Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Live updates: Alabama Senate race

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Yea, just for the record, I can't read your $#@!s or tweets or so forth.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alabama...live-updating/

Moore had a 22 point lead in polls at one point.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-12-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Like I said, the slavery card works, even in this day and age. God help the retards.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...labama/548237/

As Cook Political Report editor Dave Wasserman noted on Twitter, turnout was particularly high in the counties with the highest black populations. In Greene County, a small, 80-percent-black area that Martin Luther King, Jr., frequented in his Poor People’s Campaign, turnout reached 78 percent of 2016 turnout, an incredible mark given that special elections and midterms usually fall far short of general-election marks. Perry County, also an important mostly black site of voting-rights battles of old, turned out at 75 percent of 2016 levels. Dallas County, whose seat is the city of Selma, hit the 74 percent mark. And while the exact numbers aren’t in for all of the majority-black or heavily black counties, it appears black voters favored Jones at rates close to or above 90 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Like I said, the slavery card works, even in this day and age. God help the retards.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...labama/548237/
    Anyone who liked either Moore or Jones is...

...well, never mind.

Alabama Secretary of State, John Merrill, spoke with reporters late Tuesday night addressing the US Senate special election results. Merrill said he wanted to explain the process from this point going forward. The Secretary of State laid out the steps that need to be taken:

• Each county will first process and secure the write-in votes by Friday, December 15;
    • On Tuesday, December 19 all the provisional ballots and all the military ballots in each county will be processed with the write-in votes;
    • All of the above information is due in the Secretary of State’s office by Friday, December 22;
    • All votes will go through a certification process that will take place no earlier than December 26 and no later than January 3.

Merrill said that this process will allow the state to make sure that all the standards as required by the code of Alabama have been met and that everything has been certified for the next US Senator from the State of Alabama.
    He also pointed out that this was not the most write-in votes cast in an Alabama election but it is one of “the highest margins that has ever been achieved in a competitive race.”
    The Secretary of State also addressed the question of a recount. He said that the automatic recount has not been triggered and would only occur after all of the certification takes place either by request or if it is required. Merrill also said that the Moore campaign has not requested a recount and could not until the procedure is finished.

http://whnt.com/2017/12/12/alabama-s...ws-conference/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No good to rig an election if evidence remains.

Alabama Supreme Court blocks order to preserve digital voting records
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/12/al...ote-roy-moore/
    Following an eleventh-hour order instructing voting officials in Alabama to keep the digital ballots generated in Tuesday’s controversial Senate election, the state’s Supreme Court has issued a stay to block that decision.

Meh, freedom isn't popular, no news there.

The Bolsheviks are gonna blow the the GOP out of the water in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Unfortunately the GOP needs to clean house before we see what the real numbers are. There are still a ton of people in the party who are over-due to be replaced. They've been around stalling the liberty movement since 2008 or even longer. That's why when you see the GOP with a majority, they don't actually have a majority, because you can always count on folks like McCain and Graham to f'k up the really important votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

96 to 4.

Can't get much more monolithic than that.

Didn't Moore vanish from the campaign trail in the last week except for that interview he did with the 12 year old girl? He was either following really bad advice or he was ignoring common sense advice.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

The revenge of the mouth breathers in 2018. It has all the earmarks. The media has riled up the intellectual dregs of society to restore control to the globalists, since trumpism has always transcended just trump. Trump has always been a passenger to the ongoing civil insurrection.

96 to 4.

Can't get much more monolithic than that.
    yea no idea why those black people didnt wanna vote for a guy who said it would be best if the amendment that abolished slavery would be repealed (and all other amendments after the 10th)

I honestly can't believe how many so called libertarians and people with Ron and Rand Paul pictures are gloating and sharing and retweeting an ultra liberal Democrat who will have a voting Record between Nancy Pelosi and Lindsey Graham. We are so screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I honestly can't believe how many so called libertarians and people with Ron and Rand Paul pictures are gloating and sharing and retweeting an ultra liberal Democrat who will have a voting Record between Nancy Pelosi and Lindsey Graham. We are so screwed.
    Just wait and see what this place is like for the 2018 mid terms.

Forget about Jones for a second. The goddamn uniparty won again. All of Moore's flaws can't hide this fact. Expect more Luther Stranges in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I really don't understand the mindset. Opposing a social conservative is one thing, but all else aside how is anyone supposed to defend himself against allegations of wanting to have sex with someone 40 years ago? I mean what the hell?
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The revenge of the mouth breathers in 2018.
    If you want to see a real mouth breather, check out the Moore spokesperson who was corrected on his claim that an elected official has to swear on a Bible.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b07ff75afe9367

I'm no fan of the Huffington Post, but it's the only site I found that has the audio of the exchange.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

I may just skip it entirely. Ugh.

Moore looks to be a bit ungracious in defeat.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Really what the trolly shills here would like. . . look at how they gloat in their warm fecal bath of media/state victory threads

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    Really what the trolly shills here would like. . . look at how they gloat in their warm fecal bath of media/state victory threads

And this is the greatest tragedy of politics. We fight, and the other side fights so dirty we want to give up. If we give up they win 100% of the time. It is an endless circle with more people getting disgusted and quitting each time.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    And this is the greatest tragedy of politics. We fight, and the other side fights so dirty we want to give up. If we give up they win 100% of the time. It is an endless circle with more people getting disgusted and quitting each time.
    "This one's serious. You can't sit it out," Obama said.

We need to shine a light on this:

Alabama Supreme Court blocks order to preserve digital voting records
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/12/al...ote-roy-moore/

If we do not demand paper ballots in all 50 states we will continue to see this over and over again. Voter fraud is real and that is how the corruption continues.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What we need around here is a good old fashioned purge.

I nominate Zippy, Rev, and The Flu.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    What we need around here is a good old fashioned purge.

I nominate Zippy, Rev, and The Flu.
    It's like a dark curse has fallen over the land.....

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast