Thread: Are doctors being overpaid?

Are doctors being overpaid?

All they do is fix slaves so they can go back to work. The slaves usually make less than 1/10 of doctors salary. The doctor gets kickbacks from big pharma and makes sure everybody takes pills according to the latest bs schedule. Is this a superstition we carry from ancient times?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Drug dealing usually pays pretty good.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    No.
    I totally disagree

Doctors don't make that much. They are underpaid. Do you know how hard it is to get into Med school (assuming you are white or Asian)? You need close to a 4.0 or a really high MCAT. You are a decade behind in making money. You don't start making a good income until your 30's at which point the earning potential is pretty capped for most physicians.

Every person in Med school is smart so there isn't much scholarship money. So you often need student loans The average student loan debt for a new doctor is apparently 166k. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/1-milli...ming-a-doctor/

Then you have all the other worries like people suing you and all the paperwork headaches. I wouldn't want that career path.

Some jobs that require license are and some aren't, licenses give people an entitled rate that aren't set by market forces, they are usually government regulated boondoggles that are not an effective way to bring goods to the marketplace. This has a lot to do with education we are taught not to think and to listen to our intellectual thought leaders who don't think either.