+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Ayn Rand Fans?

Unregistered

Default Any Ayn Rand Fans?

My best friend is in love with Ayn Rand and has read all or nearly all her work. Can anyone suggest books by someone else as a good gift idea please?
    Thank you

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My best friend is in love with Ayn Rand and has read all or nearly all her work. Can anyone suggest books by someone else as a good gift idea please?
    Thank you
    How old is your friend?

W/O an age, I suggest 1984, Animal Farm, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and V For Vendetta (movie and comic). All of these are on the same theme but from better writers. (Well, Moore is iffy, but that work is great.)
    “Maybe I forgot to mention something to you: I don’t believe in queens. You think freedom is something you can give and take on a whim. But to your people, freedom is as essential as air. And without it, there is no life. There is only darkness.” -Zaheer

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan

"There are three things the parasite hates: free markets, free will, and free men."-Andrew Ryan

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing North Korea

Blog Entries

Thank you
    Give him/her a copy of One Piece. Really fun anti world government pirate fiction. He/She'll get hooked.
    Last edited by Lamp; 12-08-2017 at 05:20 PM.

"Unintended Consequences" by John Ross.

Fun fiction revolving around liberty and what happens when it is circumscribed for "our own good". Main character kills a small load of government agents, so there's something for everyone.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...-srp1-_-title1
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

Pray for reset.

I've read nearly everything she wrote and am not a fan. Rand was hubris on steroids, a zionist, racist and advocate of terrorism.

Mere Christianity, by C. S. Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    How old is your friend?

W/O an age, I suggest 1984, Animal Farm, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and V For Vendetta (movie and comic). All of these are on the same theme but from better writers. (Well, Moore is iffy, but that work is great.)
    All these, plus We, Envy, The Master And Margarita, Oman Ra, One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich, Moscow To The End Of The Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)//I sell stuff here go buy nao!

Thank you
    A bit of a dangerous woman.

+ Reply to Thread