Thread: A Millennial Job Interview

A Millennial Job Interview

While I wouldn't claim that this represents the entire Millenial generation, it does present a pretty accurate, and funny, read on that segment of Millenials who are precious little snowflakes traveling through life with a sense of entitlement and an attitude of perpetual victimhood.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hate interviews. "How would people describe you?" "What's favorite color?" $#@! you.

I can't laugh because she has more skills than I do. I can do Pinterest and can totally be there by 8 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

LOL I wonder if that's really what most young Millennials are like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I hate interviews. "How would people describe you?" "What's favorite color?" $#@! you.
    +1 You just want to say "ASK THINGS RELEVANT TO THE POSITION PLZ!". Annoying AF.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

The proper response to your description is, "Depends on how much you're paying me" and to your favorite color is, "What's yours?" and wink.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

- What is your biggest challenge?

- Containing my laughter while being asked stupid questions during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    +1 You just want to say "ASK THINGS RELEVANT TO THE POSITION PLZ!". Annoying AF.
    Getting annoyed isn't the way to get the job. Save that for when you see all the paycheck deductions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Getting annoyed isn't the way to get the job. Save that for when you see all the paycheck deductions.
    troof. That's (part of) why I quit working for other people and started freelancing.

that might be an accurate representation of 5% or less of millennials

This shows clearly how unprepared you were for the salary negotiations.

This describes the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This shows clearly how unprepared you were for the salary negotiations.
    Actually, that's the one thing I am qualified to do. I don't $#@! around when it comes to money. Mr A will verified that I've managed to negotiate a salary with perks way beyond my skill set.

Millennials are the slacker generation, there's no skirting around it. One of my buddies slacked off to fix stuff, paint, do yard work, whatever - then he'd invite me over Fridays. He almost never had beers, but when he did he gave them up reluctantly. People just expect something for nothing, there's no honor among friends anymore.

No wonder he and his wife never came over. I'd put em to work, you betcha.

*BUT they'd drink like warrior-poets afterwards, I'd see to it.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 12-09-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Millennials are the slacker generation, there's no skirting around it. One of my buddies slacked off to fix stuff, paint, do yard work, whatever - then he'd invite me over Fridays. He almost never had beers, but when he did he gave them up reluctantly. People just expect something for nothing, there's no honor among friends anymore.

You don't need those kind of people in your life.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't need those kind of people in your life.
    Just my dogs!

Well, that was truthful and painful as well.

And why do all almost all woemen younger than 30 or so all seem to have the same voice?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yeah, but every generation says that about the youth (and has for as long as there have been people). It's fun to pick on them and blame them for all the bad things tho, isn't it?

True.

Last edited by Raginfridus; 12-09-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And why do all almost all woemen younger than 30 or so all seem to have the same voice?

Well, I can't throw stones because I'm from the Valley Girl generation. I didn't talk like that and thought it was goofy but that's what all the girls on tv and movies sounded like for awhile. Fur shur.

BTW, I didn't think Nick Cage was a hunk. I thought he had weird chest hair.