Thread: Hillbilly Hotties Win First Round in Bikini-Barista Battle

Hillbilly Hotties Win First Round in Bikini-Barista Battle

FacebookScore one for the Hillbilly Hotties espresso stand and its band of bikini baristas in Washington state. A federal judge ruled this week that the Everett-based business can stay open pending the resolution of its lawsuit against the city.

The suit, filed in September, challenges the constitutionality of new local laws that would effectively ban businesses like Hillbilly Hotties.

In a pair of August ordinances, Everett banned skimpy clothing at all quick-service food and drink venues (i.e., food trucks, drive-up coffee huts, and concession stands), forbidding workers from wearing sheer clothing or bikinis and from exposing shoulders, midriffs, lower backs, breasts, or the "bottom one-half of the anal cleft." The laws were largely aimed at the area's popular "bikini barista" stands.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge Marsha Pechman issued a preliminary injunction on enforcement of the new rules, finding that they are likely too vague to pass constitutional muster.

The term "bottom one-half of the anal cleft" isn't "well-defined or reasonably understandable," wrote Pechman, "and the ordinances otherwise fail to provide clear guidance and raise risks of arbitrary enforcement." The Court also found that the dress code "likely violates Plaintiffs' right to free expression."

"Choice of clothing is communicative," wrote Pechman. "While some customers view the bikinis as 'sexualized,' to others they convey particularized values, beliefs, ideas and opinions; namely, body confidence and freedom of choice. Moreover, in certain scenarios, bikinis can convey the very type of political speech that lies at the core of the First Amendment."
    http://reason.com/blog/2017/12/06/hi...-round#comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is one of those 1/2 mile away from me. Shameless harlots.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

There is one of those 1/2 mile away from me. Shameless harlots.
    Java Juggs ? Twin Peaks ? Well , I bet those shameless harlots are selling coffee .

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Mods? Would RP approve of this sewage?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Java Juggs ? Twin Peaks ? Well , I bet those shameless harlots are selling coffee .
    Yes, coffee also....

Mods? Would RP approve of this sewage?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Where do you find this stuff? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is that an anal cleft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I don't care if they are full on nude. I ain't paying $5 for a cup of coffee.

Yes, coffee also....

Did these things become popular before or after Idiocracy?

Why aren't there any in California?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Should be able to get a cappuccino for no more than $2.40
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Should be able to get a cappuccino for no more than $2.40
    About the same as a gallon of gas , which seems cheaper than starbucks ( who is closing all of its tea stores ) .

I think it's time for a Danke ban.... Good grief...
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I think it's time for a Danke ban.... Good grief...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I will have to defer to Danke about anus cleft rules . This is new to me . When I was a kid that was not posted in the rules at the pool .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I will have to defer to Danke about anus cleft rules . This is new to me . When I was a kid that was not posted in the rules at the pool .

Did these things become popular before or after Idiocracy?

Why aren't there any in California?
    I guess that depends on when you think idiocracy started.

I guess that depends on when you think idiocracy started.
    Well the movie about coffee shops where you could buy a handjob came out in 2006.

No-pan kissa (ノーパン喫茶, literally "no-panties cafe") is a Japanese term for cafes where the waitresses wear short skirts with no underwear. The floors, or sections of the floor, are often mirrored.[citation needed]
    Customers order drinks and snacks and generally touch, the staff.[1] The shops otherwise look like normal coffee shops, rather than sex establishments, although they charge around four times as much for coffee.[citation needed] Previously, most sex establishments had been establishments, such as soaplands and pink salons, with professional prostitutes. No-pan kissa were a popular employment choice amongst some women because they paid well and generally required little sexual contact with the customers.
    The first one to open was in Osaka in 1980.[2] Initially, all of them were in remote areas outside the traditional entertainment districts. Within a year, large numbers had opened in many more places, such as major railway stations.[3]
    In the 1980s (the peak of the boom in these shops), many started to have topless or bottomless waitresses.[citation needed] However, at this point, the number of such shops started to decline rapidly.[citation needed]
    Eventually, such coffee shops gave way to fashion health (massage) clubs and few no-pan kissa, if any, remain.[citation needed] The New Amusement Business Control and Improvement Act came into force on February 13, 1985, which further restricted the sex industry and protected the more traditional businesses.[citation needed]
    In addition to no-pan kissa, there have also been no-pan shabu-shabu[4] and no-pan karaoke.[1][5]
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I'm with ya!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'm with ya!
    Where did this nonsense start, anyways?

House drip coffee
    $1.85

$1.85

No-pan kissa (ノーパン喫茶, literally "no-panties cafe") is a Japanese term for cafes where the waitresses wear short skirts with no underwear. The floors, or sections of the floor, are often mirrored.[citation needed]
    Customers order drinks and snacks and generally touch, the staff.[1] The shops otherwise look like normal coffee shops, rather than sex establishments, although they charge around four times as much for coffee.[citation needed] Previously, most sex establishments had been establishments, such as soaplands and pink salons, with professional prostitutes. No-pan kissa were a popular employment choice amongst some women because they paid well and generally required little sexual contact with the customers.
    The first one to open was in Osaka in 1980.[2] Initially, all of them were in remote areas outside the traditional entertainment districts. Within a year, large numbers had opened in many more places, such as major railway stations.[3]
    In the 1980s (the peak of the boom in these shops), many started to have topless or bottomless waitresses.[citation needed] However, at this point, the number of such shops started to decline rapidly.[citation needed]
    Eventually, such coffee shops gave way to fashion health (massage) clubs and few no-pan kissa, if any, remain.[citation needed] The New Amusement Business Control and Improvement Act came into force on February 13, 1985, which further restricted the sex industry and protected the more traditional businesses.[citation needed]
    In addition to no-pan kissa, there have also been no-pan shabu-shabu[4] and no-pan karaoke.[1][5]
    How was the No - pan Shabu Shabu ? Spicy ?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When I lived out there ( long time ago ) Everett and Gig Harbor were better areas than where I lived on the South Side of Tacoma . I was about the only guy on my street in the ghetto that had a job .

“No photo or video “
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

“No photo or video “
    She may not want her Grandmother to know about those tats on her hooters .