Thread: Video, SFPD shoots unarmed fleeing stolen vehicle suspect

Video, SFPD shoots unarmed fleeing stolen vehicle suspect

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been in some force-on-force training classes (civilian, non-LEO/military) where someone went from apparently unarmed to shooting me (plastic pellets) in a heartbeat. The debrief after my scenario was basically "Yeah, you should've shot him much sooner."

So, I could see where the LEO would react that way to someone being right outside their car window.

I'd wager he'll probably get off with minimal repercussions, for this reason.

The mistake here, imho, is that they didn't keep their distance, to better assess the person getting out of the car.

I had the same opinion about the Tamir Rice shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    I've been in some force-on-force training classes (civilian, non-LEO/military) where someone went from apparently unarmed to shooting me (plastic pellets) in a heartbeat. The debrief after my scenario was basically "Yeah, you should've shot him much sooner."

So, I could see where the LEO would react that way to someone being right outside their car window.

I'd wager he'll probably get off with minimal repercussions, for this reason.

The mistake here, imho, is that they didn't keep their distance, to better assess the person getting out of the car.

I had the same opinion about the Tamir Rice shooting.
    Anyone who has been to a Use of Force class knows that SCOTUS already ruled on this in Tennesee V. Garner. Can't shoot a fleeing felon unless there is a imminent deadly threat to self or public.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

SAN FRANCISCO (BCN/KTVU) - Police on Thursday showed the body-worn camera footage of a fatal officer-involved shooting that occurred last week in San Francisco's Bayview neighborhood to an emotional crowd during a town hall meeting at a church. What the crowd learned: The officer who shot California state Lottery carjacking suspect Keita O'Neil was unarmed when the rookie officer - four days on the job - pulled out his gun and killed him.
    4 days on the job. No experience, just training...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I have taken force on force training too. The lesson I learned is to shoot someone as they offer to shake your hand because you will be dead if you don't.

It is good training for reflexes and understanding the worst case scenario. It is also good for training paranoia and shooting J. Q. Yuppie as he reaches for his ID for a seatbelt violation.