Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 43

Thread: US Homeless Rates Rise First Time In A Decade: Entirely West Coast Problem

  1. #1

    Default US Homeless Rates Rise First Time In A Decade: Entirely West Coast Problem

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-num...ets-1512595311

    https://apnews.com/47662ad74baf4bb09...ess-population

    But before Zipster chimes in with some anti-Trump rhetoric, I'd like to point out that the East Coast actually decreased their homelessness rates, while flyover country maintained a level number. The increases are entirely on the west coast, suggesting that something is very, very wrong with their liberal policies.

    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    From the report:

    City officials, homeless advocates and those living on the streets point to a main culprit: the region’s booming economy .

    Rents have soared beyond affordability for many lower-wage workers who until just a just few years ago could typically find a place to stay. Now, even a temporary setback can be enough to leave them out on the streets.
    Help me keep posting. Please donate here: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-num...ets-1512595311

    https://apnews.com/47662ad74baf4bb09...ess-population

    But before Zipster chimes in with some anti-Trump rhetoric, I'd like to point out that the East Coast actually decreased their homelessness rates, while flyover country maintained a level number. The increases are entirely on the west coast, suggesting that something is very, very wrong with their liberal policies.
    Liberal policies, open borders zealots and the Silicon Valley CEO's that don't give a damn about investing in their communities or hiring the people in the communities for which they are located. Importing foreign slave labor is their number one priority so no surprise they do not give a damn about homeless Americans.

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    From the report:
    City officials, homeless advocates and those living on the streets point to a main culprit: the region’s booming economy .

    Rents have soared beyond affordability for many lower-wage workers who until just a just few years ago could typically find a place to stay. Now, even a temporary setback can be enough to leave them out on the streets.
    It's a government caused crisis, a free market would have prevented it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's a government caused crisis, a free market would have prevented it.
    What would a free-market solution to homelessness be? People are homeless for different reasons. Some lost their jobs or faced another tragedy in their lives. Some are mentally ill. Some are addicted to drugs or alcohol. Can you find a home for everybody?
    Help me keep posting. Please donate here: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What would a free-market solution to homelessness be? People are homeless for different reasons. Some lost their jobs or faced another tragedy in their lives. Some are mentally ill. Some are addicted to drugs or alcohol. Can you find a home for everybody?
    Don't move the goalposts, THIS crisis as opposed to all homelessness is the subject.

    A free market would have allowed many more homes to be built and kept rents/purchase costs down.

    There are many other ways that liberal government contributes to the problem as well.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Don't move the goalposts, THIS crisis as opposed to all homelessness is the subject.

    A free market would have allowed many more homes to be built and kept rents/purchase costs down.

    There are many other ways that liberal government contributes to the problem as well.
    So there is lots of space in Los Angeles where they can build enough homes for everybody who wants one. We just need to let them be built.
    Help me keep posting. Please donate here: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-num...ets-1512595311

    https://apnews.com/47662ad74baf4bb09...ess-population

    But before Zipster chimes in with some anti-Trump rhetoric, I'd like to point out that the East Coast actually decreased their homelessness rates, while flyover country maintained a level number. The increases are entirely on the west coast, suggesting that something is very, very wrong with their liberal policies.

    West Coast.

    Best weather, best tweak, best welfare.

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    From the report:
    City officials, homeless advocates and those living on the streets point to a main culprit: the region’s booming economy
    Dumb things liberals say.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So there is lots of space in Los Angeles where they can build enough homes for everybody who wants one. We just need to let them be built.
    Specifically, the laws against building up has created a housing shortage as well as a traffic nightmare.

    Here's an article about a different problem: bureaucrats.

    Despite soaring demand for housing in the Bay Area, the city hasn’t approved any new development projects in more than five years.
    ....many of those local governments have made it even more difficult to build new housing.
    More than two-thirds of California’s coastal communities have adopted measures — such as caps on population or housing growth, or building height limits — aimed at limiting residential development,
    Last edited by angelatc; 12-06-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  12. #11

    Default

    I dont,know about the east coast, but over here there are a $#@!load of people who would rather live in homeless camps and panhandle then work to support themselves.

    And the liberal idiots around here give them enough that they can do it.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So there is lots of space in Los Angeles where they can build enough homes for everybody who wants one. We just need to let them be built.
    Well, thank goodness the L.A. government is returning the tiny homes, built by the free market and caring individuals, they confiscated after being excoriated for it.

    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...421-story.html
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I dont,know about the east coast, but over here there are a $#@!load of people who would rather live in homeless camps and panhandle then work to support themselves.

    And the liberal idiots around here give them enough that they can do it.
    Perhaps some just got tired of beating their heads against a wall due to government licensing, taxing, ordinancing and legislating them into a situation where they just said "$#@! it, In the "Land of the Free" I have more freedom living in the shadows than I do living a "normal" life?"
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So there is lots of space in Los Angeles where they can build enough homes for everybody who wants one. We just need to let them be built.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoning
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

    -H. L. Mencken

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Perhaps some just got tired of beating their heads against a wall due to government licensing, taxing, ordinancing and legislating them into a situation where they just said "$#@! it, In the "Land of the Free" I have more freedom living in the shadows than I do living a "normal" life?"
    I know plenty of those, but they aren't standing on corners with a "please help me" sign not willing to work for anything at all. It's a epidemic around here. I've seen them fight for exclusive rights to the best off ramps.

  17. #16

    Default

    Homelessness is way under-reported! Multi-genrational households skyrocketing. Too many addicts bunking with friends. Lot of people with outstanding warrants but can't get arrested cuz the Police can't find them.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    From the report:
    Personally I do not believe that . I doubt these homeless are employed.

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I dont,know about the east coast, but over here there are a $#@!load of people who would rather live in homeless camps and panhandle then work to support themselves.

    And the liberal idiots around here give them enough that they can do it.
    Thats how I see it .

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What would a free-market solution to homelessness be? People are homeless for different reasons. Some lost their jobs or faced another tragedy in their lives. Some are mentally ill. Some are addicted to drugs or alcohol. Can you find a home for everybody?
    Probably little that can be done for the mentally ill . The other major disease is laziness . No help should be given for that .

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Probably little that can be done for the mentally ill . The other major disease is laziness . No help should be given for that .
    This^^^^

  22. #21

    Default

    The class warfare won't stop until we are all dependent on the state. The government terrorists hate us because we are free. These are the victims of corporate welfare, debt monetization and our never-ending war spending.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    West Coast.

    Best weather, best tweak, best welfare.

    It IS easier to be homeless where you don't have to worry much about the weather.
    Help me keep posting. Please donate here: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  24. #23

    Default

    The free market solution to homelessness and poverty is to have ways for poor people to accumulate wealth through property ownership. That will never happen until property owners are truly free to do what they want with what they own. Property values grow over time, and even a tiny lot would be worth more in a year or so.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    The free market solution to homelessness and poverty is to have ways for poor people to accumulate wealth through property ownership. That will never happen until property owners are truly free to do what they want with what they own. Property values grow over time, and even a tiny lot would be worth more in a year or so.
    Should we then offer property for free to homeless people? If they are poor, how do they acquire property? If the value of property always goes up, don't you reach a point where not everybody can afford it?
    Help me keep posting. Please donate here: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Perhaps some just got tired of beating their heads against a wall due to government licensing, taxing, ordinancing and legislating them into a situation where they just said "$#@! it, In the "Land of the Free" I have more freedom living in the shadows than I do living a "normal" life?"
    Yup, this.

    Why kill yourself supporting an entire system that hates you?

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It IS easier to be homeless where you don't have to worry much about the weather.
    Zip, this isn't a good thread for ya. Alaska is right there on the top 10 list.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It IS easier to be homeless where you don't have to worry much about the weather.
    Zip, this isn't a good thread for ya. Alaska is right there on the top 10 list.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  29. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Zip, this isn't a good thread for ya. Alaska is right there on the top 10 list.
    Alaska was one of the declining states.
    Help me keep posting. Please donate here: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Should we then offer property for free to homeless people? If they are poor, how do they acquire property? If the value of property always goes up, don't you reach a point where not everybody can afford it?
    No. You don't give anything away. You allow people to purchase a very small unit of housing at a very low rate. I have suggested some options other places, but nobody seems to have any ideas how to do it. I think without the regulations and whatever, tiny 1/8th shares could be zoned for whatever people wanted to put there as long as they had a mailbox and lived there permanently. Means testing would be helpful so rich developers didn't price the poor out of the market. I think some empty schools could be converted and sold as units. The main thing is that they would have to be near transportation.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    No. You don't give anything away. You allow people to purchase a very small unit of housing at a very low rate. I have suggested some options other places, but nobody seems to have any ideas how to do it. I think without the regulations and whatever, tiny 1/8th shares could be zoned for whatever people wanted to put there as long as they had a mailbox and lived there permanently. Means testing would be helpful so rich developers didn't price the poor out of the market. I think some empty schools could be converted and sold as units. The main thing is that they would have to be near transportation.
    "A very low rate"- so government subsidized housing? If they are homeless, they are also most likely unemployed. How do they pay for any payments or upkeep on the property? They are trying to figure out where their next meal is coming from.

    Means testing would be helpful so rich developers didn't price the poor out of the market.
    So below market prices. Many cities do have low income housing programs already.

    Homesteading doesn't work very well in large cities.

    Getting a job and a place to live certainly help. They assume a person is also willing and able to change how they are living.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-08-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    Help me keep posting. Please donate here: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. FED Raises Rates for 2nd Time in Decade
    By jllundqu in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-16-2016, 11:56 AM
  2. What time does BTO end for people on the West Coast?
    By time4change in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
  3. What time can we donate on the WEST COAST?
    By TheConstitutionLives in forum Tea Party
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 12:20 AM
  4. West Coast: Donate by 9 PM YOUR TIME!
    By DeadheadForPaul in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •