Thread: Ron Paul's $10K Twitter Poll

Ron Paul's $10K Twitter Poll

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Gold easy choice for me. Bitcoin has obviously gained more value lately but it could be banned, obsolete etc by 2027.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Unless $10K is less than 1% of their portfolios, I have a hard time believing so many people would pick bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Unless $10K is less than 1% of their portfolios, I have a hard time believing so many people would pick bitcoin.
    I think they are looking at it as a lotto ticket.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Bitcoinmodel‏ @bitcoinmodel

Replying to @Guardiain @RonPaul
    Gold is just one corrupt law away from being confiscated. Good luck confiscating Bitcoins.
    LMAO for real?
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Gold and treasuries are probably pretty close from a very long term historical perspective. I would guess gold would do better over the next 10 years but that is purely a guess.

It is more interesting to read how aggressively stupid so many of the people commenting on the Tweet are. I noticed a lot of people have very confident opinions on things they have no business being confident on.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fed Notes 4%
    Gold 43%
    Bitcoin 43%
    Tbonds 10%

5,708 votes
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Because bitcoin will probably go up 100-1000x in value whereas gold will probably go somewhere from holding steady to 10-100x in value.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I think they are looking at it as a lotto ticket.
    False. A lottery ticket is a gambling game based on chance. Bitcoin is a revolution in money.

I don't think Ron was expecting bitcoin to get over half the vote, lol

Because bitcoin will probably go up 100-1000x in value whereas gold will probably go somewhere from holding steady to 10-100x in value.
    Yes but there is also absolutely no reason why Bitcoin couldn't completely crash. It's a trust thing, as soon as the trust is gone, the value is gone. It can happen and statistics say it will happen.

Higher risk, higher payout. Therefore...
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Yes but there is also absolutely no reason why Bitcoin couldn't completely crash. It's a trust thing, as soon as the trust is gone, the value is gone. It can happen and statistics say it will happen.

Higher risk, higher payout. Therefore...

I don't see bitcoin completely crashing.. it is being used in too many places for too many different things. Even if ONE country cracked down, it wouldn't do much, and it might even make people more interested, particularly on a global scale.. if it was going to get hacked, it probably would have been hacked by now.

I mean, ya, there are scenarios where bitcoin could crash or go down, I just don't see them as very likely at this point. Bitcoin is ready to burst onto the scene.

If you think there is a bitcoin mania now because all of a sudden you know one or two people who suddenly gained interest, wait a few years until rappers are talking about how much bitcoin they own and your grandma wants to buy some.

Slaves gonna be slaves, trading their labor for absolutely nothing.

People are literally sending their dollars to buy $#@!ing "cryptokitties". It's like a pet rock but there's no rock. Zombies abound.

Analytically:
    $10k buys 7+ ozs of physical gold at the suppressed/fraudulent paper gold price. Indexed to the national debt, that 7ozs is already valued at $42k. Sounds like gold is a no-brainer. Silver even better since the same indexed value means $10k of silver is already valued at $364k.

Or you could buy some electrons instead.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-06-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Final results

2% Federal Reserve Notes
    36% Gold
    54% Bitcoin
    08% 10 Year US Treasury Bond

i voted Bitcoin. Ron Paul won internet polls!!!!! hahahahahaha

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think many people voted for Bitcoin to simply promote Bitcoin. No chance of Bitcoin in it's current form in 10 years being competitive with Gold or other cryptocurrencies. A superior fork of Bitcoin maybe, but certainly not this Bitcoin. The current Bitcoin tech is too immature and limited for real world widespread adoption as opposed to it's competitors.

More likely in 10 years one or more of the technically superior cryptos will take it's place or maybe a new one, possibly one's back by the establishment like a US Treasury crypto currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Slaves gonna be slaves, trading their labor for absolutely nothing.

People are literally sending their dollars to buy $#@!ing "cryptokitties". It's like a pet rock but there's no rock. Zombies abound.

Analytically:
    $10k buys 7+ ozs of physical gold at the suppressed/fraudulent paper gold price. Indexed to the national debt, that 7ozs is already valued at $42k. Sounds like gold is a no-brainer. Silver even better since the same indexed value means $10k of silver is already valued at $364k.

Or you could buy some electrons instead.
    The price of gold has no tracking relationship with us debt. US debt has always gone up for more than half a century yet gold has gone up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The price of gold has no tracking relationship with us debt. US debt has always gone up for more than half a century yet gold has gone up and down.
    Of course it doesn't, because you should have bolded the "suppressed/fraudulent paper gold price" part instead. Once the amount of printed money got so large that foreigners started redeeming it for more physical gold than the Treasury could supply, the gold link was cut in 1971. The FRN situation got too out-of-hand in 1971 for gold. What does that say about the state of the FRN:gold relationship today, with a national debt of 21 TRILLION??

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

What's to prevent insiders at exchanges to tell their friends to lose some of the altcoins, or let it be hacked? Like Mt Gox, Plausible deniability?

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Of course it doesn't, because you should have bolded the "suppressed/fraudulent paper gold price" part instead. Once the amount of printed money got so large that foreigners started redeeming it for more physical gold than the Treasury could supply, the gold link was cut in 1971. The FRN situation got too out-of-hand in 1971 for gold. What does that say about the state of the FRN:gold relationship today, with a national debt of 21 TRILLION??
    Actually it was the trade deficit which led to Nixon closing the gold window. When you have a trade deficit and your trading partners can trade their dollars for gold, you can lose all of your gold reserves to them. The US was losing gold- we were projected to be out of it in ten to twenty years if it continued.

^^^^^ 6 or a half dozen. You spun the same thing I said in a slightly different way. Too many dollars outstanding that were being redeemed for gold because the dollars weren't trusted and holders would rather have the gold. In 1971.

I don't think Ron was expecting bitcoin to get over half the vote, lol
    I think he will be pleasantly surprised to see how few want FRN's .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    What's to prevent insiders at exchanges to tell their friends to lose some of the altcoins, or let it be hacked? Like Mt Gox, Plausible deniability?
    That's the business model.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯