a grain of salt since so many people aren't going to let themselves be interviewed about someone the media is making out to be the devil. If turnout is even throughout the state whether high or low it should be very hard for Jones to do too well since most districts are Republican.
    If exit polls are even dem loses . Because there will be Pub voters that will not say so , my guess .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Polls closed. Time to see the results.

BTW, Alabama’s state Supreme Court late Monday stayed a judge’s earlier order that the state preserve digital voting records in Tuesday’s election. So is it winner take all? No recount?

First votes in, just a couple hundred, (D) 75% to (R) 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm fairly certain that parocks was being sarcastic portraying what the media would like you to believe.
    I don't think anyone really knows what my position is on this.

I've been spending a good bit of time over on 4chan/pol/ recently. And there's this concept often used over there, called LARP. Larp means a bunch of different things, one meaning is that you say whatever you want. "You said X, you mean X" "No, that was a Larp, if I say something, it doesn't mean I believe it. Live Action Role Playing. And the "Role" is someone else other than me.

Watching FOX now, they look like they've been taken out back and beat with a shovel.

They think Moore's losing.

Next precinct came in, (D) actually increased, little more than 75%

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Get a grip.

Nobody did anything to Barney Frank, who practically destroyed the housing industry and whose partner ran a gay brothel from their shared DC apartment.

And nobody did anything to Ted Kennedy who was a known philanderer, and who allowed Mary Jo Kopechne to drown in the car when he drunkenly drove off the bridge at Chappaquiddick.
    You think that what I was saying was anti Moore. You think I'm some kind of SJW cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    I don't think anyone really knows what my position is on this.

I've been spending a good bit of time over on 4chan/pol/ recently. And there's this concept often used over there, called LARP. Larp means a bunch of different things, one meaning is that you say whatever you want. "You said X, you mean X" "No, that was a Larp, if I say something, it doesn't mean I believe it. Live Action Role Playing. And the "Role" is someone else other than me.
    Sounds ghey, is LARP something you are supposed to say when you get surprise buttsexed?

Now it's dropping to realistic levels, (D) to 55%

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First results in are single precincts in bright blue counties and some reds of various shades.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Tucker Carlson is inarticulate, sounds like he's drunk.

That whole network is losing their $#@!...slowly, calmly, like good mescaline.

interesting
    Nate Silver 8:15 PM
    Perhaps unsurprisingly, the exit poll shows a large gender gap. Jones is winning among women by 15 points, but Moore is winning among men by 17 points.
    By comparison, last year Hillary Clinton won women by 13 points nationally but Trump won men by 9 points.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

That whole network is losing their $#@!...slowly, calmly, like good mescaline.
    for reference, Carlson is seriously anti-moore.

Funny you say that......

I'm watching AJ and I swear that he's drunk also.

First Mobile (that's a city FYI) precinct comes in, 69.9% for (D).

(D) will win if it gets enough in the cities, not sure what's "enough."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    for reference, Carlson is seriously anti-moore.
    That's interesting.

He was talking to Brit Hume, I believe, and they both looked very worried.

...they were talking about how it didn't have to be Moore, could have been a stronger candidate.

So, I got the definite impression they were disturbed by the early results/inside tips they get re (D) leading.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

A lineup of corporate whores look disappointed.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First Montgomery precincts in, 75% (D)

Nate Silver 8:18 PM
    Exit polls show Moore winning 56-37 among voters who decided in the last few days — perhaps a sign of the GOP base coming home to him.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

First Montgomery precincts in, 75% (D)
    Ya, Clinton won there with 61%, so looks like tighter race but considering Trump won statewide with 62% might not be tight enough for the dems.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

(D) 72.9% in Tuscaloosa

Ya, Clinton won there with 61%, so looks like tighter race but considering Trump won statewide with 62% might not be tight enough for the dems.
    That's pretty significant.

I'm on the floor rolling hard!!!!!!!

(D) 72.9% in Tuscaloosa

That's pretty significant.
    down from 92 earlier. Clinton won with 82%. edit disregard that wrong county.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

With 1% of precincts now reporting, ~60-40 (D).

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fox News seems to be stuck on <1% reporting.

down from 92 earlier. Clinton won with 82%. edit disregard that wrong county.
    I think you're talking about Greene (was/is 93.6).

Tuscaloosa started at 75, now 72 something.

Clare Malone 8:32 PM
    According to the exit polls, white women in Alabama are staying with Moore. That’s no surprise. Historically, white women have voted Republican, and we saw them stick with Trump back in 2016, even after the Access Hollywood tape. Partisanship is a force that is truly determinative in recent elections.

Nate Silver 8:31 PM

As Nate Cohn notes, Alabama counties can vary a lot from precinct to precinct — often a mix of very black precincts and very white precincts. So it’s hard to make reliable inferences from incomplete county results. So far, no county has reported more than 7 percent of its votes, so it will be a little while before we can say much about how things are trending.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I really don't know what %s the (D) needs in the cities to win, but what stikes me now (early granted) is how many blue rural counties I see.

...and, BTW, FOX is getting more pissed and yelly as time passes...

P.S. Birmingham first results, 88.6% (D)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast