Thread: Twitter set to lose record number of users on Dec. 18, 2017

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

Twitter set to lose record number of users on Dec. 18, 2017

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can you explain in words? I can't understand when he talks, there are too many boobies flashing in my face.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Can you explain in words? I can't understand when he talks, there are too many boobies flashing in my face.
    Scroll down while watching. He left a link in the description on the youtube page.

http://fortune.com/2017/11/18/twitte...s-to-violence/

Twitter Will Ban User Ties to Violent Groups 'Both On and Off the Platform'

Early Friday, Twitter announced changes to its policies on violent and hateful speech, some of them dramatic. Users will no longer be able to use “hateful images or symbols” in profile images or headers. And, in a step with few recent parallels, Twitter says users “may not affiliate with organizations that – whether by their own statements or activity both on and off the platform – use or promote violence against civilians to further their causes.”

The ban on violent affiliations, even when violent views aren’t promoted on Twitter itself, raises a number of questions about enforcement. Among those is whether or to what extent Twitter staff will monitor questionable groups’ behavior outside of the platform; whether only formally organized groups will be impacted; and where the line will be drawn between ‘official’ group stances and activity by group members.

Given the constantly-evolving way Twitter has enforced its existing rules, answers to those questions are only likely to be clear well after the new policies go into effect on December 18 — if ever.

The ethical case for the new restrictions is likely straightforward to many – Twitter, along with Facebook and YouTube, have in recent years been accused of giving extremists including both Islamic terrorists and white supremacists a vast new platform. Under mounting public pressure, all three sites have taken increasingly stringent steps to limit access to extremist content or ban users who promote it.

But the business case for those moves is at least slightly more ambiguous. Earlier in its development, Twitter took an uncompromising free-speech stance, but over time it has become clear that such permissiveness bred harassment, which in turn may have alienated some users and throttled growth. By that logic, policing user affiliations could help build a larger, more mainstream user base.

On the other hand, at least some Twitter users have reveled in their ability to say whatever they wanted on the platform, for better or worse. Tighter restrictions could push away such users, and small upstarts – including the Twitter copycat Gab – are poised to poach them.

Does that mean they could ban Trump? He is one of their bigger customers.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dent-is-racist

Trump's anti-Muslim retweets prompt backlash in Washington: 'The president is racist'

A top Democrat condemned Donald Trump as a “racist” hours after the president retweeted a series of anti-Muslim videos on Wednesday that were posted by the deputy leader of a British far-right group.

“The president is racist. There’s no doubt about that in my mind,” Keith Ellison, the deputy chair of the Democratic National Committee and a Muslim member of Congress, told the Guardian.

“This is Trump. He is a politician who is cynically trying to divide people along racial and religious lines,” he added. “Somehow people who call him out on his racism have to worry about defending themselves against [people saying], ‘How dare you call the president a racist?’”

Trump has repeatedly denied being a racist in the past.

He prompted the latest controversy after he shared the incendiary videos – which drew a swift and rare rebuke from Britain’s prime minister, Theresa May, through an official spokesperson – to his 43.6 million Twitter followers despite serious questions about their authenticity. They marked the latest inflammatory action against Muslims from Trump, who as a candidate campaigned on banning all Muslims from entering the US and as president has sought to limit Muslim immigration through executive order.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Typical Zip. Explain to me how Muslims are a race. I dare you.

Leftists are far more violent than the alt-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    Zippy does not engage in any discussions here because:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Leftists are far more violent than the alt-right.
    Leftist generally operate very covertly. They can $#@! you in a second without anybody being any wiser to what happened. They also think playing by the rules is for suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    Muslim isn't a race. It is a religion.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thats not what you alluded to in your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That's what he pointed out to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members