Thread: Al Gore: Climate change is a huge business opportunity

Al Gore: Climate change is a huge business opportunity

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/a...tunity/9956219

Al Gore speaking at investor conference Slush in Helsinki on Thursday. Image: Tiina Jutila / Yle

The former US vice president Al Gore said in his keynote speech at Slush on Thursday that climate change is a huge business opportunity. The annual startup jamboree opened on Thursday, welcoming 20,000 attendees, 2,600 companies and 1,500 investors to the Finnish capital for two days of frenetic pitching, presentations and deal-making.

Opening the event, keynote speaker Gore said he had not come to the annual event in Helsinki to entertain the attendees, but to recruit them to help solve the world's biggest problems - and to make money on the side.

Gore's big message was that climate change is a business opportunity. In 2004, Gore co-founded Generation Investment Management, which invests in sustainable companies including Proterra, a manufacturer of electric buses.

Food prices to rise

As climate change hits and agricultural production suffers, the price of food will rise. As a result, up to a billion people may leave their homes in the next decades, warned Gore, who narrowly lost the 2000 US presidential election.

Gore added that he is optimistic about the Paris Agreement on climate. Even though US president Donald Trump has stated that the US will withdraw from the 2016 agreement designed to cut greenhouse gases, the next president could easily rejoin it, noted Gore.

Besides, many states such as California and thousands of companies remain committed to the Paris accord regardless of Trump's plans, Gore said.

Princely visits

Slush also welcomed other celebrities including Prince Daniel of Sweden and the Duke of Cambridge, who is second in line to the English throne.

The Duke, better known as Prince William, received two handmade hobbyhorses for his children, referencing a recent Finnish craze for older children to use the equine toys, before heading to Helsinki city centre to gladhand well-wishers and meet Santa Claus.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Al should have gotten into Bitcoins, then we’d not be hearing from him anymore.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The nonsense is over the top, especially in schools.

I try to counter some of this by answering homework assignments on Yahoo Answers. I made an entire thread about Yahoo answers here.

Or, just see the Q & A text here:

Q: "I have to do a research paper about climate change I had read about it but I will like if someone can help me how to first. It a 2 page?"

My Answer: Best Answer: "Climate change has not been demonstrated. The temperature is different from my porch to my driveway.

What is the margin of error on 1.8 degrees in many decades? Record keeping in this time period of so-called change was done in analog, not digital. Even scientific sources like NASA acknowledge that many of the temperatures were rounded up in over a century of record keeping.

You might want to look up something called the Urban Heat Effect. It means that a temperature will drastically change when you add a building. What happens when you add that building next to a weather station?"

My answer to the student is short, so critiques or additional info from people here is welcome.
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...4013716AAO0k1x
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 12-08-2017 at 01:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members