Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump Calls Abbas: Tells Trump 'No Palestinian state without East Jerusalem as capital'

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    "If the Arabs go to war....."

So, what is the US doing in the ME, exactly? Bringing peace?
    I did not defend any military action of the empire, but the Palestinians, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt etc. are not currently in a state of war with Israel but they might change that and my point was that the embassy move is more likely to endanger Kushner's/Israel's interests than benefit them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 12-09-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The fact that some Jews are opposed to some actions of the state of Israel does not change the fact that the Arabs don't want Israel to have any part of Jerusalem, they don't want Israel to exist and THAT is why they are rioting over this.
    EM
    That is interesting selective use of collectivist terms, "some Jews" vs "the Arabs".
    Are you implying there are not "some Arabs" who want East Jerusalem as Capital of their State and do not claim that G-d promised the whole of that land to only them because they are special?

I did not defend any military action of the empire, but the Palestinians, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt etc. are not currently in a state of war with Israel but they might change that and my point was that the embassy move is more likely to endanger Kushner's/Israel's interests than benefit them.
    EM

Some US Jews probably see Christian evangelicals'pushing for such steps as 'anti-semitic'.

CUFI Leader John Hagee confirms Christian Zionism is anti-Semitic

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    EM
    That is interesting selective use of collectivist terms, "some Jews" vs "the Arabs".
    Are you implying there are not "some Arabs" who want East Jerusalem as Capital of their State and do not claim that G-d promised the whole of that land to only them because they are special?
    I am not implying that there aren't Arabs who differ from those I referred to, I don't have to lay out all the micro-details of the situation in order to make a point that doesn't deal with the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    EM

Some US Jews probably see Christian evangelicals'pushing for such steps as 'anti-semitic'.

CUFI Leader John Hagee confirms Christian Zionism is anti-Semitic
    I don't care, Israel exists, Israel controls Jerusalem, Israel has made it the seat of their government, we owe them the same consideration we would give any other sovereign nation to recognize their capital.

And as for the Palestinians I repeat the following:

This needs repeating because all of the propagandists and virtue signalers are distorting the truth:

The irony is that what the president said does not concede those rights and claims. His recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital reflects a reality that it is the seat of Israel’s government and that, for the Jewish state, Jerusalem will always be its capital — there is no other city that could be. For Palestinians, they too no doubt cannot envision any city but Jerusalem as the capital of their state, if and when it emerges from moribund negotiations. The president’s statement does not rule that out: On the contrary, he said that the United States is not taking a position on “the specific boundaries of the Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem, or the resolution of contested borders.” Those questions, he said, “are up to the parties involved.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/moving-u-...215434421.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123