Thread: Any Ayn Rand Fans?

Unregistered

Any Ayn Rand Fans?

My best friend is in love with Ayn Rand and has read all or nearly all her work. Can anyone suggest books by someone else as a good gift idea please?
    Thank you

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My best friend is in love with Ayn Rand and has read all or nearly all her work. Can anyone suggest books by someone else as a good gift idea please?
    Thank you
    How old is your friend?

W/O an age, I suggest 1984, Animal Farm, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and V For Vendetta (movie and comic). All of these are on the same theme but from better writers. (Well, Moore is iffy, but that work is great.)

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Thank you
    Give him/her a copy of One Piece. Really fun anti world government pirate fiction. He/She'll get hooked.
    Last edited by Lamp; 12-08-2017 at 05:20 PM.

"Unintended Consequences" by John Ross.

Fun fiction revolving around liberty and what happens when it is circumscribed for "our own good". Main character kills a small load of government agents, so there's something for everyone.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...-srp1-_-title1
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I've read nearly everything she wrote and am not a fan. Rand was hubris on steroids, a zionist, racist and advocate of terrorism.

Mere Christianity, by C. S. Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    How old is your friend?

W/O an age, I suggest 1984, Animal Farm, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and V For Vendetta (movie and comic). All of these are on the same theme but from better writers. (Well, Moore is iffy, but that work is great.)
    All these, plus We, Envy, The Master And Margarita, Oman Ra, One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich, Moscow To The End Of The Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you
    A bit of a dangerous woman.

God of the Machine by Isabel Paterson

Thank you
    It's non-fiction but I really liked Peter Schiff's "How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes".

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Canard View Post
    Rand was hubris on steroids
    Please elaborate.

a zionist,
    Not that I care, but please elaborate.

racist
    Please elaborate, beginning with a definition of "racist".

and advocate of terrorism.
    Please elaborate.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

If you want to keep people away from Libertarianism take Ayn Rand...

Why do so many people here hate Ayn Rand? She's very similar to Ron Paul in her views. Same thing with Peter Schiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Why do so many people here hate Ayn Rand? She's very similar to Ron Paul in her views. Same thing with Peter Schiff.
    The Ayn rand institute attacked Ron Paul on Foreign Policy...Ayn Rand attacked Libertarianism many times..

http://aynrandlexicon.com/ayn-rand-i...tarianism.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    The Ayn rand institute attacked Ron Paul on Foreign Policy...Ayn Rand attacked Libertarianism many times..

http://aynrandlexicon.com/ayn-rand-i...tarianism.html
    Ayn Rand hated everybody! That doesn't mean a thing. But the fact is that her philosophy was very similar to Ron Paul's. And "Rand" Paul.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Objectivism is not compatible with Christianity.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Objectivism is not compatible with Christianity.
    I don't get too deep into the philosophical aspect of Ayn Rand's theories. Just the political part. Besides that you're free to practice any religion you want in Ayn Rand's world.

Ron Paul = selflessness, get along with others, Golden Rule. Ayn Rand = selfishness, self worship, everyone else can go to hell. I don't think the government should interfere with anyone's right to be a jerk, but making your philosophy center around being a jerk sets you up for failure since people don't like jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I think Ayn Rand and Donald Trump also have a lot in common.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I don't get too deep into the philosophical aspect of Ayn Rand's theories. Just the political part. Besides that you're free to practice any religion you want in Ayn Rand's world.
    Ayn Rand detested Christianity, and any other social structure that taught sacrificing oneself for another was virtuous. She believed that all evils of the world were the result of altruism. You asked why so many people here hate Ayn Rand, and I answered you.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Ron Paul = selflessness, get along with others, Golden Rule. Ayn Rand = selfishness, self worship, everyone else can go to hell. I don't think the government should interfere with anyone's right to be a jerk, but making your philosophy center around being a jerk sets you up for failure since people don't like jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I think Ayn Rand and Donald Trump also have a lot in common.
    I think you're on to something.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I don't see what the difference is between any of these individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    I don't see what the difference is between any of these individuals.
    That would be due to your personal ignorance..
    You could correct that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.