Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball 2018

A's drop three in a row to first place team . Remove themselves from contention . Drop about ten games behind the playoff teams .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Orioles . . . oh my!

So, we are getting close to the half-way point . . .
    Baltimore could top out at some 20 wins by the All-Star break, with about 30 games BELOW .500

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

And from the (probably) never happened before in baseball department . . .

Brewers reliever pukes on mound before facing first batter - ground crew comes out -
    and after facing two batters throws up again - and ground crew needs to clean-up again.

Brewers bullpen not just drinkin' cervejas in the pen . . . this new pitcher hitting the sauce hard (?) Jus' sayin'

Last edited by Jan2017; 06-19-2018 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    And from the (probably) never happened before in baseball department . . .

Brewers reliever pukes on mound before facing first batter - ground crew comes out -
    and after facing two batters throws up again - and ground crew needs to clean-up again.

Brewers bullpen not just drinkin' cervejas in the pen . . . this new pitcher hitting the sauce hard (?) Jus' sayin'

I threw up on the mound once after getting hit in the nutsack with a line drive and swallowing a wad of Red Man . Ya just gotta work through it and keep on .
    Do something Danke

A's on fire today with 15 hits , five homers and two doubles. Bats had been dead for awhile . Pitching continues to be good . Still expecting to finish the season with a team ERA in the 3's .Won four in a row , have four coming up with White Sox then four with the Tigers . If they could have hit for some decent avg they could have contended for a playoff spot . Stunk it up with a .239 team avg . Probably about eight games out of a spot right now .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-20-2018 at 09:29 PM.
    Do something Danke

A's win 7 of ten , move within about 6 games out of a playoff spot .
    Do something Danke

A's win 9 of 11 , still about 6 games back of a playoff spot .
    Do something Danke

A's home run streak ends today at 27 . They win 4 - 2 finishing a ten game road trip 8 - 2 and winning 10 of last 12 . Still 6 games out of a playoff spot . June 29 - Jul 15 they have 15 games most of are against the first place Indians and Astros . I think they have to win most of these games to stay in there to have a shot in Sept . We are 0 - 3 this month against houston . Indians can win that division easily ( Tigers just dropped 9 in a row to move 9 1/2 out ). Going to be a dogfight for every other American League playoff spot .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-28-2018 at 04:39 PM.
    Do something Danke

A's close June winning 12 of 15 and still cannot make up any ground on the Mariners for a playoff spot , seattle has won 7 in a row , A's lose to Indians today, had won 6 in a row.
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-01-2018 at 08:12 PM.
    Do something Danke

A's win again behind good pitching . Still 7 games back of the hated yankees and eight games back of the Mariners for the last playoff spot . At this rate they could finish the season 20 games over .500 and miss the playoffs . A's are 41 - 29 since May 15 .
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A's have a day off . After winning 14 of 17 since June 15 the next 7 are against first place teams . These are very important games for the A's to stay in the race for the last playoff spot , still about 7 back .
    Do something Danke

A's win today , next game will be looking for win # 50 . Still need a collapse by the yankees to catch them for the last playoff spot , probably about 6 back .
    Do something Danke

A's win again today 2 - 0 , if they can get the win in tomorrow it might move them within five games of a playoff spot . A's have gone 17 - 4 in the last 21 to try and get back in . Giving up only three runs in the past three games the pitching has been good .
    Do something Danke

A's win last night and today , take 3 of four from the first place houston Colt .45's and move within about five games of seattle for the last playoff spot. A's , astros and mariners have a combined 52 road losses in the 273 games played . A's have made the move up by batting around .250 instead of .230. A's are 19 - 5 in last 24 .
    Do something Danke

A's need to get the bats going early tonight against san fran . We need these games . They are of no real great importance to fourth place giants . A win tonight could get us within about four games of the mariners.
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-13-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    Do something Danke

A's win tonight , if they could have pulled it out last night they would have cut the gap to that last playoff spot to three games .
    Do something Danke

A's win again , pull within three games of mariners who have lost seven of last ten . I think we can overtake them. Hopefully they stay away from trades at the trade deadline and play to win with what they have.
    Do something Danke

Mike Trout is having a fabulous season. I wish some of his teammates would start having fabulous seasons, too. Sheesh. I grew up near Anaheim stadium and I have always loved the Angels. Not as much as I love the Dodgers, but I do love them.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A's finish up 21 - 6 before the All Star break . They need a real positive in the next seven games after the break with the Giants and Rangers , they win all those they may catch the mariners by 7 /27,
    Do something Danke

Jan2017

All Star Game is an extra inning affair at Nationals Park in DC - with high Nielsen ratings reported I guess, in the 18-49 age group . . .

"There has never been more than six homers in an All Star game since Babe Ruth hit the very first one in 1933."
    In 2018, there were 10 home runs with every run (except one) scored off a home run.
    AL with 3 in the top of the inning while the NL can only counter with one run in the bottom of the 10th . . . it ends 8-6

The Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh was at the All Star Game, btw.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...e_lineups.html
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-18-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Mike Trout is having a fabulous season. I wish some of his teammates would start having fabulous seasons, too. Sheesh. I grew up near Anaheim stadium and I have always loved the Angels. Not as much as I love the Dodgers, but I do love them.
    Trout gets a home run and . . .

Hah me too . . . lived in the City of Orange for a short while and I like Anaheim stadium . . .
    but yeah Dodger Stadium is great and only NL stadium I ever been in.
    Fenway and the old Comiskey Park too for me

A's win last night and today , about three games out of a playoff spot .
    Do something Danke

I used to be a diehard fan (Mets - then the Braves) but I quit watching completely over 20 years ago. In my opinion they ruined the sport with the steroids era and wildcards. The steroids era ruined the statistics, now fans think guys that hit 35 home runs back in the 60s and 70s had no power. The wild card ruined pennant races. I used to watch regular season games knowing how many games back my team was and I knew if they won and the division leader lost, they'd gain a game. Now it doesn't matter. If they're going to have wildcards, they should go all in like in the NBA and NHL. That way I an skip the regular season but still learn the teams during an extended playoff. I don't watch the regular NBA season, but the playoffs are long enough that I feel I learn the teams pretty well during the playoffs.

A's hit major league leading 88th road home run of the season top of the 7th , up 11 - 2 .
    Do something Danke

Tebow has a broken hand , Mets will not be able to call him up in Sept as expected .
    Do something Danke

A's win gets them within 2 1/2 gemes of Mariners , probably five back of yankees . Danke needs to save some money to take me to a playoff game .
    Do something Danke

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Tebow has a broken hand , Mets will not be able to call him up in Sept as expected .
    Just when it seemed he might actually have a shot at making it. I'll bet he's always going to wonder how he would've done if he would've played baseball from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    but yeah Dodger Stadium is great and only NL stadium I ever been in.

The story I always heard was that they really maintained that park. That seemed to be the case, at least from what I saw in pics and TV. Did you find that to be the case?

Also, did you know that Dodger Stadium is now the 3rd oldest MLB park? Hard to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I grew up near Anaheim stadium and I have always loved the Angels. Not as much as I love the Dodgers, but I do love them.
    I was asking Jan2017 about Dodger Stadium. I imagine you went to both Dodger Stadium and the Angels park? I still like to call it the big A.

I've never been to any California parks. The Giants Park looks pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

A's score 11 runs in 7th through 10th innings to win 13 - 10 tonight , A's move within about a game of a playoff spot .
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast